Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Education: BS in Journalism, Juris Doctor, BS in Computer Science

My experience: Mostly legal related, aside from about six months doing tech support before law school. If you play Kerbal Space Program you may know me from my Protractor plugin. I'm a licensed patent attorney, but the legal market being what it is (god awful), I'm looking to do something else.

Languages: Proficient with: C++, C#, C, HTML, XHTML, CSS, Assembly, BASIC, MS Visual Studio; Familiar with: DHTML, JavaScript , PHP, .NET, SQL, MySQL, Java, Unity, GitHub, NetBeans

What I'm looking for: Entry level software development position

Where I live: South Florida

Where I'm looking: Willing to relocate

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Health insurance, full time

Can be reached via: PM, cndtraina at gmail dot com

Enigma fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Who we are: NetApp

Where we are: Wichita, KS and RTP, NC for support operations.

What we are looking for: TSE's on multiple shifts.

How to apply: PM/AIM/Email me so I can put in a referral for you.
AIM is same as username.
Gmail: David.Seltzer at gmail dot com
We are interviewing as we speak.

Feel free to browse our careers site for other opportunities worldwide.
NetApp Careers
Just let me know and I'll gladly put in a referral.

Why you should work here
Did I mention we are #6 on Forbes top 100 places to work? We've been #1 before.
We are an awesome company, with all sorts of awesome benefits Check them out here!
Free Starbucks cappucino, and Starbucks drip everywhere else.
Cheapish eats in said cafeteria. (Today was chicken curry, rice and naan)
Onsite Gym.
Free fruit on Wednesdays.
Free bagels Friday's.
Friday Afternoon Beer Bash

Awesome compensation including insurance, retirement, and stock.
I'm currently in this position now, so we'd be co workers.
There is plenty of opportunity for growth worldwide.
Training happens often, and there are plenty of opportunities for specialization/growth.

Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer you provide support for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. You will troubleshoot protocols running on NetApp hardware to assist customer with problem isolation and resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated selfstarter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.

Essential Functions:
Resolve Warranty, Top Enterprise and SupportEdge Premium customer problems via the telephone, the web or Autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the
customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or
Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learnings for reuse throughout
the center.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering
team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Begin to focus on an area of technical specialization and attend classes, complete lab projects, read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.

Job Requirements:
NetApp is looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's Degree or higher and experience administering a SAN/Network environment. Candidate must have in depth file system knowledge. Experience with Windows and Linux server Operating Systems is a
requirement; it would be nice if the candidate also knew Solaris, HP,
or AIX.
A candidate with SAN knowledge/certifications would be ideal. This would include Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, virtualized environments, and RAID.
The successful candidate would know how to capture Network Trace, using Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, and possibly even perform trace analysis.

Also:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order
work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of some of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- TCP/IP
- Networking
- RAID
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Veritas software.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as: RAID storage, backup and recovery,Exchange DR, Linux, AIX, or networking; including at least 2 years of experience working in that particular specialty.

Responsibility and Interaction:

- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks. This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.

- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.

- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as ongoing review of activities and priorities.

- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.

Education & Experience: (you know how reqs are, there is flexibility and i never finished college)
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field; or 5 + years of experience in UNIX, Windows networking administration or technical support is required.

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

Who we are: Managed Services division of a core banking processor.
Location: Fort Collins, CO and Austin, TX primarily, open to remote employees depending on the position and experience level.
What we do: IT Managed Services and Consulting for Community Banks and Credit Unions throughout the US
When: Always Hiring, rapidly growing

What we're looking for:

We have multiple positions open right now, everything from entry to senior level technical and a management position as well. We primarily focus on outsourcing the traditional areas of IT including but not limited to server/systems/virtualization, networking/security and helpdesk.

In the group that I work in we are mostly looking for mid-high level networking and server folks, preferably those with consulting or MSP backgrounds. Other groups in the organization are hiring for all levels so don’t be afraid to ask.

What's good?
• Very Good benefits – Health, Profit Sharing, Vacation, etc.
• Rapidly changing and growing environment. Entrepreneurial mindset while being backed by a 45 year old large company.
• Growing market with a captive audience of customers, we focus in one industry and know it VERY well.
• Opportunity to grow... you will have the opportunity to work with loads of very experienced folks who will help you grow your career. Meanwhile we encourage, pay for, and give bonuses for industry certifications (mostly Cisco/Microsoft).
• Our office locations are pretty amazing – Fort Collins has been near or on the top of the “best places to live” Money Magazine list for the past 10 years. Our office is the top two floors in the tallest building in town and we have a direct view of Longs Peak (14,200ft). No cubicles here.

