Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

bokealoke posted:

I am going to start playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution here soon and would just like to know what to expect. Is it anything like the original Deus Ex or Invisible War? Any particular way I should build my character? Since I have played the first two would it be wise to go ahead and just start on the most difficult setting? And the most important question of all, is sneaking just as broken as it was in the previous two games?

I think the most important thing to mention about the game is that the first really mission you'll be assigned, the one with hostages in a warehouse, you should attend that ASAP and not dick around too long before you head to that location, otherwise bad things can happen. Also, this is the only place in the game where this applies, for the rest of the game you can just do the usual RPG scheme of "go everywhere but the mission objective first" without consequences.

For building your character and the skills you can upgrade;

There are a couple that will lead to unique content or which, by not having, can make you miss content. I'd argue the most critical of that is the speech analyzer thing, as this actually affects dialogue and so you should take that early so as not to miss any of that content.
A bit further down the line is the break through walls skill, which enables you to, well, break through walls in a few specific locations so as to open up alternative routes or just get to places you couldn't otherwise reach.
Similarly, the upgrade to lift heavy objects and the skill that makes you take no fall damage will provide additional routes or access to "secret" locations. The no-fall-damage comes in really, really handy just for basic gameplay as well, so I'd definitely recommend taking that early.
Also, the double takedown skill is, again, contextual, but there's tons of places where you'll have two enemies right next to each other where the skill applies and it's also pretty drat handy.

It's not really that important which order you get these skills in, but I'd definitely recommend getting at least the speech analyzer as your first upgrade, and the pick whatever you want out of those other listed skills. Maybe a hacking upgrade to access higher leveled security systems a bit earlier in between.
The most important thing is just not to take something useless like battery upgrades, tracking or seeing through walls or anything like that before one of the things I've mentioned that might make you miss out on content or goodies.

E: Beaten by Ainsley McTree and oh yes, absolutely go for the silenced pistol and upgrade the crap out of it, it's probably the single most useful weapon in the game.
The stun gun and tranq. dart are also nice and beyond that you don't really need any extra weapons, especially the utterly bulky stuff like the sniper rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I picked up Risen 2 in the Humble Bundle and started playing it, but now that Risen 1 is a part of it I wanted to start with that one. I read the wiki article on Risen 1 but it didn't tell me everything I wanted to know. What are the pros and cons of using different weapon types, and that sort of thing.

Also, I know I'm supposed to pick a faction but in Risen 2 you end up with the inquisition, so is that the 'canon' choice? Or does the end of Risen 1 lead into that no matter who I side with?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Mierenneuker posted:

Also, what's a good place to store loot early on in Fallout: New Vegas? I've yet to start playing it, but I suspect the Megaton apartment in Fallout 3 spoiled me in that aspect.

The earliest "secure" container in the game isnt actually part of a house. (Much like Fallout 3, if a container isnt "secure" then the game may or may not remember what you stored in it. Containers in your house are secure, containers elsewhere generally arent).

In the starting town (Goodsprings), stand facing the general store. To the left of it is a blue container that you wouldnt normally bother opening because its marked as "empty" (in the fallout games empty stuff is marked as empty so you dont have to waste time opening every wastebin in the game, just those which turn out to contain a nuka-cola bottle or an ashtray). Open it. As you are playing a courier, this is a drop box for the courier company. It does nothing.

The next town you come across to the south is Primm. In primm there is a courier office. It has another, identical, empty drop box. Open it.

Now you have opened 2 drop boxes, you can use them to ship stuff from one to the other. So take all your loot that you dont want to sell or carry, dump it in the drop box in Primm and it will be waiting for you whenever you want to pick it up at the drop box in Goodsprings and vice versa. There are other dropboxes in the game but you only need 2 to have been opened to use them for storage like that.

