Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Wow, I haven't seen that since I was in middle school. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There has been a stunning increase in radio commercials wherein people loving say "hashtag" in dialogue. Like "I fell down the stairs, I feel like I'm some sort of hashtag moron."

It makes me want to go on some sort of crusade of violence.

Also a Toyota commercial does it too on the TV so its vaguely relevant to this thread.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
gently caress Toyota and gently caress Scion.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjf714B0Ob4

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

Gonz posted:

gently caress Toyota and gently caress Scion.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjf714B0Ob4

Man I saw this and I was afraid it was by Pogo but thankfully it isn't.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Rirse posted:

Vonage has never had any good commercials, but their batch with the hippie turned CEO is giving me Geico Cavemen flashbacks, and that something nobody ever wanted to remember.

That new jerk IS annoying. And as a dude who lives in south Texas, a guy busting through a wall with a sledgehammer screaming "¡MÉXICOOOO! :supaburn:" would freak me out.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

I think Flo has outstayed her welcome by about three years. :wrongful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z89_M4QuX_Y

Between that, the radio ads, and "Let's get ready to BUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" I would have to agree.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

iastudent posted:

I'm fairly sure I just heard someone in an IHOP commercial say "This has swag!" in reference to a dish.

Not just any dish my friend, bananas-and-cream pancakes. At least I can tell my kids I was there the moment "swag" lost all meaning.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I swear, if I have to listen to that teenage brat whining to her mom about how her super-expensive jeans will get ruined in the washing machine, I don't know what I'll do.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

What is Bill Hader doing in a commercial for cellphones?

I really loved the guy on SNL.

It's sad to see there three brightest stars wind up in terrible places. Sudekis is doing terrible movies featuring Jennifer Anniston, Samberg is doing some really stupid cop drama/sandler movies, and Hader is now reduced to this. :smith:.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's sad to see there three brightest stars wind up in terrible places. Sudekis is doing terrible movies featuring Jennifer Anniston, Samberg is doing some really stupid cop drama/sandler movies, and Hader is now reduced to this. :smith:.

That's about on par for what SNL people do, they go and do big name comedy films but since the films are big name they have a lot of production and blah blah they turn out poo poo because it was a big movie with a now big star so whoever is financing it wants it to make more megabux and it ends up lovely.

I mean really think back about how many SNL stars go on to immediately make something pretty good that isn't a smaller production, a niche thing, or years after they left the show. You'll come up with some but then you're forgetting all the other stuff they've done that everyone's forgotten that was similar to whatever this pot dealer movie with Sudeikis is (is it actually bad? I do kinda like it looks good).

Also comedians aren't writers and have bad taste or something.

edit: Take Dan Aykroyd for example, you may think oh The Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters but then you're forgetting 1941, which came out right after he left SNL, or whatever Mr Mike's Mondo Video is, also right after SNL, you forget Neighbors (I'm presuming it's a lovely movie), and Doctor Detroit, or Spies Like Us, or Nothing But Trouble (a movie he wrote and directed keep in mind).

People from SNL have a lot of misses too you know.

Also SNL kinda sucks and always has :colbert:

edit: Actually in other commercial news, Marineland has made a new commercial with their same ol lovely annoying song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZVooO1FZM

If you don't know what Marineland is it's a lovely waterpark thing near Niagara Falls that is pretty infamous for having a commercial that ran for like 15 years (seriously it's been about that long) all over Canada and parts of the US with a really catchy but horrible song.

Here's the old one if you've never had the pleasure of being subjected to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1XOzE15iPk

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 27, 2013

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You did not just say Spies Like Us was bad.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sash! posted:

Goddamn straight, the only one of those films considered a missus Nothing But Trouble , which was goddamn weird.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Young Freud posted:

Goddamn straight, the only one of those films considered a missus Nothing But Trouble , which was goddamn weird.

Chevy Chase vanity project. I'm willing to bet it would've been better had he not been able to say, "it'd be better if my character did this."

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Sash! posted:

Amen, brother. And I will brook no slander of 1941.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Is anyone surprised Andy Samberg is turning into Adam Sandler 2.0? The first time I saw him I immediately thought "is he gonna be this generations Adam Sandler?" Not that I think it's a good thing to be or anything, but just like the 2013 edition.

I loving hate that Scion commercial, and all commercials that do that poo poo. Especially Kit Kats. Go gently caress yourself, kitkats.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

SpookyLizard posted:

Is anyone surprised Andy Samberg is turning into Adam Sandler 2.0? The first time I saw him I immediately thought "is he gonna be this generations Adam Sandler?" Not that I think it's a good thing to be or anything, but just like the 2013 edition.

He made a splash with that SNL Digital short and everybody thought he was going to be the Next Big Thing. I never thought he was funny in the least bit. Just like Sandler. The only thing worse than Sandler are his hardcore fans.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FuzzySkinner posted:

He still writes for South Park (whether that's a step up is arguable) and I think I saw him the other day on Craig Ferguson about a movie he's in / going to be in, so it's not like he's doing nothing but cell phone commercials. They're pretty funny commercials so I don't see what the big deal is.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

raditts posted:

He still writes for South Park (whether that's a step up is arguable) and I think I saw him the other day on Craig Ferguson about a movie he's in / going to be in, so it's not like he's doing nothing but cell phone commercials. They're pretty funny commercials so I don't see what the big deal is.

I think that was The To-Do List, which he's in and his wife directed or something along those lines, which seems like a good movie but also on the smaller scale of things.

