Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The first thing my eyes focused on was "take off your blouse", so well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Stupid train WiFi.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What, you noticed something about shirts before you noticed something about sharts? Shame on you, you are no GRRM fan.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I, too, once knew a man with terrible flatulence.

Also someone just sent me this. It's EW, so I didn't really read any of it, but it's a new casting for Oberyn. Pedro Pascal will play the role.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/28/thrones-red-viper-oberyn/

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Dead Man Posting posted:

I, too, once knew a man with terrible flatulence.

Also someone just sent me this. It's EW, so I didn't really read any of it, but it's a new casting for Oberyn. Pedro Pascal will play the role.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/28/thrones-red-viper-oberyn/

Dornishmen, the mexicans chileans of Westeros.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What, you noticed something about shirts before you noticed something about sharts? Shame on you, you are no GRRM fan.

Titz before shitz

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That dude is not like I envisioned Oberyn to be like, but he might nail the actual acting part of the show and I've heard rumours that might be a large part of it.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Oh god, I've had these sitting here for about two years:

Thrift stores, ehhh.

Cool, cool, but can you try to get some sympathy with that?

Writing is much like rape, you see, because

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Oh poo poo just noticed that stealth spoiler, though I suppose it's vague enough.
(bonus trivia: the author's name is Fish, for real)

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Writer posted:

Having overcome the writerly challenges of a series grown longer than expected...

nope.jpg

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SaviourX posted:

Writing is much like rape, you see, because

"The first three books were sequential, each covering a year"

Um, almost certainly less than that. Gilly's pregnancy makes it pretty obvious the second and third book, at the very least, are within months of one another. I would be surprised if the entire series so far spans more than three or four years.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
George R R martin, not good with numbers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"The first three books were sequential, each covering a year"

Um, almost certainly less than that. Gilly's pregnancy makes it pretty obvious the second and third book, at the very least, are within months of one another. I would be surprised if the entire series so far spans more than three or four years.

A Game of Thrones is 298AL.
A Dance With Dragons is 300AL, with Joffrey's wedding in Storm being new years day in 300AL. There's a maximum of two years in the time line, and depending on when in 298AL poo poo hit the fan, it could be closer to a year or it could be close to three depending when ADWD ends.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah but Westeros has summers that last 10+ years, it's possible they've got long years or something.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah but Westeros has summers that last 10+ years, it's possible they've got long years or something.

No the years are pretty much the same as our years, there's a spergy GRRM blog on the subject.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Isn't it literally only the continent of Westeros that this bullshit with the seasons occurs on? No one ever seems all that concerned with impending winter on Essos.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Nothing happens in Essos.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Does Sothyoryos and rear end'hai even exist?

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Nothing happens in Essos.

Lots of poo poo happens in Essos! :shrek:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Aurain posted:

There's a maximum of two years in the time line, and depending on when in 298AL poo poo hit the fan, it could be closer to a year or it could be close to three depending when ADWD ends.

This is why the show is hilarious. The books take up around 18 months of time, give or take up to six months in either direction, and yet the actors are all aging rapidly. By the time this show is done, Bran will be a 12-year-old boy being played by a 20-year-old Isaac Hempstead-Wright.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
:10bux: says if we ever see rear end'hai it'll be as vague as ROTK with some "people in the east are weird and ride elephants or whatever" bullshit then nothing will happen because GRRM.

Rannos22 posted:

The best post.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Isn't it literally only the continent of Westeros that this bullshit with the seasons occurs on? No one ever seems all that concerned with impending winter on Essos.

We covered this a few hundred pages ago, I think? The basic gist of it is the 'free cities' and everything are south of King's Landing and only the northern tips / that ice island with whale hunters is affected.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Re-re-read bookchat:

What is Littlefinger's motivation to pin the attempted Bran stabby stabby on Tyrion? I never did understand this, seeing as it was Joffry's idiocy. That and 'finger would have known nothing about the attempted stabby stabby until Cat is already on-site with the dagger.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 29, 2013

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Fog Tripper posted:

Re-re-read bookchat:

What is Littlefinger's motivation to pin the attempted Bran stabby stabby on Tyrion? I never did understand this, seeing as it was Joffry's idiocy. That and 'finger would have known nothing about the attempted stabby stabby until Cat is already on-site with the dagger.

Stir up poo poo between Stark and Lannister. Problem is that it's a huge gamble since basically anybody could refute his tale about Tyrion betting against Jaime, and Varys is right there listening.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Fog Tripper posted:

Re-re-read bookchat:

whowhatwhere posted:

Stir up poo poo between Stark and Lannister. Problem is that it's a huge gamble since basically anybody could refute his tale about Tyrion betting against Jaime, and Varys is right there listening.

Why not blame Joff then? He technically is a Lannister. Unless Petyr was oblivious and just being kind enough to point out the dagger was not his and Tyrion might know?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

What is Littlefinger's motivation to pin the attempted Bran stabby stabby on Tyrion?

He asked too many questions!

Where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go
where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go...

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Hunky Joe posted:

Why not blame Joff then? He technically is a Lannister. Unless Petyr was oblivious and just being kind enough to point out the dagger was not his and Tyrion might know?

Because implying the heir to the throne did something is far more dangerous, and sounds crazy. An ugly dwarf with a vile reputation? Much more believable

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9102336/the-return-hbo-game-thrones

quote:

The story lines move forward and dig deeper as the episodes progress but rarely circle back and almost never pause for reflection. When I asked Benioff and Weiss if it was possible to infer any overall intentionality to the upcoming 10 episodes, they sneered. "Themes are for eighth-grade book reports," Benioff told me.

So that's how we got Game of True Blood.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rannos22 posted:

SPOILERS!!!

/SPOILERS

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

AtAt-de-fay posted:

He asked too many questions!

Where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go
where do whores go where do whores go where do whores go where so whores go...

To the clinic at some point or another.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

quote:

they sneered. "Themes are for eighth-grade book reports," Benioff told me.

This just in, everything else on HBO is for chumps. Deadwood? Junk. Oz? Trash. Don't talk to me about things like 'narrative devices', we've got tits to film!

http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/game-of-thrones-skit-on-saturday-night-live/

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

SPOILERS!!!

/SPOILERS

Goddamn that is a terrible portrait.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

Goddamn that is a terrible portrait.

I thought it was Eminem's tattoo of his kid.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

syscall girl posted:

I thought it was Eminem's tattoo of his kid.

It looks like Rob Liefeld started to draw Emma Watson and ended up trying to do Daenerys by way of Captain America insanity.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I like how her lips aren't on the same plane as the rest of her face and her nose doesn't appear to be centered. The more I look at it, the more I discover.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Chinston Wurchill posted:

SPOILERS!!!

/SPOILERS

This is the exact face I make when I drop a Dany.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLMydhMqWDQ

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Guy didn't even mention "trenchers"!!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Everyone forgets Sothoros. Soon a dark army of half ape half men will pour forth and lay West to Essos as the Free cities flee to Westros, the last bastion of freedom and hope.

I should post that as speculation in TVIV and see how many people start seriously discussing Sothoros as a potential plot device. Or freak out because I spoiled the name of another continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

Everyone forgets Sothoros. Soon a dark army of half ape half men will pour forth and lay West to Essos as the Free cities flee to Westros, the last bastion of freedom and hope.

I should post that as speculation in TVIV and see how many people start seriously discussing Sothoros as a potential plot device. Or freak out because I spoiled the name of another continent.

It took seeing all of the continental names in one place, but I just realized that Westeros is the "western" continent, Essos is the "eastern" continent and Sothoros is the "southern" continent. I bet there is a Nothros out there somewhere!