Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Chuck E. Cheese is a little too animated now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cI3DAhVb5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I love the admitted furry in the comments.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This morning I just realized how weird it was for a food establishment to have a rat as a mascot.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Gaunab posted:

This morning I just realized how weird it was for a food establishment to have a rat as a mascot.

It was less weird when he was human sized. But now he's literally a small rat.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

If you've ever between to a chucky cheese you know the mascot is accurate.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme

computer parts posted:

gently caress you for posting that link, because:

"SuperSexyBlueHusky .

SuperSexyBlueHusky 2 months ago

I'm a fursuiter, furry, and an artist. the little character looks fun to draw, but I hate the new mascot. I prefer the old one. Though the creators of ratatouille made this character for them. And I love that movie. "

gently caress you. gently caress you forever.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNrUJj6ByvM

Who's a soon to be dead jackass with a terrible loving bird? The both of you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really annoyed by pretty much every Galaxy S commercial. Especially the one on the plane.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I'm really annoyed by pretty much every Galaxy S commercial. Especially the one on the plane.

All of the Galaxy commercials. I hate that one where they're like WHY WOULD YOU WANT TWO PHONES?

Uh how about because i'm not footing the bill for my work phone and I don't want my employer as the person paying my phone bills, and I want my personal life to have some separation from job? Go gently caress yourselves with your massively oversized phones, you smug nerds.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SpookyLizard posted:

Uh how about because i'm not footing the bill for my work phone and I don't want my employer as the person paying my phone bills

...Why not? Is there something I'm missing here?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The worst part about the Galaxy S phone ads is that horrible song they use in each one.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I don't know what it is but the song from this Prius commercial makes me want to channel Elvis and shoot the TV every time it comes on. Which is often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIYlDEpLcQ

I'm not sure who to blame for the commercialization of annoying indie quirk. Maybe the movie Juno. Or Zooey Deschanel.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Rirse posted:

The worst part about the Galaxy S phone ads is that horrible song they use in each one.

Indeedy. it's sad and meandering--just what people want from a phone and phone OS

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

raditts posted:

Having the person pay for your personal phone (that doubles as a work phone) be an employer can lead to trouble down the road, like if they fire you or you leave or they go bankrupt or any other thing they can do and then suddenly that thing with all your personal conversations and information on it and such is tied to something that doesn't want anything to do with you anymore.

Now most of the time there probably won't be any trouble with this, but there's always the possibility that it can screw you over, like if your company is paying for the Blackberry that you use as a personal phone and then decide they don't like you doing that anymore, well since they're paying the bill for it and have it integrated into their business systems they can read all your texts and address book or remotely deactivate or wipe your device, etc.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

computer parts posted:

During his stay here this summer, my son complained that the redesign wasn't as good as the version that's still on their signs usually. Even six year olds know your redesign sucks.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNrUJj6ByvM

Who's a soon to be dead jackass with a terrible loving bird? The both of you.

"This Guy" is only good when Kelso uses it.

If I hear that phrase, I better be hearing some generic 70's music with Mila Kunis jumping around in front of flowery graphics following the scene.

But yeah, that commercial sucks.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 5, 2013

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

I'm still bemused by their strategy of naming ALL their products "Galaxy". I mean, they've got "Galaxy S" and "Galaxy Tablet" and whatever so I guess you use that, but then what is the point?

It really strikes me as an idea somebody high up had and won't let go of even if it doesn't help them at all.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FuzzySkinner posted:

"This Guy" is only good when Kelso uses it.

If I hear that phrase, I better be hearing some generic 70's music with Mila Kunis jumping around in front of flowery graphics following the scene.

But yeah, that commercial sucks.

When I read your first line, I figured you meant Dr.Bob Kelso, Licensed Hetero. Then I was trying to think of times he said it, and couldn't come up with any...then I read the second line, and realized you were talking about the BAD Kelso.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm still bemused by their strategy of naming ALL their products "Galaxy". I mean, they've got "Galaxy S" and "Galaxy Tablet" and whatever so I guess you use that, but then what is the point?

It really strikes me as an idea somebody high up had and won't let go of even if it doesn't help them at all.

It's a brand, some people ask for "the latest Galaxy phone" every two years whenever they upgrade.

I remember people being asked about phone operating systems and aside from Apple the most popular options were "Droid", "Android", and "HTC".

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Say what you want about Samsung's marketing, it's working. They are currently, by far, the #1 smartphone manufacturer.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

raditts posted:

Because its not my phone and I don't want my employer to have any dibs on my personal phone poo poo? They can pay for my work expenses, and ill pay for my own poo poo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Say what you want about Samsung's marketing, it's working. They are currently, by far, the #1 smartphone manufacturer.

