Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
That's too bad. I remember at least one of those songs sounding really cool, almost like a chiptune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Sweet Talkin' Woman confirmed..?

This was released back on June 14.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

pksage posted:

This was released back on June 14.

Oh! My Rock Band stuff is temporarily put away (remodeling), might be why I didn't remember that.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Hey! Arcade Fire! I play tested that song, one of my favorite bands glad to see them in rock band now.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I was googling around to try and find the points-per-phrase awarded for the sub-expert difficulties on vocals (talking with a friend who is getting into singing but has just moved up to Hard and wanted to ask technical questions about score), and while I couldn't find the answer to what I was looking for, I did find this old thread about a vocals scoring bug and wonder did it ever get patched?

quote:

Basically vocal overdrive does not act the way it should at all when you are playing with other instruments.. In rock band 2, with an 8x band multiplier, each phrase was worth 32k because of the 8x band multiplier times the 4k points from the phrase at 4x. In rock band 3 for some reason, at 8x you will only get 20k points per phrase. With a 6x, from guitar bass and drums you wll still get 24k points per phrase but adding vocal OD will actually decrease the score. If one insrtument and vocals activates then you will get 12k per phrase (instead of 16k), and if 2 insturments and vocals activate you will get 16k per phrase (instead of a 24k).
Also if anyone DOES know off the top of their head the points per phrase on all vocal difficulties we'd thank you.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's 1000/800/400/200 for X/H/M/E.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 30, 2013

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

And if you care, it appears that a double awesome gets you an additional ten percent, (so 1100 at Expert level) while a triple awesome gets you an extra twenty percent. (1200 at Expert.)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nice to see that 1) Rock Band's PR still has a sense of humor and 2) they don't mind (some) customs:

@RBHarmProj posted:

Hey @RockBand, if you could go back in time and add harmonies to any three legacy Rock Band songs, what would they be?

@RockBand posted:

@RBHarmProj 1) Abnormality's "Visions" 2) "Visions" by Abnormality 3) That one growly song from RB2, "Visions", can't remember artist.

Yesterday, after almost 3 years, I finally got the True Music Fan goal. Bad news is that I had to use my friend's DLC collection for the last 200 or so and now I'm on the leaderboards for 4 Nickelback songs...beginning to question if it was worth it...

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Nice to see that 1) Rock Band's PR still has a sense of humor and 2) they don't mind (some) customs:

Yesterday, after almost 3 years, I finally got the True Music Fan goal. Bad news is that I had to use my friend's DLC collection for the last 200 or so and now I'm on the leaderboards for 4 Nickelback songs...beginning to question if it was worth it...

drat, I'm so close to this. It really sucks that ONLY DLC counts and no exports do, otherwise I'd have it in the bag.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm pretty sure I have enough songs in my library to complete that, but I'm not even halfway through them.

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

Don't feel too bad. Even after buying every DLC track and hosting weekly RB sessions for over five years(!) my XBox had still logged only 940 or so unique DLC plays. I had to play the remainder myself to get the achievement.

People find their favorites and stick to them, apparently.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

El Destructo posted:

People find their favorites and stick to them, apparently.

When I sort my library by "play count" Crippled Inside has over a hundred plays more than the next song down. I guess I really like that song. :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Wow, that's nuts. My most played song (All My Life - Foo Fighters) is only around 15-20 plays. I mostly play Rock Band with company, though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
If playcount accumulated from each Rock Band game, I'm sure my most-played song would be something by Rush. As it is, "I Wanna Be Sedated" stands tall at 35 because, well, I got pretty into Pro Guitar for awhile :shobon:

Necroblashyrkh
Nov 14, 2004
hope u got :10bux: lol
My most played song is Total Eclipse of the Heart with about 70 plays. Probably 5 of those are not on pro keys.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Necroblashyrkh posted:

My most played song is Total Eclipse of the Heart with about 70 plays. Probably 5 of those are not on pro keys.

Exact same post but with harmony vocals.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

My most played song (by about 4:1 over the nearest competitor) is Llama. But I got my 5-stars on Pro Drums, goddammit.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

My Rock Band 2 Wireless Drums that I just bought brand new through SA mart show up in game as a guitar controller? Does anyone have any idea why this could happen?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Aardvark Barber posted:

My Rock Band 2 Wireless Drums that I just bought brand new through SA mart show up in game as a guitar controller? Does anyone have any idea why this could happen?

Just go with it. If it'll let you play guitar parts on drums, do it. It'll be like that time I played Tony Hawk on a dance pad! (I think I fell over)

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Ha, I would if the colors lined up!

Anyways, I connected it up to my PC 360 wireless reciever and loaded up phase hero where the game immediately recognized them as drums. Sooo yeah I have no idea what the gently caress.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
Is there a controller resync sort of option for the 360, like there is for the Wii? Or...if you have all the other controllers, plug them in first and then try adding the drums?

