Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Chello De Don posted:

If you're wondering just who David Duke is (like I was), here's a link for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_duke

Yes, clearly this man would be PERFECT for the job of not killing/destroying the lives of minorities

Wikipedia posted:

Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
In 1974, David Duke founded the Louisiana-based Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (KKKK), a Louisiana Ku Klux Klan organization, shortly after graduating from LSU.[70] He became Grand Wizard of the KKKK. A follower of Duke, Thomas Robb, changed the title of Grand Wizard to National Director, and replaced the Klan's white robes with business suits.[71] Duke first received broad public attention during this time, as he endeavored to market himself in the mid-1970s as a new brand of Klansman: well-groomed, engaged, and professional. Duke also reformed the organization, promoting nonviolence and legality, and, for the first time in the Klan's history, women were accepted as equal members and Catholics were encouraged to apply for membership.[72] Duke would repeatedly insist that the Klan was "not anti-black", but rather "pro-white" and "pro-Christian."

I'm pretty sure he wrote that article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Fucker hasn't run for President since 1992. Was he supposed to be in his 5th term by now? No Iraq war is cool and all as far as alternate histories go, but the 22nd amendment is kinda important.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Stoatbringer posted:

Well, that's a more thought-out plot than any of the movies have ever had. :v:

The robots only ever saying "beep beep" would certainly improve the dialogue by 1000%.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Hey remember how the second one had robots that somehow, despite being non-human, managed to still be horrible racial stereotypes?

(I sincerely apologize if I actually caused anyone to remember Transformers 2)

Thread topic related content:

the conspiracy theories about the 777 crash are starting to show up on my news feed, but I think my favourite so far is the article snippet that starts out something like "it's too early to come to a conclusion regarding the cause of the crash..." and then clearly goes on to do just that anyway. Why do people lack such basic critical thinking skills?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Why do people lack such basic critical thinking skills?

Because it makes ya think, you know?

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Well, I'm glad thats cleared up. It was weighing on me.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

themrguy posted:

Ask for the evidence. :allears:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

themrguy posted:

My favourite thing about 40K fanboys is just how seriously they take their magical grimdark space marine setting for 15-year-olds.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

themrguy posted:

To be honest, I sort of want to see his evidence. Just to see how deeply he considered this and laid out the facts.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Athenry posted:

Because it makes ya think, you know?

Argh, the ultimate cop-out statement of people who have no problem promoting bullshit but are too cowardly to actually engage in any sort of discussion that might prove them wrong. Truth doesn't matter, only truthiness does.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Freedom doesn't seem like a real word anymore. :beck:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Seconding this.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Toad on a Hat posted:

To be honest, I sort of want to see his evidence. Just to see how deeply he considered this and laid out the facts.

This dude thinks that he's going to be a supreme court justice one day , and uses Justice(Name) as his online handle for a lot of stuff, so I would not be surprised at all if it exists and is meticulously considered.

Fascinator
Jan 2, 2011

The four stages of E/N posting.

You heard it here first, folks. New York's park restrooms, the first step in organized sexual slavery and genocide.

Person who posted this is a goddamn PhD student. At a really good internationally-prominent school, not some podunk backwater that takes anyone who can demonstrate literacy.

(I may be bitter because ten years ago that same program rejected me and now I find out they take bathroom social justice workers/conspiracy theorists)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

themrguy posted:

This dude thinks that he's going to be a supreme court justice one day , and uses Justice(Name) as his online handle for a lot of stuff, so I would not be surprised at all if it exists and is meticulously considered.

"Members of Congress, President Biden's recommendation may have a solid legal background, but I present to you a Facebook post from 2013 in which the candidate claims that the Imperium of Man could take the Federation which is total horseshit."

*the chamber dissolves into chaos*

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Thirding, fourthing, whatever. Just do it. It will be totally worth it for the :spergin:

And now back to your regular scheduled funny poo poo from Facebook RP.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I played L.A. Noire, and that could honestly be an exchange taken right from the game.

Oh Cole. :allears:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fascinator posted:

You heard it here first, folks. New York's park restrooms, the first step in organized sexual slavery and genocide.

Person who posted this is a goddamn PhD student. At a really good internationally-prominent school, not some podunk backwater that takes anyone who can demonstrate literacy.

(I may be bitter because ten years ago that same program rejected me and now I find out they take bathroom social justice workers/conspiracy theorists)

So whenever I'm travelling and I'm told by whomever I'm with that we're making a "comfort stop", what's REALLY going on is they're going to force me to gently caress soldiers? poo poo!!!

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

This isn't idiotic, it's loving funny as hell.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I don't even know what he is trying to say with the whole GOD comment. An acquaintance and my cousin shared this, ugh. I also got to hear the "They say the N word all the time AND call us Cracker so they are the real racists" argument from my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew when I ate supper with them over the 4th.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fascinator
Jan 2, 2011

The four stages of E/N posting.

Picnic Princess posted:

So whenever I'm travelling and I'm told by whomever I'm with that we're making a "comfort stop", what's REALLY going on is they're going to force me to gently caress soldiers? poo poo!!!

Apparently the word "comfort" was forever tainted by the Japanese army and any use of it is a direct reference to comfort women. She also posted in the comments that she felt like renaming the bathrooms "comfort stations" might be triggering to sex trafficking victims and Korean people. I'm not saying that its impossible for these groups of people to be triggered by that, but I think that the odds of any given patron of NYC's public parks belonging to one of those two groups, noticing the signs, having knowledge of Pacific Theater atrocities (which aren't well-known here), being familiar with the much-less-common term "comfort station," making the connection between the name of the bathroom and the WW2 term, AND being upset enough about it to be genuinely triggered is pretty goddamn slim.

