Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Anyone interested in playing a campaign against the AI with me? You'll have to bear with me, because I haven't quite figured out how the cards work yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Anyone interested in playing a campaign against the AI with me? You'll have to bear with me, because I haven't quite figured out how the cards work yet.

Sure, I'll be playing in a few minutes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright, are you hosting? I'll boot up my game and see if I can find you.

Edit: drat, lobby's full already.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So this thread kind of caught my interest pretty swiftly, the question is...are they planning to allow preorders on Steam? Any word one way or the other?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Captain Oblivious posted:

So this thread kind of caught my interest pretty swiftly, the question is...are they planning to allow preorders on Steam? Any word one way or the other?

It's up for Steam pre order already.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Edit: nevermind then. Beaten like a pregnant troll thrown down a flight of stairs because the Empire refused to give her control of her body.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 28, 2013

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
And just a heads up, owning Divinity 2 gets you 10% off the DC price, so a four-pack ends up at $27 per game.

Which is hella good, yo. You can possibly arrange it in the Steam Thread here, or in a subforum.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
After playing around a bit here is my general strategy.

If I have any mercs or starting troops in the province I immediately send them to capture all the points in my base and the first available expansion slot.

Ill then build my two factories and recruitment centre.

Afterwords I pump out a mix of grenadiers, troopers, devestators, armors, shamans and then warlocks for my initial army.

Ill start adding an air base afterwords and pepper my troops with air support.

Once the forces are built then ill send them all out to kill. The enemy is usually at this point as well and we meet in no mans land.

This is where micro is very important. Send your armors up front and slap the invulnerable spell on them from the shamans.

Troopers will target their grenadiers and shamans will my own grenadiers will take out thier devestators.

My devestators will bombard the front line or back, depending on its strength.

Once everything is engaged then ill go into dragon form and use my fireballs and eye of the prophet to nuke clusters. You are very fragile so back off and heal ever now and again.

Once the melee is done I switch back, recruit my losses and then advance to thier outposts. If you took Spoils of War for your Troopers for god's sake use it.

Much better to take over thier recruitment centres and outlying factories then have to pay to put your own out there.

Otherwise just blow then up, take the point and move on.

Afterwords you should be able to push forward and annihilate your opponent.

Send in naval support if viable/sneak a cloaked transport full hunters into their back line while your army engages thier front and watch everything melt.

Lots of fun a strategy to be had at this game.

If the multiplayer is this fun I really want to know how well the single player RP is.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there anyway to make groups/squads or just select all of a troop type? Also what determines if you can fight on the strategy map? I was just in a game with the AI that didn't have battles on spots even though both forces were on the same piece.

My RTS experience begins and ends with Spellforce (if you don't count dota), so I feel I would do much better if I could just make squads and control them that way

[e]

It was me vs 3 AI with no team. I had some of my units on his spaces and he had some on mine for several turns without any battle. I actually thought that you might have to have equal or more to fight so I made more units and sent reinforcements and nothing still happened. Also should be getting the opportunity to fight in battles where none of my forces are? For every AI vs AI battle on the other side of the map it gave me the pre battle options

VVVVVV

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 28, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I find that the Cripple spell on Shamans is quite effective, it shuts down a bunch of units in a group for a few seconds.

DrManiac posted:

Is there anyway to make groups/squads or just select all of a troop type? Also what determines if you can fight on the strategy map? I was just in a game with the AI that didn't have battles on spots even though both forces were on the same piece.

It uses the RTS standard of "Control + 1-0" to create a control group just "1-0" selects it, and double-clicking a unit will select all of that type (regardless of where they are, so careful when using that).

For the battle where two colours were on the same country, were you playing a 2v2, and it was two allies sharing the same spot? There are four factions: Imperials, Warlords, Hordes, and Zealots. Two guys with the same faction name are on the same side.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I happen to have a spare beta key for Dragon Commander on Steam. First one to PM me gets it. Gone.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 29, 2013

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thanks Stabbey_Clown. I still feel a bit embarrassed thinking about how I butchered the english language in order to send you a PM.

