Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
an elint focused space sim whose gui includes a prolog repl. i need an artist to finish it at this point, but if you like math, logic, and loneliness, then it is the game for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

fuckkkkk

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

post the github

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

more like dICK posted:

Close IYG and just let them post in SH/SC. Close YOSPOS and let them post in GWS/PI/Games.
nevermind gently caress you t:mad:

also: why in the world would you WANT iyg posters in ur forum

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Werthog 95 posted:

nevermind gently caress you t:mad:

also: why in the world would you WANT iyg posters in ur forum

lets be realistic, this thread will be food or watch chat in 2 pages :shobon:

Werthog 95 posted:

post the github

right now it uses a messaging library that i just copied from work. once i've replaced that i'll put it on whatever the hip hosting site is and people spergier than me inherit it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i did write php as a hobby but then i got a job (not writing php)

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

I decided to learn how to program so I bookmarked some "learn C" site a year and a half ago and haven't opened it since.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Yeah I had a hobby of keeping 12 chickens, a horse, a couple of cattle and a few sheep.

Then i got a job looking after 120 cattle. Sold those fuckers.

Now I have a hobby of keeping 12 chickens, 2 horses, a couple of cattle and a few sheep.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh and erecting nanostations at various locations on my land (hobby about computers to thwart those who wish for my demise)

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i paint.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

recommend a good roller for drywall

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I have this weird socket 7 motherboard (socket 8? Whatever the thing after socket 5 for the pentium pros was) motherboard
anybody want it I had no idea what to do with it and it came with an AMD k5 so gently caress me I'm not gonna use that for anything.

i also write science fiction short stories that will never see the light of day when i get the urge, but it's been a long time since I've gotten said urge

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Angry Moo Cow posted:

recommend a good roller for drywall

not that kind of painting but high pile and add some retarder to your paint and paint in overlapping W's

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thanks

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

UI work is hard. 8 days left in SA GameDev Challenge...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

has anyone said smoke a weed yet?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just make pong

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

SRQ posted:

I have this weird socket 7 motherboard (socket 8? Whatever the thing after socket 5 for the pentium pros was) motherboard
anybody want it I had no idea what to do with it and it came with an AMD k5 so gently caress me I'm not gonna use that for anything.

i also write science fiction short stories that will never see the light of day when i get the urge, but it's been a long time since I've gotten said urge

post some stories im bored

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cheese-cube posted:

post some stories im bored

OK when my younger brother was about 12 or 13 he was out shooting possums with his annoying little friends and the possums were running into their little tree holes. They were climbing the trees to try and pull them out and whacking the holes with sticks.

I told my brother to throw a firecracker down an old dead willow tree as I saw a possum go down there, which he dutifully did. Then it happened. Exactly I predicted. The firecracker awoke the bees nest that was in that hole and they attacked my brother and his lovely friends and my brother got stung about 27 times and I laughed.

Also the tree caught fire and burnt down and Dad got mad at him and I laughed.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
I play bass in a cover band that gigs at local bars. It's pretty sweet because our singer is a girl so we get to do fun stuff like No Doubt and Florence + the Machine etc (sometimes Paramore, depends on the venue). We're all young and don't play blues rock (the bar band cliche). It's a shitload of fun but it takes up a lot more time than I would have ever imagined. My whole social life pretty much revolves around it now, and playing for drunks can be a mixed bag. Things have been on the up and we hired a dedicated sound engineer for our shows, it makes a huge difference (downside is its another person on the band bar tab).

I also do occasional prog-metal stuff with another guy, but that is a less steady thing. We each write songs and meet every now and then.

thanks, I enjoyed this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im building a lil cabin in the woods, as detailed in the DIY thread of the same name

also still tinkering with the mill & lathe but that stuff has taken a back seat for now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Angry Moo Cow posted:

OK when my younger brother was about 12 or 13 he was out shooting possums with his annoying little friends and the possums were running into their little tree holes. They were climbing the trees to try and pull them out and whacking the holes with sticks.

