Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I just realized that despite all the talks about how the AB games will continue till there's a winner, this is the last one if Quark doesn't exit.

Dio and K at 8/8 points each against a dead Alice. If they ally, they both reach 10. If they betray, they're 11.

That also means that Ten (4) and Clover (4) are screwed. Luna/Sigma/Phi at 7/7/7 are safe.

And knowing this game, Quark is going to run out, Sigma is going to die, or Luna is going to betray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The games continue until somebody opens the door. Just lock anyone above 9 in a closet until it's time to go through the colored doors.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

The games continue until somebody opens the door. Just lock anyone above 9 in a closet until it's time to go through the colored doors.

The problem is that one of them might not want to wait. (Dio I am guessing)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

The problem is that one of them might not want to wait. (Dio I am guessing)

That's why you lock them in a closet.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Eeepies posted:

And knowing this game, Quark is going to run out, Sigma is going to die, or Luna is going to betray.

Well, then it's a good thing I'm only watching this LP. If I was playing this game and that loving happened I'd break something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

That's why you lock them in a closet.

K and Dio don't look very weak and if one of them runs over to the level before anyone can stop and pulls the lever it will force people out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

They've got 45 minutes plus time until the next vote after the white rooms, and have an underground complex full of various supplies. Cobble together some metal cover to put over the lever. Doesn't have to be Fort Knox, just enough that nobody can grab the lever without giving the others time to stop them.

But nooooooo, everybody's off looking for the kid instead of thinking ahead.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Green Intern posted:

You "could be stuck," in that there's a chance you wouldn't make it through the door, based upon the rules of the game. There really isn't anything indicating another door.
There wasn't an indicator in the first game, either. Zero never said there was only one door, but also never said there were two. Just said the number 9 door was the way to freedom.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Bruceski posted:

But nooooooo, everybody's off looking for the kid instead of thinking ahead.

To be fair, Tenmyouji and Clover are going to to die if they don't find Quark.

vv Haha

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Bruceski posted:

They've got 45 minutes plus time until the next vote after the white rooms, and have an underground complex full of various supplies. Cobble together some metal cover to put over the lever. Doesn't have to be Fort Knox, just enough that nobody can grab the lever without giving the others time to stop them.

But nooooooo, everybody's off looking for the kid instea.d of thinking ahead.

Or that if they don't find Quark before the doors close, Clover and Tenmyouji die.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Huh...?
K and Luna aren't here...

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

What should we do?

What do you mean, what should we do? All we can do is wait.
We don't want to end up missing eachother by accident.

Yeah... Guess you've got a point.

I just want to check something really quick.

Check what?

Remember? She was kneeling down, looking at something on the ground.

VLR OST: [Portentousness]

Find something?

Isn't this... blood?

Ah hah! Nice work there, Sigma!

I don't need you to pat me on the back. It makes me feel stupid or something.

The truth hurts.

Hmm... So... Blood, huh?

Stop running around!

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

I noticed something.

Oh yeah? And what, pray tell, was that?

The same thing Clover and Alice noticed.

That's... arg. Can't you just tell me?

The side that's facing the wall has blood on it.
What's the first thing you think of when you hear "blood"?

...Vampires?

This is no time to be screwing around!

The handkerchief Alice had.
There's some blood on it that we assumed belonged to the old lady.

Let's say this thing was on the floor next to the rightmost AB room.
We'll assume that the blood on the side facing the wall came from this handkerchief.
Okay, then what?

Right.
What do you think was going through her mind?

"Why is there a bloodstained handkerchief here?"
Or something along those lines.

And...?

"Did this belong to the old woman? It must have."

And...?

"But if it did... then who put it here?"
Or... wait... Maybe someone just dropped it. Or they could have thrown it here...

And...?

You want more?

You're almost there.

Hmm...
"How long has this handkerchief been here?"
Something like that?

Well, I imagine it wasn't here from the start...

You know, when we started.
When you and I escaped from the AB Room through the hatch on the roof.
The first thing we did after we got out and met everyone except for Clover and K was go look at the number nine door.

Yeah, I know. We looked at them from this exact angle.
I'm pretty sure there wasn't any handkerchief there then...
There wasn't...
W-Wait.

Heh. Finally figured it out, huh?

Yeah.

Probably. They moved the rightmost one all the way to the left.

And who was trapped in there when the Nonary Game started?

Well, it would have been the AB Room on the right at first, so...

Fedule fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 12, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was wondering if anyone in the thread was going to spot this, since the screenshots showing the discrepancy were there and could be more easily compared than when actually playing the game.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Regy Rusty posted:

I was wondering if anyone in the thread was going to spot this, since the screenshots showing the discrepancy were there and could be more easily compared than when actually playing the game.

I'm glad nobody did, though. Finding out right now has far more of an impact than realizing it earlier, before Alice died.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Still voting Ally for Luna.

Because now she scares me greatly :ohdear:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Luna could have been the killer?

or....maybe the dead lady is Luna... :ohdear:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
:aaaaa:

Well, I guess that clears up what we're doing next voting round. It's always the quiet ones...

Fedule posted:

Isn't this... blood?

Ah hah! Nice work there, Sigma!

I don't need you to pat me on the back. It makes me feel stupid or something.

The truth hurts.