But shame can be forced into silence.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Stabbey, I sent you another PM, kinda related. Don't delete it until you read it. :ohdear:

edit: it's not a love letter. :geno:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Preview video of the single-player beta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESqsDGrlLM

Drifter: Raze should probably have contacted AxeManic by now.

I'm compiling a list of things I really want to test out to see if they're working properly, or if they're useful, like:

• The Campaign Dragon's survivability versus various amounts of Hunters and Grenadiers.
  • Variations on the Armour’s short-sharp Shock skill versus various-sized groups of Infantry units - is it a suicidal skill, or quite powerful?
  • Can Battleships launch Nukes when cloaked by a zeppelin?
  • If a Zeppelin uses its AoE Cloak skill just as a nuke (Imp Bunker Buster) is launched, is the nuke invisible? EDIT: It does not appear to turn invisible, that is as it should be, good. I'll have to try again just to be sure, though.
  • Do Imp Fighter cards increase the chance of winning an auto-resolve battle even when no air units exist?
  • What is the effective Radius of Grenadiers Enhanced Explosives upgrade? (Test on units that can't attack, like Shamans or self-destruct-mode Troopers)?
  • What is the effective radius of the Enhanced Explosives upgrade for Balloon Bombers.
  • Balloon Bombers vs Hunters – but with Bombers Enhanced Explosives researched – I tried equal supply, but forgot that the Hunters had an upgrade and the bombers did not.
  • On the army matchup screen – can you mouseover the units and see what upgrades they have available?
  • What abilities can units cast while under the Zeppelin’s invisibility? Test every single skill.
  • Can the Shaman's Charm skill cancel out an enemy Shaman's Charm? It should! Can the Aegis skill shield from Charm?
  • Troopers Spoils of war upgrade: Can you cast it on buildings from a distance or do you need to be up close? I had trouble with this. Tested, seems to work fine.

EDIT: Cleaned up my shorthand so it's easier to understand.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 1, 2013

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, I really like the RTS/Dragon gameplay. Can't loving wait to try the strategic map.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Stabbey_the_Clown, thank you.

I think on a purely visual level, I'd love to have larger boardgame pieces. It would be much nicer to have their size tripled so I can easily tell what's going on. I like the super zoomed in view, but I prefer the 'see the whole board' perspective much more.

I went into the beta without having seen ANY youtube videos or magazine explanations of the gameplay, so for the first five minutes I was completely lost beyond clicking and moving my little dudes at the boardgame. It was pretty simple to figure out how to build additional resources and gain land, so that was cool. Now I just need to actually strategize my movements.

After two days of having my game crash each time I was about to load into the rts gameplay, I finally got it to work (through no deliberate action of my own save patience), and I'm back to being confused. I'm in the process of figuring it out and doing some reading on it all, so I'm not too concerned. On their own, those tutorials need some work.

All in all, I'm having good fun futzing about. I read your bullet list, Stabbey, and understood none of it. That's how not far along in the game I am. ;)

It reminds me in a not-really-the-same-game-at-all kind of way of Hostile Waters for some reason.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Man, I really like the RTS/Dragon gameplay. Can't loving wait to try the strategic map.

If you're in the beta, like it sounds you are - it's already in. In fact, campaign mode is the default when creating a new lobby.

EDIT: Another Single-player preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALxKh9rUnQ

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 1, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
New blog entry from Swen, and patch notes for the upcoming beta patch.

Crunch time thoughts

quote:

So, we’re in crunch. Not because we’re in panic mode or because a publisher is threatening us with whatever legal nonsense, but because we still have a ton of small things we want to finish before the game goes live *and * because we selected a release date we swore we wouldn’t miss (August 6th 2013 for those interested)
The current situation is that there’s still some stuff on our task list and there’s a whole bunch of stuff on our bug/suggested features list, but most of it still all feels possible.