Although to be 100% fair, for all my packrat tendencies in RPGs, you should probably sell like 95% of the poo poo you are going to store for later because you will never use it. That suit with +15% radiation resistance? When you get to a part of the game where that would be handy you will probably weigh up the time taken in going to retrieve it vs just chugging some Rad-X and moving quickly and never retrieve it from storage ever. This also goes for 100% repaired armors of every concievable rank in every faction, interesting but sub optimal weapons and anything that you arent going to use to decorate your dwelling. But if you are like me knowing that intellectually wont help and you will still end the game with enough unused weapons and armour squirrelled away that you could drive the quartermasters of both armies entirely out of business.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
So about Dust: An Elysian Tale, I know there's some RPG level up mechanic type things. Are there stats that I should just avoid? Build-as-you-go? Do whatever you want? N00b traps?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gharbad the Weak posted:

So about Dust: An Elysian Tale, I know there's some RPG level up mechanic type things. Are there stats that I should just avoid? Build-as-you-go? Do whatever you want? N00b traps?

Play on Tough or Hardcore difficulty, the game isn't that hard and Normal just makes it a cakewalk. As long as you're aware of your parry ability and use it on the enemies that hurt hard, you're good.

Stat-wise you should put a gem in each slot to start with at the very least and then just do whatever after.

Whenever you get a material drop from an enemy, sell it to the merchants to catalogue it so they have a good stock whenever you need them.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

I think the most important thing to mention about the game is that the first really mission you'll be assigned, the one with hostages in a warehouse, you should attend that ASAP and not dick around too long before you head to that location, otherwise bad things can happen. Also, this is the only place in the game where this applies, for the rest of the game you can just do the usual RPG scheme of "go everywhere but the mission objective first" without consequences.

Related question, does this kind of scheme apply to Dishonored? I'm in the first mission and I don't want to check a guide but I'd be annoyed if I missed out on saving Captain so and so because I went to find Miss whatever first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tender Bender posted:

Related question, does this kind of scheme apply to Dishonored? I'm in the first mission and I don't want to check a guide but I'd be annoyed if I missed out on saving Captain so and so because I went to find Miss whatever first.

You can take your time. Those kinds of moments have triggers for when you arrive, so you have a few moments to gently caress with things before they step into the room/hide in a good ambush spot.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can take your time. Those kinds of moments have triggers for when you arrive, so you have a few moments to gently caress with things before they step into the room/hide in a good ambush spot.

Yes. Fair warning though, this one for some reason flipped out on my save. It autosaves when you trigger the event, but in my instance they both immediately ran for the secret room. No alarms, no bodies found, but they booked it as soon as the save would load.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Gharbad the Weak posted:

-Attack is your go-to stat for becoming a whirlwind of death. Start investing in Fidget when you're generally comfortable with your HP and defense. That'll happen about the time you start getting equipment with significant Fidget bonuses. You can't seriously screw it up, but the game is weighted well toward never getting hit in the first place.

-If you start thinking you have to do some crazy stunt to reach an item or traverse an area, stop. The game never expects great feats of ingenuity to get around. Just keep those areas in mind when you get upgrades later.

-Dodge rolls have a few invincibility frames right at the beginning. Abuse the hell out of it to keep your chain going.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

bokealoke posted:

I am going to start playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution here soon and would just like to know what to expect. Is it anything like the original Deus Ex or Invisible War? Any particular way I should build my character? Since I have played the first two would it be wise to go ahead and just start on the most difficult setting? And the most important question of all, is sneaking just as broken as it was in the previous two games?
My friend gave me this advice because I would spend skills point as soon as I leveled up. (And then I would be frustrated because I'd be locked out of so many areas). Only upgrade skills as you need them. There's a lot of games where naturally, if you don't spend your skill points, you fall behind. In this one it's still easy to get by even if you have like 3-5 Praxis on reserve. If you always have a few praxis points saved up, you'll never be locked out of an area you want to access.

e: Echoing what others said, probably best to spend your first two on the conversational ability. Many of the early-game terminals and doors have just level 1 security, which is a base skill. Being able to read people like a book remains useful early and late game.

buglord fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 8, 2013

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SiKboy posted:

The next town you come across to the south is Primm. In primm there is a courier office. It has another, identical, empty drop box. Open it.

Now you have opened 2 drop boxes, you can use them to ship stuff from one to the other. So take all your loot that you dont want to sell or carry, dump it in the drop box in Primm and it will be waiting for you whenever you want to pick it up at the drop box in Goodsprings and vice versa. There are other dropboxes in the game but you only need 2 to have been opened to use them for storage like that.

