Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Battleship was also great, if only for how loving invested they got in that burrito heist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Catching up on some WHM the last couple days. I was actually in tears during the Houseguest episode when they were going on about Sinbad letting loose a hamster to cause some people to freak out. Something about how one of the dudes says "That thing is in loving pieces at the end of the scene!" and then another one says something like "And 4 days later you're getting pissed off because you're still scraping bits of it off the bottom of your shoes!" was just incredible.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Duke posted:

was just incredible.

Yeah, WHM seems to be getting more energetic each week while most of these other guys seem to be just going through the motions.

Just wait until you get to Maniac cop murdering the ninja turtles and then going back to Dimension X in the technodrome.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The last couple WHM have been so good. Still haven't had a chance to listen to the Godzilla one but after the savaging they gave Matthew Broderick on the Addicted to Love episode I can't wait.

I've also started listening to The Flop House a bit recently and I love it, even though they really only spend like 20 minutes talking about the movie and the rest of the episode is usually filled with semi to flat out hilarious riffs. I don't really get why everyone seems to hate Elliot, he has a nerdy voice but he's pretty drat funny and seems quite knowledgeable.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
re: the godzilla episode

Boy, are my clams steamed. Sssssssssss

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I've seen Jaws 3-D twice and had no idea that Dennis Quaid was playing one of the Brodies.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Duke posted:

The last couple WHM have been so good. Still haven't had a chance to listen to the Godzilla one but after the savaging they gave Matthew Broderick on the Addicted to Love episode I can't wait.

I've also started listening to The Flop House a bit recently and I love it, even though they really only spend like 20 minutes talking about the movie and the rest of the episode is usually filled with semi to flat out hilarious riffs. I don't really get why everyone seems to hate Elliot, he has a nerdy voice but he's pretty drat funny and seems quite knowledgeable.

I figured he was the most popular of all the original peaches.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Same here. The man is like an riffing hurricane, it's the best.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Yeah the podcast wouldn't be nearly as interesting without him. He is a one-man Rifftrax, insanely knowledgeable about almost everything and I love his mailbag songs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DrVenkman posted:

I've seen Jaws 3-D twice and had no idea that Dennis Quaid was playing one of the Brodies.

Is it weird that I remember Dennis Quaid being a Brody but thought the whole thing took place at a Sea World knockoff instead of an actual Sea World?

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Dan = Leonardo
Elliot = Donatello
Stuart = Michelangelo
House cat? = Raphael?

Not sure where Krang fits into this, I'll work on it later.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Mogambo posted:

Dan = Leonardo
Elliot = Donatello
Stuart = Michelangelo
House cat? = Raphael?

Hallie = Venus

Really hope we get to have another episode with her. Great guest host.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mogambo posted:

Dan = Leonardo
Elliot = Donatello
Stuart = Michelangelo
House cat? = Raphael?

Krang's peeing on their feet, obviously.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

Flython posted:

Hallie = Venus

Who the hell is Venus?

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Mogambo posted:

Who the hell is Venus?
A female ninja turtle created in the live action show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MadScientistWorking posted:

A female ninja turtle created in the live action show.

If you ever want to piss off the creators of Ninja Turtles is mention her. They hates her and you are forbidden to mention her in front of them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

If you ever want to piss off the creators of Ninja Turtles is mention her. They hates her and you are forbidden to mention her in front of them.

On the other hand they made a thing about a talking rat teaching mutant turtle stoners kung fu.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Tatum Girlparts posted:

On the other hand they made a thing about a talking rat teaching mutant turtle stoners kung fu.

On the other hand the tmnt comics are pretty obviously satire, and I remember a story where they came up with the name by asking themselves what the dumbest possible name was that they could come up with.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You mean the comic that was homage to Miller's Daredevil?
Splinter = stick
Foot = Hand
The turtles were created in the same accident that created Daredevil.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was making a joke that it's weird for them to hate the lady turtle when turtles as a thing were pretty loving nuts to begin with. Yes I'm a TMNT nerd I know all the trivia and poo poo.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

bobkatt013 posted:

So are they fine with the turtles rocking out?

