Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

A and F

Anyone that sings beautifully can't be bad, right? Mum sings like that after all! Also adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009
C and F because I spent too long teaching. Always tell an adult, kids!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
C and F is the sensible option: we could go D instead of C, but we're not going to get in too much trouble for heading out to play just this once (no need to let on about all the other times), and giving them full disclosure could help them recognize something they might otherwise not. It also keeps us from running off and getting into even more trouble which, after our previous shenanigans, would at the very least start giving Tudiya and Co. the idea that we're completely irresponsible, probably insane and hopeless, and should probably be stuck in a corner somewhere and forgotten about.

All that being said, just this once, I'm not going with what's sensible for the character, because I want to see what the noise is.

A and F.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
C and F

While I'm tempted to see what's making that music; I got a bad feeling about it.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

A + F

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

We don't have fish lasers, so let's stay close to the lie detecting guy who can rip monsters apart.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
A and J

Lets go on an adventure! Give the monkey a stick (sword) so it can be a hero too!

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 27, 2013

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
A snd F

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Outrail posted:

Lets go get seduced by forest nymphs or whatever.

Everyone is assuming we are going to find some sexy nymphs or sirens.

It could be an ugly troll woman trying to express her inner beauty through music.

Uberwill
May 1, 2007

我的中文不是很好
A question: how are we familiar with singing from the culture of our village, and what have we heard about singing from the myths our mother told us?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

California Expat posted:

Has Jalitha told us of any stories involving strange forest creatures?
Yes. Some of the stories she told you were in forests, but also in many other places. According to here there are literally heroes and monsters fighting each as well as strange and fantastical things pretty much every quarter mile. Perhaps they were only stories to entertain a child?

Uberwill posted:

A question: how are we familiar with singing from the culture of our village, and what have we heard about singing from the myths our mother told us?
Singing was a common activity in your village and was both ritualistic and part of everyday life as songs were sung related to daily labor.
In the stories your mother has told you maidens are known to sing beautifully, Sky Giants can, heroes can, as well as some monsters which seduce and enslave or eat people, some monstrously ugly, some with disguises.

You have never heard songs or music even remotely as beautiful as the distant sound you hear now.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010

wibblewobble posted:

A and J

Lets go on an adventure! Give the monkey a stick (sword) so it can be a hero too!

This A and J Lets make this dynamic duo a trio.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
A and G.
a monkey sidekick would be awesome. Also a prince shouldn't play with monkeys.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
A + F

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Update goes up tomorrow.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

New Vote:

A. Heroes, now and forever.

F. If we're the cultured savage or beast-boy into civilized world, let the king's son play with animals.[/s]

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

OhYo posted:

New Vote:

A. Heroes, now and forever.

F. If we're the cultured savage or beast-boy into civilized world, let the king's son play with animals.[/s]

Voting this.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Diogines posted:

You have never heard songs or music even remotely as beautiful as the distant sound you hear now.

Oh...oh...

Changing my C to an A then.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

No complicated reasoning here, but I would like to mark the way somehow. A little rock pile might be a good idea, to mark the way back to camp.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

John_A_Tallon posted:

No complicated reasoning here, but I would like to mark the way somehow. A little rock pile might be a good idea, to mark the way back to camp.

Yeah I'm changing my vote to this. Seems like we may end up seeing an angel, or perhaps a monster. Should be interesting, I just want us to be smart about making a trail to follow so if we find nothing, we aren't lost.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

John_A_Tallon posted:

Good ideas.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Man, you just know we're going to go up and see a beautiful angel with a golden harp and she'll offer us a magic club and as soon as we get close she'll open up her jaws and swallow us whole.

Here lies Enkidel: To be fair, it was a pretty sweet club

Raserys fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 28, 2013

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009

Seems harmless to just investigate a little bit...

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012

Skanky Burns posted:

Seems harmless to just investigate a little bit...

