Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

xxEightxx posted:

To put the bullshit that is the Pacific Rim comic in perspective, it is more expensive than a copy of Watchmen, has worse art, no story, and opens with the cliché "the world doesn't fit in its story, the story fits in its world." There are maybe two or three facts that you wouldn't otherwise learn from the movie, so it's not some insightful look into the early years or the jaeger programs initial success. It's basically monsters! oh no!-lets make robots!-que the intro sequence for the movie.

Hey. My kid LOVED it.

*...I did too. It is not a bad comic. It is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Blackchamber posted:

That said I just ordered the 24 pack, and barring any bullshit, I will give you one of your choice of my extras/doubles for being awesome. (I'll let you know when it arrives.)

That's super cool of you, thanks! Are you just gonna post it in the thread?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Raserys posted:

That's super cool of you, thanks! Are you just gonna post it in the thread?

Probably to gloat about my manchild-robot collection, yeah. I'll pm you also though. Its being sent priority so I dunno for sure when it'll show up at my door.

xxEightxx posted:

To put the bullshit that is the Pacific Rim comic in perspective, it is more expensive than a copy of Watchmen, has worse art, no story, and opens with the cliché "the world doesn't fit in its story, the story fits in its world." There are maybe two or three facts that you wouldn't otherwise learn from the movie, so it's not some insightful look into the early years or the jaeger programs initial success. It's basically monsters! oh no!-lets make robots!-que the intro sequence for the movie.

My brother kind of felt the same way you did when he read it, something he did AFTER seeing the movie. I read it before I saw the movie and I think it enhanced my immersion in the movie.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 23, 2013

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

xxEightxx posted:

Yeah I'll save you $17:

That was Stacker's sister that crashed into the first Kaiju, his copilot was her wingman, the Beckets joined up on a lark, Stacker and Mako and copilot had a Family Moment while the latter was dying of cancer. That's it. Also the reporter interviewing people to frame the story used to be a Jaeger groupie and almost broke up the Beckets while they were in academy. That's it.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Ramen Pride! posted:

Hey. My kid LOVED it.

*...I did too. It is not a bad comic. It is what it is.

I was more raging against its price point, should have been 6.99, not $16.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

xxEightxx posted:

I was more raging against its price point, should have been 6.99, not $16.

It should've been another minute and a half of flashback in the movie. But definitely way overpriced. How much does a regular monthly issue of X-men cost these days? It's worth about that much, maybe less.

On Mako and kaiju blue (in the sense of color themes, not poison blood): Girpsy is the same color as her jacket in the flashback. This seems important.

edit: in the comic, baby Mako looks about 80, and the girl scientist who figures out the whole "needs two people" thing has tits bigger than her head. It's not good.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 23, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Flippycunt posted:

I don't have any use for a single random Heroclix (wanted the whole set), so you can have my Striker if you want. If you're in the US paypal like two bucks to cover shipping to KnightofSloth @ gmail.com with your address and I'll mail you mine.

Paypal sent :dance:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Peruser posted:

Yeah, that line and a few others were in Japanese, also Sasha's lines are all in Russian.

It's random gibberish that sounds like Russian, not actual words that exist. At least that's the impression I got. But hey, it's hard to make out what people are saying when there's a Kaiju splashing around. :3:

vvvv Yeah, but there were a few scenes where she said something along the lines of "blah blah blah reactor" which I thought was either a really thick accent, or them trying to make it sound like she was speaking Russian or something.

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 23, 2013

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

The Russian Lady definitely spoke English in the version I saw.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

awesome-express posted:

It's random gibberish that sounds like Russian, not actual words that exist. At least that's the impression I got. But hey, it's hard to make out what people are saying when there's a Kaiju splashing around. :3:

vvvv Yeah, but there were a few scenes where she said something along the lines of "blah blah blah reactor" which I thought was either a really thick accent, or them trying to make it sound like she was speaking Russian or something.

I've only heard her yelling commands in Russian during Cherno's battle(well 50/50 commands and profanities). Were there other lines I missed? Didn't hear them say anything in mess hall or on catwalk.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I think when she's speaking to Stacker she speaks English, but when she's communicating with her husband it was in Russian. I think.

BTW, since someone pointed out that the senior officer in the cockpit is on the right (starboard) side, I guess that makes the wife the senior commander of Cherno, which is kinda cool.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Steve Yun posted:

I think when she's speaking to Stacker she speaks English, but when she's communicating with her husband it was in Russian. I think.

