Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Where is DM Punk anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Probably outside Kharma's house, asking when she's coming back to wrestling again.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Don't do this.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Let's keep in mind that LuFisto nearly retired due to a back injury, and then suffered a stroke that probably hangs over her head every day, and then suffered a knee injury during Wrestlemania weekend.

Not that she's the only wrestler who ever had problems or injuries, but that's a lot of heavy physical stuff to deal with in addition to the emotional. Now that she's starting to get up there in age and pain, I wonder how she reacted to losing the Gut Check vote for TNA or if she's ever had a strong interest in trying to join one of the big two.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I can't copy and paste on my phone, but it seems Jericho is tweeting that his deal with WWE is up as of last night

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Mayo and Catsup posted:

I can't copy and paste on my phone, but it seems Jericho is tweeting that his deal with WWE is up as of last night

@IAmJericho posted:

So long to @WWE for now…2013 was one of my favorite in ring yrs ever! Thx for always sticking w Y2J & see u on the road soon w @FOZZYROCK!

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

going on tour with fozzy for at least 4 months (he said so monday afternoon on a sirius xm radio show)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
He's going to get at least 3 more awful tattoos before he returns.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The red highlighting on his left bicep tattoo makes it look like it's forever healing.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The red highlighting on his left bicep tattoo makes it look like it's forever healing.

Or forever refusing to heal.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I hope he remains healthy and well and comes back when 70 and talks about youngin's getting all up on his lawn while wearing a topknot.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Punk's got a bit of an ankle problem

@CMPunk posted:

Cro-Mags. All day. This can't stop me.

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 17, 2013

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@Ultramantis posted:

When Reckless was training me over a decade ago his @RealKingRegal stories made me want to wrestle him. Now I want to record shop with him.

I'd so love to see that on camera.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Colt posted this video on Twitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZcROvyI3iw

The title made me roll my eyes so hard... Wrestling's Last Real Heel eh??

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

triplexpac posted:

Colt posted this video on Twitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZcROvyI3iw

The title made me roll my eyes so hard... Wrestling's Last Real Heel eh??

Everyone can jump on the Hate Colt Cabana bandwagon as much as they like but getting a loving dart thrown at your mouth and having it poke you in the lip is so amazingly disgusting and dangerous I can't even find the right words to get properly ragey about it, ESPECIALLY at a JCW show. All this proves is what a bunch of jackasses the Gathering of Juggalos crowd are and that they're nothing but a bunch of lowlife scum who collectively need to be shot out of a cannon. Honest to god worthless people.

abraxas fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 18, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
People who hate on Colt Cabana are terrible people. Dude's pretty awesome.

That ring must be absolutely covered in hot piss by the end of it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

People who hate on Colt Cabana are terrible people. Dude's pretty awesome.

That ring must be absolutely covered in hot piss by the end of it.

It sucks he got hit in the mouth, but the guy has become so bitter and whiny about not making it in WWE that his show has become unlistenable. He's got a very niche ring style and that's fine, but I don't know why he gets so salty when it doesn't appeal to everyone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

abraxas posted:

Everyone can jump on the Hate Colt Cabana bandwagon as much as they like but getting a loving dart thrown at your mouth and having it poke you in the lip is so amazingly disgusting and dangerous I can't even find the right words to get properly ragey about it, ESPECIALLY at a JCW show. All this proves is what a bunch of jackasses the Gathering of Juggalos crowd are and that they're nothing but a bunch of lowlife scum who collectively need to be shot out of a cannon. Honest to god worthless people.

But don't you see he's getting some good heat like in the good old territory days where a guy knew he was doing good work because people would try to stab him!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

It sucks he got hit in the mouth, but the guy has become so bitter and whiny about not making it in WWE that his show has become unlistenable. He's got a very niche ring style and that's fine, but I don't know why he gets so salty when it doesn't appeal to everyone.

People keep asking about it and a lot of it has come out at the same time with the Steen and the Meltzer interview. He's not any more bitter than he's ever been. Dude's still amazing.

Always shocks me about how quick people are to poo poo on a guy for being bitter about something that they have a legit reason to be bitter about. WWE fired him because he was an indie guy who wasn't supposed to get over or a Jew depending on who's asking. TNA hasn't hired him because they're a bunch of loving idiots. ROH fired him because Jim Cornette is the real bitter idiot of all of this. Have you all never had a bit of adversity in you life? Have you always been magnanimous in defeat at the levels he's at?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

People keep asking about it and a lot of it has come out at the same time with the Steen and the Meltzer interview. He's not any more bitter than he's ever been. Dude's still amazing.

