Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

dijon du jour posted:

I have no idea what this means. Help! Save me Car Goons! :saddowns:

It's something people with diesel engines do. You tune it so when you mash the pedal it sends too much fuel to the engine and dumps a cloud of black smoke just like in that photo. There's no reason for it other than to just feel like a big dick pissing off anyone who doesn't hate the planet. For every smug Prius owner you meet, there's an rear end in a top hat out there counter-balancing them by actually poisoning the air for fun.

Also they... hate sluts I guess? I don't know, they look like fun attractive ladies to me.

Edit: there is no actual coal involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

davebo posted:

... There's no reason for it other than to just feel like a big dick pissing off anyone who doesn't hate the planet. ...

Also pissing off anyone who happens to be standing behind your car. That black smoke can't be good for your eyes... or lungs... or your general health. :ohdear:

Thanks for the explanation, though.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It's like the creation of a Captain Planet villain. Amazing.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This is fedoraguy/Rorschach profile pic guy again.

So are kilts the new fedora? i don't want to be behind in the trends here.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

York_M_Chan posted:

So are kilts the new fedora? i don't want to be behind in the trends here.

Don't google it. And it's not just the images :negative:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
We have a "punch-buggy" style game that revolves around spotting kilts, inappropriate hats (fedoras, top hats, tiny lady hats), goggles, waxed mustaches, ponytails on dudes, man-updos, and other sartorial blunders. I think a guy with a top hat, goggles, ponytail, and waxed mustache wearing a kilt, no shirt, and a cape and riding a unicycle is the ultimate winning hand in this game.

The saddest part is that, since I live in Cambridge, it is possible this magical thing could occur at any moment.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think a guy with a top hat, goggles, ponytail, and waxed mustache wearing a kilt, no shirt, and a cape and riding a unicycle is the ultimate winning hand in this game.

So if it involves a punch when you see a fedora...

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Apr 2, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

vaguely posted:

My favourite thing about 40K fanboys is just how seriously they take their magical grimdark space marine setting for 15-year-olds.

How can anyone possibly take WH40k seriously? Isn't the whole point of the setting that it's completely impossible to take seriously? It's a universe where painting a vehicle red makes it go faster and attaching a chainsaw to a gun is an upgrade.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Tiggum posted:

How can anyone possibly take WH40k seriously? Isn't the whole point of the setting that it's completely impossible to take seriously? It's a universe where painting a vehicle red makes it go faster and attaching a chainsaw to a gun is an upgrade.

Nerds have the ability to take anything seriously. Ironically grimdark future-space setting becomes straightforward grimdark future-space setting. Joking about how you'd totally marry an anime becomes talking seriously about how you've married an anime. Self-aware genderqueering among animation fans becomes dressing up as a cartoon pony.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Having read a more in-depth study done on a theoretical battle between Trek and Wars, the sheer amount of no research that went into that link is... I tried several different wordd but all I can really find to fit the feeling is :negative:

It may sound spergy as hell but the people that created these universes went pretty in depth and wrote technical details on nearly everything that exists in them. To disregard all of that detail is the height of intellectual dishonesty. I'm putting too much thought into this.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Combined with being short I'm just imagining a straight up Ewok sized duded flailing with a garden hose like a one man firefighting team.

This is what I thought of:

It's a beer here in Germany that comes in tiny bottles. The name translates out to "Dwarf Quencher".

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dijon du jour posted:

Also pissing off anyone who happens to be standing behind your car. That black smoke can't be good for your eyes... or lungs... or your general health. :ohdear:

Thanks for the explanation, though.

Don't feel too bad, it's also not good for their engines. All that soot gums up the rings and can eventually lead to a wondrous experience called Catastrophic Engine Failure. :allears:

Basically, the jackasses all eventually get what's coming to them.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I didn't see any rules in the OP about it, so if it's ok I would like to post an Idiot on Linkedin I found today. I was checking out the people that had looked at my profile recently and I saw a guy who was a public speaker and was in charge of a non- profit that teaches kids science. He also had this image up on his profile.

Do you guys want to hear me nitpick over those numbers? Or the fact that there isn't a Parliament in this country? Or should I just say it is so incredibly stupid to post something like that on a professional site and how does he have a job and I don't oh god...

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I love how this guy posts a nerd fact talking about how misogynistic comics were back in the day, and feels the need to defend them. "You don't understand, she NATURALLY had a talent for book keeping, that's how the writers wrote her! That's not sexist!" :downs:

:psyduck: Jesus Christ, STOP POSTING ABOUT WEIRD ANIME poo poo! He does this a lot, he's the same guy from earlier who posted the "Lolicon" wikipedia page. He also is the proud owner of an anime body pillow. So creepy.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Stealth Tiger posted:

I didn't see any rules in the OP about it, so if it's ok I would like to post an Idiot on Linkedin I found today. I was checking out the people that had looked at my profile recently and I saw a guy who was a public speaker and was in charge of a non- profit that teaches kids science. He also had this image up on his profile.

Do you guys want to hear me nitpick over those numbers? Or the fact that there isn't a Parliament in this country? Or should I just say it is so incredibly stupid to post something like that on a professional site and how does he have a job and I don't oh god...

