Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Did they? I thought Doe and Cardholder were Guild double agents for some reason.

Right. Hunter is assuming the investigators have some tie to the Guild like Doe and Cardholder. He was right, but now it's clear that the CIA has no known affiliation with the Guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dammit, I bet that OSI shirt is one of those near-sheer thin shirts that I, as a fat guy, am not comfortable wearing. Otherwise, I'd get it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Was there an explanation for no Mile High?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Character bloat.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Good God, I haven't felt this way about an episode since Showdown at Cremation Creek. That was insane.

jscolon2.0 posted:

He was piloting one of the drop ships, only he's still using Sky Pilot.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Love that we get more Cardholder and Doe-esque characters and that Mister is an actual title for them. I also enjoyed the SHED doctor from the beginning of season 4, as well as the plastic surgeon, making a comeback.

I also noticed in the preview that Dean has Buster's hand chair in his room. (not really a spoiler but I know how these threads can be)

Goddamn I love this show.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Dammit, I bet that OSI shirt is one of those near-sheer thin shirts that I, as a fat guy, am not comfortable wearing. Otherwise, I'd get it.

I'm not a fat guy, but I sweat alot and I live in Florida, so I wear a white or grey undershirt with everything. Problem solved.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Brightman posted:

It's somehow even better if you're currently suffering insomnia :D

Those HankBucks are like a little knife twisted in the wound that I have from the regret of not getting in on the shirt club in time :sigh:

Can you even get the original Shirt Club shirts? How much do they go for?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

door Door door posted:

I also noticed in the preview that Dean has Buster's hand chair in his room. (not really a spoiler but I know how these threads can be)
Who's Buster again? And where can we see the preview?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Noreaus posted:

He called him "Uncle Vatred" :3:

Hatred took them to the safest room in the ship. He's actually a decent bodyguard. The boys haven't died under his watch, which is more than you can say for Brock.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

X_Toad posted:

Who's Buster again? And where can we see the preview?

Arrested Development's Buster.

So many spoiler tags!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Although I still can't get over how much of a bad shot Hatred was in that episode. Perhaps he should let go of the 'cool' factor and always use only one gun, and preferably not run while shooting.

Red posted:

Hatred took them to the safest room in the ship. He's actually a decent bodyguard. The boys haven't died under his watch, which is more than you can say for Brock.
I also love how Hatred is starting to get really tired of Hank's antics and starts to panic whenever the blonde kid starts talking crazy.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 2, 2013

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Red posted:

Can you even get the original Shirt Club shirts? How much do they go for?

If you're looking for an original run that's actually unworn then you might as well be St. Cloud. They only produced enough for people who ordered, like this run. You could snag them on eBay in the months after, usually for dumb prices, but most of those were knock-offs too. I suppose you might find someone who threw them in a closet or who wants to sell gently-worn used ones, but I'd be surprised.

If you just want the deisgns, they go for the price that internet sites charge people to sell their own (like Redbubble), because tons of people have shamelessly ripped them off. And you probably want to look at images of the originals just to make sure they got it right, some have slightly different colors or designs. However, it's really the best way to get the same shirts and they'll probably cost you 25-30 bucks max.

I haven't gotten any of the ones I'm missing, but I'm not really sure on the quality of blanks those sites use. If they're good then I don't see how they could mess up the simpler designs like Hatred or Killinger. I really want a Guild shirt but last time I looked it seemed like none of the designs were identical to the original.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Season 3. Not bad though. Had a few things I didn't expect but it's an interesting direction and still funny.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I feel like Season 3 has an actual plot to it in ways that the other seasons don't, which is interesting- there's very much a sequence of events, whereas the other seasons are all standalones or advancing themes and feelings for the most part, like Season 4 showing the boys growing up.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Uh, so why did the Investors pretend to be the internal affairs guys or whoever they are? I don't get that. Was it just to confirm Molotov was dead? They killed Monstroso themselves, after all. I guess maybe to confirm that they hadn't been exposed in any way; Brock still thinks Monstroso just vanished so obviously anonymity is important to them. I don't know, that felt sort of like a twist for the sake of a twist at the end there.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
argh the Hatred stuff is driving me crazy, I don't know why they had to fudge it with some kind of OSI drug-interaction nonsense except for the same "loving fans, OK here's a one-liner about Kim turning into a preppie now shut up" response the show so often has to fans harping on stupid minor points.