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone here pick up the WHM app? Was the exclusive episode worth it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

toanoradian posted:

So are they fine with the turtles rocking out?

You joke, but I am almost positive I saw that live.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

You joke, but I am almost positive I saw that live.

I know I did. Radio City when I was like 6.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

For those interested, the We Hate Movies app is worth two bucks -- even though downloading the damned thing can be kind of unfriendly (I had to download a separate app just to download theirs). The bonus episode is fun, and I was looking for a way to give those guys money, anyway.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does it actually provide a good interface to listen to episodes?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Gyges posted:

Does it actually provide a good interface to listen to episodes?

It's really no easier than just downloading through their website, iTunes, etc. -- but I feel the same way about all of the other individual podcast apps I buy and never use. I bought it to give those guys a little cash and access the bonus podcasts.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

They just posted the free episode on Bandcamp. They plan to do that with a "pay if you want to" thing after a few weeks the episode hits the app.

The bonus episode is great just for the discussion on the song "Closing Time."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The newest How Did This Get Made? about Demolition Man is pretty fantastic. Wyatt Cenac is on-point.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

The WHM ep on Running Man is superb. Is there a podcast that specializes in "lovely but fantastic" ? I believe this and Best of the Best 2 are my two favorite episodes of theirs.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

sweet_jones posted:

The WHM ep on Running Man is superb. Is there a podcast that specializes in "lovely but fantastic" ? I believe this and Best of the Best 2 are my two favorite episodes of theirs.

I'm just kind of reeling from how different it was from the book. They seriously added boss battles?

That said, the movie does sound pretty awesome to watch with friends.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maremidon posted:

I'm just kind of reeling from how different it was from the book. They seriously added boss battles?

That said, the movie does sound pretty awesome to watch with friends.

It is an excellent 80's Arnold movie. If anything, they played down how hilarious some of the parts are in that movie, like Captain Freedom's workout and the other TV show clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazUZz3K6IY

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I have a hard time separating myself from my extreme nostalgia for that movie enough to judge it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Oh my God, Sex and Two Cities.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Al! posted:

Oh my God, Sex and Two Cities.

Came here to post this, incredibly funny bit. (Flop House on the off chance anyone didn't guess just from the name).

Also very funny little 'post-credits' bit where Elliott makes fun of Marc Maron.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 13, 2013

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Loved the episode, but was slightly sad The Flop House didn't do North. Ebert seemed to have a particular disdain for that movie.

IzzyNobre
Dec 8, 2005

Long live Mario
I love me some How Did This Get Made, but ever since I learned about vocal fry tone/vocal fry register, I cannot unhear it in June Diane Raphael's voice. It's the loving worst thing ever; I never noticed it until finding out about the phenomenon. Now it's ALL I notice when she talks.

She's one of the worst offenders when it comes to this habit and it's seriously turning me away from the show.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

^JDR is terrible, I pretty much stopped listening to HDTGM entirely because of her

The WHM episode about Godzilla was just as hilarious as I'd hoped. Their Matthew Broderick impression never gets old. I forget the quote exactly but they're talking about the terrible scenes of Broderick doing science stuff in Chernobyl at the start of the movie: "The worms are 17% bigger, right, no one?" Horribly butchered quote but so good.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I still don't understand the constant making GBS threads on of HDTGM when every criticism seems present in WHM as well. Everyone except Chris Cabin has an incredibly annoying voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Beeez posted:

I still don't understand the constant making GBS threads on of HDTGM when every criticism seems present in WHM as well. Everyone except Chris Cabin has an incredibly annoying voice.

I don't see this at all. Even if you think it's true, at least they don't scream "I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW" whenever anyone mentions something remotely weird in the movie.