Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Valeyard posted:

I really hope they get the WWE Network launched eventually, maybe then we would see reality shows about erryone

JTG's reality show: featuring no wrestling footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

Valeyard posted:

I really hope they get the WWE Network launched eventually, maybe then we would see reality shows about erryone

At one point I remember they talked about a show about Big Show and his wife and what she feeds him, I thought I would be interested in that one

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

JTG's reality show: featuring no wrestling footage

It would all be worth it for when we see him waking up and checking http://www.lolwrestling.com/howlonghasjtgbeenemployed/ every morning

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Valeyard posted:

It would all be worth it for when we see him waking up and checking http://www.lolwrestling.com/howlonghasjtgbeenemployed/ every morning

It'd be better if he checked his employment status by searching "who will win the sheep game" on the WWE site.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This show is going to be amazing. :allears:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wait just a drat minute, now.

The original plan was to follow up Punk/Taker with a MIXED TAG MATCH?!?!

Insanity.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

keevo posted:

This show is going to be amazing. :allears:

99% contrived TV bullshit

1% real talk

But yeah, this show is gonna be entertaining.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Vincent - Best in the World. I look forward to him and Santino teaming.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonz posted:

Insanity.
Instead, they followed it up with Rock/Cena 2: Once Was Quite Enough For A Few Lifetimes.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 29, 2013

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Perigryn posted:

Instead, they followed it up with Rock/Cena 2: Once Was Enough For A Few Lifetimes

Hopefully Cena gets married to Titty Bella and then retires.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonz posted:

Hopefully Cena gets married to Titty Bella and then retires.
Don't wish that Bella on him...and he'll overcome the odds of retirement anyway.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 29, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"I'm dating my boyfriend, Jon. He also goes by the name Jimmy Uso"

Kayfabe is dead :smith:

Watched it with my best friend who isn't into WWE but loves trashy reality tv. We both loved it. The show is glorious. :allears:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I've said it before, but the only WWE reality show that will interest me is HBO doing 24/7: The Road to Wrestlemania. That would be awesome.

Ambrosia
Jul 25, 2013
This show was so much better than I expected. I didn't really care about all the fake drama, but seeing Bryan acting like a normal human being and the small peek at what's going on backstage makes it worth sitting through one hour of this. The preview also looked juicy, even if 99% of it is fake and made for TV.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I've said it before, but the only WWE reality show that will interest me is HBO doing 24/7: The Road to Wrestlemania. That would be awesome.

Make this happen:

WWE Corporate Headquarters
1241 East Main Street
Stamford, CT 06902
(203) 352-8600

Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY 10019-8016
(212) 484-8000

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

My wife (who cannot stand wrestling) watched the show and enjoyed it. She thinks Daniel Bryan seems like a very nice man.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't believe that Natalya was that shocked that she wasn't going to be on the Wrestlemania card, especially when she has done absolutely nothing on TV in recent months. And even the Diva's champion Kaitlyn wasn't even on the card. I remember them showing Kaitlyn at Access doing a lame thing where she was posting hints to where she was on Twitter and people had to find her. That must have been very sad... I wonder how many people even bothered.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I was more shocked by the fact that they didn't refer to Jim god-drat Neidhart by name.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x posted:

I can't believe that Natalya was that shocked that she wasn't going to be on the Wrestlemania card

It's called acting :ssh:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

I was more shocked by the fact that they didn't refer to Jim god-drat Neidhart by name.
Does one ask the sun "Are you the sun?"

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

VogeGandire posted:

Who?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nattie's Dad :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

VogeGandire posted:

To be somewhat fair they had her saying his name out loud a few minutes earlier. Perhaps by the time they came to put his current footage into the edit compared to what they had just added from the Hart Foundation heyday they wanted to distance themselves from how far he had let himself go.

And oh god, I just watched it and it was indeed far more entertaining than it had any right to be. I don't watch ANY of the normal reality tv bollocks so this is all new ground to me, her asking Cena about marriage in front of the cameras was a godawful trap question but I'm presuming that's how this poo poo works.

"I look like Lion King" :v: She had a point though, it did look bloody terrible. Should have taken a polaroid to show grumpy Jane.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 29, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I can't believe that Natalya was that shocked that she wasn't going to be on the Wrestlemania card, especially when she has done absolutely nothing on TV in recent months. And even the Diva's champion Kaitlyn wasn't even on the card.

Shhh... it's a work.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Gonz posted:

Insanity.
Why is that insane? Cool-down matches between main events have been around forever.

I went against my better judgment and watched this show. Couldn't stand the stilted, wooden fake drama. Some of it was near Ryback-level of delivery.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Now I understand why the women's matches go between the two main events, because it's most likely to get cut.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

:golfclap:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Astro7x posted:

Now I understand why the women's matches go between the two main events, because it's most likely to get cut.

No, as others have said it's to cool the crowd down between mains and let them "recharge", in theory at least.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Thanks to rec.sport.pro-wrestling years ago I get it

E! came out with a press release and it looks like as many people watched this as this past week's Impact

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...bytheNumbers%29

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Vertical Lime posted:

Thanks to rec.sport.pro-wrestling years ago I get it

E! came out with a press release and it looks like as many people watched this as this past week's Impact

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...bytheNumbers%29

Oh my god it did a 1.1

A reality show that NO-ONE wanted is genuinely doing better numbers than TNA.

This is magnificent :allears:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Are ratings comparable between channels like that? Like, is a 1.1 on E the same as a 1.1 on Spike?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

VogeGandire posted:

Oh my god it did a 1.1

A reality show that NO-ONE wanted is genuinely doing better numbers than TNA.

This is magnificent :allears:

And yet someone is still talking about how TNA is better than WWE is in the comments.

triplexpac posted:

Are ratings comparable between channels like that? Like, is a 1.1 on E the same as a 1.1 on Spike?

E! and Spike both reach about the same amount of households (IIRC, Spike has a little bit larger reach) so they're pretty comparable. It's not the same as, say, comparing the RoH TV show to Impact's because RoH reaches a much smaller total audience.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's loving hilarious, I can only hope that the ratings will improve next week because:

• it seems to have been very positvely recieved based on what I have read online, mostly "that was much better than I expected it to be"
• next weeks episode is called "Tango with Fandango"

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
I hope Fandango is 100% in character for the show.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Indeed. I hope he is the biggest Diva of them all. Enough to make them look at him funny. Then swerve and do the show starring him.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

getitoffgetitoff posted:

I hope Fandango is 100% in character for the show.

I don't think I've ever seen Johnny Curtis not 100% in character all the time.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?
I can't wait to see that creepy old gently caress Justin Gabriel get himself some barely legal action.

Also gently caress Vincent. Can't even like him ironically.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vincent's acting is pretty bad though.

Eva Marie is 10 times better in this show than on TV. And hotter. Jojo is pretty nice too. Brie is a pretty cool person but she is with Bryan so that's expected.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Which is the one that used to be with Dolph? Cena Bella or Bryan Bella?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This show needs more Asparagus.

• Locked thread