Breasts are a real-world side effect of chemical castration (nomolestol), no super soldier serum needed. Alan Turing committed suicide after developing breasts as a result of his court-ordered chemical castration -- ordered because of a consensual encounter with an adult man in the privacy of his own apartment, no less. The parallels between Vatred-pedo and Turing-gay make me more than a little queasy, but point is it wouldn't be the first time the government rewarded someone who went to war for their country with hormone shots and unwanted tits.

So there you go. Maybe they're angling for the cop-out of "super soldier shots made him a pedo in the first place" but there's no supersciencey drug interaction required, just intelligence orgs being total dicks.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Pope Guilty posted:

I feel like Season 3 has an actual plot to it in ways that the other seasons don't, which is interesting- there's very much a sequence of events, whereas the other seasons are all standalones or advancing themes and feelings for the most part, like Season 4 showing the boys growing up.
Season 2 had a solid storyline with The Monarch's return and reconciliation with Dr. Girlfriend, I always felt. But 3 was more comprehensive, instead of a seasonal-subplot sort of thing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dammmmit I want this shirt club one too. And I'm still waiting on my URGH delivery!

Fine....

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

2house2fly posted:

Uh, so why did the Investors pretend to be the internal affairs guys or whoever they are? I don't get that. Was it just to confirm Molotov was dead? They killed Monstroso themselves, after all. I guess maybe to confirm that they hadn't been exposed in any way; Brock still thinks Monstroso just vanished so obviously anonymity is important to them. I don't know, that felt sort of like a twist for the sake of a twist at the end there.

Cleaning up the details to make sure that OSI had nothing on them. Also, I love St. Cloud!

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Psiharis posted:

argh the Hatred stuff is driving me crazy, I don't know why they had to fudge it with some kind of OSI drug-interaction nonsense except for the same "loving fans, OK here's a one-liner about Kim turning into a preppie now shut up" response the show so often has to fans harping on stupid minor points.

Breasts are a real-world side effect of chemical castration (nomolestol), no super soldier serum needed. Alan Turing committed suicide after developing breasts as a result of his court-ordered chemical castration -- ordered because of a consensual encounter with an adult man in the privacy of his own apartment, no less. The parallels between Vatred-pedo and Turing-gay make me more than a little queasy, but point is it wouldn't be the first time the government rewarded someone who went to war for their country with hormone shots and unwanted tits.

So there you go. Maybe they're angling for the cop-out of "super soldier shots made him a pedo in the first place" but there's no supersciencey drug interaction required, just intelligence orgs being total dicks.

Wow you're spergin pretty hard here over nothing, :goonsay:, etc...talk about harping on stupid minor points.

This was a good episode, probably the second best this season after the premier. I read a review of some episode recently that said that episodes tend to go more for either advancing the plot or for laughs and rarely balance the two, which I agree with. This episode leaned much more to the plot side.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

null posted:

Wow you're spergin pretty hard here over nothing, :goonsay:, etc...talk about harping on stupid minor points.

Yeah, I agree. Besides, he can be developing breasts due to the Nomolestol AND be a super soldier. It's not like the two things need to be mutually exclusive.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I thought it was worth it for Rusty's "Super Soldier? Him?"

