Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WendigoJohnson posted:

Has anyone browsed K-mart lately?

It seems some at least around where I am are still stocking Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games. I was able to pick up both Zelda Oracle Games and Phantom Hourglass all for under 40 bucks. Like when I saw them I did a double take of disbelief, because it's like one of those dreams that you have where you find a magical store that's selling NES games for 5 dollars brand new.

I think this also means I have every Zelda game now in some shape or form except for Minish Cap. I'm going to have to start actually beating some of them now, I've only ever fully beaten Link to the Past, OoT, and Majora's Mask. I have a habit of getting to the last dungeon and then never finishing it.

I picked up a bunch of GBA games from my local K-mart before they switched to Sears Essentials, looks like I'll be stopping at two actual K-marts on my way home from school in the morning :getin:.

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erluk
Nov 11, 2007

"If you can't beat 'em, STRANGLE 'EM"

Hogscraper posted:

Clean your games.

I probably clean my games way more than is necessary, but i think the problem with the old connector was that one of the pins was all hosed up and bent out of shape (from me, while trying to clean it. don't use the credit card towel method with an NES!)

Hogscraper posted:

Do you have a replacement 72-pin or the original? If it's the original I can walk you through how to refurb one. Replacement 72-pins are the worst garbage ever. Srsly, I don't care what you've read. Don't put these in your consoles.</rant>

Out of curiosity, whats wrong with the replacements? I put one in my NES (although I'm fairly certain the one I bought it with was also a replacement) and it works fine. Did I just get lucky or is there something wrong with them I haven't seen yet?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Erluk posted:

Out of curiosity, whats wrong with the replacements? I put one in my NES (although I'm fairly certain the one I bought it with was also a replacement) and it works fine. Did I just get lucky or is there something wrong with them I haven't seen yet?

Some of them are cheaply mass produced pins that crap out after a while but the ones I have an NES with a new connector that hasn't had any problems after 5 years of use. Your mileage will vary, that's the take away lesson with anything old and retro, and everyone has their own quirks/opinions but I've personally had fewer problems with replacement connectors than I had with my original NES that was fixed with a pair of ultra-fine tweezers.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

OH MY GOD MAIL CAME! :holy:

A wild package appears! Careful now...car-

SCREW IT LET ME AT IT!

Yesssssssss!

Ended up with Knight Rider, Orb 3D, Legacy Of The Wizard, Sky Shark with manual [which made me :aaa: when I saw it] for NES, Double Dragon, Kirby's Pinball Land, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3 for GB and Mario Golf for GBC. Also scored this almost brand new zapper from a trading page on facebook! :D Thankyou giver! To my givee, expect your package to be leaving later this week and winging it's way to you. To make up for lateness, expect a special gift straight from my own heart! ;)

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

H1KE posted:

Yesssssssss!

Ended up with Knight Rider, Orb 3D, Legacy Of The Wizard, Sky Shark with manual [which made me :aaa: when I saw it] for NES, Double Dragon, Kirby's Pinball Land, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3 for GB and Mario Golf for GBC. Also scored this almost brand new zapper from a trading page on facebook! :D Thankyou giver! To my givee, expect your package to be leaving later this week and winging it's way to you. To make up for lateness, expect a special gift straight from my own heart! ;)

Nice copy of Yoshi's Island. That was one of my favorite games as a kid.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

H1KE posted:

OH MY GOD MAIL CAME! :holy:

A wild package appears! Careful now...car-

SCREW IT LET ME AT IT!

Yesssssssss!

It made it! I was kinda sweating bullets the last couple of weeks wondering if it survived the trip over the Pacific.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Just remember when you play Knight Rider that you can only use your turbo boost once per episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2LeETqAYtA&t=92s

juliuspringle fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 24, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Kthulhu5000 posted:

I know you griped about KI emulation earlier in the thread, but how does the audio poo poo out? I gave it a try on my Celeron E3200 (from 2009), and it all seemed to run normally for me - though I'm no KI enthusiast, so things could be missing or wrong that I'm not aware of. I tried it on MAMEUI64 0.148u5, if that helps.

