Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Sarcophallus posted:

While I figure Garou will definitely be overall weaker than Saitama, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to trump him in something like speed to make it a more exciting fight.

You are so reading the wrong story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Boogaleeboo posted:

You are so reading the wrong story.

Garou has been built up for around half the duration of the manga, I'm going to firmly plant myself in the, "He's not going to get one-punched" boat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Enemies have already appeared that have forced Saitama to actually get serious since his normal punches aren't able to kill them. I don't think Garou will be able to survive a serious punch, but I do think the final boss of the series will probably be strong enough to force Saitama to use his strongest move.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

but I do think the final boss of the series will probably be strong enough to force Saitama to use his strongest move.

The one-two combination.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
What is that elongated head suppose to mean? I know it is Tornado of Terror girl, but I didn't understand why One drew such a huge head. Is there some joke I am missing?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

RatHat posted:

Garou has been built up for around half the duration of the manga, I'm going to firmly plant myself in the, "He's not going to get one-punched" boat.

He absolutely isn't. He is still not going to be anywhere near Saitama's level. There's too much emotion beyond this, so it'll totally be longer than average. But Saitama is still Saitama.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure how that became my quote.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
That's....weird.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What is that elongated head suppose to mean? I know it is Tornado of Terror girl, but I didn't understand why One drew such a huge head. Is there some joke I am missing?
There might be, but I think it's just one of those things where the contrast is between someone who's sincerely deadly and powerful and questionably sane combined with... a farcical drawing like that. See also,

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Think it's just there as a random bit of humor.

Re: Garou

Garou will never be a challenge to Saitama, because no one will ever be a challenge to Saitama. That's kinda the point of the comic.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Genocyber posted:

Garou will never be a challenge to Saitama, because no one will ever be a challenge to Saitama. That's kinda the point of the comic.

Making ends meet seems to be a challenge to Saitama, judging by his preoccupation with Special Sales Day.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Genocyber posted:

Think it's just there as a random bit of humor.

Re: Garou

I dont think its too much of a stretch to say that the final villain encountered will be a challenge to Saitama, since thats all hes wanted during the entire story. Garou seems to fit that mold, especially since they both became strong the same way.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont think its too much of a stretch to say that the final villain encountered will be a challenge to Saitama, since thats all hes wanted during the entire story. Garou seems to fit that mold, especially since they both became strong the same way.

Yeah it's all leading up to the sequel Onepunch except for that one time-man.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I think it's more likely there will be someone (Garou?) who's built up to be his match, then he goes down easily like everyone else, and Saitama returns home to check for new sales.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Meme Emulator posted:

Asura demon had a transcendent power that surpassed all control. Speed of Sound Sonic had a speed that could not be matched. The giant snowman was the size of a mountain. The Sea King was the father of all living things. That goofy YiGiOh guy had traveled from the other side of the universe just to face Saitama. Metal Knight respects no moral laws in his endless quest for the ultimate scientific weapons. King is the strongest human on earth. Black sperm is eleven trillion dangerous monsters at once. Garou's limiter is cracking as he presses against his own limits. God has powers that exceed all understanding.

You can find reasons why any of these clowns will totally be able to push Saitama, but it's just not gonna happen. Saitama has trouble dealing with other people, so he might struggle a bit in a fight because he doesn't know what to do on a social level, but get hurt? Struggle to win? Never.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapters:

http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c082/1.html

http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/c083/1.html

Light Speed Flash showed up. That means Saitama can't be far behind. :allears:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 5, 2013

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mystic Mongol posted:

Asura demon had a transcendent power that surpassed all control. Speed of Sound Sonic had a speed that could not be matched. The giant snowman was the size of a mountain. The Sea King was the father of all living things. That goofy YiGiOh guy had traveled from the other side of the universe just to face Saitama. Metal Knight respects no moral laws in his endless quest for the ultimate scientific weapons. King is the strongest human on earth. Black sperm is eleven trillion dangerous monsters at once. Garou's limiter is cracking as he presses against his own limits. God has powers that exceed all understanding.

You can find reasons why any of these clowns will totally be able to push Saitama, but it's just not gonna happen. Saitama has trouble dealing with other people, so he might struggle a bit in a fight because he doesn't know what to do on a social level, but get hurt? Struggle to win? Never.