What's not so good?
• Most of the positions do require that you be physically sitting in an office. This will probably mean relocation for most of you.
• It is stressful, given our fast growth over the past 8 years we are all very comfortable working at a fast pace. This is usually a huge surprise for folks coming from internal IT who are used to the hurry-up-and-wait pace of things.
• We are at the mercy of our customers in some cases, while they trust us very much we occasionally run into complex situations that you wouldn’t encounter in an internal IT position.

Etc/How do I apply?
Email/PM me your resume and give me a short message as to why you are interested. bholt-at-cencalcomputers-dot-com. (and no, that isnt the company )

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:
Education: B.Sc. in Computer Science, graduated a little over half a year ago.
Experience: Wrote automation for QA with C# for about a year between full time job and internships, I've worked on some web stuff for myself or friends that mainly used ASP.net or PHP, and a few projects in college that used mainly Java or C#.
Languages: C#, Java, ASP.net, SQL/My-Sql, HTML, CSS. Familiar with: PHP and javascript
Looking For: Any development work, but more so on the C# side of things, desktop or web.
Not Looking For: Any manual testing, I may be interested in automation.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Vifs posted:

Education: B.Sc. in Computer Science, graduated a little over half a year ago.
Experience: Wrote automation for QA with C# for about a year between full time job and internships, I've worked on some web stuff for myself or friends that mainly used ASP.net or PHP, and a few projects in college that used mainly Java or C#.
Languages: C#, Java, ASP.net, SQL/My-Sql, HTML, CSS. Familiar with: PHP and javascript
Looking For: Any development work, but more so on the C# side of things, desktop or web.
Not Looking For: Any manual testing, I may be interested in automation.

Don't know if this helps. But we have an opening in Or
em for a web dev. Check out the careers page. Infusionsoft.com

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Job opening to be my senior co-worker! Office is located very close to Penn Station and Port Authority Bus Terminal, unlimited sick days as needed, great inexpensive life/STD/LTD/auto insurance, good health/dental/vision, nice holiday schedule, 35-hour work week!

I can answer questions as needed. It's a good place to be. Some very real office politics but you're working for good people in a great team.

drat near zero helpdesk/desktop crap will be needed of you! If you've got 4-5 years as a sysadmin it's a good spot to be. PM me with your resume/for info, or you can email mjpbyron at the google mail service dotcom.

The NY Senior LAN Administrator will provide desktop, server, application, and mobile support for users in our New York Region office and for enterprise-wide support for some applications as well. Candidate will work with diverse technologies and participate in strategic projects. Frequent contact with user community requires great customer service skills. The incumbent is responsible for system administration duties including:

• Active directory administration, enterprise applications administration and monitoring.
• Monitor system server and network alerts/resolving issues.
• Setting up desktops and/or laptops for new users.
• Monitoring and testing data replication and disaster recovery systems, and managing asset tracking for the New York office.
• Travel maybe required to satellite offices on rare occasions for special project work; however, the majority of the work will be in the New York Office.
• Work closely with users to gather feedback and requirements for IT systems.
• Work closely with the IT manager and peers to maintain the NY Data Center.
• Work closely with IT Engineering with server/network projects and new application rollouts.
• Mentors other NY Operations staff and assists as requested.
• Provides second level desktop support for users.
• Provides level II support for servers and infrastructure devices.
• On call for after-hours emergency support coverage approximately five weeks a year.

The Requirements:

• At least 5 years of related IT experience
• Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks effectively, multi-task, and change focus to address emergencies as they arise
• Solid understanding of ITIL principles
• Knowledge of desktop and server hardware, strong knowledge Windows Server 2003/2008 administration
• Experience with PowerShell scripting
• MS Office 2010 troubleshooting skills
• Experience working in an environment with compliance requirements such as HIPAA
• Experience with Infrastructure Applications such as Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, Lync, Websense, VMware Virtual Center, Double-Take, Track-IT, etc.
• Experience with backup software such as HP Data Protector
• Experience with VPN applications such as Aventail
• Solid understanding of security threats and remediation techniques
• Experience with McAfee VirusScan, HIPS, Endpoint Encryption, ePO, DLP
• Citrix XenServer troubleshooting
• Ability to work well with diverse technologies in a collaborative environment
• Hands on knowledge of AD, MS SQL, Autonomy WorkSite document management, MS Exchange, MS Server 2003/2008, MS Windows 7, MS Office 2010
• College degree preferred (Technical Certifications desired)