And I didn't say anything about those commercials because hell I'd do those commercials, some company decided to pay him megabucks to talk about how great the Galaxy or whatever is for 30 seconds, that's a good deal.

edit: you son of a bitch did you quote me and edit it out or am I going crazy

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

piratepilates posted:

edit: you son of a bitch did you quote me and edit it out or am I going crazy

I did by accident at first, yeah :v:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I liked Hader showing up as a computer voice in the newest Star Trek.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sash! posted:

Or Doctor Detroit (ok, it is bad but still you have a guy with a fake metal hand swordfighting a fat madam named Mom, how can you not like it?)

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Or Doctor Detroit (ok, it is bad but still you have a guy with a fake metal hand swordfighting a fat madam named Mom, how can you not like it?)

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Amen, brother. And I will brook no slander of 1941.

Sash! posted:

You see in 10 or 20 years there's going to be a whole bunch of people going "oh you did not just say Sudeikis Drug Dealing Family Movie was bad, ok maybe it was but that one part was really good!!" in the same way you people are.

Doesn't mean that movie is not going to probably be bad!!

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 28, 2013

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

piratepilates posted:

You see in 10 or 20 years there's going to be a whole bunch of people going "oh you did not just say Sudeikis Drug Dealing Family Movie was bad, ok maybe it was but that one part was really good!!" in the same way you people are.

Doesn't mean that movie is not going to be bad!!

Of course you don't know if the Sudekis movie is going to be good yet.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's no part of Spies Like Us I'm going to say is good.

Because the whole movie is good.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I liked Hader showing up as a computer voice in the newest Star Trek.

Wait what? I guessed I phased out hearing any specific computer voice, which one specifically? Also isn't Hader in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs? Cause that movie owns bones. And his cellphone commercials are pretty decent and FAR from the usual crap.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

squarerandom posted:

Wait what? I guessed I phased out hearing any specific computer voice, which one specifically?

I'm pretty sure it's when the Vengeance is crashing into Earth- the voice warning Khan that the ship's about to be destroyed sounds a HELL of a lot like Hader and there he was in the credits.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Spies Like Us is pretty solid gold, what the gently caress are you on about.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I guess advertisers must have heard me complaining about "I Love It" and decided to stop playing it...and start playing "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore in everything.

Also shame on Hot Pockets for trying to pass off their product as some kind of gourmet treat that won't burn the gently caress out of your mouth.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
It's not really a TV ad, and I don't know how widespread this is or not, but at the store where I work there's this Snapple advertisement that gets played over the loudspeaker every so often, with this announcer guy and this old man talking about half-and-half iced tea and lemonade, and the announcer treats it as the most AWE-INSPIRING, MIND-BLOWING THING EVER. I have to hear this poo poo every hour for eight hours a day while I do inventory and I am just so sick of it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Yeah, I've been in stores where there is a terrible loving commercial about the store that comes up several times in my short shopping trip. I think to myself "If I had to hear this thing for 8 hours I would kill as many customers as I could and then myself."

I also wonder how people who drive the loving ice cream truck don't go insane and just start mowing down kids with that horrible music.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Also shame on Hot Pockets for trying to pass off their product as some kind of gourmet treat that won't burn the gently caress out of your mouth.

Its part of their hilarious product relaunch where they're trying to appeal to Millenials because their studies told them that Millenials know what Prosciuotto is. I'm not joking about that. Chasing Millenials while cutting costs is the same reason KFC now has no bones in its chicken so prepare to experience the joy of being targeted to by people who don't really understand data.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Its part of their hilarious product relaunch where they're trying to appeal to Millenials because their studies told them that Millenials know what Prosciuotto is. I'm not joking about that. Chasing Millenials while cutting costs is the same reason KFC now has no bones in its chicken so prepare to experience the joy of being targeted to by people who don't really understand data.

I for one am glad to see the millennials paving the way for food in pill form.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Is it just me or are there WAY too many kids making GBS threads their pants (or making GBS threads in general) in commercials this year? To wit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCuyMbyFE_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjREqarKLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GZVUfKFwMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOS8T_LIo6E

It's not "cute" or funny or anything. It's just loving gross, ad people. Stop.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Those Clorox commercials would be so much better if the actors in them drank a bunch of Clorox bleach.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, I've been in stores where there is a terrible loving commercial about the store that comes up several times in my short shopping trip. I think to myself "If I had to hear this thing for 8 hours I would kill as many customers as I could and then myself."

I also wonder how people who drive the loving ice cream truck don't go insane and just start mowing down kids with that horrible music.

It's annoying, but after working at a store that played loud music/ads on a CD (so they would repeat constantly throughout the day) I found that eventually you just kind of tune it out unless it's really super obnoxious. I kind of stopped noticing there was even music playing at all most of the time.

OK, Christmas did kind of make me consider suicide but the music was only partially to blame.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Uh oh. Guess what day it is!

Guess. What. Day. It. Is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Gonz posted:

Those Clorox commercials would be so much better if the actors in them drank a bunch of Clorox bleach.

My pals and I all drink clorox, or eat snowy bleach right out of the box. Bleach keeps you young so I've been told.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Wagonburner posted:

My pals and I all drink clorox, or eat snowy bleach right out of the box. Bleach keeps you young so I've been told.

Drink it with a chaser is the first thing that I learned

I think I've seen more Dead Milkmen jokes in the last month than basically ever before in my life

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu20sOpPdEU

Anytime this comes on I want to throw my TV out a window :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Retail Slave posted:

Uh oh. Guess what day it is!

Guess. What. Day. It. Is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA

Do they only show this commercial on Wednesdays? Because otherwise it's a weird coincidence that that's the only time I ever see it.