Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Moist von Lipwig posted:

A 315 deadlift for reps is pretty achievable for any dude, come hang in YLLS :getin:

i do hang in ylls but i get really bored of lifting around the time i can do a few reps of my body weight i'd rather just bike generally

also im so awful at bench pressing that lifting just demoralizes me. like my form is okay and stuff i just plateau at like 100-110 pounds and its just shameful

and i get uncomfortable increasing my squat weight because i lose confidence in my lifts even though my form is fine and everything i just dont like pushing it past like 150

liftchatsnype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Does smoking weed and trying to improve my gamer score count as a project?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i speculate on the steam trading cards market

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

global priapism system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0VtHez9xI

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

PyPy posted:

Does smoking weed and trying to improve my gamer score count as a project?

thread title does say "idiot spare time projects" so yes, yes it does

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wanna know people perspectives on lifting on mushrooms

i love to lift but i fall off the wagon and its a constant 4 steps forward 3 steps back thing but im SLOWLY getting better overall and i have to say its the only exercise that ive enjoyed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
remember those inhuman weld photos i posted last week

guy did a followup.

"i'm blind in one eye and shake like a leaf. "

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/a-steady-hand-and-a-good-eye-990215275

really, really good article if you are into any sort of mechanical work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thats solid
i trained as a welder out of high school. that could have been my future

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is amazing

Dec 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

remember those inhuman weld photos i posted last week

guy did a followup.

"i'm blind in one eye and shake like a leaf. "

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/a-steady-hand-and-a-good-eye-990215275

really, really good article if you are into any sort of mechanical work

a pro fuckin click

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

echinopsis posted:

thats solid
i trained as a welder out of high school. that could have been my future

is that some tig? also nice technique on that 2nd pic

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

echinopsis posted:

i wanna know people perspectives on lifting on mushrooms

i love to lift but i fall off the wagon and its a constant 4 steps forward 3 steps back thing but im SLOWLY getting better overall and i have to say its the only exercise that ive enjoyed

i know female powerlifter who takes a psilocybin metabolite before she lifts because it's good for nerves

i'd stay away from hallucinogenic doses though...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why? i guess if you were doing weights that you could drop on yourself but if its like dips or things why not

i dont have a gym i go to just a rack/uprights and a bench so i can lift in mah undies or even naked with pizza sauce on my thighs

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
idiot gaem scripting language status: dunno if ill finish it before going all :effort: but at least i now have a sweet graphviz object graph generator that i can reuse

graphviz owns

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
after someone recommended kivly i've been playing with it and its a very strong and useful library. i'm working on adding sound effects and graphics to the default pong game

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007
Learning about electronics is fun.

Little things like common ground for everything. And that backpower is a real thing you need to account for in your designs. I'm amazed I didn't let any magic smoke out yet.

I've also decided that since I have all this solar poo poo I'm going to run our internet connection and bedroom electronics with it starting in the fall.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

Mido posted:

is that some tig? also nice technique on that 2nd pic

a friend of mine was a really hardcore welder he spent about 8 years travelling all over the world doing oil and gas stuff bought a house for cash then opened a restoration body shop got tired of that and runs a dives shop now and teaches mixed gas and rebreather courses.

if you're young and not too lazy or socially disfunctional a would recommend it as a career past.

Dec 26, 2012

gadgethugs posted:

Learning about electronics is fun.

Little things like common ground for everything. And that backpower is a real thing you need to account for in your designs. I'm amazed I didn't let any magic smoke out yet.

I've also decided that since I have all this solar poo poo I'm going to run our internet connection and bedroom electronics with it starting in the fall.

you havent lived until youve filled a project enclosure (in my case a large model boat) with strangely colored smoke and stunk up the room youre in for the rest of the day

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
fucdking fartgeist keeps going down

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

my lists, so linked

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

echinopsis posted:

why? i guess if you were doing weights that you could drop on yourself but if its like dips or things why not

i dont have a gym i go to just a rack/uprights and a bench so i can lift in mah undies or even naked with pizza sauce on my thighs

no I mean like actual competition with national or world records on the line

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Zlodo posted:

idiot gaem scripting language status: dunno if ill finish it before going all :effort: but at least i now have a sweet graphviz object graph generator that i can reuse

graphviz owns

this looks pretty cool I have no idea what it is but its a sweet chart

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

no I mean like actual competition with national or world records on the line

sounds like a great way to lift while tripping balls and then win and tell everyone and then everyone takes mushrooms and the world is a better place

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tested new power supply for four hours last night. mixer works. i put a 40mm fan hanging off the +5 rail, blowing on the heatsinks, its silent and they stay only slightly warm. it is now quieter than it was brand new.

oh also i found a blown 10uF cap on the board that handles the onboard effects, i replaced that and that part started working again.

---
this episode is really making me regret throwing my MX2642a in the garbage. it developed a hum which i would these days instantly diagnose as a bad cap and fix, but 8 years ago i wasn't quite as swift with troubleshooting, so i threw up my hands and replaced it. sigh. those mixers were the ones that mackie sued them for because they cloned the VLZ channel strip

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yyyyyiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

it fucken owns

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

3 octaves

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

there's an 88 key hammer action keyb just to the right of the pic, plugged in to the midi in port, in case i run out of notes - which hasn't happened yet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a 61 key and loving haaaaaaaate it and wish that i would have bought two 25 or 31 key boards instead. too big.

that being said im working on a pretty trick setup to split it into two 2-octave ranges for two diff synths, and 12 more keys to trigger random things. need a button board so bad

honked that thing is really cool. i use novation softsynths in literally every track i do

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
actually i do have another 5 octaves lying around which i could plug into the piano's in, route the piano's thru to the synth, and transpose everything to get 15 octaves total

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Jonny 290 posted:

i have a 61 key and loving haaaaaaaate it and wish that i would have bought two 25 or 31 key boards instead. too big.

that being said im working on a pretty trick setup to split it into two 2-octave ranges for two diff synths, and 12 more keys to trigger random things. need a button board so bad

honked that thing is really cool. i use novation softsynths in literally every track i do

i love my big ol piano but i hate having to lug it around to people's houses etc. for jam sessions. it weighs a ton. i jammed with the synth today instead, and it was just great. the factory presets tend to be pretty aggressive but the machine is perfectly capable of nice mellow sounds which fit in great with acoustic instruments.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
how many Who riffs make it into yr jamming

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

coffeetable posted:

how many Who riffs make it into yr jamming

someone made a patch

https://soundcloud.com/novationmusic/daniel-fisher-vol-2-soundpack#t=1:54

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hey guys if i can't read music or play a piano but want to start to learn what i should buy i totally won't abandon this idea like all of my others

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=265
i guess this thread is a grey forum now

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

duTrieux. posted:

hey guys if i can't read music or play a piano but want to start to learn what i should buy i totally won't abandon this idea like all of my others

just get one of these and make with the beep boops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45d2Yomsct4

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

movax posted:

hackerspaces are p much sperglord central

yeah they are a great place to meet completely insufferable nerds.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

duTrieux. posted:

so do you want to buy a piano? get a yam p105 or a korg sp250

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol gently caress a grey forum. wake me when it's restyled, lowercase, and filled with insecure "irony"

current projects: learning blender so I can order some 3d printed poo poo. idk what yet. also I've got the urge to build a pinball table but considering that even just maintaining one is a sisyphean ordeal I think I'm just gonna ride this one out

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

this was one of them

I'm thinking about filming rich people's pets if my editing gig doesn't work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-vLESXX8g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

also i can never export my poo poo with realistic looking film grain online because you can't see it on video sharing sites lol 6mbps get hosed