Larian QA posted:

Hi guys,

We are experimenting with the pace of the game and so in the version that we've made available now, you'll notice a significant decrease in tempo. Let us know what you think please. We will be making more changes over the coming days as we try to integrate all of the feedback that we've been receiving.

List of changes:

- fix crash on startup
- update art for several UIs
- fixes to movement (units should not walk over water anymore)
- fixes homing missiles who have dragon as target
- attachments for units are cloaked aswell
- infantry doing kamikaze jump will decloak
- AI will check buff cards before playing
- research during combat is only possible in skirmish games now
- cloaked units cannot capture buildings
- lobbies will stay alive during game
- fixed crash when unit is destroyed while executing a skill
- fixed positioning of pawn and building tooltips
- fixes to pathfinding
- most dragon & unit skills' cooldowns are lowered
- recruitment center's income rate slightly decreased
- fighter's bombs are improved
- tank's shock wave skill is improved
- turret's HP & damage increased
- warlock's damage decreased
- bomber's AOE upgrade is fixed
- transports & zeppelins recruit cost is lowered
- sea & ground mine's range is increased
- battleship's nuke has increased HP
- grenadier's chemical warfare skill is more efficient
- grenadier's AOE upgrade is slightly increased
- dragon cost is lowered from 25 to 20
- dragon survivability improved
- dragon skill 'Blood Leech' decreased healing a bit
- dragon skill 'Eye of the Patriarch' increased damage
- dragon skill 'Friends with Benefits' works correctly now
- dragon skill 'Bastion' is improved
- dragon skill 'Aegis' is improved
- Updated soundbanks
- Large unit balancing overhoal
- gamespeed changes
- Only 3 different gamespeed settings
- Added subtitles to tutorial videos
- Fixed dragon loadout problems in 4:3 screen ratios
- Country tooltip is not shown when not hovering over a country
- Fixed card tooltip on the tactical map
- AI likes to take neutral armies now on the strategy map
- Added password support to server
- Updates to tutorials
- Fixed dragon research not refreshing
- Made radial menu smaller
- Fixed autoresolve units debuff cards
- Chat is possible during "waiting for players" screen
- Fixes to the imp buster
- Fixed price of some dragon skills
- Several updates and bug fixes to strategy AI
- Cleaned up card-menu
- Added card tooltip
- Correctly clean up Area effect manager at end of combat
- Crashfix when opening and closing slots in the multiplayer UI
- Fixes to options menu
- Prevent red blur during worldview
- Correctly calculate support costs when a loaded transporter dies
- Only countdown in multiplayer UI when players are involved
- Fixed cursor while in dragon mode
- Performance optimizations
- Stability fixes
- starting recruits in skirmish mode

The really big changes are the gamespeed changes, and research during combat is only possible in skirmish games now.

The gamespeed was pretty hectic before, and being able to research during RTS matches meant that the upgrades you bought on the Capmaign map didn't mean as much because you could duplicate those on the RTS map cheaply and quickly.

Phlegmish posted:

When is the new patch coming out? I would be interested in trying out part of the single-player campaign.

Nothing about single-player on the notes.

Everyone wants to try single-player, but the getting the gameplay right for general use is a bit more important, and some of these are pretty big changes that need a lot of testing. I imagine the single-player will only be Chapter 1, with unique maps and limited unit possibilities.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 2, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

When is the new patch coming out? I would be interested in trying out part of the single-player campaign.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
New Single-player beta preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJw6A2RgHlE

Phlegmish posted:

If it isn't downloading, Exit and restart Steam, I had to do that. 644 MB patch incoming. However, I didn't see anything about single-player on the notes.

Everyone wants to try single-player, but the getting the gameplay right for general use is a bit more important, and some of these are pretty big changes that need a lot of testing. I imagine the single-player will only be Chapter 1, with unique maps and limited unit possibilities.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I was kinda worried about the single player after being so bad at multi, but it looks like the dragon is much more sturdy in the campaign.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I restarted Steam, but I can't get the update to trigger. I'm still at version 1.0.101.9727.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Phlegmish posted:

I restarted Steam, but I can't get the update to trigger. I'm still at version 1.0.101.9727.

