Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like that the Jon Hodgman character had trouble working with the computer and said he hated the operating system (Brock speaks over this part). I have that same problem with all the windows disappearing when I'm forced to use a Mac. :D

For those of you that don't appear to know who he is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jonas has dozens of half-siblings he doesn't know about and he bedded several them.

Edit: Oops, I thought we were still making up crazy venture theories

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Install Gentoo posted:

If you ever see something in the Venture Bros that could be a music reference? It is. It always is.

Here come the warm jets!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I can't stop cracking up at the funeral scene.

Boggles you fiend! What does it mean!?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The best part is the funeral music. Mother of god, I really can't stop laughing at the music.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Like how Jason Todd/Damian Wayne already knew the answer but Capt. Sunshine goes into overly dramatic Adam West mode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BooDoug187 posted:

Like how Jason Todd/Damian Wayne already knew the answer but Capt. Sunshine goes into overly dramatic Adam West mode.
I'd say he looked to be more of a Venture Dick Grayson to me, with all the balancing stuff, but technically the current Captain Sunshine is Venture Dick Grayson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JT Jag posted:

I'd say he looked to be more of a Venture Dick Grayson to me, with all the balancing stuff, but technically the current Captain Sunshine is Venture Dick Grayson.

I would say that his mask looked closer to Damien Wayne.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I thought Vendata, at the end of the episode, looked facially similar to the Monarch.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

ODC posted:

Based on this picture alone I'm thinking that Jonas had an affair with the Monarch's mom at some point and The Monarch and Rusty are half brothers.

It's interesting that Jonas and the woman are holding drinks but the other guy is not. They both have their hand on her but Jonas' is higher and she's facing Jonas and laughing with him. The mother is also placed in the middle of everyone/everything.

Looking at that picture, a thought that struck me was so much importance is placed solely on Jonas Sr. back in when he was alive that I wonder if it's possible he had a brother or sister that was just forgotten about or ignored, too.

So, looking at that picture I wonder if that the woman might be Jonas Sr's. sister.

Also, something that struck me with the Killinger reveal and something I was maybe just reminded of from a clip from Bright Lights Dean City. The Revenge Society had plans for killing Girl Hitler, Monarch, Jonas Jr, the Council and the Sovereign...

But Rusty remains seemingly spared their plans for revenge. Admittedly, he's probably low on their list of people they'd want revenge on, and maybe they think him leading a long and continued life is the worst punishment they can dish out and isn't much of a threat to them in any way. But Killinger at one time wanted to groom Rusty to arch JJr., so I wonder if they've considered Rusty joining their ranks in some way. If they hadn't gotten Impossible to join them, a villain Rusty might have been a lesser, but acceptable, replacement in terms of corrupted superscientist with industrial resources.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So, coincidence or does the Guild hang out in Hidden Valley?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
I'm fairly certain the Monarch's parents are sitting in the speedboat during the first flashback in "Spanakopita!".

I just think it's cool that the Vendata/Venture connection actually panned out as something interesting. Really, it took the picture reveal from "SPHINX Rising" and swerved from the obvious Rusty/Monarch plot twists to deliver a truly surprising resolution.

Dr. Discomfort
Sep 19, 2005
I am a nice man with happy feelings all of the time

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Funny you should say that, I swear Vendata sounds like a Securitron, which means we're probably both missing a reference to something else that New Vegas was referencing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dr. Discomfort posted:

Funny you should say that, I swear Vendata sounds like a Securitron, which means we're probably both missing a reference to something else that New Vegas was referencing.

The fact that eventually Rusty will become Dr 0?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

I'm glad Orpheus showed up even for just a little bit, but I'm jonesing for some Pirate Captain.
He was there, didn't you recognize his voice? Obviously, Don Hell is an alias of Pirate Captain.

Sash! posted:

Billy has a mother. Only character other than the Monarch to specifically say so.
What about Gary?

Dr. Discomfort
Sep 19, 2005
I am a nice man with happy feelings all of the time

Ensign_Ricky posted:

The fact that eventually Rusty will become Dr 0?

You mean Doctor Zero! 0 with a slash through it. Any number multiplied by zero is zero! He is the destroyer of numbers.

What a great game. I think I'll play it again right now. See you all in a year!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Does anyone have any good screencaps of Vendata's hovercar thing?

Kristofenpheiffer
Sep 12, 2004
The Hemogoblin

X_Toad posted:

What about Gary?

That voice will be revealed to have been coming from an A.I. built into the house that raised him.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dr. Discomfort posted:

You mean Doctor Zero! 0 with a slash through it. Any number multiplied by zero is zero! He is the destroyer of numbers.

What a great game. I think I'll play it again right now. See you all in a year!

We're all agreed though that Fallout and VB are the same universe though, right?

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

priznat posted:

I loved how the disguised Ghost Robot was fascinated by his fingers/thumb, hilarious. GR is awesome.

Fingers... fingers...

That really made me laugh too.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Now that you mention it, looks a lot like the entrance to the Brotherhood of Steel bunker from the first Fallout game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gorilla Salad posted:

Does anyone have any good screencaps of Vendata's hovercar thing?

TOO soon!

I do enjoy that the Wrassle father was unfazed by Clue Clown popping out of the coffin.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 16, 2013

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rebel Blob posted:

Now that you mention it, looks a lot like the entrance to the Brotherhood of Steel bunker from the first Fallout game.