I think she ends up switching to Russian entirely as the fight begins to go bad for Cherno, as well. Sort of like it's easier to speak in Russian with everything going wrong?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A few pages back I was asking about underwater nuclear explosions and we mentioned the way water will cavitate and collapse, and the shockwaves of this would make a "bouncy" effect"

Well I was reminded of it when seeing this rifle shot underwater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5gdUHFGIQ&t=272s

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Yes. It's an attention-pity thing where the people with the most unfortunate lives get the most cred, but for the white middle class people with pretty fortunate lives (and thus no cred) the next best thing is to be sympathetically outraged at what you perceive as oppression. There used to be threads about it in PYF but people gazed too deeply into the abyss.

Yeah, I used to lurk that thread, so, I've seen that sort of behaviour before but it still baffles me. Tumblr introduced words like privilege, sexist, racist, whitewashing, cultural appropriation and a whole host of other words and terms into the collective consciousness of nerds. The thing is, it seemed to happen in a way that came with a lack of understanding that you have to apply those terms with critical thought. It also seems to come with the associated belief that if something can't be perfect then it is horrible. The way I see it, improvement is a matter of gradual degrees - how many other big films like Pacific Rim have included a female protagonist without the overt sexualisation of the male gaze? How many have included members of a multi-national force who speak in their own language without ridicule? How many have included a character like Sasha without ridiculing her for being masculine or depicting her as evil or insane? Hell, how many Australian characters do you see?

It's not perfect, but you would think a film that at least takes steps in the right direction is worth praising. Pacific Rim has a few issues, certainly. Some of these are pretty hard to defend, like the issues with femininity (Slattern, pregnancy) while others... not so much. I would like to see more female characters, but I think it's unfair to disguise that criticism behind 'just change the genders'. If gender doesn't have a purpose in the narrative, isn't reflected by the themes, then it's pointless. Stacker is a father figure, along with Herc. Herc's icy relationship with Chuck wouldn't have the same feel if it was a mother and her son - Chuck's constant struggle to assert his dominance and soothe his fragile ego would probably be derided as sexist.

Hannibal Chau is something I can go either way on. I do kind of think he should have been Chinese, but that would have been a completely different character. I can also see that making a prominent Chinese character a cowardly, self-serving, greedy black marketeer who possesses secret knowledge would also be problematic. I also think there's a significant indication of Pacific Rim's message when, once again, the Jaeger effort is complicated by the selfish nature of an old, rich white man. Hannibal Chau is the face of corruption in China.

It was Lt. Danger, actually, who in the Mass Effect 3 thread indicated to me that it's important to judge a text on what it is and not what it should have been. I dropped that interesting article into the Facebook conversation I took bits from earlier and it's interesting to watch the complete lack of engagement with the idea that it's actually a very clever film, although it is one you might need to watch multiple times. But there's a difference between 'the film has a lack of plot significant female characters in a film that is apparently about co-operation amongst all people' and 'Stacker should have been a black woman', 'the film omitted a asian male protagonist' and so on and so forth. The fact that a faux-intellectual rant gets dressed up to look smart by using very important weighty terms that attempt to show an understanding of sexism, racism, trends in media and etc. without actually engaging with the text really grinds my gears.

There's no perfect film, there probably never will be, but surely applauding films for what they do well and the improvements they demonstrate is a better way of inducing change than blindly decrying it?

It's honestly not something I understand. Part of me leans towards an idea that outrage in the supposed service of some idealogical purity is just easier than sitting down, watching a film or reading a book, finding you enjoy it even with a few elements you find you don't personally like, and maybe having an introspective moment where you wonder how it reflects on you. Somehow, I can like a film like The Place Beyond the Pines, Spring Breakers or Drive and yet still love Transformers. If a film doesn't provoke that introspection then, as far as I'm concerned, it's just not interesting.

It's like there's this trend with, well, for lack of a better term, nerds where you can only engage with media - any media, from tabletop RPGs, to video games, even novels - in a cynical way to prove that you're intelligent and that you're 'better' than the mainstream. But like that blog pointed out, there's nothing smart in that. Is it that hard to earnestly enjoy something, even if it has flaws? I equate Pacific Rim to Avatar in a lot of ways, although I think Pacific Rim handles itself a bit better.