That is the new version. You must have missed it downloading.

I haven't had much chance to play with it yet, but here are a few things:
- You start out (skirmish anyway) with 20 recruits, so you can instantly build a battle forge.
- Recruitment centers provide 4 recruits per 5 seconds, down from 5 per 5.
- You no longer gain free recruits from capturing construction sites, which reduces the value of starting with hunters on the strategy map. No more bonus. This does make the starting number of Hunters less influential to victory, though.
- The cooldown reductions suddenly make Warlocks much more attractive (at least on paper), now that they can cloak for 20 seconds and have a 25 second cooldown time on their cloak (which starts when you initiate cloaking), and their polymorph spell lasts for 12 seconds and has a cooldown of 18.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Dragon Commander: Master v. Apprentice

quote:

Dear beta testers,

The inevitable has happened. An unstoppable rivarly has emerged here in our offices. Our most recent talent in the QA department, Lorean, has declared that he's better than his lead, the man with experience, our ex-pro-gamer, Octaaf.

He has issued a direct challenge. A match of Dragon Commander. He's not beating around the bush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnZkiHueylk

Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios
More info on http://www.divinitydragoncommander.com

Larian proudly announces: the main event. The fight of the century. This is so big, the rematch has already been planned! In a match of Divinity: Dragon Commander, the apprentice will take on the master in not one, but two legendary Dragon Commander battles, LIVE on Twitch TV!

First Match:

TUESDAY July 9th at
6PM GMT+1
9AM PST
12PM EST

Rematch:

THURSDAY July 11th at
11PM GMT+1
2PM PST
5PM EST

This is probably the best chance I have at picking up some pointers, because I have been utterly crushed in every game against a human after my first one. Sadly I probably won't be able to see the rematch live, but at least it'll be up later.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
How deep are the non-RTS portions of the game?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Ragingsheep posted:

How deep are the non-RTS portions of the game?

The single-player part is rumored to be extremely deep, there are 4 generals and 4 princesses and 5 races, each of the generals and princesses have their own story arcs, and if you please one race enough they have their own arcs, and you can direct them down different paths to different endings, like for example, Edmund is a huge racist, and you can support him and nudge him further down the path of being an even bigger racist, or else you can push him to being more tolerant of others. The single-player isn't in the beta yet, though.

The Campaign mode is still being worked on, the AI in particular needs work, (but Swen hinted that the next patch might show an improvement in that) you buy units and move them around to conquer countries on the strategy map. The units and upgrades you pick are critical, because you will only have access to those types and upgrades that you have researched on the strategy map once you enter the RTS mode. You can also build certain buildings on the strategy map, that either allow you to produce units, or grant you different card types for free, or increase the revenue of a country, stuff like that. One building per country.

There are also loads of different cards, lots and lots of types, I'm no doubt missing a bunch and I probably haven't seen them all. that act as a sort of buff or debuff, some of them can prevent certain enemy types from moving, or destroy enemy buildings, or let you erect a building on one of your countries for no cost, increase or decrease a country's gold revenue, make units faster or slower to move or attack, improve production speed, make units cheaper to build, grant your dragon or units special powers for a single RTS battle, and there are mercenary cards that grant you bonus units for one RTS map.

Things can get even more complicated because there are some things not yet implemented - Entrenchment and Popularity values for each country. Entrenchment is a measure of how well defended it is, and it determines if the enemy starts off with structures and defenses already built. Popularity is along those lines as well, but in single-player only at the moment, based on the political decisions you have made.