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah. Having not read any of the descriptions spoiling the next couple episodes of the season, I'm wondering if they're going to do one big tie-in with the Sergeant Haines, super soldier ("Him?") serum, and the birth of Hatred. Also, what ever happened to the hovertank? You think it would have come in handy more than once at this point?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Protagorean posted:

Yeah. Having not read any of the descriptions spoiling the next couple episodes of the season, I'm wondering if they're going to do one big tie-in with the Sergeant Haines, super soldier ("Him?") serum, and the birth of Hatred. Also, what ever happened to the hovertank? You think it would have come in handy more than once at this point?

I imagine Princess Tiny Feet got it in the divorce.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

2house2fly posted:

I thought it was worth it for Rusty's "Super Soldier? Him?"
Hey, I put up with you when you go calling yourself a "Super Scientist"! Hmph.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Wasn't the Action Man described as a super soldier? I wonder there's a connection between him and Hatred.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Wasn't the Action Man described as a super soldier? I wonder there's a connection between him and Hatred.
In terms of Venture-universe super soldiers, Action Man is probably the Captain America of this continuity, and Hatred is just one of the many horribly failed attempts to reproduce the flukish experiment that made him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JT Jag posted:

In terms of Venture-universe super soldiers, Action Man is probably the Captain America of this continuity, and Hatred is just one of the many horribly failed attempts to reproduce the flukish experiment that made him.

And Steve Rogers is a horrible human being who will stick a gun to a small child's head as he is in bed and tell him not today.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

JT Jag posted:

In particular, Nuke, he of face tattoo and constant pill popping.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

bobkatt013 posted:

And Steve Rogers is a horrible human being who will stick a gun to a small child's head as he is in bed and tell him not today.

Wasn't that Col. Gentleman, not the Action Man?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Wasn't that Col. Gentleman, not the Action Man?

Nope it was the Action Man
From Season 4 Episode 5: "The Revenge Society"

quote:

Dr. Venture: Dean, I remember when the Action Man would wake me up with a gun pointed at my head. He'd just hold it there and pull the trigger. I'd hear the click really loud because it was right against my forehead.
Dean: So it echoes.
Dr. Venture: Right, it sounded like he snapped one of my teeth out. Click. And then he'd go "Not today, Rusty, not today."
Dean: Golly. And you took it because you had to?
Dr. Venture: No, Dean, I took it because I was Rusty Venture, Boy Adventurer. I didn't ask for this life, Dean. But it's mine. Sure, I fall down in this speedsuit. But I get up and wet-nap my puke off.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Welp guess my memory of that was faulty.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

There's not enough discussion of the councilman Monstroso mentioned

Councilman 4 - the Clue Clown - with a name that silly we are are sure to hear of some gang called the "clue clown club" or something similar

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I want to speculate the precogs are clone slugs but that seems too easy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Manwithastick posted:

There's not enough discussion of the councilman Monstroso mentioned

Councilman 4 - the Clue Clown - with a name that silly we are are sure to hear of some gang called the "clue clown club" or something similar

Ha, that was the first thing I thought of.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

door Door door posted:

as well as the plastic surgeon, making a comeback.

Me too, I love that guy. I didn't happen to notice in the credits, but did Brendan Small voice him in this episode? I couldn't really tell. His delivery of "ever since da Iron Man, everybody wants da robot heart" was so incredible.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

I can't believe so many people complained about St. Cloud's voice, yet there's not a peep about one of the Misters being another Master Shake voice. That's my only complaint about the episode.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Blind Sally posted:

Yeah, I agree. Besides, he can be developing breasts due to the Nomolestol AND be a super soldier. It's not like the two things need to be mutually exclusive.
The doctor certainly thought Hank's tits were from the Nomolestol alone, if it's really important to you.

It's kind of interesting how Hank was so open to the transexual experience. It was a pretty surprising treatment from an irreverant cartoon show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

taco_fox posted:

I can't believe so many people complained about St. Cloud's voice, yet there's not a peep about one of the Misters being another Master Shake voice. That's my only complaint about the episode.
It's Dana Snyder. The Alchemist sounds like that too. It's the only voice he's ever asked to do, although he has a bit more range than that. You get used to it eventually.