Holy poo poo, I finished the game without ever figuring that out. This needs to be put in the wiki stat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SiKboy posted:

In the starting town (Goodsprings), stand facing the general store. To the left of it is a blue container that you wouldnt normally bother opening because its marked as "empty" (in the fallout games empty stuff is marked as empty so you dont have to waste time opening every wastebin in the game, just those which turn out to contain a nuka-cola bottle or an ashtray). Open it. As you are playing a courier, this is a drop box for the courier company. It does nothing.

I've dumped over 50 hours into New Vegas and never knew about this :magical:.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Holy poo poo, I finished the game without ever figuring that out. This needs to be put in the wiki stat.

Done.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yeah, that's a solid nugget of game wisdom. It's the kind of thing you'd suspect a clever modder came up with it. I definitely will be making use of that.

...and Fallout 3 cured me of my pack rat tendencies, because taking both the "find more caps" and "find more ammo" perks made loot really uninteresting outside of unique weapons/apparel.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

There is also a safe in Goodsprings that an early quest sends you. I can't recall ever having the game lose stuff I put in there. My goto place to stack things that get too heavy (before you get a flat) is the gasstation between goodsprings and primm. Loads of boxes and crates, and a fast-travel point right outside.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GhostBoy posted:

There is also a safe in Goodsprings that an early quest sends you. I can't recall ever having the game lose stuff I put in there. My goto place to stack things that get too heavy (before you get a flat) is the gasstation between goodsprings and primm. Loads of boxes and crates, and a fast-travel point right outside.

Just keep in mind that, like all Bethesda Gamebryo games, anything dropped in a place that isn't flagged as your home might vanish. It doesn't seem to happen often in NV, though.

Also, once you've completed Old World Blues, The Sink becomes a great base of operations. It has a whole bunch of handy devices, several containers, and you can zap there from anywhere.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Gynovore posted:

Just keep in mind that, like all Bethesda Gamebryo games, anything dropped in a place that isn't flagged as your home might vanish. It doesn't seem to happen often in NV, though.

I don't think I've ever had anything disappear out of random containers in NV. Maybe it happened and I didn't notice, but even then it couldn't have been important stuff disappearing :v:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
The reset time in New Vegas is pretty long, if you regularly travel back to your storage spot you might be able to keep resetting the timer and keep your stuff safe, but you're best off just nabbing a home somewhere you can fast travel (or install a mod that adds a fast travel marker right next to one)

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just got Tales of Xillia and haven't played a Tales game since the 2D days. Anything I should know?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

bokealoke posted:

One thing I'd recommend after playing through is to definately pick up the Typhoon ability, solely because the boss fights are frustrating and unfun, especially if you've been focusing on stealth, so being able to just skip them via Typhoon spam is a nice bonus. You can still get by them without it though, so I'd prioritize the speech etc upgrades.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
The first boss can be stunlocked with the stun gun, so if you're going to go for typhoon spam it might be worth waiting until after you beat him.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Razakai posted:

One thing I'd recommend after playing through is to definately pick up the Typhoon ability, solely because the boss fights are frustrating and unfun, especially if you've been focusing on stealth, so being able to just skip them via Typhoon spam is a nice bonus. You can still get by them without it though, so I'd prioritize the speech etc upgrades.

Don't forget to buy Typhoon ammo at LIMB.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I just got Tales of Xillia and haven't played a Tales game since the 2D days. Anything I should know?

I will also be receiving Tales of Xillia shortly, but unlike Renoistic I HAVE played Vesperia, Graces F, Symphonia, and The Abyss.

So any general tips would be much appreciated.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Captain Novolin posted:

The first boss can be stunlocked with the stun gun, so if you're going to go for typhoon spam it might be worth waiting until after you beat him.

And if you're so inclined, you can actually defeat him with only it, though it takes for-loving-ever.

Stretch Panic
  • You have to finish the sisters off with the Scarf Bomb. This is sort of mentioned in the manual, but isn't necessarily obvious until you reach the end having beat them with regular attacks and realize that you have to re-do all the fights. Remember that the Scarf Bomb uses points and you have to hold the sister until it "detonates!"

• Yes, those are what you think they are. There's even a plot reason for their existence.

Final Fantasy Chronicles: My Life as a King
  • Your adventurers are stupid

• YOU CANNOT FIRE ADVENTURERS. Once they're on the roster, you're stuck with them. Don't shell out for the three new races DLC and end up unable to hire them because you've hired too many Clavat.

• The adventurer shops' shopkeepers are clever guys. If you build your adventurer shops (Weapons, Armor, and Items) too far from the action (your behest boards and the adventurers' homes), they'll start inventing crazy poo poo to try and drum up business. THIS IS BAD. All the "X" (experimental) weapons and armor boost one stat and detract from another, and it's random. The minute you let Leroy craft a set of staffs that give +10 to Dexterity and -10 to Willpower is the minute all your loving White Mages will decide they need new weapons. It's easier to minimize the risk of this happening by building your adventurer shops close to the rest of your stuff.

• When you choose to demolish a building, remember that it isn't immediate. It will be gone when you wake up the next day.

• Don't demolish too many adventurers' homes at once. See, they go shack up in the castle when you bulldoze their homes, and sometimes the game bugs out and they find themselves a bit too comfortable living in the opulent royal quarters and refuse to move when you rebuild their home. When it's necessary to demolish homes, I do it one at a time and verify that the squatters have moved before continuing.

• The game is sort of laggy when you have lots of stuff built. Playing with your display set to standard definition seems to help this a bit (and looks better if you ask me), but expect things to slow down once you start running out of room to build things. If you've got a lot of big stuff right on the main drag (alongside the main path from the castle), it'll be especially slow.

• Don't just run to your behest boards and send everyone out at once through the menu accessed by pushing A in front of it (you did know you could do that, right?). See who wants to go and who doesn't first. Green and orange icons in their speech bubbles means they're good to go, and the sad blue face means they're big loving babies who need to go rest for the day.

• If you post a high-level behest and only a couple people show up for it, don't freak out--everyone else is out leveling up. Once in a while, you'll get some reckless dumbass who wants to take on a level 28 dungeon at level 2, so pay attention to who's asking to go and send them to grind if they're not up to snuff.

• Thieves are great at finding shortcuts, but this isn't always preferable. There are a couple dungeons where in order to increase your exploration rate your dudes actually need to get lost. In those rare cases, having a thief go with them will just hinder your progress.

• When you upgrade the stocks at adventurer shops, only the best equipment is listed. Don't worry, they still sell all the lower level stuff, you just can't see it for some reason.

• Materials quests (go get magicite/sword metal/armor plating, etc) are loving tough. Yes, the material you're after is in a level 4 dungeon, but expect your level 20 dudes to have a hell of a time getting to it. They'll manage it eventually, though.

• The plot at times communicates some urgency ("Ohmygod, the enemy is at our doorstep! We must do something!"), but you can take as long as you like with things. I've played the hell out of this game and haven't come across any limit on the number of days you can play.

• Refer to my first point. There's no way of knowing what order they'll visit shops in, but they'll visit all of them before they leave town (including their own class-specific buildings like the Gaming Hall for Thieves, etc), so keep that in mind when you're building or you'll spend all day watching your little dudes run back and forth across town checking all the shops. I put them all in a line right by the most commonly-used exit, so at least they're near the door when they get done. It doesn't take them long to do their business in a dungeon but they have to actually leave town before you go to bed!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Kruller posted:

Anything for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion?

Still waiting on this.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Centipeed posted:

I will also be receiving Tales of Xillia shortly, but unlike Renoistic I HAVE played Vesperia, Graces F, Symphonia, and The Abyss.

So any general tips would be much appreciated.
I'm in the same place Centipeed is, and only a couple hours in, so here's what I've heard and experienced so far.

From what I hear from people who've played the Japanese version, playing as Jude is a more typical Tales game experience, while playing as Milla gives you a darker, slightly less conventional story. (They even have different music; Jude's music is Generic Tales Guitar and Milla's is all violin-based.) They recommended playing as Jude first, since he gets a more complete picture of the plot, and saving Milla for a second playthrough.

The sphere grid crystarium lilium orb looks intimidating at first, but you get to unlock 3-4 nodes every level, so it doesn't seem super stressful so far. I've just been beelining for artes that I want and then filling out the rings so I can get skills and stat bonuses.