Let me know if any of that is unclear, because I'm tired and may not be making as much sense as I could be.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Larian is an RPG dev making an RTS so I imagine the depth of the story will be pretty good, considering their past games.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Do you guys remember way back over a year ago there was a place on larian's website to sign up to get an East Asian Silver Dragon? I did that, but it was so long ago I can't find any email confirmation or anything of it...Is there some thing I need to do to make sure I have that skin when the game comes out?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
http://www.dragon-commander.com/silverfire/

Do you remember the e-mail address you signed up to there with? If you still have access to it, I don't think you need to do anything. This is the e-mail I got:

quote:

Thanks for registering for your free DLC for Dragon Commander.
We will contact you once the game is out.
Sincerely,
Larian Studios

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 5, 2013

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Haha, thank you. My email is the same. Good to know. I thought it would have been listed in the Larian account information or something.

I'm so psyched for this game to come out.

WhiteHalo117
Jul 5, 2013

Surprise!!!
I pre-purchased this on steam after watching a ton of youtube vids. Its a fairly decent game even in beta and given what it's trying to accomplish it seems like a hidden gem. While your in dragon form you have decent control over your units while still feeling like a boss, you can switch back and forth between top down view and dragon mode. So your not forced into a liner play-style, it's a fresh take on the RTS genre. While the game isn't all cake it does have its rough edges and this is evident in the control scheme, it feels kind of clunky at times when trying to manage unit production/fights/building. The game begs for a way to hotkey groups of buildings and units together like in starcraft 2.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

WhiteHalo117 posted:

I pre-purchased this on steam after watching a ton of youtube vids. Its a fairly decent game even in beta and given what it's trying to accomplish it seems like a hidden gem. While your in dragon form you have decent control over your units while still feeling like a boss, you can switch back and forth between top down view and dragon mode. So your not forced into a liner play-style, it's a fresh take on the RTS genre. While the game isn't all cake it does have its rough edges and this is evident in the control scheme, it feels kind of clunky at times when trying to manage unit production/fights/building. The game begs for a way to hotkey groups of buildings and units together like in starcraft 2.

You can use the ctrl+number keys to create groups of units and buildings. If you check the control options, there are some useful hotkeys, too; for example, Z and X select all your battleforges and war factories, respectively, I think F2 selects all of your units, double-clicking a unit or building will select all units of that type across the map, etc. The game still has a lot going on at once, and I wish there was a way to put new units directly into a control group instead of having to constantly assign them, but there are some helpful keys available.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Another Beta patch dropped today:

I've separated the list into new stuff and old stuff.

Biggest changes:
- Hunters speed cut from 260 to 215. They're still by far the fastest land unit, but no longer the fastest unit in the game.
- Units (Troopers/Transports) under the effect of "For the Empire" Kamikaze attack move much faster now, and cannot use any abilities.
- Shamans and Warlocks can now travel over water.
- Build times for Battle Forge units reduced (all other production times remain the same)
- Build times and Recruit costs for all non-Battle Forge Production structures slightly reduced. (Battle Forge remains the same)
- Skirmish: Players no longer start with a free Transport.
- Skirmish: Research tooltips are improved.
- Campaign: Massive adjustment of the research cost and tiers of Dragon Skills in the campaign.
- Campaign: Countries gold values adjusted: Home countries give 8 gold, down from 10, there are no more 1 gold countries, mostly just 2 and 3 gold ones, only 1 non-error 4 gold country (there are two more probable mistake 4-gold countries, though)
- Campaign: Countries now have variable Research point value from 1-3.
- Campaign: Pre-existing buildings adjusted and moved.
- Campaign: Placing a Building on a country has been greatly reduced in cost.
- Campaign: All research is now instant, not "done by next turn", all those points are spent at once.
- Campaign: AI is improved in the Strategy Map, they'll play cards that affect territories and units, construct buildings
- Campaign: Entrenchment is a factor. Entrenched countries will have one or more bonus units in addition to what they place and use mercenaries for.
- Map: Dragon's Pass has a second construction site by the shore on both sides, but the turret emplacements from the center Resource Construction sites have been removed.
- Map: Emerald Mountain has added Resource Construction Sites to the upper left and lower right corners.
- Map: Frost Isles has added a second Shipyard Construction Site to each player island, and an additional Resource Construction site as well. New turret emplacements are up along the player base shores.