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Education: 2 year in Information Technology, bunches of internal Microsoft training for SharePoint 2010 and 2013
My work experience: Helpdesk during college, basic stuff like virus removal, network setup, and random application issues.
Tier 1 phone/email support for SharePoint Online (Office 365), think general usage questions and fixes done through UI/SharePoint Designer.
Tier 2 support for SharePoint Online dedicated (20-100 servers per environment). Directly support the customer's SharePoint administrators. Issues tend to require direct server access for PowerShell and backend forensics, as the admins have already worked the issue to their abilities.
Knowledge: VB, Java, PHP, HTML, CSS, PowerShell, Active Directory, DNS, MS-DOS, Windows XP-8, Server 2003-2012, Office 2003-2013, and SharePoint 2007-2013 (70-667 cert).
What I'm looking for: To move into a Systems Administrator position, where I can grow beyond SharePoint.
Where I live: Fargo, ND
Where I'm looking: Local or willing to relocate to the west/southwest US
When I can start: 2 weeks local or closer to 4 if relocating
Requirements: Full Time, Health Insurance
Can be reached via: PM or mzg @ phuzun . com

Phuzun fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 24, 2013

Marou
Sep 20, 2001
I eat bukkake!
My experience: 13 years various development experience, ranging from Classic ASP (OHGOD) / SQL Server to PHP / MySQL. I've got tons of iPhone / iPad development experience with client / server application focus, and I've got SOME Android experience. I've also got ~5 years Java / MySQL experience. I've been in the IT industry since 1995. I'm completely self-taught, and am capable of learning new technology on my own fairly quickly.
What I'm looking for: Software development in the role of Architect, or senior developer.
Where I live: Knoxville, TN
Where I'm looking: Knoxville, TN, or if your company allows remote work, that would be preferable.
When I can start: Whenever.
Requirements: Full time, insurance, generous PTO/Vacation preferred. Ongoing training/development would be icing on the cake.
Can be reached via: Email - marou@marou.com

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No way this could hurt and goon jobs do sound like the best jobs.

Education: AAS in Computer Information Systems

My experience: Currently in a full time tier 1 position for a 10,000+ users company. I've been here for a little over a year, position started as an internship. I do phone and local support.

What I'm looking for: I'm interested in either a tier 2 desktop support position, jr. sysadmin position, or really anything that has me on a network team.

What I'm NOT looking for Helpdesk tier 1 if I can avoid it, I'd like to move away from answering phones being my main responsibility.

Where I live: West of Boston, would like to move closer to the city if I find something there.

When I can start: 2 weeks from offer.

Requirements: Health insurance, full time, retirement, generally pleasant work environment.

Can be reached via: PM, dlime16 at gmail. com

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

ragzilla posted:

Surprise, we're hiring NOC techs again. Help me hire some more Indianapolis area goons!

Who we are: LightBound, a local ISP/VoIP CLEC.
Location: For this job, close to downtown Indianapolis about 2 blocks from Lucas Oil stadium.
What we do: Colocation, Dedicated Internet Access, VoIP (we're an Indiana CLEC offering business services), Infrastructure as a Service (hosted VMware).
When: This month or next.

The position is for shift work, 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours on, 12 off. Night/Weekend shifts you'll be the only person here you'll have at least one other person here with you now (but the wifi is stil 54mbps wide open and direct to the internet). M-F is a bit busier.

Requirements: Be familiar with how the Internet works, you don't need to know the nuts and bolts of BGP, OSPF, or the internals of the TCP or IP headers (although any and all of those are a plus), but at least be familiar with the difference between a router and a switch, TCP and UDP, and how many addresses there are on the IPv4 internet- or at least have enough knowledge that you could figure it out if you sat down with a calculator. High school degree is fine, college degree not required as this is an entry level position.

