Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I love the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest reference out of nowhere. Keepin' it classy, Venture Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, I'm guessing in-vitro fertilization using Myra's eggs. Hank and Dean are pod babies.

Or, of course, the more logical conclusion of her just not being the mom.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The song is called DIE-arrhea.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Oh poo poo.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Holy poo poo next week looks tits.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

He knows about Rusty!

Nth-ing Radical Left as the best new character.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Holy poo poo that preview. The return of capt sunshine.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

El Boot posted:

A Zoids reference? I just got really excited and then really ashamed.

Never be ashamed. Those Zoid toys kicked rear end. The cartoon? Not so much.

And then Dermot ends with a parting shot!

...Oh, god.. previews for a villain party club. More Brock. I'm in.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Rusty is surprisingly well adjusted all things considered. I mean, he never committed premeditated murder after all.

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Holy poo poo, next week we get a Wild Fop/Councilman #2 appearance! :D

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Next week looks amazing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

This weeks was pretty amazing. Also, he is a Venture Bros., Death confessions was hilarious and now we know why hatred keeps his boobs.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Now that's an obscure one-liner.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
This episode was insane, and next week looks even better. I can't believe we only have two episodes left :(

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

PantsBandit posted:

I love the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest reference out of nowhere. Keepin' it classy, Venture Bros.

I spent all day avoiding spoilers but accidentally passed on the image of the Chief and thought there was going to be a Superfriends gag.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was pretty amazing. It's funny that last week I didn't really have any quotes that would make good thread titles and this week I have like a dozen.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
That was an amazing episode. Dermott's remark and everyone's flabbergasted looks at the very end capped it off very well.

hughesta posted:

This episode was insane, and next week looks even better. I can't believe we only have two episodes left :(

Wh... what...? No, that can't be... it's too soon! IT'S TOO SOON. :negative:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm confused because I thought Orpheus was privy to the key flashback and knew who Dermott's father was.

Or did he go through a cycle in the washing machine too.

RedBoot
Jul 12, 2003

The Ass Hand: Evolution's Greatest Triumph
So...is understanding Helper genetically built into Ventures? (Actually, no, I think Brock could understand him)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RedBoot posted:

So...is understanding Helper genetically built into Ventures? (Actually, no, I think Brock could understand him)

I think it's more supposed to be he's been around helper so much that he just sort of absorbed the language. It's like a language by immersion thing.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

After learning that, wouldn't you?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You know, you would think that as bad as Doc is, Hatred would still probably have a far worse death confession.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm confused because I thought Orpheus was privy to the key flashback and knew who Dermott's father was.

I assumed he was basically bullshitting Dermott.

"Oh yes how strange.... my magic said I would find a VENTURE BROTHER here... yet it seems to just be you. You get that magic don't tell no lies... right son?"

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

JethroMcB posted:

Now that's an obscure one-liner.

Not really. That commercial was huge at the time. I completely forgot about it until I heard it again. I remember everyone answering the phone like that at the time.

Like a lot of things on the show, especially considering the age range of the viewers now, it is pop culture from a certain time frame but if you weren't around then you just wouldn't know what they were.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Interesting that the episode ended with Rusty talking details to the boys, rather than just brushing them off, like the last time. Evidence that even he is noticing they're growing up?

So the preview: why does the guy Samson is targeting look like he's wearing classic-era Venture tech? A big blue V on his helmet and everything.

I'm hoping for something completely dumb, like Jonas sent him undercover in the 60s and after Jonas died, no one knew of him to retrieve him.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I think it's more supposed to be he's been around helper so much that he just sort of absorbed the language. It's like a language by immersion thing.

Yeah, I figured it was sort of how Luke could carry on a conversation with R2 by the time they hit Dagobah. Spend enough time around a robot speaking in beeps and boops, I guess you get a pretty good idea of what they're saying.

I'm surprised nobody else pointed out that they were going to the Dunwich Asylum though.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 8, 2013

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PantsBandit posted:

Every insane asylum has a native american on hand for emergency situations such as this.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
God drat I love this show.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

Every insane asylum has a native american on hand for emergency situations such as this.

In Philadelphia insane asylums, they keep Danny Devitos around. Same basic premise though. Somebody has to throw a water fountain out a window.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 8, 2013

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That episode owned.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

thrakkorzog posted:

Yeah, I figured it was sort of how Luke could carry on a conversation with R2 by the time they hit Dagobah. Spend enough time around a robot speaking in beeps and boops, I guess you get a pretty good idea of what they're saying.

I'm surprised nobody else pointed out that that they were going to the Dunwich Asylum though.

Nah, R2's beeps came up as text in the XWing.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Nah, R2's beeps came up as text in the XWing.

Luke was still able to carry a conversation with R2 after ditching his X-Wing. It's no worse than Han and Lando understanding Chewbacca.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

thrakkorzog posted:

I'm surprised nobody else pointed out that they were going to the Dunwich Asylum though.

As opposed to Arkham Asylum, of course! :doh:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

axleblaze posted:

You know, you would think that as bad as Doc is, Hatred would still probably have a far worse death confession.

Hatred has blubbered about his worst confession repeatedly and publicly, so he was bound to think of something else.

Doc has done far worse, but he did it blithely and callously. For it to be a confession, it'd have to be something he did that he knows and feels is wrong. Which with Doc, is.....not much.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
I can't believe I never noticed Myra Brandish is a play on Myra Breckinridge, a Gore Vidal novel in which the main character anally rapes a young man named Rusty.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

AVClub review is up.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mommas-boys,99788/

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Insane criminals introduction is one of the greatest scenes I have ever witnessed in fiction. Crimerobot.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One thing I did really like in the episode is that they did give an actual reason as to why Doc would fall for the Teddie thing. Most shows would just leave it at Doc being dumb or too self involved but this is a well written enough show that they actually gave him a reason that worked with his character.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

axleblaze posted:

One thing I did really like in the episode is that they did give an actual reason as to why Doc would fall for the Teddie thing. Most shows would just leave it at Doc being dumb or too self involved but this is a well written enough show that they actually gave him a reason that worked with his character.

Yeah, it really did present an interesting perspective on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
The episode was so good, it made me not hate Dermott anymore.

How can that be.