Yeah sorry to sound like a big :baby:, I just want to play the game without the audio going nuts.

Basically whenever there's a bunch of action in the game, the sound starts crackling like mad. It happens on quite a few different computers for me. I have the same issue with UMK3, so maybe some "taxing" games simply cause audio issues? No idea. This is why I wish there was some good homebrew for the 360 and PS3 because I modded both with the idea that I'd play some KI on it some day.

WendigoJohnson posted:

Has anyone browsed K-mart lately?

It seems some at least around where I am are still stocking Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games. I was able to pick up both Zelda Oracle Games and Phantom Hourglass all for under 40 bucks. Like when I saw them I did a double take of disbelief, because it's like one of those dreams that you have where you find a magical store that's selling NES games for 5 dollars brand new.

I think this also means I have every Zelda game now in some shape or form except for Minish Cap. I'm going to have to start actually beating some of them now, I've only ever fully beaten Link to the Past, OoT, and Majora's Mask. I have a habit of getting to the last dungeon and then never finishing it.

Holy crap, how recently was this? Off to K-Mart to find some sealed games released in 2002. :stare:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

WendigoJohnson posted:

Start with Zelda 2. :devil:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think Stone Age Gamer's Email alert system may be biting them in the rear end slightly. I put in a request something like 2 months ago (around when the Famicom N8s could be pre-ordered) to be alerted when the American-style SD2SNES would be back in stock. At midnight an email arrived saying they had 7 of them to sell. I checked at 9 A.M. and they were already all gone.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I was playing Mega Man X yesterday trying to get the fireball upgrade which I did. However as per most every single Mega Man game the last level completely destroys me and I quit playing. Are any of the Mega Mans and/or Xs not super duper hard all the way through? I'd like to be able to say I've beaten one of them without cheat codes :saddowns:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

flyboi posted:

I was playing Mega Man X yesterday trying to get the fireball upgrade which I did. However as per most every single Mega Man game the last level completely destroys me and I quit playing. Are any of the Mega Mans and/or Xs not super duper hard all the way through? I'd like to be able to say I've beaten one of them without cheat codes :saddowns:

As someone who in recent months has tried to beat them I can honestly say that when it comes to NES and SNES ones there isn't any that could be even considered moderately difficult. They're all superhard if you try to play them blind with no kind of guide. They start tough and get worse when you hit the Wiley/Sigma stages.

Stick with it and block out at least six hours if you're going to try to beat one. It's possible and I've beaten Mega Man 3 and X in the past couple of months after they had taunted me for decades.

So, broader advice (with spoilers in place in case you are trying to do this as blind as possible). Mega Man 1 is the shortest but it has a real hump to get over in the Wiley Stages with Yellow Devil, infamously one of the toughest bosses in the series. 2 starts the classic formula and has an advantage for the player if they abuse the Metal Blade which is comically overpowered. 3 is often considered the toughest of the games and it is extra long with some super difficult levels. 4 introduces the ability to charge your shots which helps mitigate some of the early game difficulty with the robot masters. 5 kind of feels like a holding pattern and I've heard it described as the easiest of the early series; I can agree with that, my run only stopped when I accidentally picked "Stage Select" during the Wiley stages and lost my entire stock of E-Tanks. 6 increases the difficulty a bit again.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D

flyboi posted:

The NES megaman games are way harder than the snes X games, or at least I think so. I can't finish any of those, but i've finished X1-4.

From memory, yeah..Last level in Megaman X 1 is a bit hard. I think that's one of the hardest Sigma battles. Gonna need those tanks and hearts. It's a shame the fireball in X1 and shoryuken in X2 are semi useless by the time you get them - you don't get to use them much. :(

I think X3 is probably the easiest of the 3 snes ones. X4 spikes hugely at the end, the Sigma in that is bullshit.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

flyboi posted:

Are any of the Mega Mans and/or Xs not super duper hard all the way through? I'd like to be able to say I've beaten one of them without cheat codes :saddowns:
Mega Man 2 is the only one I've finished without cheat codes or save states, Metal Blade is so overpowered that you shouldn't have too many problems beating the game. I did stop to grind for extra lives a couple of times, but that's a legitimate game mechanic and doesn't count as cheating. :downs:

I am pretty much the worst Mega Man player.

edit: My local Gamestop got a whole bunch of used PS2 games in (a lot of them pretty good too, not too much shovelware in there) and is selling them dirt cheap. I picked up Gran Turismo 3 & 4 and Spider-Man 2 for a grand total of 4.90 euros. :iia: Thought about grabbing the GTA games as well, but decided not to buy them since I already have them on the PC (and the Stories games on PSP/Vita and PS3).

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 24, 2013

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

flyboi posted:

Other people have mentioned it, but MMX3 is really a lot easier than any of the NES MM games. My first time ever beating it was trying to learn the speedrun route for it, and I clocked in at about 1h40m. Nowhere near record time, but considering that the only other MM game I've ever beaten is MMX1, I don't feel bad about that. Bonus, it's a pretty fun game, other than the insanity of the Sigma fight.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

fatpat268 posted:

Usually Wikipedia will have the japanese title alongside the english title, so just copy and paste that into rakuten.

Thank you guys! I figured this was the case, but then I stupidly tried searching the Japanese version of the names in English characters :doh: (I guess that's Romaji? Oh god its been so long since my Japanese phase)

In other news, I've gone full on :retrogames: buying all the SNES games I wanted as a kid but never had. I've been getting by on emulators but oh man, it just doesn't feel the same. My collection is starting to look decent!

flyboi posted:

Not really. They were kinda designed to start hard and get REALLY HARD towards the end. As a kid I just never beat them, and just replayed up to Wily / Sigma over and over and over (still very fun). Just don't blame yourself if you can't beat them, its cool. They're supposed to be that way. I've only beaten a few ever.

I mean when you consider the Boss Rush is a staple of the series, its pretty clear that retarded hard difficulty at the end is something they intended.

The upside is if you ever DO beat them, you feel like a boss. Its like Dark Souls.

If you really want to beat X1, one thing to note is that you can usually farm the enemies for health pickups right before Sigma, they respawn infinitely, and you can fill up all your heart tanks to full each time you die.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 24, 2013

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

Zaphod42 posted:

In other news, I've gone full on :retrogames: buying all the SNES games I wanted as a kid but never had. I've been getting by on emulators but oh man, it just doesn't feel the same. My collection is starting to look decent!

What have you been picking up?

I've been doing the same myself and found:

Super Mario All-Stars
Super Street Fighter II
Mickey Mania
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

In the past two weeks alone. I'm mainly focusing on the multiplayer games, since i dont want to get friends to crowd around my computer.

PokeCrysis
Apr 15, 2013

flyboi posted:

I was playing Mega Man X yesterday trying to get the fireball upgrade which I did. However as per most every single Mega Man game the last level completely destroys me and I quit playing. Are any of the Mega Mans (Mega men?) and/or Xs not super duper hard all the way through? I'd like to be able to say I've beaten one of them without cheat codes.

Well... If you can't beat Mega Man X with the Hadouken fireball thing then I'm afraid that it doesn't get too much easier as far as Mega Man is concerned. Mainly because the games aren't particularly hard,they are only hard if you rush and don't pay attention to your surroundings, just play carefully and take your time and you'll be fine. (Also, it helps to look at maps of levels ect. just to know where you have to be careful)

I also have a question/request. Simply put, I have recently purchased a SNES because I never owned one as a kid. I have already decided on a few games to buy, like: The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3/6, Super Mario World/All-Stars, U.N Squadron, Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Mother 2: Earthbound. Can anybody suggest a couple more?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

WaitsUp posted:

What have you been picking up?

