Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Just caught up on this episode. Christ, that was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

lelandjs posted:

Is there anyone better at .gifs than me that could turn this into an avatar? The closest I got was, like, 500kb.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YES! Thank you. Now I just need a custom text. I think the mother quote might fit, but I'm open to suggestions.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

lelandjs posted:

YES! Thank you. Now I just need a custom text. I think the mother quote might fit, but I'm open to suggestions.

Tear down this wall!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This table is not Hank.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

quote:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(Flip the image or figure out how to flip the text)

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
I figure its going to be exactly what they said it was in the Halloween Episode.

One day Doc finds the twins on his door step and Myra (whos been slowly going crazy) at that point goes full crazy and ends up like those women you occasionally see on the news who want a baby so bad they kidnap one, or worse. Probably would make a decent prequel episode.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The boys really are the Monarch's sons, and he has been brain-wiped of them. This explains residual hatred of Rusty,and why he can't remember the youthful time with him.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but I was listening to Yeezus on the way home and realized that I had the perfect quote already.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Would that make Hatred a future transgendered Doc?

I'm not sure if Hatred is Rusty's mom, the Boy's Mom, and also somehow Jonas Sr.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not prepared to rule out the Marilyn Monroe, one whose clone accidentally overdosed. And also a burn victim probably.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Shindragon posted:

I still have yet to receive even my first shirt. :(

Same here. They emailed the tracking numbers but theres been no updates on shipping.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

frgildan posted:

Same here. They emailed the tracking numbers but theres been no updates on shipping.

Me too, though I got my second tracking number this morning.

What worries me a bit is that both emails included a bill over 165$.
The thing is, while I don't have to pay actual toll for things <150€ ($190), VAT of 19% still apply if it crosses the border (unless it's <22€).
I really hope they won't try to charge me 19% of $165 every time of those packets arrives at customs.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

Me too, though I got my second tracking number this morning.

What worries me a bit is that both emails included a bill over 165$.
The thing is, while I don't have to pay actual toll for things <150€ ($190), VAT of 19% still apply if it crosses the border (unless it's <22€).
I really hope they won't try to charge me 19% of $165 every time of those packets arrives at customs.

I just got my second email too and the first package shows as having left the states on the 4th. I'm in a similar boat to you regarding the import duties, if they put the price for all the shirts as the invoice total on each separate package this will cost me a fortune.

edit: just checked and it would cost me €35 extra per shirt in import duties if they put the full amount on each package :smith:

echomadman fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 10, 2013

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DarkCrawler posted:

Wow, are you going to be disappointed. :smith:

I know :smith: I just have hope that Doc was a good person at least once.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I would've sworn I saw a brief clip of Hank talking to Dermot's mom after having sex with her again post brain wipe, did anyone else see that? I think it was either in Sphinx Rising or the episode before it, but don't have them on my iPhone to check.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wade Wilson posted:

I would've sworn I saw a brief clip of Hank talking to Dermot's mom after having sex with her again post brain wipe, did anyone else see that? I think it was either in Sphinx Rising or the episode before it, but don't have them on my iPhone to check.

In What Color Is Your Cleansuit, in the opening Hank wakes up at Dermot's and is greeted by Dermot's Sister/Mom who starts hitting on him until Dermot's Mom/Grandmother interrupts.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

axleblaze posted:

In What Color Is Your Cleansuit, in the opening Hank wakes up at Dermot's and is greeted by Dermot's Sister/Mom who starts hitting on him until Dermot's Mom/Grandmother interrupts.

Nothing would have happened anyway because Hank didn't have the hat with him.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Firebatgyro posted:

Nothing would have happened anyway because Hank didn't have the hat with him.

gently caress me. What if Dermont's sister/mom is pregnant? :ohdear:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
So Dermott knows he's Doc's kid, but he still doesn't know his sister is his mom, and his mom his grandmother, right?

Like...right now, he's thinking ~19 years ago, Doc banged his nasty mom, right?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

So Dermott knows he's Doc's kid, but he still doesn't know his sister is his mom, and his mom his grandmother, right?