So the word 'Parliament' doesn't tip you off on which country this image is about? :raise: Income tax isn't exclusive to one country and hating taxes in general could amount to supporting like minded people in other countries. Or am I missing something/giving them too much credit?

But you're right on the money about it being incredibly stupid putting it on a site trying for a more professional and less social image.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Stealth Tiger posted:

Do you guys want to hear me nitpick over those numbers? Or the fact that there isn't a Parliament in this country?

Well, after seeing posted here so many British xenophobes that steal American xenophobic macros, it's only natural that our xenophobes steal their British xenophobic macros. :patriot:

edit: Wait I just realized that it says "Indian Citizen" at the top. Good to see other countries getting in on the xenophobia.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Jul 9, 2013

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
A friend of mine who is really into anime and cosplay and stuff in Chicago just posted a link to this on Facebook. I want to believe that it's fake, but at this point I'm pretty sure that it's not.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

NeurosisHead posted:

A friend of mine who is really into anime and cosplay and stuff in Chicago just posted a link to this on Facebook. I want to believe that it's fake, but at this point I'm pretty sure that it's not.

You'd think people wouldn't need to be told to stay away from the guy in the Nazi uniform.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FrozenVent posted:

You'd think people wouldn't need to be told to stay away from the guy in the Nazi uniform.

He's trying to get into her lebensraum :pervert:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

FrozenVent posted:

It's his Hellsing cosplay, get it right! You're just like all those conventions that banned him for his totally sweet cosplay (and just for his totally sweet cosplay, no way he was creeping out all the lady cosplayers he was just trying to talk to those bitches), always gotta be judgin' a guy by what he likes enough to put on his body, enough with the Nazi-shaming already guys he's so oppressed :(

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Uncle Sam's Misguided Children got shut down on Facebook. Some of the people on my FB shared them constantly. I am glad they got shut down.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flaggy posted:

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children got shut down on Facebook. Some of the people on my FB shared them constantly. I am glad they got shut down.

It's back up again as Uncle Sam's Misguided Child.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Flaggy posted:

The official Uncle Sam's website had an article about this and it is glorious in how angry they are that their rights on a privately-owned site were taken away. They were saying that this should be a "wake-up call". Surprised they haven't gone to the TPC.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
A friend linked me to this image, so sorry for it looking like it fell off the jpeg tree and hit every compression artifact on the way down. It never fails to annoy me.

gobboboy
Jun 5, 2006

The pride of PITR
Holy poo poo what an insufferable turd.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I love car analogies. They're the best.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

trapped mouse posted:

I love how this guy posts a nerd fact talking about how misogynistic comics were back in the day, and feels the need to defend them. "You don't understand, she NATURALLY had a talent for book keeping, that's how the writers wrote her! That's not sexist!" :downs:

This really seems like he's just making a joke, not seriously defending it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

A friend linked me to this image, so sorry for it looking like it fell off the jpeg tree and hit every compression artifact on the way down. It never fails to annoy me.

167 people like this :(

And calling Left 4 Dead a casual game is blasphemy. Louis paid a heavy price for his addiction.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I love this. Aside from the usual "GRRL GAMES UGH", the "If you like [WIDE RANGE OF SEVERAL DIFFERENT KINDS OF GAMES] you're a casual." thing is the icing on the cake.

What the hell games does he consider SERIOUS BUSINESS then?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Macaluso posted:

I love this. Aside from the usual "GRRL GAMES UGH", the "If you like [WIDE RANGE OF SEVERAL DIFFERENT KINDS OF GAMES] you're a casual." thing is the icing on the cake.

I absolutely guarantee you Warhammer 40k is on that list.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Macaluso posted:

With a sample size of everyone I ever knew who played World of Warcraft, I wouldn't describe that relationship with any sort of words approaching "casual".

Furthermore, who cares? Choosing to entertain yourself a certain way doesn't make you special, smart, interesting, or more culturally worthy.

Are there book snobs the same way there are video game snobs who thumb their nose at people who don't complete 3 books a week?

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Macaluso posted:

Esoteric JRPGs

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Ever hear of a game called League of Legends?
Ever experience the blood, sweat, and tears that is EVO?

No? Perhaps you should stick with your Animal Crossing and unfertilized eggs (good luck with that BTW) :smuggo:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Experto Crede posted:

Esoteric JRPGs

Read: Atlus games.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
League of Legends is casual, but DOTA is the true gamer game. :smug:

I wonder what part of the brain you have to neglect or cut out to make someone talk like that. "Oh a feminist I see, good luck fertilizing your eggs :smuggo:"

I don't think either of those smilies begin to describe the face this guy must have.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Macaluso posted:

Really the best thing about it is you can tell he really can't find a good way to justify the crap he's spouting, so he just continuously dodges any questions with stuff like "Point proven. No further argument necessary you feminist. :smuggo: "

Kimmalah has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Jul 10, 2013

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Honestly? :wtc:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hm yes a feminist. No need to converse with your kind, casual :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Met posted:

Honestly? :wtc:

Maybe they're just really dumb and got Jewish mixed up with Jehovah's Witness? They both start with a J after all. Or he's just really dumb, anti-semitic and pulling the "lol Jews sure are greedy!" thing.

• Locked thread