Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

"Sequester"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always

Elendil004 posted:

"Sequester"

"Get Out"

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Elendil004 posted:

"Sequester"

:frogout:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

"Sequester"
:getout:

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

Elendil004 posted:

"Sequester"

:getin:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

"Sequester"

You're cool

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
military pictures

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rAHrHd2lcw

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.

We did this already. Ugh.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Unsurprisingly the comments turned into bickering over who would win, the US or Russia.

It is kind of weird though how it seems like all Russian videos about their military have their troops doing front flips and throwing tomahawks while flipping through the air.

How well trained is the Russian military these days anyway? How well did they do in Georgia?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Probably late on knowing what a cinemagraph is here. It's basically a still picture with a few moving elements. Not like a gif that loops a clip. Anyway, came across one someone did with a scene from Jarhead.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

How well trained is the Russian military these days anyway? How well did they do in Georgia?

Pretty sure they kicked the poo poo outta Georgia, even if they're mostly a bunch of drunk conscripts.

e: guys about to get their poo poo kicked

Kung Fu Fist Fuck fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 8, 2013

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

I dont think so tim (lil home improvement for ya :D)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:allears:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ghost bones posted:

I dont think so tim (lil home improvement for ya :D)

Such bullshit that that wouldn't happen in today's USAF.

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

holocaust bloopers posted:

Such bullshit that that wouldn't happen in today's USAF.

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "gently caress" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

i like this quote hehe

i guess today instead of obscene they'd say UNPROFESSIONAL~

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Goddamn it I was just reading that closed film script thread where you posted that exact same thing you loving hack :argh:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Pretty sure they kicked the poo poo outta Georgia, even if they're mostly a bunch of drunk conscripts.

e: guys about to get their poo poo kicked

Seems like every picture of Eastern European soldiers never wear body armor like US troops. Is body armor a rare thing for non western militarys?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Isn't body armor (other than helmets, of course) a very recent, like late 90s thing even here? I don't remember Desert Storm guys being Robocopped up.

I imagine for non-Western militaries it's partially a cost thing, partially that you can't fit in a BTR with all that crap on, and partially that having a bunch of conscripts killed has a significantly different propaganda effect than in US / Western Euro.

I seem to remember the Georgian invasion going unexpectedly poorly. Despite the overwhelming advantages of surprise and numbers, the Russians should have steamrolled the Georgians effortlessly, but they had several embarassing fuckups, including losing a Backfire, and their logistics for a war practically in their own armpit had all sorts of trouble. It seemed to have a cooling effect on some aggressive ambitions by showing the Russian military wasn't in the shape they wanted it to be.

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 8, 2013

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Korean-era photo with flak vest

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know Cotton from King of the Hill was a real dude. He lost his shins but he's still carrying that ammo like a champ.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Mustang posted:

I posted this a while back but it still fits:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Sukhoi-Su-25/2235678/L/&sid=d1dcdbd2d7f3f9b5e554b3ad8b5e5382

They also have an enormous problem with hazing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedovshchina

To put it more bluntly: with some of the things I read in GiP, I do wonder how the US Military ever manages to get anything done. With the Russians, I suspect it's a miracle they manage to survive on a daily basis. Imagine if you had a military populated entirely by the contents of the Idiots thread, with a side of Mafioso. That's Russia.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 8, 2013

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

Bet that dude got called a pussy all the time.

Sick flak, bruh.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Are they painting planes with house paint? :wtc:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Mortabis posted:

Are they painting planes with house paint? :wtc:

I suspect they're using this:

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
In the US do you get any Testosterone supplements for recovery?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GateheaD posted:

In the US do you get any Testosterone supplements for recovery?

I do believe you have the wrong thread.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004
I would give everything I own for this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/mbachelard/status/365624497665101824

:stare:

The Indonesian Kapitan Patimura class corvette KRI Nuku at port earlier this month.

It was originally an East German Parchim class corvette until reunification hit and Germany sold them.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
That doesn't look bad for its age, just overdue for some drydock TLC. Boats look like rear end really quick, especially in tropical waters. I don't know why the guy is calling an older corvette the 'pride of the fleet', they've got much newer and fancier stuff.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh ok. Never mind.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Yeah, check out the newest toy of the Indonesian Navy

Unfortunately, not even a month after it was launched:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Can't even see the PT belt lol. Please tell me there was a formation like a half mile ahead of her.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

They're somewhere else probably doing circles while she catches up

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Fragrag posted:

Yeah, check out the newest toy of the Indonesian Navy

Unfortunately, not even a month after it was launched:

Bwahahahaha, how did I not hear about this? More story here for anyone interested: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/09/28/navy-vessel-catches-fire-banyuwangi.html

Jakarta Post posted:

Indonesian Eastern Fleet (Armatim) spokesman Lt. Col. Marine Yayan Sugiana told The Jakarta Post that the vessel was undergoing maintenance by its builder, PT Lundin Industry. “The vessel had yet to be officially handed over to the Navy. It was still undergoing maintenance checks by PT Lundin Industry,” he said.
Translation: one of the shipyard workers wanted to go home early and lit a trash can on fire. I like how they just call it "severely damaged".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

grover posted:

Bwahahahaha, how did I not hear about this? More story here for anyone interested: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/09/28/navy-vessel-catches-fire-banyuwangi.html
Translation: one of the shipyard workers wanted to go home early and lit a trash can on fire. I like how they just call it "severely damaged".

I'm noticing a trend with shipyard workers wanting to leave early/not work that day, and starting fires. Is this covered in a trade school somewhere?

• Locked thread