Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shear Modulus posted:

There's costume DLC for Ace Attorney? :psyduck:
That's the most unnecessary thing to make so you can charge people for it and the Capcom thing ever.

e: Like seriously that's dumber than horse armor.

It's free for the first few weeks of release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aergo
Feb 1, 2009

robodex posted:

It's pretty much the best game guide ever, I don't think any other guide has done anything similar since. Exception being, of course, the Mother 3 guide that Fangamer put together, but that's not official and was intentionally made to mimic the style of EB's.

The Earthbound guide even had little scratch n sniff cards in it!

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Shear Modulus posted:

That's the most unnecessary thing to make so you can charge people for it and the Capcom thing ever.

So have you just not played a Capcom game in the last, I don't know, 5 years? :v:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zaphod42 posted:

Remember, Earthbound was unique in that the game was sold in a huge box that included the guide with it. So it wasn't even like some add-on thing. That's pretty awesome.

That always initially put me off to the game. As a kid I imagine a game so difficult that they had to include a players guide with it. Then I rented it and did pretty well on my own without the guide so I decided to get it. Then realized that now that I had the guide I kept looking at it the whole time and probably ruined the game for me.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Zaphod42 posted:

I just saw that PS4 and XBone game cases are even smaller and thinner than 360/PS3 cases, so they've finally done away with manuals entirely. I'm expecting them to merely have a slip of paper saying "Go to https://www.ea.com/... for assitance"

The manual is DLC. :v:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Astro7x posted:

That always initially put me off to the game. As a kid I imagine a game so difficult that they had to include a players guide with it. Then I rented it and did pretty well on my own without the guide so I decided to get it. Then realized that now that I had the guide I kept looking at it the whole time and probably ruined the game for me.

Keep in mind, EB was a really hard sell back in 1995 since up until then most RPGs were serious and took place in fantasy worlds. The guide was an effort by NOA to make the game stand out more and sell more copies.

Part of what makes the guide unique is it was only part of the English release--MOTHER 2 was released in a standard box since it was already a relatively big release there. Shigesato Itoi is a celebrity in Japan and MOTHER 1 was pretty popular, so they didn't do anything special like that for the release.

Anyway I will totally stop sperging out about EB right now and making GBS threads up the Wii U thread with dumb factoids about an 18-year-old game :v:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shear Modulus posted:

That's the most unnecessary thing to make so you can charge people for it and the most Capcom thing ever.

At least it isn't already on the game and just unlocked when you buy the dlc.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

njsykora posted:

Nonomatic is good but a lot of the puzzles are really freaking easy and way too many of them are just symmetrical.

Nemo Nemo Picross is the best I've found on android. The 'Big mode' is where all the 20x and 25x grids are hiding.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

So that Code of Princess game is $20 on the eShop for a limited time. Anyone have any experience with it? It also apparently has online multiplayer, so that could be a thing if some of us get it I guess.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

The T posted:

So that Code of Princess game is $20 on the eShop for a limited time. Anyone have any experience with it? It also apparently has online multiplayer, so that could be a thing if some of us get it I guess.

Bad voice acting, repetative beat-'em-up gameplay that never changes or adds new moves, anime as gently caress plot, and character designs I'd be embarrassed by if anyone saw me play it.

Even if you like that kind of thing I'm not sure it's worth $20.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
It's a poorly optimized and less-good Guardian Heroes (made by the same guys). If you're into the genre, it's not the worst, but the game feels sloppily put together and has some massive frame rate issues.

I enjoyed it and for $20 I'd say go for it if your income is that disposable.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can see the slowdown in Code of Princess as soon as you start the first battle. It immediately went into the folder of oblivion on my home screen.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Wii U eShop has gotten a little makeover for Pikmin 3's release.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 25):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pikmin 3 - €49.99 / £39.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES) €7.99 / £5.49
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    SENGOKU (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Pikmin 3 on the eShop, get Wonderful 101 on the eShop for 30% off! - ends September 21
    Buy any three Panorama View tours, get the fourth free! - ends August 8
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 1
    Donkey Kong (NES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until August 13