No, he's absolutely more bitter. When even Steen is telling him, in so many words, to jack it down, and Colt is admitting to it, maybe he should try doing something else.

quote:

Always shocks me about how quick people are to poo poo on a guy for being bitter about something that they have a legit reason to be bitter about. WWE fired him because he was an indie guy who wasn't supposed to get over or a Jew depending on who's asking. TNA hasn't hired him because they're a bunch of loving idiots. ROH fired him because Jim Cornette is the real bitter idiot of all of this. Have you all never had a bit of adversity in you life? Have you always been magnanimous in defeat at the levels he's at?

I have never once heard of him being fired for 'being a Jew', though I absolutely believe that's what Cabana thinks. TNA hasn't hired him because what the gently caress are they going to do with a one-note comedy character when they're already not using Eric Young? Joseph Park is funnier than Colt is.

And no, I have never experienced any adversity in my life. Thanks for asking.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Isn't Zack Ryder in a similar position to Colt? Why do most seem to dislike Ryder but its OK for Colt to be angry about what happened?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

oldpainless posted:

Isn't Zack Ryder in a similar position to Colt? Why do most seem to dislike Ryder but its OK for Colt to be angry about what happened?

Zack doesn't talk about how happy he is with his life in one breath then turn around and start bitching about being released the next. Zack's just all whine all the time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Zack Ryder still has a job and Art Of Wrestling is still worthwhile entertainment whereas Z!TLIS died a death.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't really get the Colt Is a Bitter Whiny Jerk thing. Dude went through WWE developmental when it was at its absolute worst. Being told you're not good enough to pursue your 10 year+ dream while watching underwear models go on to million dollar contracts, that's some serious poo poo to put up with.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Zack made a misogynistic music video, whines all the time and as Mick Foley revealed never goes to Vince McMahon with any of his problems. Zack had a point at the start of it all but somewhere along the way became a complete dickhead about it.

Colt just talks on a podcast and admits to being unhappy that he got so close to his dream of being in the WWE and having that dream taken from him and that's proven too much for some internet nerds who would obviously never whine or complain if that happened to them.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

colt still rules

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It really sucks that his dream got crushed, and maybe it's therapeutic for him to air his grievances all the time, but it's not really fun to see anymore. At first it was interesting, but now it's like... we get it, Colt. We get it.

I'll admit I got sick of it and stopped listening to Colt a while ago, maybe he's gotten better. I wasn't even originally posting about this, I just thought "THE LAST REAL HEEL" thing was so lame in that video haha. Maybe he was intentionally trying to be lame and that's the joke

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

It really sucks that his dream got crushed, and maybe it's therapeutic for him to air his grievances all the time, but it's not really fun to see anymore. At first it was interesting, but now it's like... we get it, Colt. We get it.

I'll admit I got sick of it and stopped listening to Colt a while ago, maybe he's gotten better. I wasn't even originally posting about this, I just thought "THE LAST REAL HEEL" thing was so lame in that video haha. Maybe he was intentionally trying to be lame and that's the joke

That's my feeling about it. It's been years since he was let go, he seems to be doing okay (and better than most) on the indy circuit, and he gets to wrestle all over the world without being under Vince's thumb. I don't need to hear this guy complaining.

When Kevin goddamn Steen (a guy who should be just as bitter about Cornette if not more so) was the more reasonable one in their interview, I was done.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

I don't really get the Colt Is a Bitter Whiny Jerk thing. Dude went through WWE developmental when it was at its absolute worst. Being told you're not good enough to pursue your 10 year+ dream while watching underwear models go on to million dollar contracts, that's some serious poo poo to put up with.

A lot of people went through Developmental at its worst. As a worker, his ceiling in WWE was and always will be fairly low. I don't think he can really accept that. Scotty Goldman, to me, was just an exaggerated version of what Colt always was and instead of realizing he kind of pigeonholed himself to get over on the indies, he just blames the WWE poo poo on a bad gimmick. Obviously it was a stupid gimmick, but if Colt wasn't the way he was on the indies, that Scotty Goldman thing probably doesn't happen.

Now he's got some bitter thing going with ROH because of a guy that doesn't even work there anymore and because his WWE experience makes him assume things about ROH now that they're owned by a major media company. Listening to him bullshit on AOW while Steen basically negated all of his Sinclair-related reasons made it pretty clear to me that the guy just likes to feel slighted.

I quite enjoy him when he's not talking about himself and I'm fairly indifferent about his work, I just think he sounds like someone who is having a rough time coming to grips with the fact that his expectations for himself in the industry don't line up with reality.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I don't hate Ryder or blame him for being somewhat bitter (assuming this isn't all just a weird work), but I've personally never found him entertaining in or out of the ring and I wouldn't miss him if he never showed up again.