From SA Mart, ebay, and local game stores combined, I've picked up quite a bit lately. Donkey Kong Country 2, FF3 (had 2 but not 3, I've played it though) Super Metroid, Rock n Roll racing (always played my friend's copy, never owned it), Mega Man X2 and X3 (:retrogames: but X1 is one of my favorites of all time, decided I wanted the set bad enough), Yoshi's Safari, Final Fight, Earthworm Jim 2, Darius Twin, UN Squadron, and Killer Instinct among others.

I already had lots of classics like FF2, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Zelda, Contra 3, Mario World, Country 1 etc. so things are looking pretty excellent.

I should take a picture of my whole collection at some point. Been putting them in custom game cases so its looking slick.

I also collect DOS and early PC CDROM games, dunno if that's y'all's thing, seems to be consoles favored up in here. (and mostly obscure ones at that, hah) I've got pretty much everything Id or Blizzard has released Complete in Box.

PokeCrysis posted:

I also have a question/request. Simply put, I have recently purchased a SNES because I never owned one as a kid. I have already decided on a few games to buy, like: The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3/6, Super Mario World/All-Stars, U.N Squadron, Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Mother 2: Earthbound. Can anybody suggest a couple more?

Sheeeeeet man, I could suggest killer SNES games all day.

http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-100-SNES-Games-Page-1.html

http://www.sydlexia.com/top100snes.htm

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 24, 2013

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

PokeCrysis posted:

Well... If you can't beat Mega Man X with the Hadouken fireball thing then I'm afraid that it doesn't get too much easier as far as Mega Man is concerned. Mainly because the games aren't particularly hard,they are only hard if you rush and don't pay attention to your surroundings, just play carefully and take your time and you'll be fine. (Also, it helps to look at maps of levels ect. just to know where you have to be careful)

Well I got all the way to the room boss or whatever in the second run of Sigma where the walls close in and I got impatient with trying to fire homing missiles while scaling the wall to not fall in the spikes. I could probably do it but I was so mad with the previous level's platforming it starts out with that I rage quit.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I also collect DOS and early PC CDROM games, dunno if that's y'all's thing, seems to be consoles favored up in here. (and mostly obscure ones at that, hah) I've got pretty much everything Id or Blizzard has released Complete in Box.

Retro consoles get talked up in the thread because they're far more accessible (outside of gog.com of course). But I can talk about old computer games a lot.

In fact, I just played the Karateka remake and was severely disappointed. I kind of want to go back to the C64 version now. Or at least get the Famicom version. :v:

PokeCrysis
Apr 15, 2013

flyboi posted:

Well I got all the way to the room boss or whatever in the second run of Sigma where the walls close in and I got impatient with trying to fire homing missiles while scaling the wall to not fall in the spikes. I could probably do it but I was so mad with the previous level's platforming it starts out with that I rage quit.

Yeah, one of the things about Mega Man is that you have to be patient and try to keep a "level-head" while playing it or you will end up getting your poo poo kicked in over and over again until you don't want to play it anymore. Just keep trying at it and you will eventually get it.

Oh, and just for the record, there is still a crack on my wall from my post Mega Man rage, so don't think that you're the only one who gets frustrated by falling on spikes over and over again, you just have to keep trying until there you beat it, which you will eventually do.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PokeCrysis posted:

Yeah, one of the things about Mega Man is that you have to be patient and try to keep a "level-head" while playing it or you will end up getting your poo poo kicked in over and over again until you don't want to play it anymore. Just keep trying at it and you will eventually get it.

Oh, and just for the record, there is still a crack on my wall from my post Mega Man rage, so don't think that you're the only one who gets frustrated by falling on spikes over and over again, you just have to keep trying until there you beat it, which you will eventually do.

Once again, something Mega Man shares with Dark Souls :haw: Skill-based games are a bitch, but so satisfying.

PokeCrysis
Apr 15, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Once again, something Mega Man shares with Dark Souls. :haw: Skill-based games are a bitch, but so satisfying.

Yes, it's actually strange how 2 skill games released almost 30 years apart have in common. Both are skill games (obviously) that are heavily gameplay based, relying very little on story. Both games like to teach a player through gameplay as opposed to breaking the fourth wall character dialogue and text boxes that take ages to scroll. Incidentally both games are almost equally satisfying to complete because, as they are games that take skill you feel like you actually deserved the victory, which is great.

Zaphod42 posted:

Sheeeeeet man, I could suggest killer SNES games all day.

http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Top-...mes-Page-1.html

http://www.sydlexia.com/top100snes.htm

You indeed can, thank you for the suggestions. (Although I was already planning on picking up/have already ordered a couple of them.)

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
gently caress yeah I got my replacement SD2SNES and Everdrive-MD in the mail! Now I just need to wait for my gamebits to get back here so I can throw them in some cases.

I think these two are gonna become the donor shells. One of them was a gift from one of our very own thread posters and I can not wait to deface it for that reason!

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

PokeCrysis posted:

Well... If you can't beat Mega Man X with the Hadouken fireball thing then I'm afraid that it doesn't get too much easier as far as Mega Man is concerned.

Holy poo poo. All these years I went off this old Nintendo Power that when I read it, claimed that the way to get the fireball was to beat the game 3 times in a row, then after the fourth time it will appear. I did just that way back in the day.

Now I look it up and all you have to have done is beaten the 8 robots and then go through the one stage four times? That's way easier than how I did it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ACID POLICE posted:

gently caress yeah I got my replacement SD2SNES and Everdrive-MD in the mail! Now I just need to wait for my gamebits to get back here so I can throw them in some cases.

I think these two are gonna become the donor shells. One of them was a gift from one of our very own thread posters and I can not wait to deface it for that reason!

That SFC cart was a gift from me you SOB. How dare you sully one of the only SNES games to run at 512X448. :lol:

PokeCrysis posted:

You definitely picked out some great games, but I'd like to suggest Illusion of Gaia. It's great because it will not take you months to beat it. Plus, it's pretty cheap. It's made by Enix so the quality is top-notch. Nintendo liked the game enough to put it out in America, kind of "suggesting" it was a game made by Nintendo themselves.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Is that Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle?

I had that for the SNES back in the day. I was thrilled to learn it existed, because I was waaaay into Ranma at the time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

parasyte posted:

Holy poo poo. All these years I went off this old Nintendo Power that when I read it, claimed that the way to get the fireball was to beat the game 3 times in a row, then after the fourth time it will appear. I did just that way back in the day.

Now I look it up and all you have to have done is beaten the 8 robots and then go through the one stage four times? That's way easier than how I did it.

It's even easier than that. I got it accidentally the first time I played the game way back when it first came out (and then I couldn't beat the Sigma stages before the rental had to go back). The steps are collect the armor pieces, then fall down the hole at the end of the armadillo stage four times. I thought there was something hidden up top so I fell down the hole a lot while trying to get it and suddenly stumbled into the fireball.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Note that you have to touch the platform the Hadoken spawns on each time- the game keeps track of the number of times you've visited that platform, and if you meet all the criteria on your fourth visit it'll show up. Killing yourself in that pit repeatedly happens to be the easiest way to do that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh I made a discovery today. Instead of taking a DS case and marring it with an exacto knife to fit the Gameboy/Gameboy Color games just use a normal 3DS case instead. The 3DS cases are a bit taller and can fit the Gameboy instruction booklet in the tabs, and the Gameboy game can fit above the area where you put the 3DS card. This works for the normal Gameboy sized carts and the clear GBC style ones.