It also helps that they release a ridiculously high number of models and have a new phone out at least every six months.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

bull3964 posted:

All that says is they produce the most smartphones/smartphone bits. poo poo, Apple buys smartphone parts from them.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mokinokaro posted:

It also helps that they release a ridiculously high number of models and have a new phone out at least every six months.

Last year they actually had 30 different models of phone released.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It actually isn't just the pure number of models or components. The SGS3 specifically (that one model) has been the #1 selling smartphone and the SGS4 is on pace to beat it by a decent margin.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

computer parts posted:

Last year they actually had 30 different models of phone released.

When the Galaxies were first introduced in Korea each carrier got their own model to sell, SK Telecom got the Galaxy S, KT got the Galaxy K and LGU got the Galaxy U.

It didn't make much sense.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

oldman posted:

When the Galaxies were first introduced in Korea each carrier got their own model to sell, SK Telecom got the Galaxy S, KT got the Galaxy K and LGU got the Galaxy U.

It didn't make much sense.

It was the same in the US.

T-Mobile had the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Verizon had the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
AT&T had the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Sprint has the Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G

The Sprint one was the blacksheep of the family. In addition to being the only one that had "4G" (but since it was WiMAX, who cared?), it also had a slide-out keyboard, an LED flash, LED notification light, and front-camera.

Samsung's naming convention really got out of control with the Galaxy S2...Sprint's phone's full official name was, IIRC, the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch on Sprint...or something.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I don't know if it's been posted before, but I caught this gem a few minutes ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTEMQmAIsY

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

It was the same in the US.

T-Mobile had the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Verizon had the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
AT&T had the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Sprint has the Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G

The Sprint one was the blacksheep of the family. In addition to being the only one that had "4G" (but since it was WiMAX, who cared?), it also had a slide-out keyboard, an LED flash, LED notification light, and front-camera.

Samsung's naming convention really got out of control with the Galaxy S2...Sprint's phone's full official name was, IIRC, the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch on Sprint...or something.

For the past year and a half, I've been using a Samsung Captivate Glide, which is basically a Galaxy S 2 with 4G, a front camera, and a pull out keyboard (the latter feature being why I got it). Yeah, Samsung's ridiculous.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Kimmalah posted:

I don't know if it's been posted before, but I caught this gem a few minutes ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTEMQmAIsY

We're like three steps from an actual cyberpunk future coming to life now. Thanks to Zoomies.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bull3964 posted:

It actually isn't just the pure number of models or components. The SGS3 specifically (that one model) has been the #1 selling smartphone and the SGS4 is on pace to beat it by a decent margin.

That was for the quarter before the iPhone 5 launched specifically.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This gem is from a local power company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiunUtAEyE8

Also, what is with that loving whistling song being in like every other commercial lately?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Please, God, tell me somebody hasn't posted this in the thread yet.

Look at this thing. LOOK AT IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5tWRLhHLSw

WILLYWEEWATER.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

raditts posted:

The sad thing is that that isn't the first time recently that Push It's been used to market to kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLhtPQ11BY

"Chef Don't Judge" indeed.

Haha this is awesome, in order to desexualize the song to make the commercial (slightly) less creepy, they have all male vocals instead of Salt N Pepa, in a track where it makes no sense for the vocalist to be male.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's becoming a recurring thing in their ads. It's not any better when it's a girl dancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFQ55McLGc

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Well, to be fair, we haven't even seen the marketing data that supports rebranding Chef Boyardee into a leering pedophile.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Arschlochkind posted:

Please, God, tell me somebody hasn't posted this in the thread yet.

Look at this thing. LOOK AT IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5tWRLhHLSw

WILLYWEEWATER.

What the gently caress is that thing? Despite the name I'm fairly certain they wouldn't put an anthropomorphic dick on a TV commercial, so I guess it's supposed to be a kidney?

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Is it more or less ok for the lady to kiss it at the end if it's a kidney? 'Cause people don't kiss kidneys IRL.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wagonburner posted:

Is it more or less ok for the lady to kiss it at the end if it's a kidney? 'Cause people don't kiss kidneys IRL.

Nothing about that commercial is ok... except the service they're advertising, I guess? I couldn't tell because I was too busy being creeped out by walking kidneys named Willy Weewater assuming human form and stealing our women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

As someone with dialysis experience, I assure you there is no not-insane part of that ad. At-home dialysis usually doesn't resemble clinic dialysis in the least. Also, flash fact: most dialysis patients, due to all the weird crap it does to you, are incapable of "weeing water".