Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

njsykora posted:

I think like everyone else in the bar he'd at least have some respect for that level of strength.

"THE AA! THE AA! MY GOD LOOK AT CENA'S STRENGTH!"

I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'm sure the Blackhawks thought it was cool as hell to let the (former) Heavyweight Champ of the world lift the cup.

If the Blues ever won the cup (haha) and I somehow had a chance to lift it without being arrested immediately you bet your sweet rear end I'd hoist it in a second. One of the coolest things about the Cup is that it seems even the most staunch anti-NHL person can't argue that it's the coolest trophy in sports (perhaps in the world) and has such an awesome mystique surrounding it. I got my picture taken with it back in '96 and it has an extraordinarily high amount of charisma for an inanimate object.

God, yes. The Stanley Cup is, for my money, the greatest trophy in sports. I mean, even as someone who has no interest in hockey, that is a loving trophy. Plus, I can only imagine when you win it, it feels like an achievement when it's a thing the size of a oil drum and takes two hands to lift it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VogeGandire posted:

God, yes. The Stanley Cup is, for my money, the greatest trophy in sports. I mean, even as someone who has no interest in hockey, that is a loving trophy. Plus, I can only imagine when you win it, it feels like an achievement when it's a thing the size of a oil drum and takes two hands to lift it.

its be cooler if it had spinners and LED lights.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VogeGandire posted:

The best thing is there are stories of it being used in kids baptisms and other things.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I used to have a book of cool/funny hockey stories and many of them involved the Cup. I'm hazy on a few of these but I believe it's been thrown into a lake and had to be retrieved from the bottom, it's been stolen multiple times, babies have been baptized in it, it's been used as a water bowl by a 3 legged cancer survivor dog , it's gone water skiing, been an ice cream sunday bowl, been on stage at rock concerts, used as a stripper pole, been a golf ball marker, left on the side of the road, been around the world, stood solemnly at the 9/11 memorial last year in honor of the Kings scouts that died in the attack....you name it and the Cup (and it's caretaker for the day) have probably done it at one point.

My favorite story is from the early 1900's where Montreal won it and used it in a team picture (it was much smaller back then, literally just the cup) and forgot it at the studio. The lady shooting the team didn't know what it was and just used it as a flower pot for a few days until someone on the team came back for it.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

I' a big fan of not drinking out of things that have had poop in them so I do my best to not win the Stanley Cup.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Hirams Bitch posted:

I' a big fan of not drinking out of things that have had poop in them so I do my best to not win the Stanley Cup.

You should play on the Leafs then

:smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
did i accidentally click on a hockey thread in SAS?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Hockey was in PSP once, and it was grand.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Matt Cooke's Punchsport Pagoda live on in our hearts and our twitter threads

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

The Goon, that was some character wasn't he

Sorry for starting the derail :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One of the greatest reveals from Jericho's first book is that he was contacted to do a gimmick at the same time as Bill Irwin was....Jericho could have been the Goon, especially if Vince found about Jericho's dad being a tough guy in hockey.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hirams Bitch posted:

You must not drink from your posts then!

Jericho has already been Doink, I could see him being The Goon. I could also see Lance Storm as IRS.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

A Fan posted:

Big O is gonna be on TNA today woah!

Scott Stanford posted:

Is that like CSI or SVU? Does he play a cop or criminal?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Steen keeps on being amazing

"Kevin Steen posted:

“@MattJackson13: @FightSteenFight @ColtCabana https://pic.twitter.com/PPvn2i6FQ9" At least there, poo poo's going in his mouth instead of coming out of it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Canadian Mutant Punk seems to be enjoying Wizard World Chicago:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

404GoonNotFound posted:

It's actually Wizard World New York (Chicago's is in August,) but yeah he certainly does.

Kaitlyn @KaitlynWWE posted:

I look craaazy good... #SMACKDOWN http://via.me/-cywynpe

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

OK now I know why that photo was bugging me last night.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

404GoonNotFound posted:

I would watch Punk in a Ghostbusters movie. Or any movie, actually.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've thought for a while now he'd be a great Jack Burton in a Big Trouble in Little China remake. And he loves the original, too.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
An actual compelling women's feud :monocle:

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Petey Williams is pretty funny on vine. https://vine.co/v/b0vHFaEKvap

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee 17h posted:

“@WWEUniverse: There is something different about @WWEAJLee on #Smackdown tonight...#WWE http://instagram.com/p/bH4ljGAFNv/ ” Boobs?
AJ is pretty good at Twitter.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Guys.

Guys.

Drunk Big E.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Oh, Joseph.

Joseph Park ‏@JOSEPHPARK_esq posted:

Staying in Vegas after Impact. Looking at all the shows. Was a big fan of this disney cartoon...

Joe Park is going to Chip N Dale.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sunsweet posted:

Oh, Joseph.

Hope he doesn't interrupt Kenny's set.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I still want a reason for Joe Park being even dumber than Eugene.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

MassRafTer posted:

Lawyers are pretty dumb people I guess.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

He's Abyss.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Guys.

Guys.

Drunk Big E.

Second from the left, how could she possibly think that tattoo was a good idea?

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Faxman posted:

Second from the left, how could she possibly think that tattoo was a good idea?

Doesn't one of the Bellas have a similar tattoo?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're thinking of his brother, Chris Park. Joe is a very intelligent, if naive, lawyer. A partner at his firm, even!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Doesn't one of the Bellas have a similar tattoo?

No theirs is like two separate birds on each side.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe he's a naive comedy character on a wrestling program.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

Maybe he's a naive comedy character on a wrestling program.

Oh so he's Eugene with a twitter. Cool.

I honestly forgot that Abyss was at one time booked to have an IQ lower than Eugene so this is actually perfectly consistent. He's even talking about cartoons again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ziggler is amazing.

Dolph Ziggler posted:

weirdest thing about the guy asking for my autograph while I was naked in gym locker room, was he didnt know me from @WWE

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Oh so he's Eugene with a twitter. Cool.
No. Naive and disabled aren't the same thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

No. Naive and disabled aren't the same thing.

Guess what, naive people can spell and know the difference between a Disney Cartoon and a club. If you like to laugh at that level of humor, great. But it's Eugene on twitter.

Edit: It was cute when he just did it with wrestling terminology. Then he started doing it with any sort of terminology. Now it's Eugene, or getting close to worse than Eugene, 2008 Abyss.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 30, 2013

Pakelika
May 13, 2005

Work It! Thats Right! Awwww Yeah!
So August going to be a rather busy (relatively for PWG) month of wrestling in Reseda.

quote:

@OfficialPWG
TEN takes place on August 9th! The 2013 Battle of Los Angeles takes place on August 30th and 31st! More details coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big E time

Big E Langston posted:

Great Iowa reception despite my marginal playing career. Less than marginal. If it was a spread, it'd be I Can't Believe It's Not Marginal!