Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That's a lot of greebles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

That's a lot of greebles

Can you handle all the greebles?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It's like a greeble fractal :stare:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

A bit more details on the BTTF model, with minifigs:

Still not a fan of the hood, although the original wasn't that great either since it just uses a single piece there.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
They probably went with that hood design so that it would be easy to modify for the different films.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I really hope that's a bad angle, because as it sits, it doesn't really look like a DeLorean.

However, I'll have to buy it anyway just for the unique bricks and minifigs. It may not look much like a DeLorean, but you'll need those pieces for any DeLorean MOC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Fred Meyer/Kroger does Lego sales pretty often.

Neat, I'll have to keep my eyes open when I go grocery shopping.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

The rear end Stooge posted:

They probably went with that hood design so that it would be easy to modify for the different films.

It even says "Instructions give the opportunity to add details to the car to modify it into 3 different versions that represent the 3 different movies." in the image :v:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

smackfu posted:

Still not a fan of the hood, although the original wasn't that great either since it just uses a single piece there.

Ah well, worth it for the minifigures.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
This is probably the best Lego Delorean I've seen:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gonna need instructions for that pronto.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It would never happen in a million years, but yeah.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, that's pretty glorious.

9 studs just isn't enough room to create the shape, the new model seems like a good source of parts and that's about it.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

xzzy posted:

Yeah, that's pretty glorious.

9 studs just isn't enough room to create the shape, the new model seems like a good source of parts and that's about it.

Oh really?

The Ass Stooge fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 25, 2013

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I have this unofficial one from ichiban toys which uses a similar approach to the bonnet as the micro-scale Delorean above:

Edit: Their newer version looks way better.

beato fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 25, 2013

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Finally finished my Classic Space 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport. Everything is correct except the yellow bendies on the rocket and rims on the wheels. I don't know what happened to the original black rims but I had a full set of old grey ones so they went on. Maybe during my next project I'll find a store with enough black ones to replace them with.

Also managed to complete several smaller kits while making minimum order prices on Bricklink. The Grey one is 6824 Space Dart-I, the mostly white one is 6820 Starfire-1 both from Classic Space. The one in the middle is my only Futuron, 6850 Auxiliary Patroller. The standing Yellow Classic Space and the Futuron minifigures are in perfect condition with all the gold still on their chests. The others are in various degrees of decay.

I'm still working on finding parts for 6861 X-1 Patrol Craft which I think is the oldest Classic Space set I had from 1979. I'll get it completed once I find a larger project to work on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Classic space is best space. :allears:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

smackfu posted:

Ahh gotta have that panel with the dates on it! Marty looks pretty drat good, Doc not so much.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

ChesterJT posted:

Ahh gotta have that panel with the dates on it! Marty looks pretty drat good, Doc not so much.

Yeah, it kind of looks like he's wearing a powdered wig.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

ltr posted:

Finally finished my Classic Space 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport. Everything is correct except the yellow bendies on the rocket and rims on the wheels. I don't know what happened to the original black rims but I had a full set of old grey ones so they went on. Maybe during my next project I'll find a store with enough black ones to replace them with.

Also managed to complete several smaller kits while making minimum order prices on Bricklink. The Grey one is 6824 Space Dart-I, the mostly white one is 6820 Starfire-1 both from Classic Space. The one in the middle is my only Futuron, 6850 Auxiliary Patroller. The standing Yellow Classic Space and the Futuron minifigures are in perfect condition with all the gold still on their chests. The others are in various degrees of decay.

I'm still working on finding parts for 6861 X-1 Patrol Craft which I think is the oldest Classic Space set I had from 1979. I'll get it completed once I find a larger project to work on.

Awesome! That stuff is in great condition, you clearly didn't play with it right as a child.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blue River Crows - Model S4 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Oh wow, I really like the use of the crystal/ore pice on that gun, and the mug on the end of it for attaching the lightsaber hilt for what I'm assuming is a scope. And I like the usage of the hinge pieces for the 'toes' on the feet!

Though this brings up a question of mine. The mug's in a color that looks like it wasn't made in. My MOCs so far have stuck to colors that pieces have been made in, in case I ever want to build it in real life, but I was wondering what you guys' take on that was. Are you guys mostly Purists? Or do you say "Sod it, I'll use whatever colors I want, even if I can't build it with those colors"?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Rage posted:

Fred Meyer/Kroger does Lego sales pretty often.