It's just that white sorta looks like rear end with the old Gameboy/Gameboy Color covers, but you can buy those black/grey/clear 3DS cases that Gamestop uses for even cheaper than the official ones from Nintendo. Or you can go into gamestop and just ask for some, they'll usually give them to you for free.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DeathBySpoon posted:

Note that you have to touch the platform the Hadoken spawns on each time- the game keeps track of the number of times you've visited that platform, and if you meet all the criteria on your fourth visit it'll show up. Killing yourself in that pit repeatedly happens to be the easiest way to do that.

This explains why it was so spotty; I used to swear that I did it right and it'd only show up half the time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I stopped at like five Kmarts on my way home from school this morning and every single one had only shovelware Wii and DS games on clearance. They had FFIII for $20(TWENTY loving DOLLARS). I no longer wonder why K-mart and Sears don't do very well.

I did find a brand new GBA game at Best Buy but the box was all but destroyed, not to mention it was one of those ported over early 2000's cell-phone games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Tusen Takk posted:

I stopped at like five Kmarts on my way home from school this morning and every single one had only shovelware Wii and DS games on clearance. They had FFIII for $20(TWENTY loving DOLLARS). I no longer wonder why K-mart and Sears don't do very well.

I did find a brand new GBA game at Best Buy but the box was all but destroyed, not to mention it was one of those ported over early 2000's cell-phone games.

Where I found them, the games were in those wire bins that were located somewhat away from the main electronics section. They're not in the glass cases. There was also a "bargain" table out near the back but I don't know if that's every location.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WendigoJohnson posted:

Where I found them, the games were in those wire bins that were located somewhat away from the main electronics section. They're not in the glass cases. There was also a "bargain" table out near the back but I don't know if that's every location.

Yeah, I looked in all the "bargain" bins, all the clearence sections, and all the wire crates. The oldest thing they had were High School Musical PS2 games :smith:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah, I looked in all the "bargain" bins, all the clearence sections, and all the wire crates. The oldest thing they had were High School Musical PS2 games :smith:

Did it have a bunch of PSP games in there too? I went to a really filthy/seedy K-Mart that was in Lodi because this one location doesn't change it's stock at all and it's like a time capsule.

The cleaner and nicer one on rt 17 isn't like that in comparison. They were like the ones you went too where they actually have newer stuff come in.

But yeah the boxes being beaten to hell/crushed isn't uncommon that's the condition mine came in.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 24, 2013

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

Rakuten day! Not pictured is Megaman 7 and Kirby Super Star. Also got an SA-Mart package in, which had Illusion of Gaia and made-in-Japan Mario RPG. Now if only my Retroduo Portable would get here...

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I went to a crummy K-Mart sometime last Fall and they had a bunch of older DS games. That was the only time I had seen Planet Puzzle League in stock like five years after release. No GBx games or anything, though I did get another copy of Guitar Hero On Tour because it rang up for a penny.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Most K-Marts in the big cities (at least here in LA) have been remodeled since the Sears merger. I hop into ones I never been to if I have time to kill, but the majority of them only have year old current-gen games on clearance. The stores that Corporate forgot about, in lands no one want to travel to or live in, must be the ones where GBC and Sega CD games are still in the wild. That just seems too bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kramdar posted:

Most K-Marts in the big cities (at least here in LA) have been remodeled since the Sears merger. I hop into ones I never been to if I have time to kill, but the majority of them only have year old current-gen games on clearance. The stores that Corporate forgot about, in lands no one want to travel to or live in, must be the ones where GBC and Sega CD games are still in the wild. That just seems too bizarre.

What's even stranger are the Liquidation outlet chains/stores. I've been to a few that not only stock old rear end games and systems but they sell bootlegs right along side them. And I'm not talking about stuff that Ashens reviews. There's a step below that a level of crap that can only exist and thrives in those stores.

Hell they still get in occasionally PC games that require you to run MS DOS and/or Windows 95. I can't remember the name of it, but it was some vampire based FPS running off the original Doom engine. They were selling it for a dollar and this was last year.

But I mostly go to those stores for ungodly cheap/bizarre knockoff Transformers, only there can you get an 18 inch tall plastic robot for 3 dollars.

• Locked thread