Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Ciaphas posted:

I'm working on trying to get my GCCX videos laid out in a format that the Plex media server likes. God help me.

Is the episode listing at TheTVDB accurate enough as far as anyone can tell?

Everything but the "Specials" season should be spot on.

Someone with the username of "duiz" has been doing great things, like uploading episode thumbnails and stuff, but he also totally obliterated the ordering of the episodes in the Specials season. I tried to get some attention from the admins to get the changes rolled back, but my post about it on their forums was a month ago, so I don't think it's going to happen.

He also changed all episode titles to "Japanese Game Name (English Version Name)" but I guess that's just a preference thing. I don't care for it, but I can't really find an objective reason to argue why it shouldn't be that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetrout
May 10, 2013
I've been using The TVDB to scrape my collection in XBMC and seems to be working just fine. I can't attest to the accuracy of the specials, though.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I'm working on trying to get my GCCX videos laid out in a format that the Plex media server likes. God help me.

Is the episode listing at TheTVDB accurate enough as far as anyone can tell?

Yes, and use filebot.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Son Ryo posted:

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to download this from? As far as I tell the only thing you can do in this link is watch the video on the page.

Here's a link: https://mega.co.nz/#!XEFTRIwR!VpLB7Ujk2eHMoOY2Ow-M5zvWC3BpIM5XjQ75NFOxuhA

This is the updated version - they changed a few things in the translation.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I've got bad news and good news. Bad news: for the next couple months, I'll still be too busy to devote a whole lot of time to translating. I have several jobs going on at once right now which, as a freelance artist, is a blessing but my hobbies have to be put on hold.

Good news: one of those jobs is more official Game Center CX work! So at least I'll be working on something GCCX related :j:. I won't reveal anything until I'm allowed to but just to get it out of the way, it has nothing to do with a new English DVD release. ETA: or an English game release.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 2, 2013

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

GCCX Artbook confirmed.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gari is the new AD, Arino deliberately screws up all the time to make her illustrate solutions on the whiteboard.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Just take it easy, zari-gani. I feel like we got a little spoiled earlier this spring when there was a week or so when we got a new GCCX release almost every day! But there's so much episodes translated now I can always watch something older to satisfy my Arino fix - and I've also begun watching the RAWs of the new episodes just to see what's coming up.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
I can be patient, and its not like there isn't random releases to look forward to from you guys, as well as other fan translators. Good to hear about having more official GCCX work too!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

birdlaw posted:

zari-gari is the new AD, Arino deliberately screws up all the time to make her illustrate solutions on the whiteboard.

Fixed that for you.

Also, zari-gani being an AD would be pretty cool! Though I have to admit, it'd be a little odd to see her for the first time and be all 'oh right, she isn't the host of Game Center SEX'. (The hazards of avatar association.)

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I feel like it maybe an english release of the GCCX music CD

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
It's obviously an English release of Game Center SEX.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
New GCCX comic By ZG? Artwork for Budokai? Assistant for Paris trip? Artwork for the new game?

Anyways, as long as the break doesn't take the same time as it took for TV-N, I'm fine with that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

DarkHamsterlord posted:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I think it's safe to at least say it has nothing to do with an English release of anything! I was all :stare: when Kan contacted me though; arguably my biggest GCCX thing yet.

makere posted:

Anyways, as long as the break doesn't take the same time as it took for TV-N, I'm fine with that.

At most I'll be swamped til the end of August (unless more work comes in). I'm also close to finishing another episode so I'll keep working on it bit by bit, during breaks or something. There's also still a few episodes in the release queue.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Might it have something to do with a recently-concluded Kickstarter project?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I hope it's this.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

zari-gani has been hired as Arino's handler for the second GCCX in America trip.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Zari-gani is set to star in the Canadian version of Game Center CX where she will exclusively play games produced by Ubisoft's Canadian studios.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

zari-gani has been hired as Arino's handler for the second GCCX in America trip.
"And over here, you can see the Starbucks headqu--

Arino?"
"Look at me! I look like an idiot!"
"Arino give that hipster back his glasses"

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DarkHamsterlord posted:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wait wait wait, someone actually subtitled Game Center SEX? They took a look at the backlog of unsubbed Game Center non-SEX episodes and decided "this is the episode most worthy of my translation time"?

