Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

I peeked ahead a couple of chapters.

Looking at it again that's his nose, not a dorky rear end smile. Oh well.

ONE has the best panel compositions and comedic timing. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
It's hilarious how saitama himself just doesnt really get whats going on. He's only here because people were being noisy

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

ONE has the best panel compositions and comedic timing. I love it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I love how everyone's acting like your typical shonen characters and Saitama's all 'Get off my lawn you drat kids! :bahgawd:'

:allears:

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I love how everyone's acting like your typical shonen characters and Saitama's all 'Get off my lawn you drat kids! :bahgawd:'

:allears:

This is my favorite quality of his. Actually, this was my original idea to use for Blizzard's description in the OP before I thought it was too big.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Chapter 88

Chapter 89

Well...

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Well, we've seen what the last serious punch can do. At least Saitama is happy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious as to whether Garou will "ascend" more as a result of getting beaten up by Saitama, since he has done so after getting beaten up by other heroes.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious as to whether Garou will "ascend" more as a result of getting beaten up by Saitama, since he has done so after getting beaten up by other heroes.

He'll probably have a realization right before being punched into dust.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gothmog1065 posted:

I don't know what's better - the idea of Murata animating the gif panel or Saitama's smile and happy thoughts during the entire thing.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

He's so happy. :unsmith:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Gothmog1065 posted:

This is actually going to be from the super serious move series. I wonder how much more serious that is.

e: ah i may have read it wrong

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Genocyber posted:

He's so happy. :unsmith:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really hope his "Super Move Serious Series" is just one punch. Then he can be depressed again that he only used the first punch of the series.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Man, where is this series even going to go after Garou? Saitama finally got an opponent he could have a real fight against, there's nowhere to go from here but down. But we still have unresolved plot threads, so I doubt this is the end.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Adelheid posted:

Man, where is this series even going to go after Garou? Saitama finally got an opponent he could have a real fight against, there's nowhere to go from here but down. But we still have unresolved plot threads, so I doubt this is the end.

If by "a real fight" you mean "lasts longer than one punch", then I feel there's still a lot of ground to be covered.

I wonder if anyone's going to wake up in time to see Saitama in action (aside from Genos and King).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't know that it's going to be a real fight, as he said he can't measure Garou's strength since he's been going easy and his serious series just seems to be him not slacking off and doing the absolute minimum, rather than him being super serious and being really pushed. Checking chapter again: best part of 89 is Saitama getting pissed that Garou keeps tripping loser flags.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
I wonder how Saitama's previous opponents would stack up against the S-Class heroes. Going all the way back to Asura Rhino, even. The Rhino beat up Genos, but that was before his upgrade.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I can't wait for Garou to get punched through a wall or something right past King, so all the other heroes just see King and assume he's the one who beat him.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Adelheid posted:

Man, where is this series even going to go after Garou?

Metal Knight, the psychotic cyborg, Eigenknight, God, the danger threatening the world, the horrifying truth of the future. Plus anyone else who shows up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Adelheid posted:

To the grocery store, it is a Special Sale day after all.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

Metal Knight, the psychotic cyborg, Eigenknight, God, the danger threatening the world, the horrifying truth of the future. Plus anyone else who shows up.

Still haven't seen that dog hero in action yet either.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
We also have not seen #1 S rank hero.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mystic Mongol posted:

The first three are almost certainly related.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Still haven't seen that dog hero in action yet either.

closest we have seen is in chapter 67 where Guard Dog Man is ripping the freaking head off of a monster with the most nonchalant look on his face.:black101:
Guard Dog Man is my favorite S-rank hero

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is his hero name Guard Dog Man or Watchdog Man? This is important.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Depends on your translator. The Murata translation by Boon calls him Watchdog Man (My preference). The ONE translation by HellMuT calls him Guard Dog Man (I'm using that because this is the ONE tread). Either one seems to be correct but I can't read japanese so I wouldn't know which one is the literal translation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

It doesn't matter, he is the goddamn X-Dog Man, and we must know the important things like... Can he breathe in space?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If Guard Dog Man isn't Saitama's greatest ally, I'm mad.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

We also have not seen #1 S rank hero.

There is the possibility that Blast is just the name the hero association gave to the guy who saved its founder's son a few years before the story started.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No they mentioned that Blast doesn't do hero work unless he has absolute freedom so he's someone they've been in contact with.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Saitama is so happy. :3:

Brought To You By posted:

Depends on your translator. The Murata translation by Boon calls him Watchdog Man (My preference). The ONE translation by HellMuT calls him Guard Dog Man (I'm using that because this is the ONE tread). Either one seems to be correct but I can't read japanese so I wouldn't know which one is the literal translation.
Japanese name is Banken-man (番犬マン), so it should be translated as Watchdog-man.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

If Guard Dog Man isn't Saitama's greatest ally, I'm mad.

Then be mad, since that'll be Genos unless there's some kind of major upset. Even the argument that he's his disciple not his ally doesn't really hold water since Genos believes in Saitama's strength and essentially good nature more than anyone and that's unlikely to change. He's also very strong in his own right and can upgrade himself freely to become stronger. Best Watchdog-Man can ever be is his second best ally and possibly his best friend (which is more appropriate given his dog...costume?) given that Genos is so subservient to Saitama. That's unlikely too though, given the existence of King.

I'm probably taking an off-hand joke comment way too seriously on the other hand.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
New translations are out, but only 92 appears to have uploaded correctly.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I don't know, 91 and 90 seem fine on Batoto.

Also congrats ONE thread, you are now caught up to the raws. ENJOY THE MASSIVE, MASSIVE WAIT TO SEE THIS FIGHT *FINALLY* WRAPPED UP!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Boogaleeboo posted:

I don't know, 91 and 90 seem fine on Batoto.

Also congrats ONE thread, you are now caught up to the raws. ENJOY THE MASSIVE, MASSIVE WAIT TO SEE THIS FIGHT *FINALLY* WRAPPED UP!

I'm channeling my inner HxH from the end of the Chimera Ant arc as I type...

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Reiche posted:

I'm channeling my inner HxH from the end of the Chimera Ant arc as I type...

Art's about right.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ow.

I mean completely accurate, but ow.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
And we're caught up. Now we have Murata's version to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Art's about right.

I think that's why I took to reading this so quickly now that I think about it what with the scribbles mixed with random panels of very well done drawings.