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Black Bass 3D - €19.99 / £17.99
    I Love My Pets - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Street Gangs (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
DSiWARE
    Petit Computer - 800 Points / €7.99 / £7.19
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    New Art Academy (3DS) - 50% off all DLC lessons from July 28-August 11
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from until August 1
    Football Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.89 / £4.19 until July 25

NA update (week of July 25):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kid Icarus (NES) $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Add over $50 / $100 to your eShop wallet, get an extra $5 / $10! - ends July 29
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 1
    Donkey Kong (NES VC Trial Campaign) - $0.30 until August 13

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Angler's Club: Ultimate Bass Fishing 3D - $29.95
3DS eSHOP
    Picross e2 - $5.99
    Chain Blaster - $6.99
    Chain Blaster (demo)
DSiWARE
    Cute Witch! Runner - 200 Points / $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until August 1
    Rising Board 3D (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until August 8

(Street Gangs = River City Ransom, for those who don't know)

Chain Blaster is a Japanese doujin game inspired by Every Extend Extra; there's a free demo, looks fun.

Petit Computer! My body is ready! (to quit after a few days)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 just in case you haven't spent enough on the eShop lately.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
No River City Ransom? Nintendooooooo! :argh:

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone know if the Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101 promotion is happening in Australia too? I know most eShop deals tend be across all PAL regions, but then again, it's also Nintendo of Australia.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Champeenship posted:

Does anyone know if the Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101 promotion is happening in Australia too? I know most eShop deals tend be across all PAL regions, but then again, it's also Nintendo of Australia.

It's really a good idea to have an account set to a European country, you save around 20% on everything on the eShop by default and you'll get access to all their promotions. Australia is a ripoff.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

cobalt impurity posted:

Bad voice acting, repetative beat-'em-up gameplay that never changes or adds new moves, anime as gently caress plot, and character designs I'd be embarrassed by if anyone saw me play it.

Even if you like that kind of thing I'm not sure it's worth $20.

"Stop that!" "Sorry about this!" "Finishing blow!" "Finishing blow!" "Finishing blow!" "Stop that!" "Finishing blow!"

Considering that the entire game is just doing the same few moves over and over again, you'd think they'd have more than 5 total lines of combat dialogue per character. Oh, and maybe more than one stage song and one boss song for the entirety of the game. So many parts of the game are so lazily done.

Code of Princess is not a good game, even if you like beat-em-ups it's a lousy choice for the genre with barely any depth.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Petit Computer! My body is ready! (to quit after a few days)
Yay, better late than never, Europe :dance:

If anyone gets Petit Computer and is looking for something fun to download and/or actually manages to finish a project, please stop by our glorious thread on the subject. Petitcom is pretty cool, y'all, even if my library is a pile of half-finished ideas and broken dreams.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
Has anyone been able to get Nintendo to attach games bought on the E-Shop before they registered their 3DS with Club Nintendo? I've sent their customer service two emails now with no response besides a questionnaire about how my service was.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

kevin mung posted:

Has anyone been able to get Nintendo to attach games bought on the E-Shop before they registered their 3DS with Club Nintendo? I've sent their customer service two emails now with no response besides a questionnaire about how my service was.
I have yet to actually register my XL, but I did link it to my Club Nintendo account, so all my eShop purchases have "counted." Linking to your account is the important thing. I think registering the hardware just gives you coins. Yeah it's a little confusing.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine

Minidust posted:

I have yet to actually register my XL, but I did link it to my Club Nintendo account, so all my eShop purchases have "counted." Linking to your account is the important thing. I think registering the hardware just gives you coins. Yeah it's a little confusing.

Oh cool, I had no idea I had to link it. Thanks a bunch, I'll try this when I get home.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Pope Guilty posted:

What did you expect from NoA? Quality releases on time?

I mean poo poo, we got Kid Icarus two weeks later than Europe did so we didn't even get that "Buy Kid Icarus or Metroid get the other 50% off" deal (Not that I need to buy Metroid again, I've already got it on my 3DS and don't feel any reason to get it on my Wii U as well.)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RMZXAnarchy posted:

What did you expect from NoA? Quality releases on time?

