Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Iced Cocoa posted:

Railrunner is revealing to Thunderbark Moonblood's sword. What is Thunderbark feeling and thinking? My guess is that he's afraid, because now Railrunner is armed with magic sword.

I've been staring at this way too long. I give up. Someone help me figure out what's going on at the bottom of the drawing. Is Thunderbark reading a book, or are those Railrunner's treads? Are those Thunderbark's legs or Railrunner's knuckles? And I don't see a sword at all. :saddowns:

This is like the world's worst hidden pictures puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

hyperhazard posted:

I've been staring at this way too long. I give up. Someone help me figure out what's going on at the bottom of the drawing. Is Thunderbark reading a book, or are those Railrunner's treads? Are those Thunderbark's legs or Railrunner's knuckles? And I don't see a sword at all. :saddowns:

This is like the world's worst hidden pictures puzzle.

I have created this handy guide to lovely art!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

my dad posted:

Bobbin, don't force yourself. I'm sorry for posting the "in a week or so" thingy, you really don't have to rush.

Nah, it was my deadline to miss. Here's the rest now. I just needed a weekend after I spent the last two on this project.

Oh, and you can also get the full project in audio format here on Tindeck. I'll get back to the fanfiction soonish, but there's one last thing I need to do for my book before I publish it...

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Thunderbark looks like he's falling backwards into a pit. Man this perspective sucks.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:siren:The Project:siren:

For the people who skimmed over Bobbin's posts, here are all the links for the dramatic reading/amateur satirical radio drama:

Youtube videos (10 minutes each):
Part One
Part Two
Part Three

Full version (audio only) on Tindeck:

If you only have a minute or so to spend, go to 8:28 in the third video for the most hilarious, stupid, awful, :ughh: line in the book.

We originally planned to include some commentary after the reading, but the reading itself took twice as long as we originally planned to, so it had to go. I'm kinda sad, since there were some good bits there, particularly in Vonder's commentary (I just had to include that one sentence at the very end of the readings) but at least it means that this goon project was actually finished. :toot:

edit: I had so much fun hamming Ironwheel up like a B-movie villain.

my dad fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 8, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's okay guys. My bit of ending commentary was just me rambling about eternal rage, it wasn't very important.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Now this thing is gold! At least three good things have come out of this. There is Bobbin's Fanfiction (and his new and improved about-to-be-published book), Djeser's :stonk: Fanfiction and The Project. I never thought there would be anything good that came out of this. Now I kinda want to do a reading of Djeser's fanfic but I'm afraid my voice and my nonexistent acting skill would be terrible for that kind of horror story. :ohdear:

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Now this thing is gold! At least three good things have come out of this. There is Bobbin's Fanfiction (and his new and improved about-to-be-published book), Djeser's :stonk: Fanfiction and The Project. I never thought there would be anything good that came out of this. Now I kinda want to do a reading of Djeser's fanfic but I'm afraid my voice and my nonexistent acting skill would be terrible for that kind of horror story. :ohdear:

Go for it! It certainly couldn't get as bad or worse than the book itself. :allears:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Oh wow, I can see it now. I thought the sword was part of Thunderbark's chair.

Those wheel fingers will never stop being funny.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What annoys me about her art is that even when they get wounded, they look mildly inconvenienced instead of, oh I dunno, in loving pain!

I mean that expression is what you have after you are tired, or if you have a mild hangover. NOT when you have grievous injuries or are otherwise in mortal peril!

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Sort of a really flat :negative: .

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Nah, it was my deadline to miss. Here's the rest now. I just needed a weekend after I spent the last two on this project.

Oh, and you can also get the full project in audio format here on Tindeck. I'll get back to the fanfiction soonish, but there's one last thing I need to do for my book before I publish it...

What episode is the AVGN "gently caress IT" from? I know he drank beer in all of them, but I remember that specific one but can't put my finger on it. He got REALLY angry that time.

Also, could you post the giant :stare: image? It is important.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

What episode is the AVGN "gently caress IT" from? I know he drank beer in all of them, but I remember that specific one but can't put my finger on it. He got REALLY angry that time.

Also, could you post the giant :stare: image? It is important.

Like I say in the credits, I got all the images from Google Image Search, so I have no idea. The stare image was easy enough to find again, though.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I tried :( I'm not that happy with it. English is my second language so I stumble and pause and there are also few other issues going on with this as well which you might pick up.

The original fanfic is located here.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Double post, I know, but Miranda uploaded a batch of illustrations for the new edition of Twisted.