1) Somehow, I think that's right up there with "They'll love the Edsel!" for edible words.

2) DUDE! Don't you ever watch horror flicks?! Now we're Drew Barrymore in SCREAM!

That said... :bandwagon:

with SerSpook's addendum of leaving a trail back to here like the smart wildboy we are!

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Tremynci posted:

That said... :bandwagon:

with SerSpook's addendum of leaving a trail back to here like the smart wildboy we are!

I'm down for this idea

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

John_A_Tallon posted:

Changing my vote to THIS.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

A F

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
D and F, please!

We should let everyone know what we've heard, and if my personal suspicions are correct the heores are already aware that we're sneaking off so we might as well play along with the facade.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

Trundel posted:

We should let everyone know what we've heard, and if my personal suspicions are correct the heores are already aware that we're sneaking off so we might as well play along with the facade.
You've swayed my vote, just not in the way you hoped!
If you're so sure they're already watching us then we have nothing to fear!

A & F, onward to adventure, but ya know knick some trees, drag the shaft of our spear in the dirt, leave a trail as per Ser Spook's plan.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Diogines posted:

Update goes up tomorrow.

Lies. How else am I to keep entertained in the middle of the ocean if I can't read your well written updates?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Hobolicious posted:

Lies. How else am I to keep entertained in the middle of the ocean if I can't read your well written updates?

You motion to Danal that you hear something, and begin walking towards the sound of the music. As you journey, you recall everything you had been told about the sky giants and monsters, and what tended to sing. Sometimes the Sky Giants would sing with a great beauty, almost like what you heard now. At others, the music would be a monster that ate those too curious for there own good.

Feeling the fear grow within you, warring with the wonder, you continue onward. Eventually the light from the campfire fades out. Danal, in the moonlight, looks visibly distressed but Monkey is keeping him happy. He'll be fine, for now. You take a short break to climb a tree and can just make out the campfire from the tree. Looking towards the music, you see an eerie light. However, now the music is too loud and you feel no choice but to continue onwards.

You leave the tree and say "Fire. See. No lost" to Danal, while motioning that everything is alright. This, combined with Monkey, calms him considerably.

You eventually break into a clearing. People are dancing, others are coupling, and a tortoise the size of one of your huts is singing. Astride the tortoise is a man larger than any you have seen before, even Tudiyah is small compared to him. He is dressed in clothing of many colors and wears a full face of makeup. In his hand is a rod of bone topped with a skull.

Trying not to be noticed, you begin to slip away. But it is too late, the big man has seen you. Would you like to hear a joke? the man asks. Like Tudiyah's words, these seem to hang in the air. Only this is greater. On some level you in fact see the words leave the man's mouth, and take form, only to be blown away on the wind.

The tortoise continues to sing.

Do you:

A: Piss yourself.
B: poo poo yourself
C: Both piss and poo poo yourself.
D: Do C, but run.
E: Agree to hear the joke.

In addition, do you:
F: Pray to El.
G: Pray to Asherah.
H: Pray to one of the sky giants, or one of Asherah's children? Specify which.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 30, 2013

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I: Rock out.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

I: Rock out.

You don't respond to the giant and, instead, join the tortoise in singing. The giant reacts surprised at this, for perhaps an instant, before quickly clapping his hands. The voice of the tortoise changes, as does the music. Several instruments appear and people begin playing them. You find yourself singing along with the music; even Danal and Monkey seem to have joined in!

This is what you are singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtV_nQKhkdY

What do you want to do while this goes on?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Sacrifice yourself to Horus

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hold Gates and Eat God Babies.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Ride the tortoise

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009
Hold the baby and eat the gate!

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Tudhalias posted:

A sound plan! Voting this, as it will surely amuse the tortoise rider, giving us the perfect chance to escape! Throw that drat monkey as a distraction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

SerSpook posted:

An excellent diversion.

I'm also voting for this:

Tudhalias posted: