Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Let's try waking up and talking to the book next.

Also, I'm voting we pour the green cup's contents into the white cup.

Sorry for breaking the angel statue, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Okay, now wake up the other statue, the one of the lizard, and see if it can talk too. :v:

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
C: Take the necklace and put it on.
N: Leave our necklace where the other one was.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
These statues are harmless idiots, like monkey. Prod the red lizard with the butt of our spear, maybe it knows something fun.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Puella Magissima posted:

C: Take the necklace and put it on.
N: Leave our necklace where the other one was.

I keep forgetting about our necklace.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thank the statue and give it a hug. Tell the statue that it has been very helpful and kind, and that it is very beautiful.

It's too bad we never asked the statues name.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

RandomPauI posted:

Thank the statue and give it a hug. Tell the statue that it has been very helpful and kind, and that it is very beautiful.

Nah, we pretty much know its name.

It's "Iunno."

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
His name is Art!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
"Thank you mister statue, sir! If it helps, I think you are really pretty!"

Yeah, so lets grab the pipe and leave our necklace and Poke the lizard awake.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
gently caress the pipe. Take the fuelless flame. Infinite energy source!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the flame is just a source of illumination, since it doesn't feel hot.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
gently caress the pipe, either take the book or the cup with water in it. Replace with our necklace

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Take the statue.

C'mon, it's a font of knowledge to bring to bear in our future adventures. Just think of all the things it could tell us that it doesn't know about! What's the weakness of that giant lizard? I dunno. What can I do to hide from Asherah in the ocean? I dunno. The possibilities are boundless!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
"I think art is something that's just for looking at. But before I came here, no one was around to look at you. And now that you're talking to me, you're more than art! You're my new friend! New friends get names so your name will be I'du No.

Let's go on an adventure, I'du No!"

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Take the shark tooth, leave your necklace behind. We need to replace the evil one we lost, and maybe this one is a good one.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Hug that statue like our lives depended on it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hug that statue like our lives depended on it.

Because they do!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The statue continues to be in deep thought and is unresponsive to you.

The greatly beautiful music continues to play from no apparent source. The treasure still lays before you. Danal is still sleeping on the floor with Monkey, the forest is still distant and blurry and you still feel a vague suggestion to be happy, to sing and to dance.

You wish to...

We update tonight. We are still on the same options from the last round of voting, minus asking one of the statue questions. In addition to the write in options, which have plenty of support:

I will do a full count tonight but taking the flute looks like it is currently winning.

quote:

You also decide that...
A. You are afraid of getting in trouble for sneaking out! Grab Danal and sneak back to your camp.

B. You want the Adults to take over. Go back and tell them what you found
C. TREASURE! Your people have a very vague sense of property ownership and you don't truly own anything, but you know from your mothers stories that treasure is highly desirable! Take one or more some or all of the items and go back to camp. Specify what you take.

D. You are afraid you are in danger. Grab Danal and run.

E. You are not afraid but you are being cautious. Take Danal to the edge of the structure, then return to the platform.

D. Speak to the open air. Specify what.

F. Speak to the stars.

G. Sing, dance and be happy.

H. Go to sleep, right here and now. It is safe.

I. Just as your people make offerings of fish to their gods, you know that your mothers people offer animals as offerings to the Sky Giants. Sacrafice the sleeping Monkey as an offering. To who or what?

J. You are a deranged rear end in a top hat who still wants to murder your best and only friend, a young child no less, who trusts you implicitly, loves you and is sleeping at this moment. Sacrafice him to Asherah to take revenge on the murder of your father, to defile this place and sanctify it to Asherah. You monster.

K. Experiment with or test one of the items somehow. Specify which and how.

L. Something else.

Only people who voted C
If you decided to take one or more of the items, do you leave anything or say anything or do anything? Consider this a C+ option.

M. No.
N. Yes. Specify what.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Voting G Why turn down good feelings?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
L Before taking anything offer a prayer of thanks and appreciation to the artist.

Then C I would still go with the flute. It is small and we know how to use it in a basic way. This place is infused with music. I like leaving the necklace in exchange.

I don't want to vandalize the place, but we might consider picking something for Danal.

I was thinking the art might represent something about the infinite: the flame, maybe the water cup refills, maybe the little golden spheres are edible and replenish, etc. I admit I am tempted by the bow. We could always leave the spear if we think we can get back to camp without it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You pick the flute up carefully. There is not an earthquake. The building does not collapse. No one appears to accuse you of theft. The strange and beautiful music continues to play. The stars still dance to the unseen tune.

As near as you can tell, nothing has happened.

The white stone flute is cold as cool water but seems as if to weigh almost nothing. As you touch it, a rainbow of colors swirl across the surface and seem to continue to swirl with a flurry of vibrant colors as long as you touch it, but cease to swirl and turns white again when you cease to touch it. The flute is very beautiful and you realize that you suddenly know how to play it. You can feel music inside, yearning to get out.

You remove your own necklace and leave it where the flute was, a gift and a show of thanks to whatever odd creature made this place and the flute itself.

So far, nothing bad seems to have happened. The music still plays from an unseen source and you feel as if it would be a wonderful idea to sing, dance, play your new flute and to be happy.

All is right with the world here. You should probably just play your new flute and enjoy yourself. You know you are safe here, why, even the statue told you so!

All is calm, peaceful and serene. Danal snores gently on the floor, a smile on his face and on Monkey's.

Why would you ever want to leave?

There is still plenty of treasure and the flute seems weightless. You would have no difficulty carrying more treasure, if you were so inclined.

The rest of the treasure remains artfully arranged upon the platform.

A bowl filled with strange balls the width of your thumb, made of gold or a gold like substance, a material you have never seen before.

A knife made of the same material.

Though you have no idea what a book is, a book made of the same material. Looking at the cover gives you a vague headache. Having no idea what a book is, it may as well be a block of the strange material.

A necklace with small beads made of some sort of blue stone. It is floating about a foot above the platform, the beads spinning slowly.

A simple and unadorned cup made of a green material, filled with what may be water.

A plate made of green stone with a fire atop it and no visible fuel source. There is no heat coming from it.

A half finished statue of a winged creature, which now has a hand on it's chin as it contemplates the meaning of art.

A bow with no string, also made of blue stone.

A small statue of a winged lizard with sharp teeth, also half finished and also seemingly asleep and breathing. It is made of red stone, the back end of the statue is unfinished.

A large tooth as wide as your hand. It is made of black stone. It may be from a fish? It looks very sharp.

A pair of sandals made of white leather. You know what a sandal is, your people in the village did not use them but the Zepathans do.

A cup of white stone adorned with images of birds on it. It is empty.

You decide that...

A. This place is truly wonderful. Play your new flute, sing, dance and be happy!

B. You want to go back to camp. Leave.

C. You want to go back to camp, but first, you want more treasure! Specify what you take.

D. You want to experiment further with the other treasure, specify which.

If you head back to camp now, what do you plan to tell them about the nights activities?

E. Tell the Zepathan men everything. Now they will recognize you as a Hero for sure! You are a bonafide hero and have the treasure to prove it! Bring them back here to get the rest of the treasure! They will be very happy with me!

F. Nothing. You dont want to get in trouble for sneaking out. How will Tudiya react when he learns you have been taking his five year old son into the forest, one filled with monsters, in the dead of night?

You are in a forest and literally dont even have a pocket. You have no place to hide the flute on your person, all you wear is a loin cloth. If you don't plan to tell the Zepathan men what happened, what do you plan to do with the flute, smart guy?

G. You think I did not think of that! Pfft, I cant believe you doubted me! I will hide it in the bags the pack animals carry of course. I will sneak it out of the packs when we get to Zepath!

H. ...which is what I would have said if I wanted to get caught or lose it! Someone might find it, or I met get caught when I remove it! I will hide it in the box Danal keeps his leaf and flower collection in. I have it with me often anyway since he has me grabbing stuff for him all the time! I know Danal would never betray me.

I. ...not on purpose anyway, but he is a little kid! He will screw up and get us both caught. I will give it to my mother to hide in her clothes, ask her to keep it safe and tell her a lie where I found it.

J. ...I would never lie to Mom! Well, not tonight anyway. Have her hide it and tell her the truth.

K. If I get those weird foreign clothes, I could hide it myself! Ask for clothes like the others wear.

L. Something else. Specify

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am aware we may have spent a bit too long in "Chuckling" and hope to change that soon! You are after all, going someplace new and will get there eventually, possibly even soon if you don't do something to determine otherwise!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Lets go ahead and D- Wake up the lizard statue, to see if it will answer our questions.

And when we get back lets make sure we, F.I. I don't know how the men will react to our taking it, so lets ask Mom about it first.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Sandals. If we are taking things wear those.

The King is a living lie detector. If we are taking things (and we probably don't know any better) maybe take gifts to smooth things over?

Have we tried waking Danal?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C - The sandals and the stringless bow ( DEFINITELY the sandals, Maybe the bow)
J - Tell mom about our adventure
K - But also ask for new clothes. With them and new sandals, we will look every bit the Hero we are!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Glad we snagged the flute. I'd like to grab the sandals and look around for something to wear. Put our spear in place of the sandals, and if we find a robe or something put our loincloth in place of that.