I hope it's the last one, because that last image... GODDAMN it would be the most perfect summary of Twisted there is.

Let's start with the least offensive picture of the bunch. Yeah I mean it, it's the least offensive.

Railrunner is here giving Clare the ride that makes him be absolutely sure that she wants to be a roller coaster. Why the hell is she blindfolded?

Railrunner VS Freakshow. Looks like she got a redesign. Can anyone actually make any head or tails of this?

And for the finale.

Everyone has basically commented just how smug all the roller coasters appear to be.

Of course, Miranda doesn't draw them smug intentionally.

But what happens when she does draws them smug, intentionally?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It actually looks less smug :psyduck:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Waffleman_ posted:

It actually looks less smug :psyduck:

Seriously, what the gently caress? How does that even happen? He looks, at most, "self-assured and confident" compared to the other "normal" drawings.

edit: still looks pretty smug though compared to, y'know, everything else.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

It's supposed to be a drawing of Railrunner "Proud of himself" anyway.

New picture up:

quote:

Worried

Merrylegs the carousel horse and Static the dodgem are deep within the heart of Between, discussing their worries about their college, Railrunner.

I literally can't remember this scene in the book, but this confirms one thing, the "Abruptly changing viewpoints" is back.

Also, that drawing on the wall is making me nostalgic for the Snake game on my old phone.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

quote:

Worried

Merrylegs the carousel horse and Static the dodgem are deep within the heart of Between, discussing their worries about their college, Railrunner.
"Static, I am starting to think this may not be an actual legitimate college. All the courses are about murder and biotruths."
"Did you say something? I'm still trying to figure out how I got up on this bed."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The expressions should be reversed. Static is the one who thinks Railrunner is an insane psychopath, not Marrylegs.

Static is pretty cool. If for no other reason than that he's Miranda's whipping boy.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

SSNeoman posted:

The expressions should be reversed. Static is the one who thinks Railrunner is an insane psychopath, not Marrylegs.

Static is pretty cool. If for no other reason than that he's Miranda's whipping boy.

After all, he only murdered two people in cold blood.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

They've got a spider baby!

my dad posted:

He's practically a pacifist.

He won't do well at Railrunner College of Wanton Slaughter.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
She still thinks horses sit and lay down. How the hell can you live in Bumfuck, Tennessee and not know the difference between a cow and a horse? :psyduck:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

A Pinball Wizard posted:

She still thinks horses sit and lay down. How the hell can you live in Bumfuck, Tennessee and not know the difference between a cow and a horse? :psyduck:

Hint: trailer park.

All's they got is rats and roaches.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

my dad posted:

You work with what you get when it comes to this book.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Hint: trailer park.

All's they got is rats and roaches.

You know, this makes a frightening amount of sense.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Finished up the book stuff. Now back to this nonsense.

Detective Black, Thunderbolt, and Terry the Teacup spent the rest of the night in silence and broke camp the next morning. Thunderbolt crushed and scattered the fire's ashes but left the tents standing; Black imagined it was just one more thing the residents relied on the invisible gnomes to clean up for them.

Black himself was less surprised than the morning before to find a colorful box of sugary breakfast cereal (labeled "Gnomeos") and a bottle of milk waiting for him when he woke up, although Thunderbolt and Terry gave him puzzled looks when they saw what he had. Still, there was enough to share, so after a quick rinse in the nearby stream, the three pulled a set of plastic bowl mushrooms out of the creekside, harvested plastic spoons that were growing under a potato salad bush, and ate breakfast.

Dropping the bowls by the tents, Thunderbolt led the others back to the riverbank, carefully avoiding the site where their fellow passengers were buried, and began the long walk upstream. The three continued to walk in silence, giving Black time to reflect on his life.

Although Detective Black's psychic ability made him excellent at manipulating suspects and witnesses and he could easily spot lies, his tendency to forget small details prevented him from being much more than a middling detective. Between that and being forced into the small Paranatural Department, Black hadn't seen a real promotion since before he married his wife. Still, working supernatural cases proved more than challenging enough; his telepathy made him excellent at revealing hidden vampires and lycanthropes, but it also marked him as a target among spellcasters and other psychics. Interrogating wizards and sorcerers was a challenge in itself since they knew spells to shield the mind, but because Black's talent was constantly active while spells always had a time limit, he gradually developed a tendency to show up at suspects' homes and workplaces unannounced and then come up with excuses to linger, sometimes upwards of an hour at a time. It was to provide an extra excuse that he developed his smoking habit.