DeathKnight posted:

What just happened, or here is changelist 1.0.110.9727
Hi,

Here's 113 lines of changes!

Changelist 1.0.110.9727:

- fixes to chat UI
- Armies are formed more intelligently
- Charging behaviour when overpowering opponents
- Improved recruits management
- Pathfinding improvements
- Warlocks & juggernaut work properly again.
- More reactive to attacks
- Pacing improved
- Juggernaut uses nukes
- Shamans improved
- Fixed check to play cards on neutral countries
- Ai fix crash playing card on neutral country
- Autoresolver rounding fix
- Fixed default expanding behaviour for AI
- When infantry uses Kamikaze, should speed up & lose other abilities
- Battleship uses correct shooting distance now
- Call for help & fallback behaviour fixes
- Fixed player icons
- Transporter doesn't include charmed ones
- Changed resource formulas
- Army creation fixes for AI
- Clustering of enemies fixed
- Balloons have Ground Bombardment
- Warlocks and Priests units are amphibious now
- Changed Warlock Cloak to targetted skill
- Better hit detection for projectiles
- Fixed crashes on lost device
- Dragon skill changes:
Purifying flames: changed from tier 4 to tier 1, made healing done more powerful, 5 research
Damage aura: from tier 1 to tier 4, increased damage modifier, 20 research
Bastion: Slight cooldown increase
Aegis: Cooldown majorly decreased
Cloak: Duration slightly decreased
Sabotage: Duration & cooldown decreased, from tier 3 to tier 2, 10 research
Breaching Fire: from tier 1 to tier 3, 15 research
Rejuvenation: Slightly upgraded
Devastation: from tier 1 to tier 3, damage modifier slightly increased, 15 research
Ray of Power: from tier 4 to tier 1, cooldown decreased, duration slightly decreased, 5 research
Call of Valour: from tier 3 to tier 4, armour modification slightly increased, cooldown slightly increased, 20 research
Aura of Restoration: from tier 1 to tier 2, healing modifier slightly increased, 10 research
Berserker Roar: from tier 3 to tier 2, 10 research
Inspire: from tier 2 to tier 1, cooldown decreased, duration slightly decreased, 5 research
Aura of Frailty: Slightly improved
Crippling Roar: Cooldown slightly decreased, duration slightly increased
Acid Blaze: from tier 4 to tier 2, 10 research
Friends with Benefits: from tier 4 to tier 3, cooldown & duration slightly decreased, shield slightly improved, 15 research
Pillar of Restoration: from tier 3 to tier 4, healing output slightly improved, range slightly improved, 20 research
Mass Restoration: Cooldown slightly decreased
Dragon Charm: Duration & cooldown slightly decreased
Advance!: from tier 2 to tier 1, speed increase decreased, 5 research
Soar: from tier 2 to tier 1, speed increase decreased, 5 research
Dread Roar: from tier 2 to tier 3, range & duration slightly increased, 15 research
Priest Charm: duration slightly decreased