I mean, I think it's completely horrible that these women were forced into prostitution and brutalized and then completely ignored and shamed and not helped at all, even by their own home countries in a lot of cases. And I agree that the plight of the comfort women needs to be better known. I even agree that replacing the euphemism "restroom" with the even more euphemistic "comfort station" is pretty stupid. But come on!

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

as well as a link to this
http://sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html

angelfisher
Aug 15, 2011

Flaggy posted:

Is beep beep a new thing?

"Beep beep, Richie"?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I unironically love this guy. The mental image of a full grown man losing control of a garden hose is amazing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

That DICK! posted:

I unironically love this guy. The mental image of a full grown man losing control of a garden hose is amazing.

Combined with being short I'm just imagining a straight up Ewok sized duded flailing with a garden hose like a one man firefighting team.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The way I read it, he accidentally poured gas all over his van and lit it on fire. The whole this is hilarious.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

There's no good reason all of our ideas can't co-exist in one single, hilarious mental image.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

That DICK! posted:

:wtc:

Being unable to control garden hoses is a mere step away from accidentally setting the whole thing on fire!

Content of my own, in which a fairly bog-standard bad Facebook meme thing devised by stupids gets interrupted in a fairly hilarious way:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

All you've proven to me so with your posts is that Facebook RP is an absolutely magical place. :allears:
Seriously, these are hilarious.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

:wtc:

Being unable to control garden hoses is a mere step away from accidentally setting the whole thing on fire!

Content of my own, in which a fairly bog-standard bad Facebook meme thing devised by stupids gets interrupted in a fairly hilarious way:

So, are you Trip? I don't get it. All of it is idiots.

On topic, I hate people who put stupid things into their names. It's fine if you're Bob Smith, or Bob Jones McSmith, but its NOT ok if you're Bob TinySparrow Smith. Or Mary LittleBeautifulFlower. I want to kill you.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

This is fedoraguy/Rorschach profile pic guy again.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

That DICK! posted:

This is the guy who watches those "As Seen On TV" commercials and instead of a lighthearted chuckle he exclaims loudly "Yes! That's right, there has to be a better way!", wallet tumbling to the ground as he fumbles to get his credit card out.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

So, are you Trip? I don't get it. All of it is idiots.

I wish I could take credit for being that witty. Alas, no. Sadly, the joke kind of loses its punch if you're not privy to the reference, it's a joke based around a fairly silly indie game known as Facade.

More content because I have just remembered I have this assclown on my facebook. This guy posts generic, boring and honestly pitiable teenage angst crap almost bi-daily without fail which is even sadder when you consider that he is a legal adult at this point, he's a jobless college drop-out who has succeeded in alienating himself from most of his friends by being generally unpleasant.

So, on a fateful day, he chose to get his life back together. To really pull himself into high-gear and get a job and start contributing to society! His method for taking control of his life?

Youtube LP. He isn't even a partner.

I know, not Facebook RP and less funny but my god, this loving guy. This happened a while ago, he dropped the idea pretty hard when his mediocre videos spectacularly failed to take off in any meaningful fashion.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Link the videos.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I wish I could take credit for being that witty. Alas, no. Sadly, the joke kind of loses its punch if you're not privy to the reference, it's a joke based around a fairly silly indie game known as Facade.

More content because I have just remembered I have this assclown on my facebook. This guy posts generic, boring and honestly pitiable teenage angst crap almost bi-daily without fail which is even sadder when you consider that he is a legal adult at this point, he's a jobless college drop-out who has succeeded in alienating himself from most of his friends by being generally unpleasant.

So, on a fateful day, he chose to get his life back together. To really pull himself into high-gear and get a job and start contributing to society! His method for taking control of his life?

Youtube LP. He isn't even a partner.

I know, not Facebook RP and less funny but my god, this loving guy. This happened a while ago, he dropped the idea pretty hard when his mediocre videos spectacularly failed to take off in any meaningful fashion.

I was having a good laugh at this thread and then I read this. Damnit dude.

...yeah link the videos. (Unless it's stupid easy to see his real name from it)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He should film himself reviewing fast food or awkwardly talking to women. That's sure to be a hit.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

There's nothing about this that isn't terrible. I didn't crop the top and bottom either, that's exactly how it was posted. :downs:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Konar posted:

Link the videos.

It's incredibly easy to backtrace to his Facebook and thus his real identity from his YouTube channel. And if he ever finds out I'm making fun of him without his knowledge, whatever little self-esteem he has may crack.

Also, they're really not funny bad. They're just plain mediocre. He barely talks and when he does all of the commentary is just bland but not irritatingly overplayed reactionary poo poo. It isn't worth it, it's really just not funny, it's sad.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I have no idea what this means. Help! Save me Car Goons! :saddowns:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Did anyone link the Moses Garza the 3 stuff already? Because that always makes me laugh no matter how many times I view it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

It's incredibly easy to backtrace to his Facebook and thus his real identity from his YouTube channel. And if he ever finds out I'm making fun of him without his knowledge, whatever little self-esteem he has may crack.

Also, they're really not funny bad. They're just plain mediocre. He barely talks and when he does all of the commentary is just bland but not irritatingly overplayed reactionary poo poo. It isn't worth it, it's really just not funny, it's sad.

That's what I'd figure. I have my real name on my Youtube account and give absolutely 0 shits. Yeah don't post his videos.

• Locked thread