I swear to god that that god creature homeless emperor worked for will be one of the big bads saitama has to face. He was just too lovingly rendered.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mystic Mongol posted:

I get the gag, its not like I dont understand the joke. Im just saying that when Saitamas ambition from chapter 1 was to have a good fight, itll probably happen. Doesn't mean itll be a 20 chapter shounen shouting match or anything cliche like that, if thats what you think Im implying. Considering Garous been around for like 40 chapters now, and hes got the same source of strength as Saitama, it seems most likely that it will be him.

If anything, it would be pretty funny. What would happen if two Saitamas fought each other? Smacking each other around effortlessly and ultimately doing no damage to the other, theyd have to settle thier differences with a fighting game match

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 5, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meme Emulator posted:

If anything, it would be pretty funny. What would happen if two Saitamas fought each other? Smacking each other around effortlessly and ultimately doing no damage to the other, theyd have to settle thier differences with a fighting game match

And that's when King truly earns his title of "Strongest Hero".

SorcerousHam
Apr 8, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Light Speed Flash showed up. That means Saitama can't be far behind. :allears:

Check the bottom right hand corner of the final panel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Come to think of it, I wonder if Garou truly is strong enough to be a God level monster now or if he's just a really strong Dragon.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

RatHat posted:

Come to think of it, I wonder if Garou truly is strong enough to be a God level monster now or if he's just a really strong Dragon.
Probably. He effortlessly defeated the strongest monsters present and the strongest heroes. I mean he's still getting chumped by Saitama, but it's not because Garou's weak or something.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Garou is disappointed with their performance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
We still haven't seen anything from those two monsters with the awesome designs who gave that bald guy the power armor. They don't seem to be part of this monster organization, so there might be a bigger and better one out there somewhere.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Serious Frolicking posted:

We still haven't seen anything from those two monsters with the awesome designs who gave that bald guy the power armor. They don't seem to be part of this monster organization, so there might be a bigger and better one out there somewhere.

They probably work for Metal Knight.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
Even more new chapters:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/186332/onepunch-man-original_ch84_by_anonymous

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/186333/onepunch-man-original_ch85_by_anonymous

Looks like everyone will be dead before Saitama gets his turn. Afterwards, King will get credit for it of course.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They keep ignoring him :negative:

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
I have no doubt that Garou will get one punched, but I wonder if that will be the end of him. At this point he has had more development than any other character. The guy has had the poo poo kicked out of him so many times that Saitama doing it (again) feels meaningless. Maybe Saitama will break his philosophy by showing him what a real hero is or something.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Flippinlikebirds posted:

I have no doubt that Garou will get one punched, but I wonder if that will be the end of him. At this point he has had more development than any other character. The guy has had the poo poo kicked out of him so many times that Saitama doing it (again) feels meaningless. Maybe Saitama will break his philosophy by showing him what a real hero is or something.

On the other hand, Garou has become a monster, and so far most (all?) monsters Saitama have faced have been killed.

"You are really one hosed up nutcase." :allears:

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

JosephWongKS posted:

And that's when King truly earns his title of "Strongest Hero".

Haha, that actually fits with the offbeat humor of this series.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

PaganGoatPants posted:

They keep ignoring him :negative:

It absolutely owns.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Chapters 86 and 87 are out now as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I love how Garou thinks Saitama is playing mind games when all Saitama wants is for him to be quiet.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's somewhat depressing to realize we're only 5 chapters behind ONE now, and will probably be caught up within a few days. Having several new chapters come out every day or so for the last few days has been really sweet and I'm not looking forward to that ending. Still, kind of curious how many of the heroes are passed out, dead or otherwise unable to tell just how easily Saitama killed Natural Evil Water and how badly he's presumably going to gently caress up Garou. I'm kind of presuming that once this arc is over he'll be at least A-Class, if not S-Class, and that the "nobody knows who Saitama is" theme of the manga will be downplayed - at least within the hero circles, even if the general populace still aren't too familiar with him.

tsob fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 6, 2013

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Gotta say, I'm glad that Garou wasn't really gonna kill that kid.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zombieman is there, Most of them are probably awake, garou likes an audience.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
drat cliffhanger! :arghfist:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaganGoatPants posted:

drat cliffhanger! :arghfist:

Can it be called a "cliffhanger" when we already know how it'll be resolved?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JosephWongKS posted:

Can it be called a "cliffhanger" when we already know how it'll be resolved?

I want to see him throw 3 punches is all. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I peeked ahead a couple of chapters.

Looking at it again that's his nose, not a dorky rear end smile. Oh well.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 7, 2013