Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Yoiko recently popped up in a commercial in Japan for the Streetpass DLC game, Warriors Way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGNDlUAG114

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Wow, Hamaguchi's Mii is probably the most accurate I've ever seen. Seriously, that thing is perfect.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I have to give it to the staff; all the original songs from the soundtrack are really good. They are by far the best part of the soundtrack (especially when there's no tama-ge theme, dangit!)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Lik posted:

Oh snap, went back to CDJapan to check and they had one copy left with trading card. Excellent!

Actually, I think the counter is broken, because they had just one copy left when I bought mine on the 6th, and it's still sitting at 1 now.

I'll have to see what I get when mine shows up today - it already arrived in Germany, so it should show up on time. FedEx sure is snappy.

EDIT: Just got my copy, and it came with the Arino trading card.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 8, 2013

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The raw to the new GCCX raw is up on Nyaa torrents. New episode raws sure are getting uploaded online quicker these days. Anyone watching the extended live footage from the 2 recent live challenges that are airing in Japan now?

GCCX #165 Dragon Ball Z: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=461059

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

I liked the new episode, it's been a while since he's challenged a fighting game. Plus, "Yoga Fire!" for a Kamehameha, I laughed. Also, the first staff battles in a long time, and suddenly, Nakayama out of nowhere.

I'm watching the final version of the Megaman 2 challenge right now, and if it doesn't violate any rules, I'd be glad to post the results of the final ending. Is that okay?

I don't think the SMB battle will have any new footage outside of the previously aired CS version that had the action happening between the commercials of the original broadcast. Also, Producer Kan's Twitter didn't tease anything for it, but he did kind of say "Who knows what the new 10 minutes of the Megaman 2 challenge will contain?"

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Oh dear, there's new footage? I had no idea. Are they going to re-air the ones with new footage later?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

In the just-aired extended version of the Famicon 30th Anniversary Challenge against Megaman 2, in the extra 10 minutes, Arino was able to beat Dr.Wily, a revenge waiting eight years in the making!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

aers posted:

Oh dear, there's new footage? I had no idea. Are they going to re-air the ones with new footage later?

Just ended now.

Edit - That is, the extended version with the extra 10 minutes just ended a little while ago.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 8, 2013

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

In the just-aired extended version of the Famicon 30th Anniversary Challenge against Megaman 2, in the extra 10 minutes, Arino was able to beat Dr.Wily, a revenge waiting eight years in the making!

This contains spoilers for the whole RAW of the episode:

I'm glad he finally beat the game. Although I had a feeling he would've, they just ran out of time the first time. I know many people are frustrated because Arino is so inept with Megaman games. Even I was pulling my hair when he deemed Quick boomerang the best weapon to use against Bubbleman. But it was still very, very, entertaining to watch, hopefully we can get it subbed in the not too distant future.

Lik
Apr 8, 2013

Kachou ON!

TheMcD posted:

Actually, I think the counter is broken, because they had just one copy left when I bought mine on the 6th, and it's still sitting at 1 now.

I'll have to see what I get when mine shows up today - it already arrived in Germany, so it should show up on time. FedEx sure is snappy.

EDIT: Just got my copy, and it came with the Arino trading card.

It worked. They had one copy without the First Press when I originally checked. But after a day they had it in stock again with First Press. After I bought it, the First Press was gone and reverted back to one copy without a card. But I'll know when it gets here.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lik posted:

It worked. They had one copy without the First Press when I originally checked. But after a day they had it in stock again with First Press. After I bought it, the First Press was gone and reverted back to one copy without a card. But I'll know when it gets here.

Mine had a sticker on the outside pointing out (in Japanese) that there was a card inside.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

birdlaw posted:

Wow, Hamaguchi's Mii is probably the most accurate I've ever seen. Seriously, that thing is perfect.

If you have a JP 3DS you can grab his Mii via Spotpass, they're sending it out now. I think it's one of those Miis that doesn't let you export a QR code, though, so the rest of us are probably boned.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

joek0 posted:

The raw to the new GCCX raw is up on Nyaa torrents. New episode raws sure are getting uploaded online quicker these days. Anyone watching the extended live footage from the 2 recent live challenges that are airing in Japan now?