If you're interested, submit a resume to jobs at lightbound.net (and give me a heads up so I can get your resume on the top of the pile)
(I'm not directly involved in hiring, but if you have any other questions my AIM/ICQ are in my profile)

Plus you'll get to sit at our fancy not quite new, but still a monument to steel and LCDs, desk:

(Disclaimer: Desk is not this fancy anymore since that project fell through)

Edit:
We're also looking to fill a Cloud/Infrastructure role, VMware experience required (VCP5 a plus). Cisco UCS/iSCSI - currently Compellent/vCloud Director/CommVault/RedHat/Windows 2008/Windows 2012 all pluses as well.

ragzilla fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 1, 2013

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

jim truds posted:

No way this could hurt and goon jobs do sound like the best jobs.

Well you clearly don't read the poo poo that pisses you off thread, do you? :v:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Well you clearly don't read the poo poo that pisses you off thread, do you? :v:

Ranting in that thread and our 2 other rant threads keeps me sane. Maybe I should say "All jobs are terrible but goon jobs seem adequate and at the least I would have an instant drinking buddy/someone to turn me onto my side."

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

double post, whoops

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Mainstay Technologies

Who we are: A Managed Services Provider, but we're not awful*.
Location: The main office is in Belmont, NH but also an office in Manchester, and soon to be one in Portsmouth. Depending on the position, you can work plenty from home.

We're currently looking for Systems Technicians, Engineers, a NOC Engineer, and a Service Dispatcher (which is far less an IT job). The job descriptions are there on the website.

Also there are at least 2 goons that work here!

*We were awarded Business of the Year by BusinessNH magazine, and some other awards. The benefits are pretty great, and we only hire people who seem like they'll get along with the team.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Who we are: The architectural/civil engineering arm of a major defense contractor
What we're looking for: A "site support technician" on a contract to hire basis. Basically, you're johnny on the spot for your office. You handle application support, desktop support, machine imaging and deployment, coordinate with the appropriate teams on network and telecom support and handle local servers.
Where: St. Paul, MN
How to apply: PM me, doesn't look like the posting is up.
Requirements: Have some IT experience in a Microsoft shop. Knowing something about Autodesk and Bentley products will help, but isn't vital if you can learn. Certs and education negotiable. Don't be a total goony goon. We're a pretty professional outfit.
Why do you want to work here: First off, it's a job. This isn't mythical startup wunderland with fun toys. We're a giant, souless, bureaucracy-bound mega corp. If you make it to full time, the company is typically pretty stable. We're in the middle of a spin off at the moment, but that will calm down in a month or so. Our health insurance is meh at the moment, but we have good dental/vision/life. 6% 401k match. 16 days PTO(use it for sick/vacation), 9 holidays off. Once you get out from under the contract boot, time is also somewhat flexible. I also believe it's an hourly position, and overtime is available(Once off contract).

Our team is very distributed and supports a lot of offices(My state is the only one with two techs, just because we have two big offices. The two of us also cover Texas, Arkansas and New Mexico), so there's an opportunity for travel sometimes if you like that sort of thing. You can take as much responsibility as you want, and get mixed up in other projects. We're not part of the main IT department in our company, so there are some annoying restrictions on things we're not allowed to touch, but you get used to it.

We've had to fire the last two contractors in St. Paul for incompetence or being unwilling to help without "following procedure"(Our procedure is open a ticket when someone calls for help then go help them). So basically, be helpful, don't suck and be willing to jump in feet first and figure poo poo out. The job's not perfect, but it's a job and we occasionally get to do cool poo poo.

owDAWG
May 18, 2008
Education: BS in Information Systems

My experience: Desktop Support, Network Support, Enterprise Desktop Systems Administration. I have a strong background in SCCM 2007, WSUS, SCUP 2011, and MDT 2010. I have experience with VDI using XenDesk 5 on VMWare VSphere 5 using static VM's. I have experience packaging/repackaging (for Windows 7) applications for deployment using Visual Studio 2010 and automating system changes through SCCM using VB .Net. I have some Linux experience. I also have a lot of Desktop Support experience. I also was a field technician lead at a previous job so I have some experience supervising others.

What I'm looking for: I'm interested in Network or System Administration eventually leading into an engineering role. I enjoy the process of implementing technology and the thought and detail that goes into it.

What I'm NOT looking for Helpdesk or Desktop Support

Where I live: Triad Area, NC

When I can start: 2 weeks from offer.

Requirements: Health Insurance, Full Time, 3 or more weeks vacation, training and career development, not an IT sweatshop.

Can be reached via: PM or email owatkins at gmail dot com

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's been a while since I posted my profile, figure I'll throw the line out there again...

My experience: BS in software engineering, a little over a year's worth of experience of C#-based desktop application development. Work directly with customers, some SQL.

