Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Man every single monster is all, THIS GUY IS NOT TO BE hosed WITH, and freaking out every time king moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

AtomikKrab posted:

Man every single monster is all, THIS GUY IS NOT TO BE hosed WITH, and freaking out every time king moves.

And why not? They only barely beat Tatsumaki, and they had a plan to beat her, as well as someone who had a profound understanding of her abilities. King is even stronger, and his powers are a complete mystery to them. If they don't drop the strongest human instantly, he'll strike them down in a way they can't even guess at. Once this fight starts, it will doubtless be over in seconds!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mystic Mongol posted:

And why not? They only barely beat Tatsumaki, and they had a plan to beat her, as well as someone who had a profound understanding of her abilities. King is even stronger, and his powers are a complete mystery to them. If they don't drop the strongest human instantly, he'll strike them down in a way they can't even guess at. Once this fight starts, it will doubtless be over in seconds!

it will end with king being torn to shreds, and then the monsters will freak out about that being part of his plan

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
That was probably the funniest chapter so far, and that's saying something. It's awesome that King is smart enough to use his reputation to his advantage. Also I'm going to guess that maybe he actually does have some kind of strength, I bet he's super lucky.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

That was probably the funniest chapter so far, and that's saying something. It's awesome that King is smart enough to use his reputation to his advantage. Also I'm going to guess that maybe he actually does have some kind of strength, I bet he's super lucky.

His strength is playing video games. :haw:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Daler Mehndi posted:

His strength is playing video games. :haw:

Did you think I put that infinite combo thing in the op for nothing? He and Psychos are going to play Street Fighter 2, and she's going to lose so badly that the shame will make her leave the planet.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
I read through the raws a few nights ago and have to admit, at the time this chapter didn't make a goddamned bit of sense(well not entirely true, it wasn't hard to guess what was going on). Now it might very well be one of my favorite chapters to date.

I absolutely love the way every one of the monsters keeps indicating it will be the first to attack but each one nervously backs down in utter terror of King's... 14 hit combo?

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Oh my.

Chapter 74 - http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c074/1.html

Chapter 75 - http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c075/1.html

Double update! Everything's coming together in the most glorious possible ways. King, I absolutely love you :allears: But at the same time... The cliffhangers... I dunno how I'm going to feel when we're caught up.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
King :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm starting to suspect that this will be resolved without Saitama ever getting a turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

King :kimchi: Also the hell is with sweetmask... I bet he is secretly an ugmon himself or something weirder.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I just "read" the untranslated ones, and it's only made me long for translations more.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

AtomikKrab posted:

King :kimchi: Also the hell is with sweetmask... I bet he is secretly an ugmon himself or something weirder.

Yeah, he just stuck his arm back on like a champ, got lasered through his torso, and now he's hulking out. I wonder if whatever he's about to turn into is the reason for his superhero name. He's normally really good looking, hence the "Sweetmask" hiding what's underneath.

Poor Darkshine... He'll be A-Okay after some swole sessions at the gym!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Reiche posted:

Yeah, he just stuck his arm back on like a champ, got lasered through his torso, and now he's hulking out. I wonder if whatever he's about to turn into is the reason for his superhero name. He's normally really good looking, hence the "Sweetmask" hiding what's underneath.

Poor Darkshine... He'll be A-Okay after some swole sessions at the gym!

MEGASPOILERS:

I think they talk him out of his funk, after which he fights mega-garou and gets his rear end handed to him again near instantly. Guy just can't catch a break.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
The raw for 92 just came out.

Big Spoilers!

Saitama is just stupidly above everyone else's level, and Ultra-Super Garou getting floored without Saitama even moving was great. This comic is amusing to no ends, even without being able to read what is going on.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Person Dyslexic posted:

The raw for 92 just came out.

Big Spoilers!

Saitama is just stupidly above everyone else's level, and Ultra-Super Garou getting floored without Saitama even moving was great. This comic is amusing to no ends, even without being able to read what is going on.

Serious Headbutt :allears:

I love how Garou is all super serious, monologuing like a Bond villain about how Saitama must die, and Saitama is just sort of nodding disinterestedly and repeatedly handing him his rear end.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

AnonSpore posted:

Serious Headbutt :allears:

I love how Garou is all super serious, monologuing like a Bond villain about how Saitama must die, and Saitama is just sort of nodding disinterestedly and repeatedly handing him his rear end.

