Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

FogHelmut posted:

I saw a car that was basically this:

I don't even know how this could ever be legal.

There's an SRT Challenger like that around here. Only difference is this guys' Challenger is turbocharged, flat black paintjob (not a wrap), custom red on black staggered 3 piece wheels, and a very aggressive stance. It sounds beautiful and looks even better. I'll have to try & find him to get pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Detroit and hot-weather states. I've seen a number of vehicles wrapped up here in AZ over the years, usually still with those Michigan "MANUFACTURER" tags on them. Lately the ones I've been seeing have been trucks towing trailers - one was very clearly the upcoming Colorado, and also a diesel given the scrawling over the fuel filler door, while the others all looked like they were probably the latest version of the GM fullsize trucks / SUVs.

Sypher
Feb 4, 2003

ultimateforce posted:

It's a test car covered like that to make it harder to identity in photographs.

Edit: New Cadillac CTS-V?

Ah neat. Had no idea they wrapped test cars like that. When I was driving along side it, it definitely looked like a CTS body. Obviously I can't be too sure.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Detroit and hot-weather states. I've seen a number of vehicles wrapped up here in AZ over the years, usually still with those Michigan "MANUFACTURER" tags on them. Lately the ones I've been seeing have been trucks towing trailers - one was very clearly the upcoming Colorado, and also a diesel given the scrawling over the fuel filler door, while the others all looked like they were probably the latest version of the GM fullsize trucks / SUVs.

Isn't Arizona where they do most of their extended hot weather tests? I love that they drop it off, leave it in the desert for like 2 weeks, come back, and measure how long it takes the A/C to cool the car down after all that time.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Sypher posted:

Ah neat. Had no idea they wrapped test cars like that. When I was driving along side it, it definitely looked like a CTS body. Obviously I can't be too sure.

If it looked like the current CTS then it's probably the ATS-V.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Trust me, there's no reason to leave it parked that long here in June :v:

They'll just flog cars around town, up and down the freeways, and until a few years back GM's Proving Grounds were here, complete with a massive circle track for high speed testing:

They decided it wasn't remote enough for them anymore so it's been in a slow demolition that has had a couple failed-start projects planned for the land since the housing market imploded. They tore up the tracks pretty early on, though they looked old enough I wouldn't have wanted to try and go too fast on them anyway:

I do have a storage locker that I bought off of one of the companies demoing the place, though!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Aww that would have been fun to goof off around. :(

Also I kind of think the Challenger looks cool, but I wouldn't want it driving around like that obviously.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Detroit and hot-weather states.

And cold weather states. I've seen a few wrapped-up testers during winter trips up to north Minnesota.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Fond memories of seeing the SRT-4 Caliber test mule show up in butt gently caress nowhere Arizona and chasing it around with cameras. :allears:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

DropShadow posted:

And cold weather states. I've seen a few wrapped-up testers during winter trips up to north Minnesota.

There is also a cold weather testing facility in upper Michigan.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

This is a dumbass question but what car are you driving?

Looks like Phoenix metro, the lack of street signs over the intersection and the dealer sticker on that car point to Phoenix.

EDIT: misread that as where.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Scirocco Griffon posted:

It's nice that they have the spare strapped up in full view like that so everyone can see how worn the rest of the tires are because they probably can't afford to replace all 6 of them.

Maybe i'm insane but I think this is pretty cool.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

gently caress it bring that track back and add dirt jumps over the areas where they started destroying the pavement and bring Robby Gordon's Stadium Truck series over for goofs.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Dick Burglar posted:

This is a dumbass question but what car are you driving?

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Looks like a Fiat 500

Correct, 2012 fiat 500 Abarth.

Also I didn't get a pic but a there was a huge ladder and a bumper wadded up in my lane on the way home yesterday. It was almost the last pic of the fiat.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Trust me, there's no reason to leave it parked that long here in June :v:

They'll just flog cars around town, up and down the freeways, and until a few years back GM's Proving Grounds were here, complete with a massive circle track for high speed testing:

GM still maintains testing grounds about 20 miles outside of Yuma, in an area that's part of the Goldwater bombing range restricted airspace, which keeps people from getting aerial photos of whatever they're testing.