What I'm looking for: Really just about anything that has me writing code. I'd love a job where I'll be working with new things frequently, whether it be cool C# libraries, ASP, mobile dev.

What I'm NOT looking for: Support-related posiiton.

Where I live: Providence, RI. Open to relocation almost anywhere.

When I can start: 2-3 weeks from offer, depending if relocation is required.

Requirements: Full time, health insurance.

Ishmael
May 31, 2006
Who We Are: HP

What we're looking for: Someone to join our team in Colorado as part of a tech support team for Storage Area Networks (Woo!)

Relevant Qualifications: Significant IT experience. In-depth Server 2003-2012, VMWare offerings, Linux (lots of Linux), storage, and networking knowledge. Some understanding of various other IT technologies: iSCSI, D2D, Dedupe, VEEAM, VAAI, DSM, MPIO, Fibre Channel, FCOE, blade systems, remote management software, VSS/App Aware Snapshotting etc. Working knowledge of server hardware, especially of disk and RAID technology.

Non technical qualifications include experience with phone and remote support. Experience with supporting small-medium-enterprise and governmental entities. And the ability to solve complex solutions and juggle many involved parties simultaneously. Good case management skills.

Why you'd want to work here: Starting salary is pretty good. We have great healthcare and other benefits (lots of b2b discounts and other perks I can't even think of at the moment). Opportunities for promotion are essentially unlimited. Also, even though you are working for an 800-pound gorilla, you will be working in an office of about 100 or so people. These include everybody from marketing to engineering and test personnel. You'll get kind of a small business vibe, which is nice. Also we have a cool automated coffee making machine.

Requirements: Must be willing to work from Boulder, Colorado or possibly Alpharetta, Georgia. Full-time only. Willing to be on call maybe once a week every 3 months.

email me at bovinepepsican(at) gmail (dot) com Subject line should be SomethingAwful or I will not see the email.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
For those of you around Franklin, TN an entry level computering job is open at the local Sheriff's Department.
http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?NID=880
Application, all 12 pages of it: http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/10275

Our network guys handle their network and we handle user account administration in Novell (we are moving to Active directory), so you won't be blind sided with anything other than regular computer stuff. I've nothing to do with their side, but the job is hidden a bit so I'm helping get it out there.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
Who We Are: Xceptional Networks (San Diego CA) http://www.xceptionalnetworks.com/

What we're looking for: Three people. Experienced Cisco Unified Communications. Sysadmin comfortable with AD, VMware, Storage. Helpdesk.

Relevant Qualifications: The UC person should be very experienced. We'll be putting you right out on jobs with our big clients so you must be able to hit the ground running. Know your stuff, you'll fit in great. Kinda shaky, you might make it. Fakin' it? Get out!
The Sysadmin should be an accomplished generalist. You can run the gamut on technologies and do it well. We want you here.
Helpdesk: You are smart, eager and have a can do attitude. And you have experience beyond fixing your family's computers. We'll turn you into an IT stud.

Why you'd want to work here: Really good benefits for our size company. Relaxed atmosphere (but lots of work to do). We are in San Diego.

Requirements: BE IN SAN DIEGO. I don't want to talk to you if you're "planning to move". I need you here. Now.

Contact me: PM

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Cross posting.

HIRING in Bellevue, WA.

Need two application support engineers and one developer/application support engineer. Basically, our organization was brought in handle a hot mess for a foreign company. Their old outsourced IT people were given the boot for a host of reasons and we have inherited the results of their mismanagement. There are 70 business applications to support, many of which have no documentation(I am working on that) and some of which break constantly. We will be the escalation points and improvement drivers for the new, better IT setup. It is a challenge but there are a lot of opportunities to distinguish yourself. I have learned a ton in the last three months and I'm still not sure what next week will bring. My boss is already talking about new support contracts and partnerships and we've just barely righted the ship here.

Required (in decreasing order of importance):
1) A good attitude and a willingness to do research and work without constant oversight.
2) Some kind of support experience, and showing a good mentality towards helping coworkers/customers.
3) Technical ability: unix/linux systems, MS windows troubleshooting, bash/Powershell, SQL, MS Server administration, Oracle/SQL Server administration, et cetera.
4) This is more of a plus: experience with huge old albatross out-of-support enterprise software packages.

