Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

Bucephalus posted:

GM's payroll

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

88h88 posted:

I've never seen the interior of one of these and I know 2001 was 12 years ago but what the gently caress was the designer on? It looks like the interior of a 90s car... A really cheap crappy one at that.

Didn't Tom Peters direct the design of the Aztek? ie. the guy that also did the C7?

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo

Chemmy posted:

This seems to be some sort of home built electric golf cart thing that this guy drives on the road here:

You must live in San Jose/Milpitas. I see that...thing sometimes on my way home from work.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'm so sorry I didn't snag a picture, but today I saw a beat-up single-cab Silverado, with every tacky chrome bit you could imagine. Gigantic wheels, fender vents, even chrome rain guards. The best part by far, however, was the Cadillac badge and ESCALADE EXT on the tailgate.

Only made better by the fact I was actually in an Escalade EXT at the time.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ulfhednar posted:

I decided to browse the available collector cars on ebay by "Price: Highest to Lowest" and came across this gem:

There are 30 tidbits about the truck listed in the auction, including:

If this came with the suit, and the owner wasn't asking a quarter mil for it, it'd cross over into awesome territory.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
:siren:MY FIANCE:siren: spotted this rad Excel outside our local shopping centre. I've seen it around before and these pics don't do it justice.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Lurch posted:

:siren:MY FIANCE:siren: spotted this rad Excel outside our local shopping centre. I've seen it around before and these pics don't do it justice.

Looks like the owner ran out of black paint.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I'm not usually one to borrow from Reddit, but HOLY poo poo

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Das Volk posted:

Layin' frame!

Is there a story to this for us non-redditors?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Was a Mercedes CLS. Now it's a poo poo heap.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Lurch posted:

Where else but Queensland. Also that place reminds me of the Dalby shopping centre. I miss it there. Shame the property prices are so high now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Das Volk posted:

That looks pretty flush to me. :confused:

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Das Volk posted:

The brand-new hose clamp in the middle of that poo poo-show is fan-loving-tastic.

I bet that sounds about as good as it looks.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is this like some weird promotion for a new cut-away book like we read in libraries as kids or something?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Farmdizzle posted:

The brand-new hose clamp in the middle of that poo poo-show is fan-loving-tastic.

I bet that sounds about as good as it looks.

You mean the lovely exhaust note or the horrifying scraping it must have made everywhere it attempted to go?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Das Volk posted:

This image messes with my head. It looks like someone using filters in photoshop.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Das Volk posted:

Was it intentionally slammed or did all four wheels simply vanish as it was traveling at a 130mph and it just skidded to a stop? :iiam:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was quite certain that anything is better than a stock Trabant, but I guess not :(

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mobby_6kl posted:

I was quite certain that anything is better than a stock Trabant, but I guess not :(

I cannot fathom anyone stupid enough to load a trailer without putting the tow vehicle in park and/or setting the brake.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If I had to guess there's no vehicle on the other side of that trailer, although it does seem to roll to a stop at the end.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If I had to guess there's no vehicle on the other side of that trailer, although it does seem to roll to a stop at the end.

There is an older super duty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrn3Yb3L_iU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

I cannot fathom anyone stupid enough to load a trailer without putting the tow vehicle in park and/or setting the brake.

I had 2000lbs of electric motors in the bed of a 9000lb truck and it still pushed the entire truck slowly winching another truck onto the trailer. Hitting the back end of that trailer with speed probably popped the back end of the tow vehicle off the ground.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

:lol: "Now what do we do?"

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Devyl posted:

:lol: "Now what do we do?"

Well it is a pretty valid question.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching idiots trash their vehicles is pretty great, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMNZrdh6f4

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Darchangel posted:

Hi, when I picked up the venison Volvo I had a similar problem. I was loading it on a U-Haul car carrier hooked to my 1974 International pickup, and while I had the pickup in park, it was on a gravel road and we were trying to use the slope of the driveway to help get the car loaded. Instead what happened is after the front wheels of the Volvo hit the trailer the entire auto-centipede went careening down the hill. It was fun after the immediate threat of crashing ended.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
Auto-centipede is my new favorite phrase.

e: debating whether that or "immediate threat" is more awesome.

Farmdizzle fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 4, 2013

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Darchangel posted:

I cannot fathom anyone stupid enough to load a trailer without putting the tow vehicle in park and chocking the wheels.

Fixed for people who don't want to completely gently caress their poo poo up.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ulfhednar posted:

I decided to browse the available collector cars on ebay by "Price: Highest to Lowest" and came across this gem:

:911: USALEADER1 :byodood:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mobby_6kl posted:

This just keeps hurting my head. Why would you film this to begin with unless they were doing it on purpose?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Rhyno posted:

This just keeps hurting my head. Why would you film this to begin with unless they were doing it on purpose?

A lot of transfer companies film and take pictures of the vehicles their moving as evidence of that vehicles condition prior to the transfer. In this case it's more like "see it works fine! no damage!.... uhhh! It's got major damage who would want this here truck!".

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BoostCreep posted:

Layin' frame!

Is there a story to this for us non-redditors?

Apparently it was some retard in Florida rocking a static drop, the pic came from a shop down there. C/S "exhaust is too loud"

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
They were driving along at a good 55mph. It's a roll of carpet.

(Photo taken by passenger :) )

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
:v: "I bumped a curb last night, I know it's gonna need an alignment."

Let's have a look:

"I came for an alignment, not an estimate for over $800!" :arghfist::saddowns:

I hate people. The end. :negative:

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 5, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
$800 is probably letting that car off easy.

There's, what, ball joint, the wheel, the tire (if not all four - looks pretty bald), the control arm, possibly the control arm mount, rotor doesn't look too hot, swaybar bushings in that area are toast as well assuming they want to keep the giant body damage intact and not touch it up or repair it... and then the alignment. I can't see them but I'm guessing the tie rods are also bent. That's just one side, and you want to replace a lot of the front end parts in pairs.

If by "bumped" they mean "slid into violently" and by "curb" they mean Jersey barrier...

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 5, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Good lord. Were they seriously ignorant about the condition of the wheel or did they just believe that the wheel would be perfectly safe after an alignment?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Boomerjinks posted:

Good lord. Were they seriously ignorant about the condition of the wheel or did they just believe that the wheel would be perfectly safe after an alignment?

They probably didn't even look at it. They probably slammed into a curb, noticed the car drove funny afterward and thought, "Hmm, I think I might need an alignment."

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yep that there is a drunk driving accident if I've ever seen one. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Ulfhednar posted:

The description is almost as "WTF?" as the truck.

crazy ebay guy posted:

The body is created by hand and is a copy of the images my mind not from other sources this vehicle is all original.

...the car is good for motion picture cartoon toys and making your own comic books ( with car and custom ) this could bring you lots of money for year to come in royalties if it makes it to this level, I don’t have the connections or contacts to reach the next level my lost your gain.