Apparent Duplicates from the last patch:
- Updated soundbanks
- Large unit balancing overhoal
- Only 3 different gamespeed settings
- Added subtitles to tutorial videos
- Fixed dragon loadout problems in 4:3 screen ratios
- Country tooltip is not shown when not hovering over a country
- Fixed card tooltip on the tactical map
- AI likes to take neutral armies now on the strategy map
- Added password support to server
- Updates to tutorials
- Fixed dragon research not refreshing
- Made radial menu smaller
- Fixed autoresolve units debuff cards
- Chat is possible during "waiting for players" screen
- Fixes to the nuke
- Fixed price of some dragon skills
- Several updates and bug fixes to strategy AI
- Cleaned up card-menu
- Added card tooltip
- Correctly clean up Area effect manager at end of combat
- Crashfix when opening and closing slots in the multiplayer UI
- Fixes to options menu
- Prevent red blur during worldview
- Correctly calculate support costs when a loaded transporter dies
- Only countdown in multiplayer UI when players are involved
- Fixed cursor while in dragon mode
- Performance optimizations
- Stability fixes
- Update art for several UIs
- Fixes to movement (units should not walk over water anymore)
- Fixes homing missiles who have dragon as target
- Attachments for units are cloaked aswell
- Infantry doing kamikaze jump will decloak
- AI will check buff cards before playing
- Research during combat is only possible in skirmish games now
- Cloaked units cannot capture buildings
- Lobbies will stay alive during game
- Fixed crash when unit is destroyed while executing a skill
- Fixed positioning of pawn and building tooltips
- Fixes to pathfinding
- Most dragon & unit skills' cooldowns are lowered
- Recruitment center's income rate slightly increased
- Fighter's bombs are improved
- Tank's shock wave skill is improved
- Turret's HP & damage increased
- Warlock's damage decreased
- Bomber's AOE upgrade is fixed
- Transports & zeppelins recruit cost is lowered
- Sea & ground mine's range is increased
- Battleship's nuke has increased HP
- Grenadier's chemical warfare skill is more efficient
- Grenadier's AOE upgrade is slightly increased
- Dragon cost is lowered from 25 to 20
- Dragon survivability improved
- Dragon skill 'Blood Leech' decreased healing a bit
- Dragon skill 'Eye of the Patriarch' increased damage
- Dragon skill 'Friends with Benefits' works correctly now
- Dragon skill 'Bastion' is improved
- Dragon skill 'Aegis' is improved

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 6, 2013

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'm still mostly clueless about what I'm doing in the RTS mode, but at least with the enemy AI on easy I managed to sort of fight to a standstill in the middle where I could keep their forces at bay but couldn't press any further.

Reading the manual would be a good idea, I think.

It is pretty though, and it runs fairly well. I'm just having resolution issues on my dual-monitor setup. (Laptop monitor and a 1080p HDTV.)

But still, I'm sort of having fun, though I really need to figure out more what to do and I'm looking forward to getting serious single player chunks to mess around with.

I'm dumbly happy that the tutorials are done by Swen with developer noise going on in the background, it's so charmingly Larian. :allears:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Isn't that David's voice? That's right, I spent way too much time following the D:OS Kickstarter.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Huh, the tutorials must have been redone at some point, because I just started one up now to check and the voice is completely different and the audio is much crisper.

I don't think it's David, though, unless he's doing a slightly different British accent, because his voice is a bit more nasal and heavily rolled compared to the broader and huskier voice of whoever did the tutorials.

(Comparing the tutorial voice to David doing this:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvyvEpN38WY

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm almost certain that they used David's voice at one point, but I'm too lazy to investigate, so I'm going to assume you're right. Maybe it's for the best, I already know entirely too much about them.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I can't load battles without crashing since the recent patch. Any way to fix this or am I just going to need to wait for the next patch?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
The original tutorials did use David Walgrave's voice, but they've been redone and are now voiced by the actor who plays Maxos.

Kylra posted:

I can't load battles without crashing since the recent patch. Any way to fix this or am I just going to need to wait for the next patch?

Let me guess: The battles crash as soon as you join in Campaign mode, but not in Skirmish mode, and you're playing a 1v1v1v1, not a 2v2 or 3v1, right? I'm getting that too. Try playing Campaign 2v2 or 1v1, or even 3v1, but not 1v1v1v1 and see if that helps.

1v1v1 also crashes. It seems to be a problem with 3-4 factions in the campaign mode. There might only be 2 factions with units on the map, but the game doesn't seem to know what to do with the non-participating factions.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Let me guess: The battles crash as soon as you join in Campaign mode, but not in Skirmish mode, and you're playing a 1v1v1v1, not a 2v2 or 3v1, right? I'm getting that too. Try playing Campaign 2v2 or 1v1, or even 3v1, but not 1v1v1v1 and see if that helps.
That was it.

• Locked thread