Colt's a pretty good wrestler and a great comedy act who I enjoy watching. Do I think he sounds overly bitter at times? Sure. I don't really get wh he's so reluctant to give ROH another chance if one of his friends who went through the same exact poo poo says things are better now that Cornette's gone.

As coconono said he had the misfortune to be in developmental at it's absolute nadir under Johnny Ace, so even while they've made genuine improvements there under Hunter I can't blame him for being pissed at how he was hosed over. It's admittedly not the most entertaining topic to discuss on a podcast though.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I have never once heard of him being fired for 'being a Jew', though I absolutely believe that's what Cabana thinks.
We talked about this earlier, but yes casual anti-semitism in WWE is definitely part of the reason he wasn't given a chance.

I swear people look for any excuse to jump on the dude. We're talking about this now because he had the audacity to hype his video using the phrase "Wrestling's Last Real Heel" because people got legitimately violent at him for his act. And now he's being compared to Zack "being bitter at creative is my gimmick" Ryder because he talks about his WWE experience in less-than-positive light? Give me a loving break!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

No, he's absolutely more bitter. When even Steen is telling him, in so many words, to jack it down, and Colt is admitting to it, maybe he should try doing something else.

I have never once heard of him being fired for 'being a Jew', though I absolutely believe that's what Cabana thinks. TNA hasn't hired him because what the gently caress are they going to do with a one-note comedy character when they're already not using Eric Young? Joseph Park is funnier than Colt is.

And no, I have never experienced any adversity in my life. Thanks for asking.

He was called a kike by somebody who was supposed to be a mentor to him. He was denied the chance to do what he had worked a decade plus to get to because creative had nothing for a guy who otherwise fits the profile of what they look for: Tall, technically gifted, willing to do jobs, more than willing to do comedy. I don't think Colt feels that he should be WWE champion in perpetuity; he just wanted a shot. They didn't really give him one.

Then, the company that he had previously always been able to count on fired him for an arbitrary, nebulous reason, despite the fact that he was part of the hottest feud the company had at the time.

But, hey, by all means, continue to compare him to a guy who's had a WWE main roster contract since 2007, had a successful Youtube show, was put over a multiple-time world champion for his only a singles belt in his hometown, was in a stable with the hottest bad guy the WWE has had in the past decade, and continues to make money off merch. Colt is doing okay, but it's because he works hard and decided to take responsibility for his own success.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Yea but he never stops whining about it and if you don't understand why that puts people off i don't know what to tell you

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yuriy posted:

Yea but he never stops whining about it and if you don't understand why that puts people off i don't know what to tell you

People keep asking him about it, both peers and fans alike. What's he supposed to do? Pretend everything is okay?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

People keep asking him about it, both peers and fans alike. What's he supposed to do? Pretend everything is okay?

I don't know what the set up for it is, it's just annoying to hear.

If it's any consolation I hate Zach Ryder way way more

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Yuriy posted:

I don't know what the set up for it is, it's just annoying to hear.

If it's any consolation I hate Zach Ryder way way more

That's not the point: People keep asking him, and in Colt's case, he did what was asked for him by 2 companies and received NOTHING. Zack has what thousands of trashbag leather pants wearing indy guys would LOVE to have. Comparing the two is a non-starter. Or should be.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

i'm angry about a wrestler, let me go watch this wrestler so i can continue to think about him

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

The thing I hate most about Zack Ryder is when people spell it Zach.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's not the point: People keep asking him, and in Colt's case, he did what was asked for him by 2 companies and received NOTHING. Zack has what thousands of trashbag leather pants wearing indy guys would LOVE to have. Comparing the two is a non-starter. Or should be.

Actually, he was paid by both of those companies to do what he was asked to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Hey Zeb Colter, what do you think of Colt Cabana?

Zeb Colter @WWEZeb posted:

"@Thechris316: @WWEZeb What do you think of Colt Cabana?" WHO???

Okay, how about other non-WWE people or things?

"@ATinMA_15: @WWEZeb What do you think of Kevin Steen? (@FightSteenFight)". SERIOUSLY, WHO???

"@thebrokenruhl: @WWEZeb @FightSteenFight Zen, we all know you know who Kevin Steen is, no way you don't know of him" DON'T KNOW HIM. SORRY

"@LPipkin97: @WWEZeb I'm just saying why ignore them they have some good talent". WHO?

"@wrestlingteen: @WWEZeb Would you also consider Hulk Hogan a real american?". Who???

"@GabrielC1997: @WWEZeb what do you think Of #TNA?". WHO??