Then pray to El and thank whatever sky giant put this stuff here.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
D. Examine the book, maybe like the statue it can force us to understand it, maybe it will explain everything in this room.
After we're through with the book hold the golden knife in your hand, then think of when the king first spoke your name Enkidel, visualise a symbol for your name and draw that onto the platform.

Crazy Idea Option: We dump the liquid and golden balls into the bird cup and put that on the fire plate.
Horrible Idea Option: Take the golden knife think of a symbol or merely the word Asherah and etch that onto the black tooth.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You have not tried waking Danal.

There are no other clothes visible. The structure is circular and the only notable feature beyond the strange moving carvings, is the platform in the center with the objects upon it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A, E C'mon, what good is treasure if you don't do anything with it?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

the_steve posted:

C - The sandals and the stringless bow ( DEFINITELY the sandals, Maybe the bow)
J - Tell mom about our adventure
K - But also ask for new clothes. With them and new sandals, we will look every bit the Hero we are!

With my addition that I'm not a 'maybe' on the bow. Sandals (for wearing) and bow (for learning how to use and becoming a hero worthy of song and story one day), definitely.

I have half an urge to suggest looting as much as we can carry.

edit: VVVV I knew I forgot something! Drink from the cup. What harm could possibly come from it?

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 13, 2013

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Drink from the cup.

After our shenanigans with the tooth, any artifacts we bring back are probably going to be confiscated. May as well try something that will have a lasting effecting that can't be taken away from us (hopefully a good one, fingers crossed).

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Before you continue: Start with a prayer to El in guidance and wisdom. Try touching/picking-up/testing all the items, one by one. Touch only the miniature winged-humanoid statue (not the lizard one) or talk to it to see if it will wake up.

D. You want to experiment further with the other treasure, specify which.
If we're keeping anything, let's stay consistent with the color. We have a white flute, let's wear the white sandals and take the white cup.

Do not put on the sandals until we're off of this sacred ground.

Wake Danal and let him pick of one color.

(If we end up going back, TELL THEM E.)
L. no need to hide. Just wear what you can.

The statues of the angel-like thing and the lizard are breathing? They might be the rightful owners of this collection or maybe balance in conscience. They may be in dormancy for a reason. Waking them may cause them to bring more light to the situation, but may complicate things. I'm okay with waking the angel-like one if possible.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
It's getting late. We should Daniel and go back.

Voting to D. Experiment! Try picking up and examining each object, even the fire. Also, lick the gold ball things. If we can't try everything, then pick up the book.

We learned the flute's properties just by picking it up, maybe we can learn the properties of the other things.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
C - Take the knife
F - Say nothing about night activities
J - Tell Mom

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Agh. Not that I doubt that the flute will be really cool, but it was a silly choice, I wish we hadn't taken it. Faced with a choice of various things, some of which appear to be well made but relatively mundane things we could find anywhere, and some of which appear to be obviously magical and supernatural, I just don't see this kid going for the mundane sandals and instruments.

Pick up that eternal flame, or maybe the floating necklace, but what good's a necklace that floats anyway? If we need to trade something again, I dunno, put the flute back. I don't know how well our loin-cloth would be receieved.

If we're going for mundane things, I think at least the knife or tooth would be the way to go, as they're both somewhat relevant to Og's interests. I don't remember him ever being particularly musically inclined, although hell, I guess he could be.

We can get sandals when we get clothes like the others to hide our poo poo in.

Or actually, we shouldn't do that, since we'll be found out eventually anyway if we hide it. Tell 'the truth' if confronted; we heard a noise in the forest, we went out to investigate. Sure we might get reprimanded, told that we should wake the adults if we hear something strange, but that's fair enough.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
We still have our spear, right Dio?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The flute is magical though, we know how to play it just by holding it. And, this is just me, I really dig the flute. It's just plain cool, and will serve us well throughout our journeys. We can play it for our supper and so forth, and the sandals will guard our feet. They are likely magical as well.

I think this is a riddle of sorts, too. The thing that made this place (seems like an angel) enjoyed art. We took the flute, the flute can be used to make more art in the world. We might have negative things happen if we go further than that, though I'm not really opposed to it either.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Wait, this place is called Chuckling, right? Laugh.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Agreed with what SerSpook, the flute just really calls to me for some reason. Above all else, we need to ensure we get it. The sandals are probably magical, and if not, they're going to at least be ridiculously well-made and probably last us forever.

And we should try to get something for Danal, I doubt getting Monkey will appease him when he sees us with cold, hard treasure. That's kinda where I was going with the Bow vote, though one of the other items may be more fitting for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

my dad posted:

We still have our spear, right Dio?

You still have your spear.

Your assets might be thought of as your spear, your loin cloth, your necklace, your new flute and if you are a deranged sociopath, a sleeping child and monkey.