I told my brother to throw a firecracker down an old dead willow tree as I saw a possum go down there, which he dutifully did. Then it happened. Exactly I predicted. The firecracker awoke the bees nest that was in that hole and they attacked my brother and his lovely friends and my brother got stung about 27 times and I laughed.

ahahahahhaha

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

im currently macerating a rat carcass with a messed up spine before i try to put it back together. gonna try to preserve the shape of the spine by mounting it on solid wire solder with loctite and plumbers putty. also it smells terrible

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

sat. posted:

im currently macerating a rat carcass with a messed up spine before i try to put it back together. gonna try to preserve the shape of the spine by mounting it on solid wire solder with loctite and plumbers putty. also it smells terrible

dont sign

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ericadia posted:

I play bass in a cover band that gigs at local bars. It's pretty sweet because our singer is a girl so we get to do fun stuff like No Doubt and Florence + the Machine etc (sometimes Paramore, depends on the venue). We're all young and don't play blues rock (the bar band cliche). It's a shitload of fun but it takes up a lot more time than I would have ever imagined. My whole social life pretty much revolves around it now, and playing for drunks can be a mixed bag. Things have been on the up and we hired a dedicated sound engineer for our shows, it makes a huge difference (downside is its another person on the band bar tab).
same, but far less organized and/or skilled

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Moo Cow posted:

oh and erecting nanostations at various locations on my land (hobby about computers to thwart those who wish for my demise)

this is my dream

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yes, well my demise is inevitable echopenis. As is yours. As it is for us all.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we can temporarily succeed and that my brother-in-nation is the entire point of life

failed at an house auction today. now want to buy land and do cool poo poo on it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yes nothing says fun like buying bare land.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

I built a computer with crt and arcade sticks exclusively to play shmups on. the crt is permanently tipped on its side and i use a shmup specific version of mame to minimise input lag. The setup lives permanently in my cupboard because it is far too shameful to be viewable by anyone else that enters the room.

i also have make a bunch of low quality websites, most notable (lol) being http://isnewslimitedstillshit.com and http://hellosmithers.com

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night i rage-shopped at radio shack and paid $4.99 each for two 2200uf caps. then i paid several more dollars for some perfboard.

i went home and miraculously found a fuckin' matched pair of 7805 and 7905 regulators. i have my mixer PSU board about 1/3 done, tonight i just need to solder some more parts on and see if it will resurrect my old mixer, so i can write and play music again, because i'm dying without it

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

last night i rage-shopped at radio shack and paid $4.99 each for two 2200uf caps. then i paid several more dollars for some perfboard.

i went home and miraculously found a fuckin' matched pair of 7805 and 7905 regulators. i have my mixer PSU board about 1/3 done, tonight i just need to solder some more parts on and see if it will resurrect my old mixer, so i can write and play music again, because i'm dying without it

You should create a preamp that only fires up the tubes when somebody @mentions its twitter account to make you vape a lil weed and be high for a few hours

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Ana5000 posted:

I decided to learn how to program so I bookmarked some "learn C" site a year and a half ago and haven't opened it since.

i do this same kind of thing a lot too

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
i started making a game engine in c++ a few years back but I toss away + rewrite some of it all the time and always start random off-shot projects so it all goes slowly and kind of in circles

currently I have a kickass scripting language binding system using a description language and generating a bunch of template based poo poo, a render api abstraction w/ an opengl 4 backend, a pretty cool vector graphics rendering library that can render arbitrary shapes w/ quadratic bezier curves rasterized on the GPU + a GUI library built on top of it that does automated layout using tables and poo poo

but then I decided to see if I can make a good scripting language that can compile to native code using llvm instead of using a lua so I just finished making a small expression template based peg parsing library

I don't even have a clear idea as to what I'm gonna do with all this poo poo in the end but its fun + instructive to work on

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

I almost rage shopped some capacitors at radio shack the other day. Instead I drove to Fry's, paid less for the caps, but probably spent the difference in gas money. I'm going to have to do the same for more resistors because I can't for the life of my find the right pairs in my stash to make the voltage dividers I need.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you know you can buy all of these parts online for prices very close to free, right?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

gadgethugs posted:

I almost rage shopped some capacitors at radio shack the other day. Instead I drove to Fry's, paid less for the caps, but probably spent the difference in gas money. I'm going to have to do the same for more resistors because I can't for the life of my find the right pairs in my stash to make the voltage dividers I need.

dude just put some in series and/or parallel.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Angry Moo Cow posted:

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bloody posted:

you know you can buy all of these parts online for prices very close to free, right?

yeah but then i'd be on another project by the time these came in and i'd get all annoyed and have to task switch

context switching loving pisses me off and is a waste of my life, i hate it. multitasking is a bullshit non-thing made up by managers and small men to push people around more. focus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

buy a hundred of every common value you might need for like 20 bucks and be set for life