VV Apparently Game Center SEX took priority. :shrug:

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 3, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Is the RGC2 translation still going?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

univbee posted:

Wait wait wait, someone actually subtitled Game Center SEX? They took a look at the backlog of unsubbed Game Center non-SEX episodes and decided "this is the episode most worthy of my translation time"?

I am horribly and morbidly curious about this.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

univbee posted:

They were screencaps Nipponophile made for April Fools last year.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

BiggerJ posted:

Is the RGC2 translation still going?

The only group I know having a crack at the game hasn't updated their website since January.

I'm not holding out much hope, unless there's some second group that I don't know about. Shame too, it's a vast improvement over the first game in many ways but these games have tons of little secret thingies and clever writing that I know I'm missing out on due to language barrier: :smith:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

The only group I know having a crack at the game hasn't updated their website since January.

I'm not holding out much hope, unless there's some second group that I don't know about. Shame too, it's a vast improvement over the first game in many ways but these games have tons of little secret thingies and clever writing that I know I'm missing out on due to language barrier: :smith:

Zari-gani's on the team, so I thought she might know.

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I think they went about a year without updating before that last update, so I wouldn't assume that means much.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh no, Kacho. :gonk: Not the ketchup! Not in France!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

zari-gani posted:

I think it's safe to at least say it has nothing to do with an English release of anything! I was all :stare: when Kan contacted me though; arguably my biggest GCCX thing yet.

If it has nothing to do with an English release of anything, my bet is on promotional artwork or cover art for the anniversary CD. :3:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Guys, it's obviously an Japanese release of Game Center CX in the US. They figure by this point we've must have learned enough Japanese to watch the show without subtitles, and Zari-Gari is doing the artwork.

I'm sure she fought hard for English subtitles, but you know how it is. As the Japanese would say, "c'est la vie," except in, like you know, Japanese.

That, or it's a Swahili release of Game Center CX. One or the other. That's what I'm putting my money on.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
Two pics just tweetet from Arino

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
The event in Paris just ended. Unfortunately I'm on my way to the airport now so I'm missing the meet and greet at 3 but I managed to film the first 10 minutes or so of the event.

It was pretty short:
- Video in French explaining the show
- "Je t'aime"
- "C'est un gateaux"
- Special challenge: Super Mario Kart with audience participation

PkerUNO fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 6, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How many people were in attendance?

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
It was at the smaller videogame stage and although not everyone in the crowd knew the show, those who did were very vocal! I'd estimate about 200ish people actively watching the GCCX event.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

PkerUNO posted:

- Special challenge: Super Mario Kart with audience participation

The most important question, did he CLEAR it?

I so wanted to go, but Paris flight ticket prices were just too ridiculous (and I couldn't think of anything else to do in Paris).

makere fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 7, 2013

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
The video I took is now up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abLwmiJVtgY

Stuff that happened after the video cuts off:

- Tried another time with Yoshi, with much the same results.
- They then asked the audience for anyone wishing to challenge Arino head-to-head.
- Arino picked: a man wearing a GCCX shirt who beat him, a woman who'd never heard of the show before and lost, and a shy Japanese kid who also beat him.

After the show Arino took off and Abe got mobbed by fans. I managed to get a selfie with him but with the stage lighting it's loving awful. I actually saw Abe in the entrance queue getting footage, no idea why I didn't take a picture then. Oh well!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Can't wait for the obligatory travel episode, if only to behold the ridiculousness of Inoko MAX's kimono/beret combo in HD.

Who's that person holding Kan's "subtitles"? Another AD?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

PkerUNO posted:

Arino took off and Abe got mobbed by fans.

Pretty much how it goes these days, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

For those of you who are playing the latest Animal Crossing, two GCCX designs:

Regular:

Pro: