Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TheHoosier posted:

I know it's in the OP to not ask about about system releases for the 3DS eShop, but I really hope they eventually put Sega Genesis games on the eShop soon. It's pretty sad when Steam has a huge variety of old Sega games for sale and a handheld boasting a library of old console games doesn't.

I know it's still relatively new but come on, Nintendo. I don't want to play Light Crusader or Phantasy Star on PC.

I agree with you. If they added Genesis (or SNES or GBA) games, I would be buying a lot more vc games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Spacebump posted:

I agree with you. If they added Genesis (or SNES or GBA) games, I would be buying a lot more vc games.

Hell, I always buy the Sega Genesis Collection releases on the consoles. I had it on PS2, PS3, AND PSP. There's not usually much of a difference but Genesis had some really solid RPG and action titles. Makes me sad that Nintendo is just farting around with their meager VC offerings.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I do not understand Flower Town at all... It's just I can't understand how this is even a game.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
With the help of friends I managed to make something that looks like weed with pretty white flowers. That is the point of the game.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Astro7x posted:

I do not understand Flower Town at all... It's just I can't understand how this is even a game.

It actually has some sort of systems to it. The objective is to have attained every type of flower (and every color flower within those flowers). To do this, you will StreetPass people to collect seeds which can mingle with your flower. Your flower can only produce so many seeds before you have to start a new one. So you can try to accomplish flowers solely by StreetPassing, or by selling seeds you won't need, to make money to buy seeds (I think? Didn't actually check if seeds are for sale) you will use. You can also spend your money on decorative poo poo but I don't know what that all does yet!

So basically there's a surprising amount to it. It's just not as overt a game as Mii Force and Haunted whatever are. (Haunted whatever is legit one of my favorites though. I like goofy room poo poo.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo PAL Wii U dudes, I'm reading that motherfucking EARTHBOUND is up on the eShop now, with no warning whatsoever. Anyone wanna confirm/deny? It might not be "public" just yet, you may have to search for it.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's not there, just went and searched. It is listed in the update news on the eShop for some reason though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Figures. NOE hates everyone.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Being optimistic, its slipping in there could be an indicator that it's not too far away, though. Or maybe someone just hates us.

Man, Shantae and Earthbound would've been an amazing one-two punch of a VC week.

e: So, uh.

Huh. Still not up here in Australia though.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 18, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I thought only Square-Enix games were eligible for the Square-Enix Tax. Oh well.

NOA still hasn't sent out the press release... way to drop the ball, dorks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Box of Bunnies posted:

Being optimistic, its slipping in there could be an indicator that it's not too far away, though. Or maybe someone just hates us.

Man, Shantae and Earthbound would've been an amazing one-two punch of a VC week.

e: So, uh.

Huh. Still not up here in Australia though.

I like that they made it more expensive than other SNES VC games. That's kind of bs.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Aaaahhhhhhhhh this is amazing, I was wondering when it would come out. Can anyone actually confirm if it's up in NA?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The NA eShop generally doesn't update until a few hours after the press release, so I doubt it'll be live just yet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The PAL eShop outright says it'll be up at 4pm. So about 20 minutes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Hahahaha, of course it's :10bux:

(Still worth it)

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Box of Bunnies posted:

It's not there, just went and searched. It is listed in the update news on the eShop for some reason though.

It says 16:00 UTC, so it'll be up in a little more than an hour.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
EarthBound is out for NA as well
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/82s5n1dbV4gstayVNhVYtOneSXTIXACS

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Waterfall of Salt posted:

It says 16:00 UTC, so it'll be up in a little more than an hour.

Ah, cool. Didn't say that when I looked before.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So is today the day Nintendo gives a big middle finger to ebay with both Earthbound and Shantae being released. Now only if Sony can follow suite and release Suikoden 2 next week.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hahahaha, of course it's :10bux:

(Still worth it)

Completely and totally. I wonder what incurred the extra cost, maybe that liscensing stuff?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Yeah, but you still have to buy a WiiU. You could get a cart Earthbound for that price.

I hope someone documents all the edits/changes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's £7 in Europe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit Nintendo, I just bought Project X Zone and SMTIV, don't give me another loving game I want to buy for my 3DS.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's only on the Wii U, that saves me a lot of trouble on the decision of buying it thankfully.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Harlock posted:

Yeah, but you still have to buy a WiiU. You could get a cart Earthbound for that price.

I hope someone documents all the edits/changes.

Going to guarantee the only changes that are made are the ones from the original cartridge on the SNES

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

njsykora posted:

It's £7 in Europe.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that the same or more than the usual SNES VC release over there?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but is that the same or more than the usual SNES VC release over there?

They're usually £5.49

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

There's an EU and US Direct "minis" up on Youtube.

One interesting bit on the US stream is that Earthbound comes with the strategy guide.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EU Direct Mini summary:

-Shibata dicking around in Animal Crossing, showing off image uploading, etc
-Streetpass Relay announcement; Nintendo Zone hotspots will automatically store and share Streetpass data with anyone who passes. Will launch "in the next few weeks"
-Sega 3D Classics (3DS eShop)! Altered Beast, Ecco, Galaxy Force II, Shinobi III, Sonic the Hedgehog, Space Harrier, Streets of Rage, Super Hang-On, coming "soon"
-Pikmin 3 multiplayer overview; talks about different modes, amount of content, etc. Includes worldwide leaderboards for challenge stages, as well as online completion data for story mode.
-Pikmin 3 keyrings available from Club Nintendo in August
-Wonderful 101 (Wii U) extended trailer; upcoming 101 Direct promised (again)
-Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101 eShop promotion! Buy Pikmin 3 on eShop between July 26-September 21, get Wonderful 101 for 30% off!
-Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop) trailer/overview; out August 1
-Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) trailer/overview; out August 15
-Spin The Bottle (Wii U eShop) overview/trailer; out "August"
-EARTHBOUND (Wii U VC) trailer; out from 6PM UK time (subs say 5PM?)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA Direct Mini summary:

-Bill Trinen is eating apples!
-Streetpass Relay announcement; Nintendo Zone locations will store and share Streetpass data with anyone who passes.
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS) trailer; out August 11
-Shin Megami Tensei 4/Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) eShop promo overview; register both games on Club Nintendo, get $30 eShop credit
-Pikmin 3 multiplayer overview; talks about different modes, amount of content, etc. Includes worldwide leaderboards for challenge stages, as well as online completion data for story mode. Out August 4
-The Wonderful 101 (Wii U) trailer; playable at San Diego Comic-Con. Out September 15.
-Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop) trailer/overview; out August 1
-Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) trailer/overview; out August 13
-Spin The Bottle (Wii U eShop) overview/trailer; out "August"
-Pikmin 3 demos at Gamestop locations this weekend; pre-purchase a digital version at these events and you'll be able to download the game a day early! (August 3)
-EARTHBOUND (Wii U VC) trailer; includes the Player Guide viewable on the Gamepad. Out today, $9.99.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It would be weird not to, but alas Nintendo, so can any European confirm that our version of Earthbound also comes with the strategy guide?

vvv oh. I missed that bit and figured it was a built-in manual.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 18, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

It would be weird not to, but alas Nintendo, so can any European confirm that our version of Earthbound also comes with the strategy guide?

The strategy guide is an online site

The T
May 29, 2010

Bill Trinen what are you doing. That's not how real trees work. Stop that.

Also that Spin the Bottle game scares and confuses me. I don't get it. Is it just We Dare? How is it a game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

vvv oh. I missed that bit and figured it was a built-in manual.

Yeah, I thought so too, but from the looks of things it's an online guide that's been optimised for the Gamepad. No idea if they've actually configured it to let you browse the guide while you play... probably not.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

bpc908 posted:

The strategy guide is an online site

Which you can conveniently access here!

The T
May 29, 2010

robodex posted:

Which you can conveniently access here!

I like how even the online version's cover has just a BIT of grime from wear and use on it. There doesn't exist a single copy of this guide that hasn't been used heavily.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Well so far on the NA 3DS thats came up:
Shantae VC $4.99
Attack of the Friday monsters 3ds DL $7.99
robot rescue 3ds DL 2.99
undead bowling 3ds dl 6.99
turbo: super stunt squad 3ds dl/retail 29.95

drops: fractured soul down to 7.99 till august 1st
deer drive legends down to 9.99 till ?
american mensa academy down to 3.99 till ?
Puzzler brain games down to 4.99 till ?
puzzler world 2013 down to 9.99 till ?
rising board down to 1.49 till august 8th

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Holy poo poo, I didn't realize they're also putting out Attack of The Friday Monsters today too!

This Eshop stuff is really feast or famine, huh?

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
Friday Monsters suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait what? Aw, but I was excited for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah the Guild O2 games honestly don't really look that good, except for maybe Starship Damrey.