Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Reiche posted:

I think that's why I took to reading this so quickly now that I think about it what with the scribbles mixed with random panels of very well done drawings.

It's certainly a quirky style, but it works pretty well. The comparison in the redraw thread really sells this art short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Man Saitama has no time for your undetermined bullshit garou, get your act together and come back.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Law Cheetah posted:

I wonder how Saitama's previous opponents would stack up against the S-Class heroes. Going all the way back to Asura Rhino, even. The Rhino beat up Genos, but that was before his upgrade.

I am fairly sure Asura Rhino was actually stronger than the Sea King. Unlike the Sea King, he actually noticed how strong Saitama was, well before it was too late. Unlike the Sea King, Genos couldn't lay a finger on Asura Rhino. Unlike the Sea King, Saitama wasn't late to fighting Asura Rhino, so we didn't get to see Asura Rhino in action against various other heroes first, but going off of what we did see, he was at least on par with the Sea King, and probably stronger.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No way won't Saitama won't be at least A-class after this, if not S-class.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Goddamn. Even with the crappy art, the last couple chapters have looked amazing. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will look once Murata has a go.

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004

RatHat posted:

No way won't Saitama won't be at least A-class after this, if not S-class.

I would prefer an A-Class promotion just to see the eventual conflict between Saitama and Handsome face man

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Goddamn. Even with the crappy art, the last couple chapters have looked amazing. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will look once Murata has a go.

Too bad it will take about 4 years or so.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

gnome7 posted:

I am fairly sure Asura Rhino was actually stronger than the Sea King. Unlike the Sea King, he actually noticed how strong Saitama was, well before it was too late. Unlike the Sea King, Genos couldn't lay a finger on Asura Rhino. Unlike the Sea King, Saitama wasn't late to fighting Asura Rhino, so we didn't get to see Asura Rhino in action against various other heroes first, but going off of what we did see, he was at least on par with the Sea King, and probably stronger.

Genos isn't a good measuring stick since he got upgrades between the two fights, and we don't really know what the did for him. I do agree that they're probably on par, with Rhino being stronger than Sea King dehydrated.

This may be my favorite fight ever. I mean, it's pretty great from fight perspective alone, but I love that Saitama would screaming inane moral platitudes, "The power of my (friendship/love/hope/family/justice) is greater than your (solitude/hatred/despair/loneliness/evil) so that's why I can win," right back at Garou as the edge in the fight fluctuated between them in a normal manga. I loving hate when fights in anime and manga do that, so for Garou to keep trying to do that while Saitama just shits all over it is unbelievably satisfying.

"My evil is the greatest power! Your justice is the real evi-" *smack* "What the gently caress does that even mean? You don't even know what you're doing here, do you?" Amazing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

gnome7 posted:

Genos has had some upgrades but, He was able to go 1 on 1 with the sea king and might have been able to win if he had kept his guard up and didn't get an arm ripped off like a dumbass, Asura rhino he couldn't even TOUCH.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
So is Garou is done with his temper tantrum now?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
After that battle, that "SHUT THE gently caress UP!" literally scared me. Please don't kill me Saitamaman.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Who is that at the end?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Zombieman maybe? It's mentioned he was watching.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
my guess is sweet mask

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Probably Sweetmask. Guy takes no prisoners.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I was hoping it was zombieman's professor who realized Saitama took off his limiter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

I was hoping it was zombieman's professor who realized Saitama took off his limiter.

The head of the house of evolution whom Saitama crushed the evil out of by one punching Asura Rhino.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Who is that at the end?

That depends on who he wants dead. Saitama's a scary dude, after all.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

PaganGoatPants posted:

Who is that at the end?

I was guessing Silverfang? He already knows of Saitama's power so don't have to worry about that, and he knew of Garou's potential to get stronger and stronger.

I loved that Saitama basically threw the whole facility up into the atmosphere, and that Garou has a ton of S class heroes techniques, and Saitama still doesn't have to go serious mode.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

onepixeljumpman posted:

That depends on who he wants dead. Saitama's a scary dude, after all.

It is sweetmask, the hair gives it away.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Adelheid posted:

It's certainly a quirky style, but it works pretty well. The comparison in the redraw thread really sells this art short.

I picked the most half-assed cut I could find on short notice to make the comparison more humorous. I'm quite aware of ONE being a capable artist but I figured the original would never get translated.

Anyway, grats on getting caught up, thread! Now you can wait in tortured anticipation right along with the Japanese for the next chapter. :v:

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
ONE just added several more panels to the end of the chapter.

Cody Banks fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 10, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's more than a few.

So that was Sweetmask yelling at the end of the chapter, and at least Zombieman and Child Emperor are also up.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Cody Banks posted:

ONE just added several more panels to the end of the chapter.

I can't wait for this rant to get translated.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

zerosix posted:

I can't wait for this rant to get translated.

It's up on Batoto

Finally someone asked him this question. The tank top bros almost got to this point but didn't follow through.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Good news, then!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/186797/onepunch-man-original_ch92_by_anonymous

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So does this mean another transformation is coming up?

It looked like his energy escaped him from the hole in his face though, I would be surprised if he managed to level up again.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bisse posted:

So does this mean another transformation is coming up?

It looked like his energy escaped him from the hole in his face though, I would be surprised if he managed to level up again.

Yes, Saitama pulls him out of the paper maiche suit he is wearing made out of his own blood, piss and sweat plus random debris from getting slapped all around, and probably yells at him to keep the drat noise down.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
saitama's gonna freak once he figures out his place is completely destroyed.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Lamebot posted:

saitama's gonna freak once he figures out his place is completely destroyed.

Were lucky Saitama thought Garou would give him a good fight, or Earth would be gone by now. :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Favorite panel from ch. 92

I'm not saying the world will be saved by absolute evil but...absolute evil

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
So basically Garou is Ozymandias with brawn instead of brains.

I'm dying to know Saitama's response.

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004

Cody Banks posted:

I'm dying to know Saitama's response.

Given Saitama annoyance towards monologues that are greater than 10 words...

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
That would be a pretty good Saitama response. "You talk too much! Say it in one sentence, 10 words or less!" Or maybe he will just go back to saying "What are you talking about? Just apologies for making so much noise at night."

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"Who said I was hero?"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't wait to see Saitama to finish pulling this kid up by his britches.

Garou is such an inconsiderate neighbor.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
So recently ONE put up another poll for folks' favourite characters, and he proceeded to draw the entire results out over a four-webpage fiesta.

Apparently he must've included a 'others' option in there, because I sure don't remember Penisman.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reallycoolname posted:

So recently ONE put up another poll for folks' favourite characters, and he proceeded to draw the entire results out over a four-webpage fiesta.

Apparently he must've included a 'others' option in there, because I sure don't remember Penisman.

The sperm monster came in 5th, above Genos (9th). :wtf:

I have absolutely no complaints about the top three characters, though.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 24, 2013

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Wait, where does fat Saitama show up?

EDIT: Cabbage or something is more popular than a full page and a half of characters. I literally cannot stop laughing.

Coffee Mugshot fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Wait, where does fat Saitama show up?

EDIT: Cabbage or something is more popular than a full page and a half of characters. I literally cannot stop laughing.

Cabbage is no match for UFO debris rock... As is most of the S rank heroes. King and prisoner being up there was a no brainer though.