Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Looking back, a good amount of Jericho's early stuff was really bad. Kinda similar to the Rock as in I wonder how I ever liked some of it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was kinda like the Me Want title match promo. I was vaguely amused at the time and afterwards felt dumber for having seen it and enjoyed it on any level.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oldpainless posted:

Looking back, a good amount of Jericho's early stuff was really bad. Kinda similar to the Rock as in I wonder how I ever liked some of it so much.

This kind of just encompasses a lot of the Attitude Era as a whole. Except for Stone Cold. Everything Stone Cold did was great. For instance, this is Stone Cold after breaking his neck:

Just hanging out being cool.

:smith:

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 2, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The expression on the guy next to that girl says it all.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I must have blocked it from my memory for being so bad. I don't remember Jericho being that terrible, but I don't doubt it either.

ME WANTE TITLE SHOT

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gonzo McFee posted:

ME WANTE TITLE SHOT

It was a match. I remember 'cos of the pictures, so I guess in my case it worked?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

some kool pix enuhito took at korakuen hall on G1 day 2 of shibata vs. kojima

OozieNelson
Dec 20, 2008
From one of those trashy celeb mags:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Honestly that is a pretty low amount for Flair to be owing somebody if I recall stories I've read about him.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

oldpainless posted:

I always assumed it was because Jericho sort of knew it was terrible and just embraced it. He just seemed to be in on the fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DrVenkman posted:

I always assumed it was because Jericho sort of knew it was terrible and just embraced it. He just seemed to be in on the fun.

Yea Jericho's 'bad' stuff works because he threw himself headfirst into the bad and acted like a big crazy goof about it. It's way easier to enjoy 'bad' wrestling when the guy seems to be in on the joke with you instead of just bumbling around.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Jericho's 'bad' stuff works because he threw himself headfirst into the bad and acted like a big crazy goof about it. It's way easier to enjoy 'bad' wrestling when the guy seems to be in on the joke with you instead of just bumbling around.

See: Curry Man, or anything Barry Darsow ever done.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
One of the reasons Jericho is great is because hes willing to try lots of things to see what sticks. In his first book he talked about how he would take every single chance he could to do a promo for anything in WCW. The majority of them were awful but he learned a lot in the process.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It looks like they hired the award winning Limp Bizkit photoshop kid to make those Benoit photos.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
My man Devitt!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

That is a look of joy on both of their faces.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I can't really make it out, who is that behind Tajiri?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gedo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm pretty sure they've just murdered someone.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhonne posted:

I'm pretty sure they've just murdered someone.

I imagine it's the POV of a Japanese Make a Wish kid. It's possible we're both right.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I need to watch this match asap:

Bonus cool suplex:

Should probably mention I got them from http://wrestlinghurts.tumblr.com/ a good source for wrestling pics. They post pics from pretty much everywhere

schweens fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 5, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Well, I may no longer see any of the big indies live after next week's move, but at least I'll have a local one!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

They did manage to get a train on their show, though.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Trash Bag Beniot is my favorite.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Dylan Knight (lime trunks) used to be Emma's girlfriend. Make sure you ask him about that.

e: Cowboy here might be Deryck 'Prince of Perversion' Crosse. I'm so jealous I cant go to this show.

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 5, 2013

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Minitrue posted:

Trash Bag Benoit is my favorite.

That is loving uncanny

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I didn't realise Necro Butchers dad was a wrestler.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

lmao

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Necro Butcher says don't do drugs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skinty McEdger posted:

Necro Butcher says don't do drugs.

Or pay child support

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

I'm pretty sure Weed Yoda was a SA username.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Just a friendly reminder: Necro is 39 years old. He is the same age as Edge and Christian.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Tony Stark built this table backstage from a BOX OF SCRAPS!"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Oh poo poo, look out Foley! Scott Hall, DDP, and Jake the Snake are right behind you!

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Rhonne posted:

Oh poo poo, look out Foley! Scott Hall, DDP, and Jake the Snake are right behind you!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Necro going for the pre-rehab Jake The Snake look.

Dude, seriously, get a straight job. Take care of your kids. This is just embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Those are the greatest tattoos I have ever seen.