I just think it's telling that the loudest cries of racism and sexism towards Pacific Rim have come from someone who seems to devote an equal amount of consideration towards the 'cultural appropriation' that is the 'dumbed down' anime elements that 'Western audiences' haven't seen before. I find it strange that people draw comparisons between Pacific Rim and Neon Genesis Evangelion on anything but the most superficial level. There's certainly no elements of it in the direction (no focus on clenching/unclenching hands, no lingering on inanimate background objects during heavy scenes, no extended long shots, just to name a few) and nothing in the writing beyond basic stuff. But, like, I'll just copy this:

quote:

Mentally syncing with giant robots to fight mysterious monsters attempting to destroy humanity? Raleigh 'mustn't run away' and is then only one that can pilot the Mark Unit 3. He is brought back by the commander, a secretive and stern father figure who will bear the sins for humanity. The commander has a strange paternal relationship with a short haired (blue highlighted) Asian girl with odd trauma that forms a relationship with shinji because he is a softer version of the commander. Only special children can bare the load of syncing with robots. Other units are representative of nations, like every nation has a Yaeger Project.

How can you willingly misinterpret two texts like that while acting like an expert? Probably because you haven't seen and understood one of them.

And I can't imagine trying to criticise a text without viewing it in full. It'd be like if I set my students an essay on something and said that they didn't have to read it. The opinion isn't valid. It's lazy. It says more that someone cares more about being outraged than actually processing information. As far as I'm concerned, you have to feel strongly about something, probably positively, to give it the best criticism. But it seems like if you love something, you have to love it blindly, and if it has even the smallest flaws you have to despise, at least it in a lot of nerdy circles.

I'll end this here, because it's only tangentially related, but there's so much wrapped up in this topic that I would love to take it apart.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 23, 2013

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Steve Yun posted:

BTW, since someone pointed out that the senior officer in the cockpit is on the right (starboard) side, I guess that makes the wife the senior commander of Cherno, which is kinda cool.

I also heard her say "Beacon is activated" in English.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Panfilo posted:

I also heard her say "Beacon is activated" in English.

I thought it was "Bacon"
So is there any plans for Otachi Figure's or most of the other Kaiju, so far I've only seen figures for Gypsy, Striker and Knifehead along with EU Kaiju/Jaegars

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

SirDrone posted:

I thought it was "Bacon"
So is there any plans for Otachi Figure's or most of the other Kaiju, so far I've only seen figures for Gypsy, Striker and Knifehead along with EU Kaiju/Jaegars

Leatherback (NECA) has one coming. Sideshow has a Slattern statue as well.

TeeFury

http://www.teefury.com/

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 23, 2013

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Given how well the figures have been selling, at least by all accounts, I bet you will get one for each Kaiju and Jaeger featured in the film - and maybe even one for the 'cameo' Jaegers.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

That blog post was interesting and a lot of the weird meta narrative elements shared between the Movie and Thread feed into what you're saying. A lot of what's considered ignoring important details being over looked, for example the talk about how colour is used in the film are difficult for me to start talking about because I approach things like painting. Where it's about trying to figure out the larger picture with regard to contrast, tone and composition before trying to zone in on details and how they feed into that, so it's about big strokes at first, It's very much about not starting with One Correct Reading as others alluded to but working towards a better understanding of the whole picture.

For instance here are two very tiny details to me that are no less important than the whole picture, but it's difficult to fully form my thoughts surrounding them, The blue coat young Mako wears while holding the red shoe. The blue is very much so Kaiju blue, but here it's a thin layer of protection while she holds her heart outside herself, is this because the grief from losing her family was so traumatic(undoubtedly) that she wants someone to take the the painful symbolism it contains away? What happens next, I can't be sure of this until I've my hands on a copy of the blu-ray, she seems to lose it once the jets fly overhead and the Kaiju lashes out. We later seen the Pentecost had her heart and was protecting it all along, waiting to give it back to her once Mako was ready to come to terms with the traumatic loss of her family.

In contrast we have Hannibal chow, who loses his shoe and then is more disgruntled over that fact, as we've seen in the movie he cowardly despite the facade he is trying to project as a cold, calculating and ruthless business man who is to be feared. So for me does that mean he shares similarities to the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz?

As another example of contrast in the film we have the "let's check for a pulse" scene, Before Raleigh happily desecrates Leatherbacks corpse. We see Leatherback check Striker Eureka for signs of life, but it's a gentle nudge if you at least give some thought to this quote(sorry to keep bringing it up) "Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy." next you see in the cockpit one of the pilots injured because of the gentle nudge from the Kaiju perspective.