The roles are technical, but my boss would rather hire a person with the right attitude and train them up than deal with some sullen, mopey techwizard who needs constant supervision. Currently our office is small, but there is excellent opportunity for skills/career growth.

The developer job would be half support and half writing tools and debugging in ASP.NET and Javascript. It is a junior dev position so hopefully it will make a good foot in the door for someone.

email your resume to jobs@taskcentral.com to apply.

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 12, 2013

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

TV is the thing this year.
Hair Elf

SimpleCoax fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 4, 2013

BeefofAges
Jun 5, 2004

Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the cows of war.

SimpleCoax, set up a linkedin profile with all of those keywords you listed and I guarantee you the recruiter emails will start pouring in.

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

Hair Elf

BeefofAges posted:

SimpleCoax, set up a linkedin profile with all of those keywords you listed and I guarantee you the recruiter emails will start pouring in.

I never used that site before, but I'll try it out. Thanks man!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SimpleCoax posted:

I never used that site before, but I'll try it out. Thanks man!

Yeah you got some skills.

I'm on my mobile and don't have links handy, but Carbonite has a branch office in Sunnyvale and I think we are hiring for some software engineering positions. Pull up the jobs page and if there is something listed that looks promising, I can refer you.

I have a lot of pull. I helped one goon get a job in the spring an I can help you too.

(Or anyone really, if you're qualified)

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Citrix Admin, Healthcare, Epic EMR

Who are we? I am a consultant but I'm posting this for a client. This client is Renown Health, a mid-sized hospital.

Where are we (they)? Renown is based in Reno and has clinics all over Northern Nevada. This position would be in Reno and would likely never involve travel.

Senior Citrix Admin Oversee the entire Citrix environment soup-to-nuts. This is primarily XenApp (CCA, CCAA [have or be able to pass in short order]). There's a small pilot XenDesktop project but experience isn't required. The entire system is virtualized on XenServer. It is all front-ended by Netscaler MPX (FIPS-edition) hardware but there are already some Netscaler admins here. Obviously, you need to know Windows AD administration, Group-Policy and some kind of scripting is pretty much par for the course. When you're not Citrix-ing they'll want to take advantage of your wide range of other skills which probably include horse-breeding, rockets and building guitars.

Why work for us? Reno is a growth market with a lot of companies moving here to escape the high taxes and over-regulation of California. This particular position offers health care (hospital), and probably other standard benefits. I think I heard something about 401(k) matching. Salary will be $90k+ which is adjusted for cost-of-living in this area. Northern Nevada is one of the healthiest populations in the US because of all of the physical outdoor activities. I can say as an impartial, non-employee that Renown treats its IT folks well. The admins here are happy and great to work with. Finally, come take this position so I can go back to growing my consulting practice instead of spending all of my time here!

Application Details The new position is mired up in red tape at the moment but I'll happily take your resume and fast-track it to the department heads who (I hope) are sick of paying my ridiculous consulting fees. My email address for the time being is gtaylor@renown.org. If you get a bounce back it could mean that the position was filled and I'm back to my regularly scheduled career. Or someone forgot to remove the expiration date on my AD account.

SimpleCoax
Aug 7, 2003

Hair Elf

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah you got some skills.

I'm on my mobile and don't have links handy, but Carbonite has a branch office in Sunnyvale and I think we are hiring for some software engineering positions. Pull up the jobs page and if there is something listed that looks promising, I can refer you.

I have a lot of pull. I helped one goon get a job in the spring an I can help you too.

(Or anyone really, if you're qualified)

Hey thanks man! I just started this whole process so I'll keep this in mind as I'm exploring for a bit.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

SimpleCoax posted:

Hey thanks man! I just started this whole process so I'll keep this in mind as I'm exploring for a bit.

Also along with LinkedIn I would suggest putting a resume up on dice.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I am leaving my company Friday, so they are looking for a replacement network engineer

Who We Are: Financial Brokerage in downtown NYC

What we're looking for: A network engineer with f5 experience, preferably with Nexus experience.

Relevant Qualifications: Experience with f5 and Nexus would be ideal, they would probably consider anyone good with campus switching experience - Existing infrastructure is a bunch of 6500's, 3750-X, ASA's, Cisco ACE but they are moving to Nexus 7k/2k and f5 load balancers

Why you'd want to work here: For finance it is really easy and the coworkers are great. I don't remember the last time I had to answer my phone to field a call and your boss does all the on-call. You sit in a spot where you can tunnel a connection to your house and surf the internet all day and no one would be able to see.