I wish there was a Kroger near me that carried Lego year round but after Christmas, all the stores in my area had Star Wars sets for half off. It was glorious.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

ChesterJT posted:

It might be worth it for the Flux Capacitor brick in there alone (as long as it isn't a sticker...)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthraciteDragon posted:

Oh wow, I really like the use of the crystal/ore pice on that gun, and the mug on the end of it for attaching the lightsaber hilt for what I'm assuming is a scope. And I like the usage of the hinge pieces for the 'toes' on the feet!

Though this brings up a question of mine. The mug's in a color that looks like it wasn't made in. My MOCs so far have stuck to colors that pieces have been made in, in case I ever want to build it in real life, but I was wondering what you guys' take on that was. Are you guys mostly Purists? Or do you say "Sod it, I'll use whatever colors I want, even if I can't build it with those colors"?

I decide on a color scheme and build that in LDD, regardless of if it could actually be done or not. And thanks on the foot design. The basic design with the stick plate, three holders, and a bottom piece is something I picked up from the Mobile Frame Zero flickr group a while back. It's a very versatile design, probably one of the better ones I've found, with the admitted weakness of no lateral ankle movement.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Sloppy posted:

Awesome! That stuff is in great condition, you clearly didn't play with it right as a child.

I played with Legos a lot as a kid. There's about 4 different shades of grey and the same for the blues. White is the worst. They start to yellow and nearly 30 years of dirt and grime is tough to get off. But it adds character to the old sets.

The Auxiliary Patroller is in the best condition, just because It was at the end of my Legos as a youth period and I had to replace several of the white plates to complete it.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
The Auxiliary Patroller always bothered me because the cockpit wasn't fully enclosed.

Yes, I was one of those kids.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The Auxiliary Patroller always bothered me because the cockpit wasn't fully enclosed.

I had that issue, still sometimes do!

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Yeah, it's not too great. The open cockpit and the side wings are really flimsy. But it was like 50 cents in parts to complete it and helped pad out an order to make the minimum buy price.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Futuron was pretty much lego's low point for flimy sets, way too many hinges and not enough support.

Twin Winged Spoiler remains my favorite set of all time for some dumb reason though. :allears:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

anthraciteDragon posted:

I usually try to use pieces in the colours they are available in, especially if i´m desiging something that needs to be able to be built. but i also occasionally go mad with the colours and throw transparencies everywhere.

youracrybabypah
Jun 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I have come to the conclusion that out of series 10, the sky jumper and paintball man are the commons. I have FIVE loving sky jumpers and 3 paintball men, 1 indian, 2 grandpas, 1 librarian and 1 mime and biker. Thank god I got the mime.

youracrybabypah
Jun 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

smackfu posted:

This is like how all the starwars ships looked like dogshit when they first came out. just give them 15 years guys!

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

youracrybabypah posted:

I have come to the conclusion that out of series 10, the sky jumper and paintball man are the commons. I have FIVE loving sky jumpers and 3 paintball men, 1 indian, 2 grandpas, 1 librarian and 1 mime and biker. Thank god I got the mime.

I got two clowns in a set of six I picked up last weekend. I call him Crazy Joe Davola.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

youracrybabypah posted:

This is like how all the starwars ships looked like dogshit when they first came out. just give them 15 years guys!

If the first ones aren't crappy, you can't make more money selling better and better copies!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ChesterJT posted:

It only has two of the dates. :mad:

"This one tells you where you're going, this one tells you where you are, this one tells you where you were."

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

DrBouvenstein posted:

It only has two of the dates. :mad:

"This one tells you where you're going, this one tells you where you are, this one tells you where you were."

Also, 1958? When does Marty go to 1958?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Also, 1958? When does Marty go to 1958?

I think it's a play on the fact that the current brick design was patented in January of 1958, effectively the beginning of LEGO's life. Marty's parents met in 1955, effectively beginning his life.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

rickiep00h posted:

I think it's a play on the fact that the current brick design was patented in January of 1958, effectively the beginning of LEGO's life. Marty's parents met in 1955, effectively beginning his life.

OK, that's pretty cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

youracrybabypah posted:

Mime was in the first 2 packs I picked up. The Medusa is loving impossible to find. I've been to 3 Lego stores and multiple retail outlets and everyone has had all of the medusas picked out.