I mean poo poo, we got Kid Icarus two weeks later than Europe did so we didn't even get that "Buy Kid Icarus or Metroid get the other 50% off" deal (Not that I need to buy Metroid again, I've already got it on my 3DS and don't feel any reason to get it on my Wii U as well.)

Or the fact we still don't have Warioland 3. NoA sucks for the most part, ugh.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Pope Guilty posted:

Go ask, uh...wait, who owns River City Ransom now that Technos Japan is dead?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mercury Crusader posted:

I believe a small group called Million that's run by one of its creators and basically licenses out any Double Dragon/Super Dodgeball/RCR stuff now and was basically created for this purpose.

Also old news, but that Shantae: Risky's Revenge game from the DSi totally owns. I can't believe I didn't get it til now.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Neo Rasa posted:

I believe a small group called Million that's run by one of its creators and basically licenses out any Double Dragon/Super Dodgeball/RCR stuff now and was basically created for this purpose.

Also old news, but that Shantae: Risky's Revenge game from the DSi totally owns. I can't believe I didn't get it til now.

Ah right, I keep forgetting the name of the company. They really haven't done much I guess, asides from letting WayForward make Double Dragon Neon, which rules. I'd buy it again if they released it on the Wii U.

And yeah, I loved Shantae: Risky's Revenge. It's odd because I normally don't enjoy "Metroidvanias" that much, but I guess it's because it doesn't have a lot of tacked-on RPG elements. Shame about the map in the game. Love the soundtrack as well (no idea why the video is 12 minutes long when the song is 6 minutes long).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mercury Crusader posted:

The international VC releases for the Technos/Million stuff (Double Dragon, RCR, the Kunio-Kun games, etc) are handled by Aksys, I believe. They're generally fairly prompt when it comes to getting things out in both regions.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Street Gangs' listing says you can play two players using Download Play with a single copy of the game. That's pretty cool.

Anyone taken the punt to confirm if it's 50hz or not?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Oh neat, I had forgotten all about the Digital Deluxe Promotion. I checked out the site for the first time since I bought my Wii U and had a $5 certificate waiting for me! The codes can be redeemed on the 3DS eShop as well, which was a nice surprise.

Also threw $100 into my Wii U account for that promotion. I believe the $10 code you get from that can only be redeemed on Wii U. Would I get DDP credit for that as well? If so, that's another $10 I can spend on 3DS stuff, which is pretty awesome.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I got the 30 dollars credit from the SMT4/Fire Emblem promotion, but I have no idea what to blow it on. Anyone have any general recommendations?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I got the 30 dollars credit from the SMT4/Fire Emblem promotion, but I have no idea what to blow it on. Anyone have any general recommendations?

Pushmo, Crashmo, DLC for FE and SMT (could use all $30+ on this), Gunman Clive, a zelda or two perhaps...

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Save it until August 11th, and get Mario & Luigi: Dream Team!

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Minidust posted:

I believe the $10 code you get from that can only be redeemed on Wii U.

This is not true, eShop funding codes work on both Wii U and 3DS provided they're set to the same country. I have yet to check if they give you DDP points though, but since you can also buy eShop credit in a store using cash I don't see why it wouldn't count it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, you might finally be getting Kirby's Dream Land 2 on the 3DS VC soon - it's listed on the NOA site with a release date of August 1 ie next week.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I put mine on WiiU eShop to bore it on Pikmin later. Because if you put 50 or 100 on eShop by Sunday, you get another 5 or 10 dollar bonus respectively, and I figured I'm getting at least Pikmin and one other Nintendo game this year. If not for that promotion I probably would have used it on Dream Team.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, you might finally be getting Kirby's Dream Land 2 on the 3DS VC soon - it's listed on the NOA site with a release date of August 1 ie next week.

Holy poo poo, FINALLY.

There was absolutely no god drat reason for them to put it off this long, its been two years since it came out everywhere else! (Though maybe its only been one.)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Box of Bunnies posted:

Street Gangs' listing says you can play two players using Download Play with a single copy of the game. That's pretty cool.

Anyone taken the punt to confirm if it's 50hz or not?

If you mean slow as hell, then no. The 3DS VC version is pretty hectic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

IIRC you only have to be weary about the 50hz poo poo on the Wii U. 3DS games are all the US versions.