Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Ratedargh posted:

triplexpac posted:

I don't know if I could ever take Matt Striker as a serious wrestler

You jest, and maybe this just makes triplexpac's point, but at a house show I saw in 2007 or 2008 Striker and Jamie Noble had a heck of a match with a bunch of great chain-wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Perry Normal posted:

You jest, and maybe this just makes triplexpac's point, but at a house show I saw in 2007 or 2008 Striker and Jamie Noble had a heck of a match with a bunch of great chain-wrestling.

Yeah he's probably a capable wrestler, he's just been goofy announcer guy for so long that seeing him in, say, ROH would feel really weird to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It'll be even weirder because ROH had Matt Stryker on the roster one point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

It'll be even weirder because ROH had Matt Stryker on the roster one point.

They used him once and edited the match off the DVD, they used a lot of guys once.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Obviously we will all see Matt Striker in the ONE TRUE COMPANY soon. TNA!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MassRafTer posted:

They used him once and edited the match off the DVD, they used a lot of guys once.

Who was the weirdest one shot? ICP?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Who was the weirdest one shot? ICP?

Maybe Nosawa.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've watched Striker wrestle twice and he's really not bad. Unfortunately, he's not a big man and he's not terribly charismatic, so "not bad" isn't gonna cut it.

And yes, he's done a bunch of parodies but the Strykbu one was done over a few shows. Also it's memorable to me because apparently during a promo he farted and his Sheik-like stablemate said "Well, Fox News did say we had acquired chemical weapons" or somesuch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe Nosawa.
NOSAWA is good friends with guys like Joe and Punk though (Or was at that time) so it wasn't THAT weird.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

DM Punk posted:

Striker should get on a WiF! (or any of the Wrestling Is companies) show and do a full blown teacher gimmick again. He could school the crowd about ants, insects, boars, frogs, etc.

This sounds like a fun idea, actually.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Colt Cabana is a pretty cool guy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Colt Cabana is a pretty cool guy.

And a very talented wrestler who doesn't act anywhere near as bitter as anybody is making him out to be. How is "I love that no company forces me to tweet poo poo" bitter? I'm glad he isn't forced to shill dumb products and doesn't have to answer for his tweets to anybody in particular because that stuff is painful to read.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Another case of people making GBS threads on a guy for having legit grievances. Dude's good at what he does and all three major companies in the US have not let him do that on some level. I'd be far more bitter than Colt in the same situation.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also considering a big factor of what happened to him in WWE was based around casual antisemitism, why shouldn't he be mad?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Also considering a big factor of what happened to him in WWE was based around casual antisemitism, why shouldn't he be mad?

What's the story here?

Xacto Wife
Aug 19, 2005

I should be somewhere erasing indigenous people, not fetching super vagina.
Dusty allegedly called him "Kike Cabana"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

What's the story here?

Jews can't be wrestlers unless they're Barry Horowitz-esque jobbers is an attitude held by more than a few people in the back, I've gathered from various interviews.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

His gimmick was Scotty Goldman: Really Jewy Jew Guy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

What's the story here?

He was called into the office and asked "So I hear you're jewish?" and then was given the gimmick Fun-Loving Jew Guy who jobbed to The Great Khali that one time.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

oatgan posted:

He was called into the office and asked "So I hear you're jewish?" and then was given the gimmick Fun-Loving Jew Guy who jobbed to The Great Khali that one time.

Even saying he wasn't a "jewy" jew didn't help him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Xacto Wife posted:

Dusty allegedly called him "Kike Cabana"

That wasn't Dusty that was Al Snow.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Generico's probably lucky he's a pale ginger, imagine the potnetial horrible gimmicks he might end up with if he looked more sterotypically Arab.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I just discovered Val Venis's twitter account. Dude smokes more weed than RVD. Never thought I would say that, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt

Feel free to dig into the crazy that is his twitter account!

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

DarkstarIV posted:

So I just discovered Val Venis's twitter account. Dude smokes more weed than RVD. Never thought I would say that, but here we are.

He... He's insane. Like I think he may be more of an #AskQuestions type than Austin Aries.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just when you think you know the answers, Val Venis changes the questions.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I once knew someone who knew someone who took 3 marijuana pills and they roasted a human baby in an oven and ate it. Why does Val Venis support cannibalism of our infants?

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Cactus Jack posted:

I once knew someone who knew someone who took 3 marijuana pills and they roasted a human baby in an oven and ate it. Why does Val Venis support cannibalism of our infants?

I used to be a fan of Val Venis, but now I can't watch any of his matches because of his terrible crimes.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Val Weedis

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DarkstarIV posted:

quote:

WOW...WTF??? #TyrantObama has just quietly signed an executive order to SHUT DOWN all communications in America. #UnfreakingBelievable

...yeah, no.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

dsriggs posted:

...yeah, no.

drat, I didn't know Val Venis was my uncle Joe.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
I could have sworn that Val Venis being a Republican/Libertarian/Tea Partier/Truther/#AskQuestions kinda guy came up before, I think maybe during the 2008 election but not 100% sure.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I could have sworn that Val Venis being a Republican/Libertarian/Tea Partier/Truther/#AskQuestions kinda guy came up before, I think maybe during the 2008 election but not 100% sure.

Yea, I'm pretty sure I read about it in some thread here. I didn't, however, remember him being that batshit.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Foley's first book mentioned how Val would go on and on about being Canadian and wanting to move to the British West Indies as a tax shelter.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Val's AMA consisted of

1.) weed
2.) #TyrantObama
3.) Canada Needs Someone Like Ron Paul
4.) Buy my book for the answer to that question

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Let's not forget that Val Venis was pretty awesome. Seriously choppy choppy my pee pee was something that had me legit worried for a week and his entrance music was among the best of all. His finisher was also pretty rockin. The Money Shot! Lol what a name. He used hit that splash pretty hard as well, especially for a bigger dude. Venis fan here.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Personally I think his best work was as Eric Bischoff's evil assistant, Chief Morley.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Like others have said, he's been a "Libertarian" for a long time. I remember in his shoot video that he said all he read were political books (Think Sean Hannity and the like) and tried to supply an air of sophistication about his political beliefs, even though they weren't above "The government sucks and is here to rob us" type poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MacDougall posted:

Let's not forget that Val Venis was pretty awesome. Seriously choppy choppy my pee pee was something that had me legit worried for a week and his entrance music was among the best of all. His finisher was also pretty rockin. The Money Shot! Lol what a name. He used hit that splash pretty hard as well, especially for a bigger dude. Venis fan here.

No, let's go ahead and forget that.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Poor man's Rick Rude, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I too legitimately thought that WWF had a man castrated for ratings.