See for me Leatherback is KingKong and Otachi is Godzilla, these are the references and influences from my childhood that I'm seeing in the Kaiju, with the Jaegers it's the giant mechs from Robot Jox, influences I recall with affection, which translates over to Pacific Rim and help me change the initial wrong impression I was taking from the movie(see last post).

The complaining about SJW posts rather than addressing problems you see with them in the discussion doesn't help, often when reading threads here observing the back and forth on important topics the benefit is for the others reading it, honestly it helps a lot, how they interpret that as simply a reaffirmation of their view is another question. Also the quoting out of context and the repeated definition spirals just seem to warp the original intent of the points being made. Maybe it needed more clarity in regards to how it related to the movie but responses with dictionary/list posts :psypop: don't seem the way to go.

Like the WWII imagery, nationalistic tones and militarized response to an outside threat and posts surrounding the topic we're actually good. I can relate points in that discussion to groups in the UK like the BNP/EDL and I could easily be wrong about this, but they seem to easily identify with similar ones from other nations/cultures and how that's proof they aren't horrible bigots, they just want rid of those immigrants who take our jobs, homes and streets and change them into something foreign, alien, different and holy poo poo do they love their reappropriation of WWII imagery.

e: typos

e2: Just to make it more clear with regards to Hannibal, his shoe and the use of colour, Which I remember as black with gold plating and again this feeds back into his character.

brawleh fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 23, 2013

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Sadly I didn't think the Hong Kong of the movie looked much like the real thing - a few landmark buildings in the background aside, it came across more as Hollywood Chinese Sterotype town. I guess you can hand wave it with being in the post-Kaiju future with bone slums and all.

Not sure if it was just me, but I thought it looked a lot like the city in Final Fantasy VII. Midgar? I was waiting to see Cloud walking around dressed up as a woman.

Also, Mako says something that isn't translated at one part. I think after she says "This is for my family!" or whatever. Do we know what she said?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 23, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

Not sure if it was just me, but I thought it looked a lot like the city in Final Fantasy VII. Midgar? I was waiting to see Cloud walking around dressed up as a woman.

Also, Mako says something that isn't translated at one part. I think after she says "This is for my family!" or whatever. Do we know what she said?

I thought they took a few blocks of Hong Kong then "updated" it to match the future universe? They might talk about it in the art book somewhere.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

PaganGoatPants posted:

TeeFury

Well, I've been getting too small for my old tees, anyway. Thanks for linking those.

brawleh posted:

So for me does that mean he shares similarities to the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz?

I am tempted to commission the most adorkable crossover fanart. Otachi Jr. can be Toto.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sledge posted:

If you do a search on iTunes you will see two identical versions of the Pacific Rim soundtrack at the same price, $9.99, except one version of the soundtrack has the "Drift" track, and the other, which is the older version of the soundtrack, doesn't.

If you bought the older Pacific Rim soundtrack on iTunes you're out of luck getting "Drift" as an additional free download unless you buy the track for an additional cost. $1.29.

If you're thinking of buying the Pacific Rim OST, be sure to search for the one that has 26 tracks, that's the one that has "Drift". The other version with 25 tracks does not.
Yep, learned that the hard way, that was a pretty lovely way for iTunes to handle it.

Having said that I listened to the Drift track to see if I wanted to drop the $1.29 on it and thought it sucked, so I don't feel like I missed out on much. :shrug:

I do wish the soundtrack included the main theme remix that plays over the start of the end credits, though.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Philthy posted:

As far as I'm aware, she only has one untranslated line.

It's right at the end. Just before Striker Eureka sets off the nuke, she says "Teacher, I love you" to Stacker. I love that it was left untranslated, because it was a message meant specifically for her adoptive father, not for anyone else.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I got a Coyote Tango from the 2.99 "deal". Two of my friends also ordered about an hour after I did and had their orders cancelled.

I just ordered a 24 count box on amazon from a seller "Geek Empire" for 62.99 including shipping, which seems to be a pretty standard price considering the shipping on the box is going to be pretty high. The minutures market had the box for $50, but the shipping was $12 for instance.

I wasn't planning on ordering more, but the model I did get was bigger than I expected, and very well detailed, and the single models seem to be sold out on most of the sites like Troll and Toad already. I'm probably just going to give away most of them to my friends and hold on to a set of at least the robots.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Polaron posted:

As far as I'm aware, she only has one untranslated line.

It's right at the end. Just before Striker Eureka sets off the nuke, she says "Teacher, I love you" to Stacker. I love that it was left untranslated, because it was a message meant specifically for her adoptive father, not for anyone else.

I didn't know what it meant until now but that was probably my favorite part of the movie first time around.

