Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

"Danal!" you say, pointing to him. "Enkidel!" you say, pointing to yourself.

Danal seems to understand but he shakes his head. "Labaras! Enkidel!" he insist.

You shake your head again, then raises his hands in front of him indicating he wants to fight you over it! You raise your own hands, then grabs his spin him around you in a circle, he laughs in a high pitch and consents.

You play with Danal in the forest for perhaps two hours, running around, climbing trees, looking for ancient treasure and slaying imaginary monsters. Part way through your games he INSIST that you are now playing Labaras and Enkidu, you manage to come to a compromise, Labaras and Enkidel, he of course, picking Labaras.

You are joined during this time by some sort of small animal weighing maybe four pounds. It seemed to have noticed your play and seemed interested in the two of you. After being handed a few nuts by you, Danal's idea, it has stuck around and is currently perched on Danal's shoulder. Danal named it "Monkey", teaching you the word at the same time.

This sort of animal did not live in the forest near your village, but you have been traveling for over a week and the forest has changed.

The trees and other plantlife are dense and the chorus of insects, animals and other birds is unceasing. As you and Danal finish slaying another dread monster, you think you hear something different. You motion Danal to be still for a moment.

He goes "WRAAAAAGH!" as if he was giving the imaginary monster a final and terrible blow. Monkey beats it's chest and mimics Danal's cry as best as it can. You motion Danal to be silent again and he finally is.

You hold your breath and listen.

You hear it again.

Danal does not give any indication he has heard anything.

A sound that may be singing or beautiful music unlike any you have ever heard before. If the densely packed trees are not tricking you, the sound is coming someplace to the east, well beyond the glow of the campfire, which is now a small bright speck in the distance, close enough to keep your bearing but you hoped, far enough away so that the noise of your nightime adventure does not get you caught.

You...

OPTION A: You are HEROES! Go towards the noise with Danal! Adventure Ho!

OPTION B: Go back to camp and go to sleep, you have had enough for one night.

OPTION C: Go back to camp, admit you snuck out and tell an adult about the noise. It could be a monster!

OPTION D: Go back to camp, tell an adult about the noise and claim you just heard it. It could be a monster... but you don't want to get in trouble!

OPTION E: Something else. Fill in.

What about Monkey?

You...

OPTION F: ...let Danal keep it.

OPTION G: ...are jealous! You want a turn with Monkey, take Monkey from Danal.

OPTION H: ...are afraid you will get in trouble if you are caught with Monkey, send it off into the forest.

OPTION I: ...are afraid you will get in trouble if you are caught with Monkey, but you want to keep it, you will lie about how you found it if asked.

OPTION J: Something else. Fill in.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
C
J Pet the monkey and give it more food.

changed vote

my dad fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 28, 2013

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
D and F

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C & J Tell the truth about our "adventures", the noises we heard, and the monkey.

Let Danal keep the monkey. We are getting a badass puppy.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

With Monkey, the jig is up. The adults probably know we've been doing this too, and if they don't they'll just be impressed at our stealthy skills and our foresight to go tell them about the music.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
A and F.

I'd use the vote icons but my desktop machine threw an HDD this morning, and I don't have the ready cash to replace it v:shobon:v

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A and F Anyone can play at heroes, lets go BE heroes. Also, let him keep the monkey :3:.

And slightly metagame reasoning, this sounds like a plot hook. We can either keep on ignoring them, and keep on drudging through the forest until we get to the city, or we can follow it, and let neat things happen! They might end in us getting maimed or killed, but they'll be neat!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Jewcoon posted:

A and F Anyone can play at heroes, lets go BE heroes. Also, let him keep the monkey :3:.

Voting this. Watching that cartoon makes me want to go on an adventure!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

C+F

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A and F. TO ADVENTURE! Also we're getting a puppy, we don't need a monkey.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Jewcoon posted:

And slightly metagame reasoning, this sounds like a plot hook. We can either keep on ignoring them, and keep on drudging through the forest until we get to the city, or we can follow it, and let neat things happen! They might end in us getting maimed or killed, but they'll be neat!

