Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Which is the one that used to be with Dolph? Cena Bella or Bryan Bella?

Cena Bella, I don't think it's really that surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Rarity posted:

I was surprised the twins have such contrasting personalities. maybe that's a more common thing among twins than I realise, or the show is edited to highlight it more, just surprised me. but the whole one with Cena, one with Bryan thing really makes sense now.

I had no intention of watching this until I looked at this thread expecting it to get torn to shreds and everyone was like "it's much more entertaining than I thought" and I fully agree with that. I'm a sucker for backstage/behind the scenes wrestling stuff, and this show had a lot more of that than I was expecting.

Also: Cena comes across as a plank. maybe he was just real uncomfortable with the show setup, much more swearing, much less rapadoo.

Also2: NXT spot! there was Charlotte Flair training with Nattie, guess this was about 3-4 months before her debut.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Rarity posted:

I feel sorry for Cena Bella then. She went from being with Dolph, who probably sold sex like it was the end of the world to Cena, who probably acts serious beforehand only to act like nothing is happening and then laughs about it afterwards.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I feel sorry for Cena Bella then. She went from being with Dolph, who probably sold sex like it was the end of the world to Cena, who probably acts serious beforehand only to act like nothing is happening and then laughs about it afterwards.

Nah, he starts yelling when it gets really serious.

And now I'm imagining a different context for DB's YES chants.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Watching this now. Nikki's gonna get her heart broken sooooooo hard by Cena.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm watching this again because

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I find it strangely entertaining just watching Bryan sit there while the Bellas talk about poo poo nobody cares about

Just a dude doing regular dude things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This show is a lot less unbearable than I thought it would be.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

So what's the over/under on how long these "newbie Divas" last on the roster post-this-show before being future-endeavored or bailing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BodyMassageMachine posted:

So what's the over/under on how long these "newbie Divas" last on the roster post-this-show before being future-endeavored or bailing?

Are you kidding? They're going to be essential parts of season 2 :v:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's Vincent time, baby

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I would watch an hour of Nikki Bella talking to Cena about movies she saw years ago.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

So much fake drama.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

oatgan posted:

So much fake drama.

So what you're saying is it's just like Raw then

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Every Nattie scene is :smith:

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Every Nattie scene is :smith:

At least they dropped the farting gimmick. :unsmith:

But she's still with Khali/Hornswoggle. :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo, now I want some Kool-Aid. I have ingested too many fruity flavors today, WWE, don't make me do another one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rarity posted:

So what you're saying is it's just like Raw then

Yes but with less John Cena

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Hamass posted:

Also gently caress Vincent. Can't even like him ironically.

You don't say that about another person, I don't care who you are... you just don't talk like that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BodyMassageMachine posted:

At least they dropped the farting gimmick. :unsmith:

But she's still with Khali/Hornswoggle. :negative:

Seriously, why they don't have her just making people tap to that glorious sharpshooter every week is a mystery.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VogeGandire posted:

Seriously, why they don't have her just making people tap to that glorious sharpshooter every week is a mystery.

Not really when you realize that she is a Hart and is a woman in the WWE.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 30, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Because she makes any of the women Kevin Dunn inflicts on us look bad?

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
The saddest Nattie moment was when she approached and hugged Stephanie McMahon on the morning of WrestleMania. Nattie apologised (!) for not being at the Hall of Fame, saying she was at a signing at Fan Axcess, but she heard her speech was great. Stephanie couldn't escape quick enough.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

While a few parts of WWE's Total Divas reality show are staged, apparently the incident where Cameron's boyfriend Vincent was angry at Brodus Clay following WrestleMania dress rehearsals was a shoot.
I wish there was footage of Brodus mauling this guy in an actual fight...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 30, 2013

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Show induced drama or not, I think there is little doubt Cena is going to eventually break up with Nikki.

EDIT - Brodus would've killed that guy and it would've been amazing. Destroying Vincent would be a great career move for him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'd like to think that Brodus heard that "Vincent" was talking poo poo about him and threatened to beat him up to defend his woman's honor, causing Brodus to track down Wrestling Superstar Virgil and smash his face through a plate glass window, bloodying him terribly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Show induced drama or not, I think there is little doubt Cena is going to eventually break up with Nikki.

Oh god yeah. I mean, I'd even be willing to believe he loves Nikki but the two of them are so blatantly on different pages that it'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

People forget that Brodus was a body guard for Snoop Dogg. The man can mess you up in a real fight if need be. Makes me want to watch that fight with Vincent even more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Liar Lyre posted:

People forget that Brodus was a body guard for Snoop Dogg. The man can mess you up in a real fight if need be. Makes me want to watch that fight with Vincent even more.

"Bodyguards have guns, they don't need to fight" - Noted PSP poster Yuriy, July 2013

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I really didn't enjoy the show. I don't like reality TV shows in general, but even knowing it's a work, it just made me feel bad for Nattie and made me think that everyone on the show other than Bryan and Jay Uso is a bit of a twat (or a complete twat in Vincent's case). I was hoping that my enjoyment of backstage stuff would win out over my dislike of reality TV bullshit drama, but I think I'll just be reading this thread instead of watching the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As a man who watches a lot of reality trash I feel qualified to review this show. I watch most all the Real Housewives shows, and a bunch of other Bravo poo poo, so I have been heavily immersed in the concept of 'watch kinda rich people shriek at eachother over nothing'.

This is poo poo, like even among Real Housewives of Who Gives a gently caress this is bad. It's not entertaining, the people don't have any absurd quirks to laugh at, and the drama is so forced even I had to go 'this isn't what humans do' and I have watched multiple instances of women having shrieking drunken meltdowns because someone brought someone they didn't like to their dog charity event.

It's honestly a bummer because I just know when this bombs Vince will go 'well see no one gives a poo poo about Divas' and further make the division into a farce.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's honestly a bummer because I just know when this bombs Vince will go 'well see no one gives a poo poo about Divas' and further make the division into a farce.

It got a good rating, so...

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Watching this show only made me wonder how much more petty the main roster actually is.

As much as I feel sorry for nattie, I can't help making parallels with Ryder.

omgomgomg fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 30, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It got a good rating, so...

Welp serves me. I guess good for them? I'm legit shocked because I don't have a clue who the target was for this. It's way more boring than the normal reality poo poo and WWE's audience can't be rushing to E to watch Divas can they?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Welp serves me. I guess good for them? I'm legit shocked because I don't have a clue who the target was for this. It's way more boring than the normal reality poo poo and WWE's audience can't be rushing to E to watch Divas can they?

My wife watches that real housewives show and I can't stand more than 2 minutes of it, yet I found this watchable somehow. It's all subjective.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tatum Girlparts posted:

My best friend loves reality TV, knows nothing about WWE and she really loved it so it must have some kind of appeal.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The dirty little secret about this show's rating is that even though it did a 1.3 million viewers, it's lead-in did 2.8million, meaning over half the viewers of that show tuned out for Total Divas.

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 30, 2013

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I enjoy this, and the fact that the works and shoots are so obvious to spot.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

If anyone cares, the rerun of episode 1 after Raw got 1.53 million viewers

That sounds like about the amount that tuned out after the Kardashian show Sunday

And that's more than who watched it when it first aired

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WWE.com exclusive!
In this bonus scene from the "Total Divas" premiere, Nikki Bella contemplates her romantic future

• Locked thread