Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

zari-gani posted:

No way! I was treated better than any convention I've ever been to. I was amazed. I would for sure like to come back! Maybe Random Stranger and I could even do a GCCX panel?!

If you ever come down to Phoenix Comicon or any of the other cons here in Arizona I would be happy to host a GCCX Panel and would invite you as a panelist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's one more off-topic post, then. I made a thread for the Summer Games Done Quick 2013 event, including a link to the site where you can buy that shirt (and others): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561631

Given that people here generally like watching a middle-aged man struggle at video games, you might like watching mostly younger adults absolutely destroy games as a change of pace.

Editing does a lot to keep things interesting though. I can't just watch SGDQ too long without being lulled to sleep given how unexciting a game can be when it's being blown through with ease. Exploits are another thing though and those are beautiful to watch.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Editing does a lot to keep things interesting though. I can't just watch SGDQ too long without being lulled to sleep given how unexciting a game can be when it's being blown through with ease. Exploits are another thing though and those are beautiful to watch.

Yeah, and in both cases, weird/obscure/goofy games contribute a lot.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Everyone should watch Cosmo's Ocarina of Time run from last year's stream.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

rdbbb posted:

Yeah, and in both cases, weird/obscure/goofy games contribute a lot.

In which case, the highlight so far has definitely been Catechumen. What a strange find. Catechumen for first PC challenge!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I hope you guys have 102 hours free...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Random Stranger posted:

I hope you guys have 102 hours free...

You're releasing Mendel Palace!? :dance:

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
You bunch of bastards. This thread falls off to the third page, I suddenly see 40 new replies. Instantly i'm filled with glee. "There must be a new episode subbed!" I say, excitedly clicking the thread.

drat you. drat you all.

Manfrey
Sep 18, 2006

Frying high
Feering good
The VR-GCCX group just put up an official website:
http://ligadosaterra.org/vr-gccx/

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
Hi,

I registered here ages ago but this may be my first post.
Can you help me by listing off the Nintendo DS/3DS games that were on the show? Not just as Challenges... but even ones that are mentioned on the show, featured or ones that Arino has said he plays himself on his own time.

I believe he played Dragonquest for the DS and some Pokemon games right?

I am looking to begin a collection of them and figured there was no other place where people would know.
Thanks in advance,

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

proxycell posted:

Hi,

I registered here ages ago but this may be my first post.
Can you help me by listing off the Nintendo DS/3DS games that were on the show? Not just as Challenges... but even ones that are mentioned on the show, featured or ones that Arino has said he plays himself on his own time.

I believe he played Dragonquest for the DS and some Pokemon games right?

I am looking to begin a collection of them and figured there was no other place where people would know.
Thanks in advance,

The ones that turn up on the show are listed in my book, of course. But, besides Retro Game Challenge and the sequel, games mentioned have been Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Dragon Quest 4 and 9, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Star Fox 64, Xevious 3D, Excitebike 3D, Animal Crossing, Derby Stallion, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Pokémon Platinum, and Rhythm Heaven.

Note that while the Ace Attorney series has shown up on Game Center CX, they're the Game Boy Advance versions rather than the DS versions.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
Hey RandomStranger, thanks for that list!
You mention a book that I am not familiar with, is it possible that you could show me this thing?

Thanks,

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

proxycell posted:

You mention a book that I am not familiar with, is it possible that you could show me this thing?

Thanks,

http://www.amazon.com/Kachou-On-Unauthorized-Center-ebook/dp/B00CZOP4C8/

Also, a note on posting style: Stop writing your posts like emails with a salutation and then signing them at the bottom. Just write what you want to say, and quote someone's post if you're replying to something they said.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

xamphear posted:

Also, a note on posting style: Stop writing your posts like emails with a salutation and then signing them at the bottom. Just write what you want to say, and quote someone's post if you're replying to something they said.

Thanks for that link xamphear. Most of my communication online these days is corporate so it ends up like this now lol

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Just a word of warning. I would avoid using internet slang like "lol", especially by itself. Just talk like normal.

Anyways, looking towards the new episode!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

proxycell posted:

Thanks,

You are like some kind of automatic customer support robot! I'm glad you are posting, but stop talking all crazy like that.

Encha277
May 8, 2007

I was looking into get some of the cooling pads that Arino uses as a way to keep me alert while playing tedious parts of a game, but when I search online, all I find are ones that are meant for headaches or fevers. Does Japan have different ones for different purposes or does Arino just re-purpose the ones for headaches?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Encha277 posted:

I was looking into get some of the cooling pads that Arino uses as a way to keep me alert while playing tedious parts of a game, but when I search online, all I find are ones that are meant for headaches or fevers. Does Japan have different ones for different purposes or does Arino just re-purpose the ones for headaches?