GCCX #165 Dragon Ball Z: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=461059
Thank you for posting this. :) It's amazing that they had Arino challenge a fighting game again since that seems to be one of his weakest genres outside of SHUMPs, but it still made for an entertaining episode (even though I know very little Japanese and yet somehow still remember enough about DBZ despite not seeing an entire episode in years to know what was going on in the game's story mode).

Also, if I could, I would vote that Arino does more silly faces during the "KACHO ON!"

(I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler :ohdear:)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So he was losing the game, then he ates his spinitch and kicked it rear end?

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

That bit had already been shown on the eshop digest version of the episode, for the record.

Also, for those of you with Japanese 3DSes, guess who just got distributed as a special Mii!
Hamaguchi, not Arino... but still cool

Adamant fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 9, 2013

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Man, my 3DS was off and I missed it.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Hey guys, what would be a good episode from the DVD to show someone who's never seen GCCX before? My aunt got the DVD for my birthday, and we're probably going to watch it together. :3:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

NuclearPotato posted:

Hey guys, what would be a good episode from the DVD to show someone who's never seen GCCX before? My aunt got the DVD for my birthday, and we're probably going to watch it together. :3:
If she likes video games, Ninja Gaiden. If not, probably Battle Golfer Yui.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Adamant posted:

That bit had already been shown on the eshop digest version of the episode, for the record.

Also, for those of you with Japanese 3DSes, guess who just got distributed as a special Mii!
Hamaguchi, not Arino... but still cool

The only Nintendo system I have at the moment is a Super Famicon, so I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

NuclearPotato posted:

I like SOS a lot, but maybe it's best for people who have suffered at a game's controls. A lot good humor there though, in my opinion.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

NuclearPotato posted:

53 Stations of the Tokaido. It's a great episode to show off the charm of the show without the video game taking too much center stage.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Ok, thanks! Probably looks like it's going to be either 53 Stations, or Battle Golfer Yui.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'd say 53 stations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Even though Yui is my favorite episode, I feel like showing it off first would eliminate the catharsis from watching him actually succeed very well at a game. 53 Stations is probably better.

Kirall
May 5, 2008
Is it just me or does the boss music in Mendel Palace sound suspiciously similar to the rival theme in Pokemon Red/Blue? They were made by the same guy, too. :tinfoil:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Kirall posted:

Is it just me or does the boss music in Mendel Palace sound suspiciously similar to the rival theme in Pokemon Red/Blue? They were made by the same guy, too. :tinfoil:

I noticed that too. The very beginning is almost identical.

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Drop in a token, look at a duck
Well, I'll be. Look what showed up on my door this morning.

Anyone know how to tell if this sucker is legitimate or a bootleg (I assume someone, somewhere is bootlegging the Kachou)? It looks pretty authentic to me.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

It's legit

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/366397136713162752

"Today's end of twitter."

Aw drat, man.

e: Nope, I read that wrong. Sorry for the false alarm.

Stiev Awt fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 11, 2013

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Whaaaaat. Arino what are you doing :smith:

e: Re-reading, optimistically he's not tweeting anymore for the rest of the day.

e: beaten :(

versus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 11, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

There's gotta be some kind of miscommunication. No way he would stop tweeting

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

bpc908 posted:

There's gotta be some kind of miscommunication. No way he would stop tweeting

That says "I'm done tweeting for the day". He's not quitting Twitter.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Whoops, my bad.

Lik
Apr 8, 2013

Kachou ON!

Joshuadel posted:

Well, I'll be. Look what showed up on my door this morning.

Anyone know how to tell if this sucker is legitimate or a bootleg (I assume someone, somewhere is bootlegging the Kachou)? It looks pretty authentic to me.

AH, where did you get that? I can't find it anywhere...

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Kirall posted:

Yeah, I occasionally thought about the music being similar to some Pokemon theme. Couldn't put my finger on it, but I guess it's the rival theme.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

NarbYehoot posted:

https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/366397136713162752

"Today's end of twitter."

Aw drat, man.

e: Nope, I read that wrong. Sorry for the false alarm.

I laughed when that popped up in my feed, because in a previous message he said "Hello", so I read it as

"Hello"
"Done with Twitter for the day"

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Kirall posted:

Nope, I heard it too. :)

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

So guys, the hint for the next game is "4 letters of the alphabet".

Dare we hope for...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's Doom. Book it.