A & F I have to agree with this, Adventure! Hooooo!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

This. We gotta show we are the bigger brother, but aren't a buzzkill.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
E and F

E: try to explain to Danal that we are going to investigate the sound and that he should stay back at a safe distance. If our vocabulary isn't good enough, just contrive an adventure reason. That way, if we get into trouble, Danal can get to the camp and rouse the men.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

dyzzy posted:

: try to explain to Danal that we are going to investigate the sound and that he should stay back at a safe distance. If our vocabulary isn't good enough, just contrive an adventure reason. That way, if we get into trouble, Danal can get to the camp and rouse the men.

I would worry that Danal will try to follow us anyway.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
A and F.

A because this is gonna be awesome. However, let's not be stupid; we are going to (hopefully) leave a trail so we can get back to the campfire, or falling that, climb a tree again. Then, we will cautiously and stealthily creep towards the singing. drat right it could be a monster, so we are going to investigate (it's going to be either a buxom wood nymph or Scylla).

F because monkeys are for sidekicks.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
C and F

If the king can basically read our minds, do we really think he doesn't know we are going out at night? Can't he tell if we are lying?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Tell me if this is even possible!

CUSTOM OPTION E
Start to walk back to the camp with Danal while he carries the monkey, with them in front. Sneak away from them and head back to the music alone. You are the HERO! This way, if you scream for help, you know Danal will hear it and get the adults faster.

F. If we're the cultured savage or beast-boy into civilized world, let the king's son play with animals.

Edit: New Vote Posted

OhYo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 28, 2013

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
D and F

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
B and F

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
and , and in case of a mini-vote on who to tell, tell Tudiya.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
What do you suppose it means that we can hear the voice, but Danal can't seem to? Anything?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C&F

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C&F
I doubt we're clever enough to pull off a lie. Maybe a little white lie, but truthfully, I expect that the grownups can see through our deceptive ruse.

And let Danal keep Monkey. We're getting a dog once we get to our new home, they can be best friends, like we are with Danal. :)

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

A&F

Fun and adventure await! This can't possibly go wrong!

This is not an endorsement for the clothing line, whatsoever. THEIR STORES PUMP THE AIR FULL OF NOXIOUS COLOGNE IT IS THE WORST.

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
Has Jalitha told us of any stories involving strange forest creatures?

michael knight
Oct 16, 2003

I love pubbies!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
A - We heard beautiful music, sounds like a safe adventure to me!
J - We want to share the monkey with Danal, it can be friends with both of us. We can just say we found it on the outskirts of the camp, which is the truth.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Isizzlehorn posted:

This is not an endorsement for the clothing line, whatsoever. THEIR STORES PUMP THE AIR FULL OF NOXIOUS COLOGNE IT IS THE WORST.

Their CEO also doesn't want ugly people wearing their clothing, while looking like this:

Diog, if we see this thing, I vote we run away.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Pththya-lyi posted:

Their CEO also doesn't want ugly people wearing their clothing, while looking like this:

Diog, if we see this thing, I vote we run away.

Abercrombie & Fitch Gets a Brand Readjustment #FitchTheHomeless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O95DBxnXiSo

And I suggest that we always talk to the monkey and treat it as completely intelligent. At least we seem to have a choice about going and hearing the voices only we can hear in the forest.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting C and F.

Seems like a boring vote, but beautiful music leading us deeper into the forest and away from the camp sounds like a trap. Siren song, anyone? Then again, it could easily be heavenly creatures cavorting in the moonlight and drawing us toward enlightenment and our True Purpose, but... doubtful.

Monkey should be Danal's until she decides to hang out with us, and Danal can explain how she befriended him in his own way if he wants. All creatures deserve freedom of choice, right?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
A and F

If Danal can't seem to hear it, probably a good chance the adults won't either - heading back to camp isn't going to accomplish jack. Screw turning ourselves in when it comes to our nighttime adventures because we heard a pretty song.

Also, let's not turn into a jungle boy stereotype with our loincloth and pet monkey. Danal can have him.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 27, 2013

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
A and F

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Adventure and Friends!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jewcoon posted:

This

Lets go get seduced by forest nymphs or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
F