Although, sometimes things are inexplicably screwy. My RB2 guitar and RB1 guitar controllers seem to interfere when we've tried to use them together. I suppose it's fortunate that my crazy sister prefers a GH controller.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
I'm super-hyped, let's do this!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for July 4, 2013:

New! A Slice of Americana 7-pack ('MURICA)
  • America – “A Horse With No Name” (farottone)
  • The Beach Boys – “Surfin’ U.S.A.” (farottone) X
  • The Presidents of the United States of America – “Peaches” (Nyxyxylyth) X
  • Rammstein – “Amerika” (C3 multi-author collaboration!) X
  • Steve Ouimette – “The Star-Spangled Banner” (Neversoft and TrojanNemo) M
  • Supertramp – “Breakfast in America” (farottone) X
  • Team America – “America, gently caress Yeah” (pksage) X

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Wow! You weren't kidding about this being an awesome pack! Now we can officially tack on Rock Band to this list:

Jamwillinob
Jun 26, 2009
As a Scotsman, I'm just disappointed that this isn't in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy9GmieAEaQ

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I'm Dissappointed in the lack of the Star Spangled Banner by Jimi Hendrix

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Before seeing this update I was just going to go see my family blow poo poo up, now I'm loading up the car with guitars and drums!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
Peaches are sweet indeed, stoked!! I am a teeny bit sad that Breakfast in America will be the first Supertramp song I will be playing in Rock Band, but loving finally: Supertramp! I love you guys!

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Douwe posted:

Peaches are sweet indeed, stoked!! I am a teeny bit sad that Breakfast in America will be the first Supertramp song I will be playing in Rock Band, but loving finally: Supertramp! I love you guys!

Holy poo poo seconded, Supertramp has been soooooooo overdue to appear. America (the band) as well.

Awesome week, you guys, this whole deal continues to rule like hell

--i forget how integrated that group is with this forum, but whomever wrote the description article for this week's songs did a hilarious job. They've been consistently awesome, and if that's someone that posts here, all thumbs up :golfclap:

Twisted Eye fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 5, 2013

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh, sweet, there's a RB Harmonies update too, with some great tracks!

quote:

Rock Band Harmonies Project: July 4, 2013
Harmony Upgrades

All-American Rejects – “Dirty Little Secret” (GreenPanda12)
All-American Rejects – “Gives You Hell” (GreenPanda12)
All-American Rejects – “Move Along” (GreenPanda12)
All-American Rejects – “Real World” (GreenPanda12)
Carrie Underwood – “All-American Girl” (espher)
Jimmy Eat World – “Bleed American” (GreenPanda12)
Night Ranger – “(You Can Still) Rock in America” (espher)
Pantera – “The Underground in America” (espher)
Spinal Tap – “America” (espher)
The Presidents of the United States of America – “Dune Buggy” (espher)
The Presidents of the United States of America – “Feather Pluck’n” (espher)
The Presidents of the United States of America – “Ladybug” (espher)
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers – “American Girl (Live)” (espher)
Violent Femmes – “American Music” (espher)

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

I didn't notice until just now even the RBHP tracks this week are nationally themed.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

This is all amazing. Makes me want to learn how to chart so that I can contribute "Real American" by Rick Derringer next year, brother!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Twisted Eye posted:

--i forget how integrated that group is with this forum, but whomever wrote the description article for this week's songs did a hilarious job. They've been consistently awesome, and if that's someone that posts here, all thumbs up :golfclap:

Thanks! :)

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is Toto's "Africa" a custom anywhere yet? :c

Edit: For the C3 guys, or anyone connected to them: after I downloaded the 4th of July RBHP songache, any new RBHP song I load freezes the XBOX. Old ones still seem to work fine.

Macavity fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 7, 2013

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Macavity posted:

Is Toto's "Africa" a custom anywhere yet? :c

Obviously they're saving that for African Independence Day.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
Is there a place where I can buy a RB3 disc that's guaranteed to be first edition?
My copy was in my 360 when it was stolen.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I would suggest that used game stores are a good bet. Ebay another if you go for an auction that has a picture of the actual box and disc so that you can see what icons are there.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I found one at Gamestop recently, it was their last copy of RB3.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

SuperHappy posted:

Is there a place where I can buy a RB3 disc that's guaranteed to be first edition?

Look for one that still has the MTV Games logo. The newest ones (v5, not compatible with customs) has MadCatz instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AeolisCams
Jun 5, 2004
That Other Fat Guy

SuperHappy posted:

I'll second Tsietisin's suggestion: check your local Gamestops and pawn shops. Just politely explain that you need the disc with the MTV Games logo (not the EA logo) on it. I had no problems digging through all the local Gamestops when I bought a new disc for a friend (whose Xbox 360, incidentally, was also stolen with his launch-day disc inside). Most can tell you when you call if they have RB3 used but none of my local stores were willing to actually check the disc on the phone so I did have to actually drive to them.

I did get lucky though. I found one that was almost-new; I suspect the manual code may be unused, but I don't know of a way to check.

• Locked thread