Requirements: Campus switching experience, be a Normal Personฎ, no telecommuting (but you can work from home sometimes)

Other poo poo: They pay well I suppose, if they extended an offer they will lowball but it is so hard to find good talent that they would be willing to pay about 110k/yr for the right person. Their bonuses are 10 - 15% of your base pay

Contact me: PM

Sepist fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 16, 2013

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Hiring in Denver, CO for a new Operations Team for a SaaS company with an exponential growth curve!

Who we are: Xero is entirely cloud based small/medium business accounting software. We started from humble beginnings ~6 years ago in New Zealand, and now we have over 160,000 paying customers worldwide, with that number consistently doubling every year. Not only are customer numbers doubling, but also our staff numbers! Our head office is in Wellington New Zealand, but we also have major offices in Auckland, Melbourne, San Francisco and Milton Keynes. With smaller satellite offices scattered in our major territories as well.

We're setting up another major site now in Denver, where our US based Operations team will live. Currently our ops team is entirely based in Wellington, and so Denver will allow us to have more time zone coverage.

What we're looking for: The whole drat team! Team Leads for both Prod and Pre-Prod, Senior Infrastructure people, and Intermediate Infrastructure people. Our platform is mostly Windows, but we have a few Redhat servers in the mix as well. For Team Leads we'll be focusing on your leadership skills mostly, senior guys will know they're way around IIS and large environments intimately, and the intermediates can get by with a few years system administration experience.

Why work for us? We're in that sweet spot where we're no longer a fresh startup that needs you 24/7, but we're also not a giant bureaucracy where nothing gets done. We Get Things Done. You'll have the authority to come up with ideas and implement them. We also have a platform that has to deal with exponential growth, because our customers love us. So we have all the really interesting problems about how to deal with that. It means our platform is constantly changing, you won't just set something up and sit back, we have too many other things going on and your solution will be out of date in a year. We are your YOTJ destination.

What we're not: We expect a lot of work from you, but we're not slave drivers. Work/Life balance is a very important thing in New Zealand business culture, and we expect our culture to be how things are done over there. We do not want micro-managers, and we don't want people who need to be micro-managed. People skills are also very important, you'll need to be able to get along with the rest of the team. This job is strictly relating to our development and production platforms, you won't be doing Internal IT, that's a different team.

Benefits: Full medical/dental/vision/life benefits, 401K, and Long Term and Short Term Incentives (stock options and annual bonus).

Other things: You'll be working very closely with the operations team in Wellington. We're setting up a follow-the-sun model with Denver as phase 1, and in a year or so we'll set up another team in the UK. The idea is to reduce pager duty to a minimum, but when you're going to bed, we'll be in the evening, and when you get into work, we'll head to bed. Should drastically reduce the 3am phone call stuff we have to deal with right now. We'll have timezone overlap in our morning and your afternoon where we can get some collaborative stuff done. Nothing is guaranteed, but I expect that there'll be staff exchanges between our various offices worldwide for short stints and knowledge sharing.

Apply: Please apply on our careers page, but also PM me your details, we have a very generous staff referral bonus. http://www.xero.com/about/careers/

DBAs: Watch this space, DBA roles will be advertised for Denver in a few months time, we're getting the server guys in first.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
As a follow up to my post above. You'll also notice that we're hiring for a lot of roles in Wellington, New Zealand as well.

If you have a job offer for an IT company, you'll find immigrating to New Zealand very easy.

Come down for a holiday, book a few interviews for when you're down here, and get a total change of lifestyle in a country that's pretty awesome to live and work in.

We're also hungry for devs in San Fran, have dev friends? Send them our way!

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

NZAmoeba posted:

San Fran,

Do people ever get mad when you call it that? I thought it was a faux pas of sorts

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

sanchez posted:

Do people ever get mad when you call it that? I thought it was a faux pas of sorts

It's "Frisco" they hate the most.

smokmnky
Jan 29, 2009
yeah, San Fran is ok if you aren't from the area. Mostly we just call it "the city" though

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

smokmnky posted:

Mostly we just call it "the city" though

Isn't that what literally everyone uses in reference to the nearest big city near them?

When I live in central MA, Worcester was "the city". If I lived east, "the city" is Boston. RI it's Providence.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Sab669 posted:

Isn't that what literally everyone uses in reference to the nearest big city near them?