It's apparently way better than Vesperia vis-a-vis missable stuff, just make sure you do sidequests rather than putting them off forever.

You can most likely just play as Jude and do great, but I've been having a blast switching between party members and figuring out who has linked artes with whom. It's closer to Graces F than Vesperia in this regard, as everyone has a really fun playstyle and you don't have Genis/Raine type characters who are totally unfun to play. Milla is the traditional Tales elemental caster, for instance, but all of her spells require holding down the button, and just tapping it gives you an elemental close-range arte instead.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Started replaying Fallout 3. I beat it once, but never liked it because of it's ugly pallete and it's boring gameplay.

Can someone tell me how to get easy levels early in the game and how to find some decent weapons/armor? I'm getting sick of dying so much. I never had this problem in Skyrim, but I just don't know what to do first in this game because there's no direction. I'm in the middle of Wasteland Survival Guide, but it's not giving me much experience.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Squirtle Squadee posted:

Can someone tell me how to get easy levels early in the game and how to find some decent weapons/armor?

What kind of character are you playing as? Cause if you're using guns the hunting rifle is pretty solid as it's got plentiful ammo, it's easy to repair and does fairly high damage, especially with sneak attacks. Armor's not really a big deal since you shouldn't be getting hit that much since you can move to cover and the like. Also you can just chug stimpacks. Gain levels by doing quests. If you're not doing the bonus objectives for the survival guide then you should and if you're sick of that then go explore or find your dad.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I'm using guns. I had the idea of being a stealth character when I first started, which is what I focused on when picking my SPECIAL, but I don't really know how to sneak. Every time I crouch and move, I always get caught.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Don't run when crouching. Walk instead. Or even better, just stay still and hope they shrug and turn around in time.

What comes to guns, there's an ordinary assault rifle in the caved mining tunnel beneath Springvale School, the beginner dungeon. There should also be a Chinese AK in the kid's house in Grayditch. You can also deactivate tripgun traps for tons of combat shotguns.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Squirtle Squadee posted:

I'm using guns. I had the idea of being a stealth character when I first started, which is what I focused on when picking my SPECIAL, but I don't really know how to sneak. Every time I crouch and move, I always get caught.

I might actually be an idiot. I do have vague memories of stealth being kind of useless apart at low levels in Fallout 3, and I might be confusing it with New Vegas where it was just great all the time. I might be wrong though. I am pretty certain however that the hunting rifle is great though since I finished the game with it! You can get it behind the school, in the fenced off area with the electrical tower.

Edit: Also make sure your pip light is turned off when sneaking since it makes it easier for dudes to see you. Scamtank is also right about walking slowly too.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Anything for Spelunky?

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

I just bought Deadpool and Lego City: Undercover. Anything I should know before I pop them in?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

blackguy32 posted:

Anything for Spelunky?
If you can, always have something to throw. You can avoid a lot of otherwise dangerous things that way, arrow traps especially.

By crawling over a ledge, you'll hang down over it. This lets you get into pits of spikes one 'block' below you.

The key in the caves is the best throwing weapon, because it doesn't damage you on the bounce-back, unlike every other reusable throwing weapon. (Rocks, etc.) Incidentally, this is also true of damsel corpses, though you can't throw them as far.

Don't bother with the teleporter, unless you're willing to dedicate several lives to learning exactly how it works. Once you get a feel for it, it's pretty neat, but you'll kill yourself many times getting to that point.

Spoiler for shopkeeper cheesing: If you steal from him, he'll only be mad for one more level, but if at any point one dies, they'll be after you forever.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Squirtle Squadee posted:

Started replaying Fallout 3. I beat it once, but never liked it because of it's ugly pallete and it's boring gameplay.

Can someone tell me how to get easy levels early in the game and how to find some decent weapons/armor?

Don't worry about levelling, the game practically gives you XP for wiping your rear end. Just stay away from the DC ruins before level 10, and avoid the extreme West (Deathclaws) until level ~16.