I think they're just for headaches/pain in general. I'm going to take a guess and say that they're Salonpas brand.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

I think they're just for headaches/pain in general. I'm going to take a guess and say that they're Salonpas brand.
I have a few boxes in my bathroom closet. They're Lion brand Hiepita cooling sheets; suggested uses include quickly bringing down fevers, sleeping more easily on hot nights, providing a pick-me-up when you're feeling sleepy, and soothing post-sports aches and pains.

I've seen similar sheets (like these) on sale at local (U.S.) drugstores, mostly for headaches (in adults) and fevers (in kids).

eta: Kobayashi makes the ones here, it seems. Salonpas is more about heat.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm still looking for info about two sound cues from the show. Where from is the music that plays often when Arino is in a hopeless situation, like in Donkey Kong Country (#75) starting at 28:28?

Another one: what is the song playing in the background when Toujima introduces Nakayama in Sonic the Hedgehog (#64) in 26:22?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I got my soundtrack! It came with a Nakayama trading card.

I know some of you got soundtracks too. Let's see your cards!

ETA: The card finally reveals where Nakayama works now: a hospital.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 31, 2013

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

zari-gani posted:

Haha, is he a nurse?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Mine is in the mail from YesAsia. I am now stupidly excited about getting a GCCX trading card.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Lucky people getting GCCX soundtracks, I wish I had the money for one

Leondres
Oct 29, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I managed to get the Arino card. Here's a few shots incase someone wants to translate it.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Leondres posted:

I managed to get the Arino card. Here's a few shots incase someone wants to translate it.

Chief Arino

Chief for about eight years. Birthday: 2/25/1972

Hometown: Osaka. Interests: Picnics. Blood Type: B.

Data from when he was a baby

Childhood Nickname: Arishin (taken from “Arino" and “Shinya" his first and last names)

Favorite Foods: Vinegared Soup, Japanese fried chicken ("karaage")

Least Favorite Food: Dark Seaweed

Favorite TV Show: It’s 8 AM! Everyone gather ‘round! (an old variety show that aired from the late 60s to the mid 80s)

Learning: Abacus

Warning: If left to my own devices, I could easily play around for two hours just going “Go!" “Stop!". Please tell me if I start to do this during a live challenge.

Details: He got promoted from Senior Staff to Section Chief and then to Chief, but stopped there. He no longer participates in the battles for promotions. His gaming skill is about average. However, he always gets caught in the traps that the game creators want people to get caught in. He’s good at level grinding, and he often has epiphanies when playing puzzle games. When he gets to boss characters in a game, he has a habit of running away at first. Pay attention when he says “I might get to go home early today" during broadcasts.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I got that same Arino card in mine. Anyone know what the third card is?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

univbee posted:

I got that same Arino card in mine. Anyone know what the third card is?

A future AD. Theyre planning ahead.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think it's Watanabe.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Nakayama, Watanabe, Arino and Kan

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

No Abe, no sale.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
So it looks like Super Mario Crossover v 3.0 is out today, and though that is fun in itself, there was a nice surprise for Game Center CX fans.

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Go to Ninja Gaiden on the character select screen and the final 2 alternate costumes you can pick are very familiar to fans of the first DS game.

It's Haggleman

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Not sure exactly when it got added (they never date these things), but there's a 40-minute cut of the Megaman 2 live challenge up on the 3DS eshop (and I assume the WiiU one too).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

So it looks like Super Mario Crossover v 3.0 is out today, and though that is fun in itself, there was a nice surprise for Game Center CX fans.

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Go to Ninja Gaiden on the character select screen and the final 2 alternate costumes you can pick are very familiar to fans of the first DS game.

It's Haggleman

He was in Super Mario Crossover 2 along with the demon from Demon Return in the second game.

Hmm... looks like about an hour more...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Adamant posted:

Not sure exactly when it got added (they never date these things), but there's a 40-minute cut of the Megaman 2 live challenge up on the 3DS eshop (and I assume the WiiU one too).

You're talking about the JP eShop, right? That thing updates every Wednesday.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You're talking about the JP eShop, right?

Yes.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That thing updates every Wednesday.

The normal updates are every Wednesday, yes, but there are non-standard updates for various timely material as well (there was one today for 3 new download versions of cart games), and I'm not sure if this video would fall under that or not. None of the update newsletters mention its addition.

BuckFever
Aug 27, 2012
I should be getting the soundtrack CD soon, but I did manage to win these little guys on ebay:

I love 'em :D

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Next episode's game has been revealed. It's...

Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden ("The Super Fighting Legend", or however you want to translate it)

I've played this game far more than I should've over the years. It's... very bad. Pretty much broken. Not sure if that'll translate into a funny episode or just an annoying one, but this is a really detestable game I don't envy him having to play one bit.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

And season eight is in the can. That ends the completely untranslated standard definition episodes and means that you can now watch 112 consecutive episodes of Game Center CX.

Enjoy Mendel Palace, brought to you by Nagoyan and checked by Hirayuki.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 576.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Yay!