Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Regy Rusty posted:

Is the Toad with glasses supposed to be Russ T. from Paper Mario?

Holy poo poo it is.

Lazerbot's cool in my book.

If I remember right, there's also a glasses Toad as part of the Toad Brigade in the Galaxy games. I think the same colour, too. Honestly, though, ot really could be that obscure character. Lazerbot does know his weird, specific details. For instance...

Undead Unicorn posted:

This of course also means Sonic was much older than Mario. He might have been an old man but he kept active and had his finger on the pulse of today's youth's cultured.

Nope. In the... sigh... In the Sonic canon, Sonic is only 16 whereas Shadow is legit over 50.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Another example of Lazy's detail: Professor E. Gadd actually has his dialogue written out similar to how Lazerbot does it in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Not the content about the supermodels, of course, but the way Lazerbot has him repeat "the" and gives it one speech bubble happens almost panel for panel a few times.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now isn't that a pretty picture. Shadow in happier times and Kario looking as perpetually wasted as he usually was.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Second-to-last panel looks like DK's face.

Is it just me?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Second-to-last panel looks like DK's face.

Is it just me?

Nah, I thought that for a second too.

Still, some very interesting developments. We hadn't heard from Mario for a bit so I'm glad we caught up with him.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Shadow throwing up the loving horns with his drunken redneck bro is the funniest goddamn thing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

That picture looks 'shopped, Mario. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, the sky is red everywhere now? I wonder why nobody seems to be surprised or worried about it.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I've been looking for a new avatar. I really want that picture of Shadow and Kario, I just don't know what I want for text.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Cechmanek posted:

I've been looking for a new avatar. I really want that picture of Shadow and Kario, I just don't know what I want for text.

drat
YOU
SHADOW!!

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Cechmanek posted:

hahah trolls be trollin

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The most shocking revelation here is that apparently that talking bird gets his own tent.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I really wish young Shadow made some odd fashion statement that he now deeply regrets.
Mullets, platform boots, zubaz pants, just give us anything, Lazy!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
So, what's Troll King doing looking for Words of Death? Are there more that he doesn't know? I have no idea what anybody's doing anymore. Except that Tails is blazing up with Cheetoman.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zenzirouj posted:

So, what's Troll King doing looking for Words of Death? Are there more that he doesn't know? I have no idea what anybody's doing anymore.

Unclear, but he wants to teach them to the man in the ice, and apparently they were hidden by people who did not want it to be found by him. Incidentally, this means that we'll be seeing Alex shortly too.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Now isn't that a pretty picture. Shadow in happier times and Kario looking as perpetually wasted as he usually was.

The lack of fanart of Kario greatly disturbs me.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I'm lost. What side is Shadow actually on?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Wojtek posted:

I'm lost. What side is Shadow actually on?

He's an ex-troll fighting against the trolls (part of the Troll Slaiyers team) but also randomly kills whoever he wants. Also I think his main motivation currently is to kill Mario.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Undead Unicorn posted:

The lack of fanart of Kario greatly disturbs me.

Kind of :effort: but whatever

v Uh, about two hours, but I was busy watching a stream of Conker's Bad Fur Day at the same time.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 19, 2013

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

tiistai posted:

I WANT A PRINT OF THIS.

Seriously, how long did that take you?

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

my dad posted:

drat
YOU
SHADOW!!

Great minds think alike.

edit: I just noticed that Pori has a 7 on the back of his robe.

Cechmanek fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 20, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Theory: The Troll King does not remember how to correctly write the words of death, perhaps because he is stupid or illiterate. Reading them is the only way to learn how to say them, because if you hear them, you die.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 22, 2013

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Can't quite get it under 30kB. :(

Original :

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Metanaut posted:

Can't quite get it under 30kB. :(

It's a bit faster since I dropped a couple of frames.

Also 100x100 but eh

e: The biggest problem is the insane jpg artifacts. Cleaning up the source would make the gif fit in a lot smaller space since there's less colors to reduce.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 20, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

tiistai posted:

v Uh, about two hours, but I was busy watching a stream of Conker's Bad Fur Day at the same time.