Like...right now, he's thinking ~19 years ago, Doc banged his nasty mom, right?

Yeah, Dermott is poised for a Jack Nicholson-style revelation.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006
So is there a preview for the next episode online somewhere? My TiVo hosed up and only recorded something like 3 minutes right in the middle of this last episode so I had to watch it on the Adult Swim site but I didn't see a preview there and haven't found one anywhere else.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Watching the Momma's Boy episode again today - did any body else notice the guy with the skull head runs out the asylum 3 times!?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Manwithastick posted:

Watching the Momma's Boy episode again today - did any body else notice the guy with the skull head runs out the asylum 3 times!?

It's an insane asylum for super villains I would have been more surprised if there hadn't been at least 3 skull headed villains there

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

ultramiraculous posted:

gently caress me. What if Dermont's sister/mom is pregnant? :ohdear:

That'd make the kid both dermott's niece/nephew, and his brother/sister. :banjo:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So how did Hank know that Myra wasn't his mom? I've watched the scene a few times, and first he says, "crap, I think that's my mom" immediately before saying "Yeah, she's not my mom."

Did he just decide that he didn't want her to be his mother after seeing how crazy she was, or did he have a specific reason that I missed?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hank and Dean are twins. If she didn't give birth to Dean than she didn't give birth to Hank either.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Jack Gladney posted:

So how did Hank know that Myra wasn't his mom? I've watched the scene a few times, and first he says, "crap, I think that's my mom" immediately before saying "Yeah, she's not my mom."

Did he just decide that he didn't want her to be his mother after seeing how crazy she was, or did he have a specific reason that I missed?

I was wondering this

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
The same way that a kid with a stepfather can feel free to say 'YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD!'

The writing is pretty straight forward, she introduced herself to the boys as their mother, even though they had no reason to believe it was true - hence when her sees her again "I think that's my mom...?"

Cue a few seconds later, she is being batshit again, all the crap from before comes flooding back and Hank rejects the idea that weirdo woman is his Mom.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 10, 2013

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
She wants dean put inside her so she can 'finally' give birth to him.
The 'finally' part tips hank off that she never birthed them in the first place

edit: lol you guys way overthink this poo poo sometimes

echomadman fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 10, 2013

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Manwithastick posted:

They mention in one of the commentary tracks that they have to design characters themselves. The offshore animators can't design for them, and they don't have the budget to hire anyone stateside to do it. So you get a lot of background characters showing up over and over again, as well as background characters getting fleshed out. When they need a new character, it's easier to just grab one that's already designed.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

echomadman posted:

We do it ironically to impact the show, obviously.

Anro
May 6, 2003
Oven Wrangler
Got my first package of shirts from the club. The first 3 shirts of the week in it, and one is the wrong size.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

echomadman posted:

On the opposite end of the spectrum it took me four viewings to figure out that Enrique is spanish for Henry.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

echomadman posted:

She wants dean put inside her so she can 'finally' give birth to him.
The 'finally' part tips hank off that she never birthed them in the first place

You're right: I just rewatched the scene and he says to himself "...finally give birth to my--I knew you weren't my mom!"

Also, the alter she rides in on has a sideways bathtub behind her, like all those homemade Virgin Mary shrines. I totally missed that the first time.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

LongDarkNight posted:

On the opposite end of the spectrum it took me four viewings to figure out that Enrique is spanish for Henry.

It's Enrico, which is Itallian for Henry, and Matassa which is a unit of yarn sometimes called a "Hank".

Edit: Not intending to imply I had any idea about the second one until I looked up the translation.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 11, 2013

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What makes "Enrico Matassa"/"Hank Hank" really funny is when you consider these little nuggets of information are exactly the type of thing that the bed teaches them and Dean was complaining about.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

drrockso20 posted:

It's an insane asylum for super villains I would have been more surprised if there hadn't been at least 3 skull headed villains there

Or, because he's insane, he kept running back in after running out. :downs:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
He also ran straight into a wall after taking his mask off so he's not that bright as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He also ran straight into a wall after taking his mask off so he's not that bright as well.

He was doing it ironically to impact the skull.