A Dirty Sock
Nov 4, 2005

Death to Legoland!
Yeah Mako is so tied with the kaiju in history and visual identity. That red shoe is also Pentecost's promise to her that they would take revenge, so it represents more than one thing. (Little nice touch, she does lose it in the alley scene crying behind the dumpster but picks it back up after the crabjiu is dead.) The shoe also shows her growth, from the little helpless girl who sees in Stacker and the jaegar the embodiment of the power fantasy that is giant robots (catch her face as it goes from frightened to triumphant, almost exultant), to someone who now has her own agency. I don't know if it's in the novelization, but we are never shown if Pentecost kept the shoe to himself or if Mako knew. If he's kept it secret all this time, then that makes it an even more powerful scene.

The sparring scene is great too because it shows Raleigh and Mako going at each other with the same cocky, posturing body language. There's so much said with a head nod and hand gesture that it would be redundant to have them have conversation about it later. As the article points out, there's so much nonverbal communication going on in the movie that isn't exposition. I do think he has a point about critics placing a lot of emphasis on the written script and giving the visual elements of a visual medium a cursory glance.

On gender: it's easy to miss in 3D but I noticed in 2D is that there are a lot of women in the jaegar ground crews. It's hard to tell since everyone is wearing similar outfits but the gender balance in the background is a lot better than at the Wall which I think are almost all men. I'll need to watch the wall scenes again to see if my guess is correct.

Any thoughts on why the Striker crew are the only ones who notch their kills on their suits rather than their jaegar?

Edit:

Miltank posted:

I didn't know what it meant until now but that was probably my favorite part of the movie first time around.

She also uses the incredibly formal version of "love" that you use for your parents/family members and big, important things.

jivjov posted:

Having your kill count on your suit means that everyone you walk by on the way to your jaegar knows how much of a badass you are. There was also the news interview after the Sydney wall was breached, anyone who watched that would see Chuck's kill count. I'd imagine he, more that Herc, would be the one wanting the extra attention of "hey look, see this, this means I've saved millions of lives multiple times over, I'm a big drat hero"

Ah, of course. Suits his character perfectly.

A Dirty Sock fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 24, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Having your kill count on your suit means that everyone you walk by on the way to your jaegar knows how much of a badass you are. There was also the news interview after the Sydney wall was breached, anyone who watched that would see Chuck's kill count. I'd imagine he, more that Herc, would be the one wanting the extra attention of "hey look, see this, this means I've saved millions of lives multiple times over, I'm a big drat hero"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

TeeFury

Wanna see Raleigh and Mako wearing one of these:

http://www.idakoos.com/tshirt/usa-combat-robot-flag-clip-army,176177

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Home > T-Shirts > Sports > Combat Robot

I'd spend more time in Dick's if they were more supportive of Combat Robot.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
This is great. Not only is Pacific Rim #1 internationally, but William Gibson loved it.

http://www.geekosystem.com/pacific-rim-international/

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Is it worth it to catch up on the last 80 pages or so of the thread?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Maarak posted:

Absolutely not.

Most of it is people complaining about the toys they bought on Amazon being wrong, or something.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Maarak posted:

Pacific rim is an allegory for fascism or it isn't.
The comic isn't worth $16 bucks or it is.
Heroclix not honoring their $2.99 pricing for 24 pacific rim figures is bullshit or it isn't. People are getting free heroclix out of it though.
Occasional "this movie didn't do it for me" post.
Mako is anime as gently caress.

You are now current.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Maarak posted:

Fascism, phallus, Evangelion, :godwin::godwin: I want 23 free figurines :argh:

There, you're all caught up.

e: Eureka was slicing into that category 5 kaiju like a ham, was expecting it to fall apart like a pile of cold cuts. :black101:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 23, 2013

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Maarak posted:

There were some quality posts before toy bullshit. Once you hit that just close the tab and throw your laptop through a window.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ramen Pride! posted:

This is great. Not only is Pacific Rim #1 internationally, but William Gibson loved it.

And for the counterpoint to that post, we're going live to some moron jackass

:smith:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Ramen Pride! posted:

Haha, Google ad under the article was "6 Arguments for the Existence of God" for me, they're getting good.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
It was revealed that the 'Category 5' Kaiju's designated codename is "filthy slut," and that the heroes are not misogynistic at all; how could you think that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I dunno, "Slattern" isn't mentioned in the movie. I dunno what the rules are about judging a movie based on the comics/apocrypha.

• Locked thread