Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Let's remember that much like Andre, Khali has a "handler", who probably also runs his twitter.
I'll laugh if it was Runjin Singh.

"The Great Khali says your pitiful attempts at trolling do not faze him".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Let's remember that much like Andre, Khali has a "handler", who probably also runs his twitter.

I would have been amused at a Andre Twitter. Or the Million Dollar Man or Mr. Perfect...possibly KoKo B Ware's parrot.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Various guys have made throwaway references to the amount of time Khali spends on the internet, mostly because with his mobility issues he just sits around backstage and plays on his phone to not get bored.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

There is no loving way Khali can use a cell phone. Unless they make them with 19" screens.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hirams Bitch posted:

There is no loving way Khali can use a cell phone. Unless they make them with 19" screens.

Well, there's iPads.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

kidcoelacanth posted:

Well, there's iPads.

Those are just Khali-sized iphones anyway.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Is it wrong if I kinda wish for the Shield to attack Ziggler only to read AJ's reaction on twitter? It has the potential to be glorious...

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

LupusAter posted:

Is it wrong if I kinda wish for the Shield to attack Ziggler only to read AJ's reaction on twitter? It has the potential to be glorious...

Especially if she "mistakes" Rollins for Kaitlyn.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

While Raw was going on, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup

Punk is happy

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/349362251645456384

And Cena has to pay

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/349369790747521027

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Punk also tweeting about it, adding a Trading Places reference

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/349374673085165568

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Punk is happy

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/349362251645456384

And Cena has to pay

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/349369790747521027

Well how about that. I never thought I'd have rooted for Cena to beat Punk in my lifetime.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I enjoy the fact that the Hogan and Savage of my generation are bros. Good times.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Punk is happy

So that's why Punk's sporting the chops, for his buddy Toews :3:

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Is Punk really this likeable in real life or is he a colossal douche?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

As far as I can tell, he's perfectly likeable if you're polite and respectful to him and show basic manners.

Most of the folk who say he was an arsehole to them get it because they deserve it.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I keep hearing that, and I want to belive it. But I can't say I have ever heard any "I met Punk" stories where he doesn't sound like an angry introvert just wishing people would leave him the gently caress alone

Which is fine...I am an angry introvert who wishes people would just leave him the gently caress alone...
But then, I am not an instantly recognisable TV personality who's job it is to make people hate him.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
To be fair, if you're trying to approach Punk outside of an official signing or meeting spot, then he's technically under no obligation to acknowledge you.

But every wrestler has had their bad days and probably has stories about them when they weren't in the best of moods. I think when it comes to Punk, it really is a matter of respect and not automatically assuming he's ready to pay total attention to you. He's said in the past people have yanked his headphones off his ears to get his attention, and I can see why that would tick him off.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

WWEAJLee posted:

I’m really happy you all loved my Seth Rollins impression tonight. #FinallyGotInTheShieldsPants

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kaskadan posted:

I keep hearing that, and I want to belive it. But I can't say I have ever heard any "I met Punk" stories where he doesn't sound like an angry introvert just wishing people would leave him the gently caress alone

Which is fine...I am an angry introvert who wishes people would just leave him the gently caress alone...
But then, I am not an instantly recognisable TV personality who's job it is to make people hate him.

On the other hand, there's also stories out there of of him being very nice to fans, like when he and Lita stopped their Vespa on the side of a road to take a picture with a kid wearing a CM Punk T-shirt. To hear it from Punk, he's nice with fans if they're polite and don't act that they're automatically entitled to his time which is very reasonable if true IMO.

Of course, that's coming from him, and how much of it in reality is based on the fan's attitude and how much of it is based on Punk's mood on that particular day I don't know (although I'm guessing it's at least a little of both)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My understanding is that if you're not shoving cameras or pens in his face and he's not eating or peeing, he's generally not that bad. He also probably gets approached by more Eric Calcara's than people like your normal PSP poster so in context I doubt the majority of the "PUNK IS AN rear end in a top hat" stories aren't warranted.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sportsgenius86 posted:

My understanding is that if you're not shoving cameras or pens in his face and he's not eating or peeing, he's generally not that bad. He also probably gets approached by more Eric Calcara's than people like your normal PSP poster so in context I doubt the majority of the "PUNK IS AN rear end in a top hat" stories aren't warranted.