You should have put his hand in his pants, Al Bundy-style.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

horriblePencilist posted:

You should have put his hand in his pants, Al Bundy-style.

so this big
fat troll walk->
ed into the
shoe stor today
she was so
fat she had
three small->
er trolls
oarbuting around
her

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Kario looks to me like a washed-up, alcoholic Bilbo Baggins.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

quote:

something we all do

by ~tailsgetstrolled1, 59 minutes, 31s ago
Journals / Personal

we all seem to judge things by the exterior (by the looks) appearances, which i guess finding attraction to other people by looks can't be stopped but a lot of us sort of judge there whole being from how they look, like lets say we see a fat person, if we have had not so great experiences or we just don't like people over weight, people tend to talk trash about those people, or to run away from great guys or girls who are wonderful because they don't find them attractive and just all that stuff about looks is nice but that should just be a smaller factor then it is.

that is why i joke about people like that, why i joke about a lot of things because we need to stop taking those small things seriously in my opinion, i have figured out it doesn't matter who you are how good at something or bad at something you do, there will always be nice people who compliment you and negative people who judge you rashly. its depends how we are raised that determines how well we judge things.

and i think without the properly ability to judge, you shouldn't judge people. if you aren't able to face yourself and your faults and blindly hurt other people with out rationally thinking then you shouldn't judge. to judge people or anything i don't think your opinion or personal feelings should interfere. if i say something is wrong its just how i perceive it.

i don't think people should decide if someone is horrible or good before getting to know them, knowing all of the facts. what i mean is learn both sides of the story before crucifying someone, learn there reasoning. if you can't at least self reflect on your own actions then you probably shouldn't judge anything

and even if you do regardless, if you know how it feels then it seems that is a bit selfish to say it if you know it would hurt you. people who attack people for no explanation and just for differences is, mind my mouth ( is loving retarded ) i say don't do something if you can't handle it being done to you, there are repercutions for every action we make and bad will come to the people who asked for it and if the people being tournament stay strong through everything then good will come, we must fight on and be considered to the people who deserve it. unless there is some unforgivable crime involved you might want to leave it alone.

things are much deeper then it appears. many kids get push to the limit of shooting everyone in the class room because of morons who couldn't control themselves, so i say surpass there level and don't let them get the best of you, don't be a push over though and be you don't let them ruin the fact you are unique and special, they don't like you because you are different.

because you are special and i am talking to the outcast but also to everyone. because of trauma there are certain people you just don't gently caress with, and if you continue to poke, you might piss someone off to the level of going crazy or them to be ruined for life, leading to low self esteem and many issues there. suicide, emotional problems, and if you push there is a chance you could be murdered, and with out knowing you could be poking at personal issues.

there is being honest and then there is being a douche who pokes at everything. you can all it constructive criticism but there is a huge difference between poking at everything you can, being constructive means you have to say something that can be taking constructively, if you can't take what you say to others to yourself then you probably shouldn't say it.

looks aren't everything

I seriously hope this isn't going to open the homophobia :can: again (so please don't do it), but I thought this was a fairly interesting post. Seems like he thinks it should be okay to joke about things that some people might get hurt about because people shouldn't take those insults seriously in the first place.

At any rate, the people being tournament stay strong through everything.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'll give him this, his giant rants are at least coherent these days.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Thank God this is coming on a day when he's going to post a page.

Nothing to see here people, move along to the main attraction.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Calico Heart posted:

Nothing to see here people, move along to the main attraction.

Speaking of which

Loose ends or plotholes? Not in this comic.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 22, 2013

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm always stuck fighting in random events.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

This pansy blue sky is kind of weak, now that he mentions it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That blue-skinned Troll looks amazing.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

we are Travous

Travous will not die well

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

hahahahahaha TRAVOUS

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

It's legit interesting watching LB figure out how this whole comic thing works. In the beginning he always just kinda drew the art first and slapped text wherever. By the looks of it, he mostly just eyeballed it for however much room he thought he might need so when he underestimated himself we ended up with all this stuff:

Or other times he overestimated what he thought he might need and we got this instead:

So somewhere along the line he realized that having so much empty space in the text bubbles looked bad, but he either doesn't want to plan things out and write a script or sit down and plan out where the text will be in relation to the characters, so he just increases the font of whatever text he has in a bubble until it's full and now it looks like characters are just screaming out their lines at random.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't noticed a lot before, but this page in particular has a lot of unfortunate jpeg compression.

And apparently Shadow, the guy who completely destroyed an entire village with some sort of giant explosive power, is a master of stealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I love that smoking apparently gives away their position, but yelling walls of text doesn't.