Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
Murata Redraw Thread Here

Onepunch-man is a manga remastered by Yusuke Murata based on the webcomic Wanpanman by ONE. It drew a lot of us in with it's self aware and funny writing style and Murata's ability to out-animate your standard anime using still manga pages. It became popular enough that someone started translating the ONE originals. Because of that, the first thread is now cluttered with ONE spoilers, so now we have this thread to keep that thread cleaner.

To be clear, this is the thread only for ONE's version of OPM. If you're going to read this thread, you need to be aware that there will be spoliers, probably both marked and unmarked, for the stuff that the Murata version hasn't gotten to and may not get to for a while.

You can read it all here. The translator decided to start in the arc after the Seafolk arc Murata is currently in, so there will be a gap between where that one is and this one starts. You can also look at the raw originals from ONE's F2C. That Saitama with the ice pop came from there, and that picture changes from time to time.

Notable Characters and Organizations the Redraw Version hasn't Gotten to yet
Heroes and Officials

"The Earth is in Trouble Prophecy Emergency Counter Measures Leader" Shicchi

The man in charge of the Heroes Association. Is very concerned with a prophecy saying the Earth is in danger, but no one but him seems to care as much as he does.

Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask

A-Class Rank 1 Hero. Has no mercy for anyone, hero or villain, who gets in the way of justice. Squats on his rank so the unworthy can't try to move to S-Rank.

King

Considered the most powerful man on the planet, he will totally wreck your poo poo with infinite combos. In fighting games. He's a normal guy that's so high ranked and with such a strong reputation due to a string of flukes. In that, he's basically he opposite of Saitama.

Blizzard of Hell

B Class Hero 1. Commands a subgroup of B Heroes that exists to game the system by using her accomplishments to raise their own rank. Is very aware that she's not actually that great.

Villains

Lord Boros

An invading alien overlord. The first person in the series to make Saitama use his lethal "Serious Series" of attacks.

Garou

The "Human Monster." Doesn't like that heroes always prevail because they are popular, and doesn't mix well with other real monsters because he doesn't want the strong to abuse the weak.

Monster Association

The Heroes Association's Legion of Doom. It's made up of 17 monsters all above Disaster Level Demon that want to destroy the Heroes Association because monsters do that.

onepixeljumpman fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

You need to put in the S-rank heros in their un murata'd state. They are important.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
My favourite thing about King is that he's taken credit(unintentionally) for pretty much all of Saitama's fights.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Spoilers as of 59:

Well, King got killed off really casually, I was actually pretty shocked to see that. When the heck did he even have an opportunity to die?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty sure that's a joke, he's not dead. He's knocked out from the hot pot fight in 57

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

King will be fine. Also look at his murata version right behind Saitama in the main thread. :v: So manly I weep

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RatHat posted:

Pretty sure that's a joke, he's not dead. He's knocked out from the hot pot fight in 57

Oh whoops, I thought he got hunted by Garou, I forgot the Hot Pot was after that. Phew.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I still can't get over the fact that Saitama's hero name is 'The caped baldy' :haw:

That being said, the story is really cool and the art has it's charm.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Chapter 62 is out

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It just keeps giving and giving like and endless store of awesome, and one day MURATA STYLE.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Chapter 63 is up too. Atomic Samurai is pretty cool and all, but the best part was definitely seeing Saitama show up in the last panel. poo poo's gonna blow up.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
thank you for this thread. ONE is amazing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Chapter 64

Homeless Emperor seems to be a cool dude, but who gave him those powers

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

AtomikKrab posted:

Chapter 64

Homeless Emperor seems to be a cool dude, but who gave him those powers

Probably Captain Planet. drat Humans wrecking the place.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

THE PIG GOD IS OUT OF SNACKS, while he is distracted by this tragedy a DL Dragon opponent comes and swallows him whole, but our mighty lard hero counters and it is a brawl of EAT or BE EATEN... and I guess saitama does some stuff and hey sweetmask is vulnerable to UGLY

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AtomikKrab posted:

THE PIG GOD IS OUT OF SNACKS, while he is distracted by this tragedy a DL Dragon opponent comes and swallows him whole, but our mighty lard hero counters and it is a brawl of EAT or BE EATEN... and I guess saitama does some stuff and hey sweetmask is vulnerable to UGLY

For some reason I'm thinking that Sweet Mask was really ugly before therefore his weakness. And man, can't wait for Saitama to start loving poo poo up. Murata has drawn the Pig God?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For some reason I'm thinking that Sweet Mask was really ugly before therefore his weakness. And man, can't wait for Saitama to start loving poo poo up. Murata has drawn the Pig God?

No Pig God was introduced at the start of this arc. Murata isn't anywhere near.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Terror Sweat posted:

Well, I was thinking on that promotional art that he has done with the other heroes. We saw a lot of the S-class heroes there.

EDIT:

Pig God is peeking on the center of the image.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 16, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terror Sweat posted:

No, he shows up at the S-class heroes meeting right after the sea king arc. He doesn't DO anything, but we'll at least see Murata draw him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

RatHat posted:

No, he shows up at the S-class heroes meeting right after the sea king arc. He doesn't DO anything, but we'll at least see Murata draw him.