I live closest to Detroit and we just call it Detroit. I think "the city" is only used if you actually like the nearest big city.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Been a while since I did a big jobs post, but here goes:

I work for Carbonite, who is always hiring for something. We have four locations to choose from, and there are typically positions open at at least three of them at any given time.

Currently, there are positions open in

Boston, MA
Lewiston, ME
Sunnyvale, CA

Here's the full list:
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=&searchCategory=&hashed=0

The positions range from low-level customer support, to backup solutions deployment/support, to software development, to technical writers. There's a bunch of non-tech jobs, including a few at the Director level.

Here's a one position that I cherry picked for you guys:

Backup Solutions Engineer (Sunnyvale, CA)
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1236/backup-solutions-engineer/job

Work in my department! This position is focused on deploying and supporting backup solutions in widely varied environments. You'll touch on dozens of critical databases (from Exchange to MySQL to postgresql and beyond) of various types across Linux, Unix, Mac, and Windows platforms. You'll mostly be working with experienced sysadmins and similar types.

You're a good fit if you:
Have experience with most of the platforms I mentioned above. You don't need to know them all, but the more the better.
Love to troubleshoot weird problems.

Bonus points if you:
Understand clusters and high availability configurations
Know any sort of coding or scripting language.

Why you'd want this job:
This is a small, close-knit team. Currently there are four guys, and they're all awesome. It's a laid-back office environment in Silicon Valley. Your boss would be the most awesome boss ever. I helped a goon get hired into this team in the spring. I can help you too!

I work in an equivalent position, in the same department, and it's one of the best jobs I've ever had.

But there are lots of other jobs available (and they change regularly). I'm expecting another glut of positions to open up soon.

If you want a referral, email me (confusedus at gmail) or send me a PM.

Beelzebubba9
Feb 24, 2004
What we're looking for: Junior Network Engineer

Who we are: Send Word Now is an emergency communications provider for government institutions and companies large and small. We have multiple production datacenters in the US and Canada and run a very highly available, sometimes life saving, service.

Where we are: Midtown Manhattan! Right near Penn Station.

What we're looking for: SWN Communications Inc. is seeking a Junior Network Engineer who is self-motivated and team-oriented. Candidates will have a good understanding network infrastructure and able to adapt to a fast paced environment. Good verbal communication skills in dealing with customers. Candidate must also have flexible schedules, although this position is weekdays some after hours work and weekends may be required as needed. Hours will be 40 per week.

Responsibilities:
    Monitor and support multi-state network environment
    Become familiar with existing infrastructure and be able to respond to technical outages with a rapid response
    Aggressively own problems until they are solved
    Perform with a high degree of accuracy in a mission critical 24/7 fast paced environment.
    Be an active learner
    Follow and evolve existing process and procedures
    Document new information and maintain growing knowledgebase
    Perform other duties as required.

Qualifications:

Required to have one of the following:
    1 to 2 years experience.
    Related technical certifications.
    CCNA preferred.

Primary Skill Set (Required):
    LAN & WAN technologies
    Customer support
    Routing protocols RIP,OSPF, EIGRP.
    VLANS, Spanning Tree
    Cisco Firewalls (PIX & ASA), Load balancers.
    Must be comfortable with working in highly dynamic & fast paced environment
    Authorization to work in the US required

Preferred Skill Set (Not required):
    Windows Visio
    Linux (Helpful)
    Cisco command line configuration
    Monitoring tools
    VOIP & WLAN

Subjectively, working at SWN is an incredible opportunity for the ambitious and talented. It's not an easy job, or an easy place to work, due to the nature of our product, but you'll get hands on experience with pretty high end equipment in an enterprise grade environment even as a Junior Network Admin. It's also a healthy culture in the System Engineering group where we really do work as a team and collaborate on solving problems and engineering advances for our infrastructure. It's honestly not a job for everyone, but if you're the type of person to burn a candle at both ends to advance your career, this is a great place to do so.

If you're interested in the position or have questions, please contact me at cesworthy at gmail or via PM.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
My experience: ~10 years of experience with Microsoft stack technologies (ASP, VB6, C#)
What I'm looking for: A C# developer position
What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk or Sharepoint
Where I live: Seattle, WA
Where I'm looking: Seattle, WA I'm not interested in relocating
When I can start: Two weeks after being hired
Requirements: Full time or maybe contract. I've only ever worked full time
Can be reached via: PM, mike@ninelinesofcode.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Filled, thanks.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 8, 2013