Suddenly realizing how long it had been since he last smoked, Black's hand shot into his coat and pulled out his pack. Opening the top, he saw that his soak in the river had done terrible things to his cigarettes. The paper of the smokes and the pack itself was stained a blackish-brown, and the cigarettes were soiled, wrinkled, and still wet. Black tried to pull one out regardless, but the filter came loose in his hand, leaving the rest still stuck in the pack.

Tossing the filter aside, Black brought his finger in to pry the cigarette out, but then he paused. Although he still felt like he could use a smoke, his craving was gone. Completely gone, in fact. Thinking back, Black decided it was likely another side effect from when the carousel horse's magic collided with the hoodoo magic that kept him alive. Although the detective knew he would probably resume his habit if he returned to his world, he decided the nicotine high wasn't worth struggling through whatever else the river had added to his pack. Stopping for a moment, he threw the Marlboros into the water.

"What was that?" Thunderbolt asked, hearing the splash.

"Nothing we need anymore," Black replied, resuming his march.

The three ate a walking lunch after discovering a buried patch of trail mix around noon. Not long afterwards, the trees thinned out and the ground stabilized enough that Thunderbolt determined he could safely shift into his roller coaster form, and the remainder of the trip was an eye-watering blur. As the sun drew close to the western horizon (or at least what Black wagered was the west), Thunderbolt crested the top of a grass-covered hill, giving his passengers a panoramic view of the city spread out below them.

"Welcome to the capital of Plains Land," Thunderbolt called back. "Farm Town."

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

You know, this makes a frightening amount of sense.

Only it doesn't when you realize her parents self-published this book for her.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

It's a testament to how brain-hurting the internal anatomy of these dragons rollercoasters really is that I had a strange dream last night where I had to make a three-dimensional model of one for a museum. It wound up having a cavity in its chest for storing magical crystals just to keep the poor beast alive, a root system, and a scale model of an ancient pagoda somewhere in the eighth car. Looking at these sketches again, I don't think I can attribute any of that to dream-logic.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The funny part is that every car behind the third has absolutely no use. And that poor little heart has to pump blood along the entire length of the coaster...

edit: "blong" =/= "blood"

my dad fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 13, 2013

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

my dad posted:

The funny part is that every car behind the third has absolutely no use. And that poor little heart has to pump blong along the entire length of the coaster...

What's a shame is that, in a movie or something, crazy centipede dragons fighting could actually be kind of cool even if being roller coasters also meant it was ridiculous and stupid. They'd move in strange ways and it would look visually interesting.

But in the books she mentions their extra cars like twice and then forgets about them forever. They just act like people and the anatomy fits that, with everything past the front legs ancillary and unimportant.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

She also talks about tails. Tails! They do not have tails, they have a long body!

I know it has been said several times now, but if this were a story about dragons and other mythological creatures it would be generic fantasy whatever, but it would be better than this travesty.

And Bobbin, I got your book just now. I'll try to finish it before Friday and leave a review.

Is your second book going to be about Detective Black? :allears: As long as it isn't about amusement park rides I think you would be in the safe.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Whoa! Bobbin got a book? Links or it didn't happen.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Practical Wizardry It's only on kindle format though. I think Amazon allows reading through its website somehow, I'm not sure exactly.

Edit: Yep, Your Account -> Manage your Kindle. There in the list of the kindle orders you've made you can click on "Actions" far right and included in the dropdown is "Read Now" which is for the Cloud Reader. Dunno how this goes for people who don't have a kindle to begin with, but I know there is a kindle reader app available for smartphones and tablets.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 14, 2013

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Rahonavis posted:

It wound up having a cavity in its chest for storing magical crystals just to keep the poor beast alive,

Were they crystals that made its wheels grow long and thin?

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXKVOxqkWM

Review tomorrow.

Please note that I have no idea of the context of this phrase. Here it should be taken literally.

Edit: Enough derail from me, have some more stupid.

The mountains that are literal unpainted backdrop there. The TAIL that goes on for miles.

Why? D:

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 14, 2013

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Railrunner's back cars are just bobbling along after him like balloons.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

attackbunny posted:

Railrunner's back cars are just bobbling along after him like balloons.

We're all floating down here, Georgie. :cb:

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
My first thought was 'What the gently caress is that giant face in the sky?'

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

In her defense, at least there's some environments here now, as opposed to the empty voids filled with naught but a creature of murder and smug.

Perhaps there is a wormhole "off-camera" and that is where the rest of the coaster goes to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011
I was at an amusement park today and I cringed every time I saw a red rollercoaster train. :sigh:

• Locked thread