Probably like a lot of heroes he was like "the gently caress am I supposed to do about a giant flying ufo."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope Saitama accidentally kills the guy around the corner.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

PaganGoatPants posted:

Saitama doesn't friendly fire on fellow heroes.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Almost.

NEW CHAPTER

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/182919/onepunch-man-one_ch66_by_anonymous

I don't know if I like how fast these chapters are coming out. Feels like I'm binging through and then when I finally catch up to where it's currently at, it's gonna turn into Berserk waiting.

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 17, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

I don't know if I like how fast these chapters are coming out. Feels like I'm binging through and then when I finally catch up to where it's currently at, it's gonna turn into Berserk waiting.

A blessing and a curse.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Terror Sweat posted:

Almost.

NEW CHAPTER

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/182919/onepunch-man-one_ch66_by_anonymous

Pretty much. ONE updates on his own schedule, and despite its success OPM is really low on his priority scale compared to stuff like his "main" series, Mob Psycho 100.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

AnonSpore posted:

Pretty much. ONE updates on his own schedule, and despite its success OPM is really low on his priority scale compared to stuff like his "main" series, Mob Psycho 100.

My girlfriend's been reading Mob Psycho 100 (in the original Japanese) and she really really loves it. I hope that when this gets caught up, the guys working on it move over to translate Mob Psycho, because ONE is really really good.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

It's probably because Mob Psycho is something he does for Ura Sunday and OPM is something he does on the side for an F2C, so he's not beholden to someone professionally to do it.

ONE's currently on Chapter 90 which came out back on May 9th. Chapter 88 came out some time around early January. So by choosing to read the ONE originals, we've basically traded mostly regular updates with inconsistent amounts of content for consistent amounts of content that will come out eventually I guess.

onepixeljumpman fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 17, 2013

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

How old is ONE? He doesn't have a page on Wikipedia or ANN, as far as I could tell.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

onepixeljumpman posted:

It's probably because Mob Psycho is something he does for Ura Sunday and OPM is something he does on the side for an F2C, so he's not beholden to someone professionally to do it.

ONE's currently on Chapter 90 which came out back on May 9th. Chapter 88 came out some time around early January. So by choosing to read the ONE originals, we've basically traded mostly regular updates with inconsistent amounts of content for consistent amounts of content that will come out eventually I guess.

Really? God dammit. :smithicide:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

gnome7 posted:

My girlfriend's been reading Mob Psycho 100 (in the original Japanese) and she really really loves it. I hope that when this gets caught up, the guys working on it move over to translate Mob Psycho, because ONE is really really good.

There must be some more artists he can pair up with. The air gear guy could probably stand to never write his own material again.

Also somebody please tell me that "darky" is just a really bad translation.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
I love how even in the origonal the art quality jumps along with Saitama's level of give a drat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Soylentbits posted:

There must be some more artists he can pair up with. The air gear guy could probably stand to never write his own material again.

His name is Super Alloy Dark Shine

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Soylentbits posted:

His name is Darkshine, so its probably just a bad translation of Dark-chan or something

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
"Shiney" would be a much better nickname-translation, really.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

His name is Darkshine, so its probably just a bad translation of Dark-chan or something

Basically this. The original line calls him "Kuro-chan" as a diminutive of his hero name "Chougoukin Kuro Hikari," or "Dark-chan" from "Super Alloy Darkshine." It's not necessarily inaccurate, just a moment of "Oops! Cultural connotations." Like gnome said, you can capture the same idea by calling him "Shiny" and maybe leaving a translator's note if it really irks you.

I didn't post these originally since we're not here for the art like with Murata's version, but if you ever want to see the original web comic for something like this, you can read it here. It's also where that picture of Saitama with the ice pop came from. I'll append it to the OP.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I have no idea how far the ONE translations have gotten so this might be a slight spoiler, but Darkshine got that way because he used to be a weak and skinny nerd who worked out so much that one day he got swole as gently caress but his skin turned shiny brown. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a riff on the body oil that professional bodybuilders use along with their ridiculous tans, not on black people.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

I have no idea how far the ONE translations have gotten so this might be a slight spoiler, but Darkshine got that way because he used to be a weak and skinny nerd who worked out so much that one day he got swole as gently caress but his skin turned shiny brown. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a riff on the body oil that professional bodybuilders use along with their ridiculous tans, not on black people.

The way he's draw he looks black now though...awkward. I was excited to see a black guy in Manga that kicked rear end :(

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I'm sure it's that. When he's introduced with the other S-Rankers right before the alien attack, he's concerned that he might not be the shiniest person in the room.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I'm reading ahead on the raws, and drat Garou becomes pretty drat demonic and the S-Class heroes really get the piss beaten out of them bad. Can't wait for Murata to catch up to this point, it's friggin' awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Whooooo! ONE updated with a new chapter. He hasn't abandoned this thing.