He also will be an rear end if its obvious you are just getting his autograph for the sole purpose of sticking it on ebay.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CM Punk posted:

“@darkdefender112: @CMPunk any advice for trying to get noticed by a specific diva?” 1-800-FELLA

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Punk was cool to me and my friend, but we said "excuse me" and "please" which he said astonished him. Also my friend pointed out Punk's Chris Candido tattoo which made him happy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/349719487571951616

I'd say this is a highlight of Punk's life

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Seriously loving jealous of that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I thought the rule was that you could only touch the cup if you won it?

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

bobkatt013 posted:

Punk isn't ever going to play in the NHL so he doesn't need to worry about weird hockey superstitions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

CM Punk doesn't care about the rules.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

bobkatt013 posted:

Chicago won it, baby. Chicago.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I think it used to be a thing that only players/coaching staff/management were supposed to lift the cup but no one gives a crap about that anymore.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I know some players still don't' like it if fans lift the cup. I remember when the Pens toted around to a couple local bars back in '09 that they'd allow fans to touch it but got kinda pissed if fans tried to lift it over their head as Punk did there.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Thauros posted:

I know some players still don't' like it if fans lift the cup. I remember when the Pens toted around to a couple local bars back in '09 that they'd allow fans to touch it but got kinda pissed if fans tried to lift it over their head as Punk did there.

Knowing nothing about Hockey, could part of it be that fans are drunken assholes who would probably drop it?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Sionistic posted:

Knowing nothing about Hockey, could part of it be that fans are drunken assholes who would probably drop it?

After winning the cup the players are drunken assholes who definitely drop it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

CM Punk doesn't care about the rules.

Does he say "ruck fules"?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
It's kinda a rule but not really and it all depends on the circumstances. There's two copies of the Stanley Cup that the NHL uses, as one can go out on tour while the other one is on display at the Hall of Fame or is being engraved or renovated or whatnot. If you go see the Cup on tour, you can pay money to have a picture taken with the Cup but it's a strictly hands-off affair then.

All of the players and coaches from the winning team get a day with the Cup. While someone from the NHL is responsible for bringing the Cup to and from the player, what the player wants to do with Cup on his day is entirely up to them, within reason. People have drank out of the Cup, gone fishing with the Cup, bathed their kids or pets in the Cup, you name it it's been done just about.

It is considered bad form if you work for a team in some capacity and touch/lift the Cup if your team didn't win it, but that's one of those unwritten rules. If your team does win, they'll have a day where all the employees can have their picture taken with the Cup, and an old boss of mine had a photo of him holding the Cup at waist level on his desk.

Add in the fact that Punk's a celeb and the rules are naturally different for him then they are for us, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't given a chance to hoist the Cup over his head. Could you or I do it? We'd need to be in the right place at the right time, but maybe. Punk? Just needs to be recognized.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO
Chris Jericho also got to have some alone time with the Stanley Cup. He wrote about it in his book. Sometime in the early 2000's, the Stanley Cup keeper guy recognized him and or knew that his dad played for the Rangers so he gave him something like 10 minutes alone with the cup in some backroom it was being stored in. Jericho said it was pretty amazing.

But you are all correct on the whole 'fans lifting the cup above their heads' rule. My friend went to Troy Brouwer's party when he had his day with the cup here in Vancouver in 2010 and he was able to drink out of it and touch it and be photographed with it, but not at all allowed to lift it up. I presume Punk was an exception due to him being Chicago Made and the best in the world.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

What if I lift Punk over my head while he is lifting the cup?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hirams Bitch posted:

What if I lift Punk over my head while he is lifting the cup?

I think Punk wouldn't be too happy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

VogeGandire posted:

I think Punk wouldn't be too happy.

I think like everyone else in the bar he'd at least have some respect for that level of strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm sure the Blackhawks thought it was cool as hell to let the (former) Heavyweight Champ of the world lift the cup.

If the Blues ever won the cup (haha) and I somehow had a chance to lift it without being arrested immediately you bet your sweet rear end I'd hoist it in a second. One of the coolest things about the Cup is that it seems even the most staunch anti-NHL person can't argue that it's the coolest trophy in sports (perhaps in the world) and has such an awesome mystique surrounding it. I got my picture taken with it back in '96 and it has an extraordinarily high amount of charisma for an inanimate object.