Further supporting evidence of my shared universe theorem!

Of course, they also share the Evil Dead universe, so the whole thing gets really hosed at that point.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Thanks, I just couldn't make heads nor tails out of it when they quickly flashed onto it in the show. I'm sure it's based on some obscure, lovely Sci Fi show from the 70s, but I can't place it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

My favorite part was the double bit of Red Mantle yelling "Too soon!" at the Jack in the Box bit while Dragoon replied "He was wrong!" to his note about "always having the last laugh."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Thanks, I just couldn't make heads nor tails out of it when they quickly flashed onto it in the show. I'm sure it's based on some obscure, lovely Sci Fi show from the 70s, but I can't place it.

...maybe? A lot of the little details match up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Danzou posted:

I'm fairly certain the Monarch's parents are sitting in the speedboat during the first flashback in "Spanakopita!".

HEY! SPANAKOPITA! :haw:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Friends Are Evil posted:

The best part is the funeral music. Mother of god, I really can't stop laughing at the music.

Also

Too soon!

and

He always said he'd get the last laugh.
He was always wrong!

This episode started strong and just kept going.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Pastry of the Year posted:

...maybe? A lot of the little details match up.

This was my thought also.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I want to see more of captain sunshine and Damien Wayne wonderboy, possibly with anatomically correct spiderman.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Optimus Subprime posted:

I want to see more of captain sunshine and Damien Wayne wonderboy, possibly with anatomically correct spiderman.

Man, this just shows how out of the loop I am in comics.

There's another Robin, and it's a Wayne? I'm guessing some sort of long-lost clone of Bruce scenario?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Man, this just shows how out of the loop I am in comics.

There's another Robin, and it's a Wayne? I'm guessing some sort of long-lost clone of Bruce scenario?
You are way out of date. No, it's Bruce and Talia al Ghul's son. And he was beaten to dead after 4 glorious years as Robin.

I'd like to jump on the baseless theories wagon. So, if Vendata is the Monarch's dad, we could guess that maybe Rusty was responsible the plane crash. That's why Vendata tried to strangled Rusty upon seeing him. Rusty did something careless and childlike, something similar to leaving a plastic action figure in the wiring (I forget the episode where he does this). Rusty's carelessness leads to the crash, which results in the death of Vendata's wife, the creation of Vendata, and the Monarch's hatred of Rusty.

That said, I can't wait to find out that Vendata was actually JFK Jr. and Jonas snagged his body in a time traveling incident and just figured, well, I better put it to some use!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Scroto Baggins posted:

Rusty did something careless and childlike, something similar to leaving a plastic action figure in the wiring (I forget the episode where he does this).

Careers In Space.

Sharky's Machiiiine!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

JediTalentAgent posted:

Looking at that picture, a thought that struck me was so much importance is placed solely on Jonas Sr. back in when he was alive that I wonder if it's possible he had a brother or sister that was just forgotten about or ignored, too.

So, looking at that picture I wonder if that the woman might be Jonas Sr's. sister.

I like where this is going except for one minor detail: the show is called The Venture Brothers. Hank and Dean, Rusty and Jonas Jr., Jonas Sr. and Mr. The Monarch's Dad (Who you should never ask to do the shopping, since he'll "accidentally" grab a bottle of diet soda), Col. Lloyd Venture and whoever his brother is (Crowley? Tesla?).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I just realized we're not getting a Sgt. Hatred origin episode this year. :(

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

LashLightning posted:

Have the Dienamonster or the Slaughter Engine,

bobkatt013 posted:

Where was best villain?

Could it be?

If her mode of transportation isn't a motor scooter they're missing out on some pun territory.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Knife Bear isn't a Guild villain of course.

He's a force of nature, unconstrained by the rule of law, be it law of man or God.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.

Scroto Baggins posted:

You are way out of date. No, it's Bruce and Talia al Ghul's son. And he was beaten to dead after 4 glorious years as Robin.

I'd like to jump on the baseless theories wagon. So, if Vendata is the Monarch's dad, we could guess that maybe Rusty was responsible the plane crash. That's why Vendata tried to strangled Rusty upon seeing him. Rusty did something careless and childlike, something similar to leaving a plastic action figure in the wiring (I forget the episode where he does this). Rusty's carelessness leads to the crash, which results in the death of Vendata's wife, the creation of Vendata, and the Monarch's hatred of Rusty.

That said, I can't wait to find out that Vendata was actually JFK Jr. and Jonas snagged his body in a time traveling incident and just figured, well, I better put it to some use!

And rusty is a clone. Hence the "metal man from my nightmares" and having no clear recollection of the strangling.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Opinions on a title to go with this?

Billy Quizboy posted:

Don't let his title fool you, I'm the smart one.

Billy Quizboy posted:

You gonna let us in, or you just gonna stand there letting the flies out?

Billy Quizboy posted:

Nyak-ack-ack-nyak-ack-ack!

Also while I was at it:

(Check out Doc's expressions!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Fantasy Football
Oct 3, 2006

Red posted:

I just realized we're not getting a Sgt. Hatred origin episode this year. :(

We already know his origin. His name is Courtney, he was in OSI, injected with a super-solider serum, went evil and joined the Guild, not as much evil in his old bones anymore, wife left him, went back to OSI, is now Uncle Vatred.