Do the Replicated Man quest for a sweet Plasma Rifle in 100% condition. If you have the DLC, Operation Anchorage rewards you with a suit of power armor that totally breaks the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SnipeShow posted:

I just bought... Lego City: Undercover. Anything I should know before I pop them in?

Take some time to wander around each town and explore. Chances are you'll run into something that nets you a fancy new disguise or super bricks.

There's several Red Bricks worth hunting down that unlock the ability to scan for disguises, red bricks and super bricks at a distance with the gamepad.

Any mission with a super build will always give you enough super bricks to complete it. Just look around for things you can interact with, or places you haven't been through/destroyed everything.

Destroy EVERYTHING you can in Special Assignment. You never know what will be part of a badge piece goal or be used to rebuild into something else.

If you come across a door or device that says you lack the disguise needed in a Special Assignment, just leave it and go on. You can replay ones you've completed from the map and it's the only way to get the gdisguises/red bricks/badge piece tasks they usually block off.

Daedo
May 5, 2002
For the guy asking about Deadpool, here's something that was posted on the last page.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Since I saw nothing for Deadpool here, I decided to make a few:

1) If you're looking for an introduction to the character, the setting or the general writing style, this probably won't be for you. For a good primer, look up 'Wade Wilson's War' or 'Deadpool Classic' trades to get used to the character. If you like him, dive right in. If not, save the cash.

2) Learn how to mix your playstyle. Don't stick exclusively with guns or melee, as the game usually forces scenarios onto you demanding one or the other. Melee exclusives will get shredded by cover fire that keeps them from regenerating and shooters will be flanked constantly, which keeps you from shooting. So mix it up.

3) Only get enough kills with the sai to unlock it's expanded move set. Don't boost the damage. The game's combo system works on how many hits you get and how many kills you get, with a certain number of points attributed to each type of enemy per kill. The Hammers give a bonus +50% to kill points when upgraded, while the other weapons only give +20% at max. So, for large combo gains, max out your hammers, thin out the enemies until one or two remain, then use the sai to rack up a large combo (x150 is fairly easy to achieve) for extra points. If you max out your sai, then it kills off the enemies before your combo can build.

4) In this regard, treat the SMG the same as the sai. Never boost its attack power. You can boost its other attributes, but keep the damage low to rack up combo points, then use another weapon for the kill for more kill points.

5) When given the prompt 'Press A to 'Who the f**K is Cable?!'', you had better press A

6) Your teleport on default sends you in the direction you are facing, but it can be aimed by using the left stick to a point relative to the camera (So if Deadpool is facing left, and you press up+b, he will warp to his right, which is up on your screen), even in the middle of a combo. So if you are fighting an enemy with a long straight attack, a wide area attack or if you want to warp into a crowd before using one of your momentum attacks, the teleport is great. It also has a half second of total invulnerability, which helps out with enemies with powerful attacks.

I've played through the game a couple of days ago and all this advice is pretty sound. The only thing I will say is that after boosting your combo meter with the sais, you're better using your original swords to finish them off as they have an upgrade that will give you a 100% boost to FTP points given. You'll be swimming in upgrades in no time.

Daedo fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 11, 2013

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fallout 3

Gynovore posted:

If you have the DLC, Operation Anchorage rewards you with a suit of power armor that totally breaks the game.

It also breaks the You Gotta Shoot Them In The Head quest when you pick it up. So do that quest first or avoid talking to Mister Crowley in the Underworld until after the DLC.

Operation Anchorage will also give you the Chinese Stealth Suit, which is armour with a permanent mini-Stealth Boy. It does an even better job at breaking the game because of the sneak attacks.

The best hunting rifle you can find is probably Lincoln's Repeater, which can be found in the Museum of History. It's in the middle of DC, but if you're doing the Galaxy News Radio quest you are in the neighborhood anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mierenneuker posted:

The best hunting rifle you can find is probably Lincoln's Repeater, which can be found in the Museum of History. It's in the middle of DC, but if you're doing the Galaxy News Radio quest you are in the neighborhood anyway.

The important thing to note with Lincoln's Repeater is that it doesn't use the standard rifle rounds - it uses 44. magnum rounds. Shoot someone in the head with it and they're going down a few hat sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Sleepy Dogs seems simple enough But is there anything I should know before I start???

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 11, 2013