Volkswagen and Nissan both have pretty large facilities near Maricopa, and despite the fact that Volkswagen has threatened to shut their facility down due to urban sprawl, I frequently see cars running around the oval track whenever I fly past that area.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

m5ind posted:

Here's something I got stuck behind today.

The stickers on the right are tough to see from the sun, so from top to bottom:
Boost gets you laid
Be patient, I'm lowered
No fat chicks, car will scrape
some lewd acts in the shape of the Honda logo

Of course, it doesn't run and is on a trailer. Of course the trailer has no brake lights on it. What was towing this piece, you ask?

I like how nobody mentions the 3" of tire poke on the civic.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

PopeOnARope posted:

I like how nobody mentions the 3" of tire poke on the civic.

Those are the trailer tires. :ssh:

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Kid did not even look at the pictures in the post, yet posted about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Kid did not even look at the pictures in the post, yet posted about it.

Welcome to the SA Forums!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Safety Dance posted:

If someone were to thermite that truck, it would be justifiable autocide.

This is why I enjoy driving a beater work truck, I gleefully park parallel to those fucks about 8-10" from the drivers side so that they STILL can't get into their stupid car without scratching it up.

What are they going to do, put a scratch in my dent? Break my windows on candid camera? I have glass insurance, no straight body panels, and the store has security cameras, make my day :smug:

I would drive the poo poo out of that white Ford, too. The spare is probably in the bed to improve ground clearance, that's where mine is (though it's laid flat and strapped down unless I need the cargo space.)

It wouldn't be that clean, though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Imgur has provided me with one dose of "normal Terrible Car Stuff thread material":

Calvin and Hobbes dates from the mid eighties.

And one dose of "I don't know what the gently caress":

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

... Huh. So they tapped Todd McFarlane to do the Turbo Teen reboot.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Imgur has provided me with one dose of "normal Terrible Car Stuff thread material":

The Turbo Teen segment in "Robot Chicken" was one of the most hosed up things I have seen before this animation.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

InitialDave posted:

Not to mention the terrible grammar. Unless that person has a parent named Ninety. Cretins.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Kids from the 90s can drive now??!!??

EDIT: Way more :corsair: when I stop and realize that Nevermind came out 22 years ago.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 24, 2013

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

blugu64 posted:

EDIT: Way more :corsair: when I stop and realize that Nevermind came out 22 years ago.

The Super Nintendo can Drink, and the Nintendo 64 can Drive.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

blugu64 posted:

Taylor Swift was writing songs 22 years ago?

EDIT: Oh, checked wiki and there's some other thing called Nevermind

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 24, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Throatwarbler posted:

I didn't even like Nirvana that much and you just made me mad.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Throatwarbler posted:

You were joking, right?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Throatwarbler posted:

:golfclap:

well played kind sir

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

blugu64 posted:

High school freshmen (this upcoming august) were born in 1999.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Frinkahedron posted:

High school freshmen (this upcoming august) were born in 1999.

I graduated in 1998 :corsair:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I've only got one thing to say, with age comes wisdom. Those who won't be able to remember Kris Kross are doomed to wear their clothes backwards again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blugu64 posted:

I've only got one thing to say, with age comes wisdom. Those who won't be able to remember Kris Kross are doomed to wear their clothes backwards again.

I can't wait for this poo poo.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Edit: gently caress me, I'm trying to figure out how to use the imgur mobile app along with the SA browser Android app..fucks sake.:suicide:

gileadexile fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 24, 2013

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

You Am I posted:

You were joking, right?

He was confusing her with Miley Ray Cyrus, who wrote the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 22 years ago.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

blugu64 posted:

Ya know, I think one of the dudes died recently. RIP backwards overalls.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I can't forgive the chick in the backseat being completely disinterested.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't forgive the chick in the backseat being completely disinterested.

He has the upgraded Dino Bait package. Also, Wrong Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

nthalp posted:

He has the upgraded Dino Bait package. Also, Wrong Thread.

He's posted it in the right thread as well. The terrible bit is that the woman in the back looks totally bored.