The day Saitama stops goofing around bored is the day I stop reading this manga.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
So no one is even conscious at the moment to witness this beatdown? I'm gonna guess Saitama will beat Garou in anonymity and still be considered a B-class hero in the end

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poke posted:

So no one is even conscious at the moment to witness this beatdown? I'm gonna guess Saitama will beat Garou in anonymity and still be considered a B-class hero in the end

Somehow, some way, King will get the credit for it. :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c076/1.html

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So all S class heroes are basically doing it for other reasons than actually being heroic.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I love that, of all people, Blizzard of Hell is the one doing the heavy lifting right now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapters 77 & 78 are up http://www.batoto.net/read/_/185776/onepunch-man-original_ch77_by_anonymous

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
ONE's artwork has slowly but steadily improved from Chapter 32 (the first translated chapter) to the latest Chapter 77 and 78. How much longer before he's as good at drawing as Murata?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

JosephWongKS posted:

ONE's artwork has slowly but steadily improved from Chapter 32 (the first translated chapter) to the latest Chapter 77 and 78. How much longer before he's as good at drawing as Murata?

The more pertinent question is how good will Murata be at drawing by the time One gets as good as Murata currently is? He'll probably be the new Da Vinci by that time, with a punch that follows you around the room, out the door and in to the bathroom so it can blow the poo poo right of you in a polite and proper place.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Haha he broke the sword.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Adelheid posted:

I love that, of all people, Blizzard of Hell is the one doing the heavy lifting right now.

i love her spot in the limelight. everybody loves an underdog.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lamebot posted:

i love her spot in the limelight. everybody loves an underdog.
And yet it's still casually mentioned that her sister casually and instinctively learned a technique that took Blizzard years to master. :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JosephWongKS posted:

signs point to it taking a while

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Condiv posted:

signs point to it taking a while
That's more him being lazy than anything, or trying to be funny or I dunno. Just look at a lot of the other panels that've had more work put into them.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapters 79 to 81 are up.

:nws: http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c079/1.html :nws:

http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c080/1.html

http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c081/1.html

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 4, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
poo poo's getting serious.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

So I guess Saitama's not going to show up until only Garou remains, huh?

Edit: But on another note... It seems like it's coming through, that ONE isn't actually a terrible artist, but simply does not give one ounce of care about prettying up his initial sketches for this. During action shots, everything is clear and easy to follow and generally on-model, even if the style itself is otherwise so... As it is. And then it immediately goes back to being childlike scrawls the moment it doesn't matter anymore. It's a lot easier to read because of that.

Adelheid fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 4, 2013

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
"God" is particularly creepy-looking. Come to think of it, everything related to "God" is creepy in that chapter.

Also, KING-STYLE ULTIMATE FLEEING TECHNIQUE BACKWARDS B DASH :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

holy poo poo saitama's gonna crush god

edit: also the panel with god in it unbelievably well done. like I can't believe it shares a manga with .

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 4, 2013

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The probable fight between Saitama and Garou might be interesting, since Garou is sort of similar in that he's a "regular" person and has a tendency to always surpass whatever obstacle he comes across. I mean, it's not like there's any chance of Saitama losing or getting hurt much, but he might at least be somewhat challenged.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Someone doesn't understand how shaggy dog stories work. (There is no chance anyone will seriously challenge Saitama, ever)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

Someone doesn't understand how shaggy dog stories work. (There is no chance anyone will seriously challenge Saitama, ever)

I mean "challenged" in the sense that a grown man fighting a 5 year old is more of a challenge than a grown man fighting someone who is in a coma.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Ytlaya posted:

The probable fight between Saitama and Garou might be interesting, since Garou is sort of similar in that he's a "regular" person and has a tendency to always surpass whatever obstacle he comes across. I mean, it's not like there's any chance of Saitama losing or getting hurt much, but he might at least be somewhat challenged.

While I figure Garou will definitely be overall weaker than Saitama, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to trump him in something like speed to make it a more exciting fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sarcophallus posted:

While I figure Garou will definitely be overall weaker than Saitama, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to trump him in something like speed to make it a more exciting fight.

Blasphemy. Saitama will probably have to use both fists or something.