Also, this exchange was great; it doesn't help that I keep imagining him speaking like Kanji all of the time. Clearly, Easy Mode Sigma and his various failings reflect reality.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Um... uh... :stare:

:stare:

Talk about pulling a fast one. I never would have even considered there being a discrepancy in the two shots of that room.

Whelp, I'm voting Ally. Out of fear of course.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If we vote Ally, maybe she won't kill Sigma next! :dance:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Oh poo poo. It's always the sweet, hippie-looking ones.

I bet K's not coming back in one piece.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Alopex posted:

Oh poo poo. It's always the sweet, hippie-looking ones.

I bet K's not coming back in one piece.

Dio already told us that he saw K alone. He might be safe for now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

whitehelm posted:

Dio already told us that he saw K alone. He might be safe for now.

Except that means Luna's ALSO alone.

No one is safe. :tinfoil:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I didn't get what it was leading up to but when I saw the GIF that compared the shots I just kinda paused a moment before going "....well, hoooo-leeeee poo poo."

I still didn't realize it was Luna's room until they explicitly told me. Either way I don't know what to think anymore. :ohdear:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Eeepies posted:

I just realized that despite all the talks about how the AB games will continue till there's a winner, this is the last one if Quark doesn't exit.

Dio and K at 8/8 points each against a dead Alice. If they ally, they both reach 10. If they betray, they're 11.

That also means that Ten (4) and Clover (4) are screwed. Luna/Sigma/Phi at 7/7/7 are safe.

The next key set will be able to be used as many times as they want. So it will be the last one if Quark exits.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I love when games can pull things like that, have the clue staring you in the face but keeping it subtle. It's difficult to manage, since most front-and-center clues will basically have a "this is a clue" sign hanging off them. The chambers were so central to plot elements though that they could keep showing them to you without looking like they were making a point of showing them to you.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Uhh... Like many people here I expected Luna to be hiding something, but I was thinking more along the lines of some, not neccessarily malicious involvement with Zero and the Nonary Game, kinda like Snake in the previous game. Right now it seems more like we've found our resident Ace.

So... out of our co-participants so far, Alice's dead, Dio's an rear end in a top hat,K has his identity completely obscured and claims to have amnesia, Clover's paranoid and witholding potentially vital information, Quark may or may not be murderously insane, Tenmyouji's just admitted to having co-operated with Zero, Phi's spouting cryptic lines idicating that she knows more than she should but she refuses to share her knowledge or reveal the source, and even if Luna hadn't killed the old lady, she'd almost certainly seen it and didn't tell anyone.
We're in some deeeeep poo poo, last game we at least had Lotus.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Aumanor posted:

We're in some deeeeep poo poo, last game we at least had Lotus.

Don't be forgetting Seven. Dude was built like a mountain, after all.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GeneralYeti posted:

Don't be forgetting Seven. Dude was built like a mountain, after all.

And lying to us the entire time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bruceski posted:

And lying to us the entire time.

It's not like he was up to anything sinister, though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This is here to get us to doubt Luna, she's helped us twice in the past with an Ally vote, she could have killed us easily through a Betray. Even if she did know about the old womans corpse she may have not wanted to make herself suspicious.

We should still ally with Luna, this is the part of every story where we are made to doubt a trusted ally, and like in those stories actual doubt will only cause pain for everyone involved.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Onmi posted:

This is here to get us to doubt Luna, she's helped us twice in the past with an Ally vote, she could have killed us easily through a Betray. Even if she did know about the old womans corpse she may have not wanted to make herself suspicious.

We should still ally with Luna, this is the part of every story where we are made to doubt a trusted ally, and like in those stories actual doubt will only cause pain for everyone involved.

Look at it this way though: if Luna allies, we all get to go free. If Luna betrays, Phi/Sigma doesn't get to go free.

It doesn't even matter how Phi/Sigma votes anymore. They'll either get 2/3 points if Luna allies, or 0/-2 points if Luna betrays.

And... well I guess we know where Clover's murdering antics went to. Luna inherited them!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

When Phi pointed out the crane, I initially thought "oh, the dead body was dropped from the ceiling, to cast suspicion on the unlucky person to 'own' that AB room."

Moving rooms entirely seems so simple in hindsight.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It turns out I am overenthused (literally) and on fire (figuratively) today. You can have a whole other update right now (figuratively) if you can only make eight more posts on this page (literally)!

I am literally (figuratively) itching to post this thing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I am literally on fire and figuratively overenthused to see the next update.

Please send help.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

This revelation (that Luna's room had been moved) blew my mind when I played this game.

I genuinely can't wait to see what the goon consensus will be.

(I'm literally helping!)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This doesn't change anything, I'm still voting 'Ally' when the time comes.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I followed 999 pretty closely but I haven't been following this one as much. I was waiting for something to really dig me in to the game and now it's happened. That is such a great hidden in plain sight twist

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
I think we can trust Luna to ally, if she is our killer then AB game is not her MO. She'll probably just stab us after we've allied, I'm too scared to think of what'll happen if we betray.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I hope this game has good crazy faces like 999 did for the killers. I'm hoping for the best especially since this one is animated

Fall
Jun 6, 2011
This is so obvious in hindsight it's amazing. Look at the pipes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symptom
Oct 19, 2011
I'm excited for the next update too. Bring it on.

• Locked thread