Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
That car's owner must be absolutely insufferable.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody desperately needs to be shoved into a locker.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

That car's owner must be absolutely insufferable.

Not to mention irrational.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Not to mention irrational.

:golfclap:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

If anyone's wondering it's from Mark Waid's Insufferable digital comic and here's how they solve that problem.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Aug 12, 2013

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

That's just good marketing, though.

Too bad the letters aren't flipped. If I had to choose between insulting everyone under a glass surface or everyone finding my footprints, I'd go for the bigger audience...

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Torquemadras posted:

Too bad the letters aren't flipped. If I had to choose between insulting everyone under a glass surface or everyone finding my footprints, I'd go for the bigger audience...

What about when you prop your feet up on someone's desk?

It's a complicated calculus.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Male Man posted:

What about when you prop your feet up on someone's desk?

It's a complicated calculus.

You have two feet and hopefully two shoes. Have one flipped and one normal, problem solved.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Helios Grime posted:

You have two feet and hopefully two shoes. Have one flipped and one normal, problem solved.

B-But then I'd have to remember which foot to put on my desk!

Clearly, this requires further research.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You need a message that reads the same when mirrored, like "MAXIMUM HOT MOUTH"...admittedly your options carrying the same punch as "gently caress U" are a tad limited.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Helios Grime posted:

Have the words in a different color the right way around, so they're legible when looking at the shoe. But overlay it on indentations or reliefs that are mirrored, thus leaving right-reading footprints. Boom, problem solved.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If anyone's wondering it's from Mark Waid's Insufferable digital comic and here's how they solve that problem.

I... It's beautiful.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sure was lucky that maniac with a gun didn't use it to shoot any of the little kids as the valiant heroes did their thing.

Oh comics :allears:

Context: Police chief's children abducted and the daughter was artificially inseminated with her brother's semen

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Aug 12, 2013

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
MY STATIC UNCHANGING WORD USAGE THAT DOESN'T ACKNOWLEDGE COLLOQUIAL ADAPTATION :qq:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

But you're not allowed to use a word in it's own definition, that's cheating.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Romans had penises everywhere. They had good luck flying penis amulets, all sorts of penis jewellery, little bronze penis creatures with penises on penises, etc etc. A GIS for 'roman penis' is always hilarious and educational. If you get busted looking at all those dicks you can also claim you're just researching history! :eng101:

Last Christmas I was given a Roman-era phallus (prob around 2nd cent. AD) that I wear on a chain sometimes; it's a triple-bollocked, uncircumcised erect penis with a fist on one end. Because of the loop for the chain and the dangly balls, it looks, from a distance, like an anchor. This amuses me (even more than a triple-bollocked fisting dick) because the anchor was an early Christian symbol.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Is that also from the same comic?

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

KoldPT posted:

Is that also from the same comic?

I think that is from Nemesis. Mark Millar is something else...

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

You know, I like this idea. Let's take it even further and make it so that every English word can also mean the opposite of what the word means. It'll be like one big prank on everyone trying to learn English as a second language. :laugh: (I mean, even more so than English already is)

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

dijon du jour posted:

You know, I like this idea. Let's take it even further and make it so that every English word can also mean the opposite of what the word means. It'll be like one big prank on everyone trying to learn English as a second language. :laugh: (I mean, even more so than English already is)

Sick.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

dijon du jour posted:

This is a good post.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Ms Boods posted:

Last Christmas I was given a Roman-era phallus (prob around 2nd cent. AD) that I wear on a chain sometimes; it's a triple-bollocked, uncircumcised erect penis with a fist on one end. Because of the loop for the chain and the dangly balls, it looks, from a distance, like an anchor. This amuses me (even more than a triple-bollocked fisting dick) because the anchor was an early Christian symbol.
Wait, on which end is the fist? Is the fist also uncircumsized?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imagine a world in which you simply wake up one day, put on your fedora, brush your neckbeard and walk outside your house. A random passer by smiles at you and says: "Nice hat, dude." Then he chuckles as he walks past you. A sudden horror creeps into your head: What if - what if the word Nice in this one instance actually meant the very opposite of what you read in the dictionary? What if the man tied to make fun of your fedora? How will you ever know the truth! You can't live in a world in which words ar given meaning by their users depending on context. As you are beginning to despair, another, much deeper voice rings through in your skull:

WELCOME TO YOUR HELL!!!!

All you people against colloquial use of "literal" are either socially crippled beyond repair or just obnoxious for the sake of feeling superior. And I'm saying at as a non-native speaker (you know that pretty much every European language has the same dichotomy of literally - "literally" in its popular vernacular? Making English more strict would in this instance make it harder.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dijon du jour posted:

Bad. Dope. Cool. Hot.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

zoux posted:

Bad. Dope. Cool. Hot.

Difference is that the people saying those things weren't completely oblivious to the other meaning.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
It's a good thing that he didn't sign his work!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sad lions posted:

Difference is that the people saying those things weren't completely oblivious to the other meaning.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
If you can't tell the difference between something being literal or figurative without the words themselves, I don't think they're gonna help.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Ms Boods posted:

Last Christmas I was given a Roman-era phallus (prob around 2nd cent. AD) that I wear on a chain sometimes; it's a triple-bollocked, uncircumcised erect penis with a fist on one end.

How is such a thing even a penis any more

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It is the classical version of Dickbutt.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

That's not what yours looks like?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ms Boods posted:

Last Christmas I was given a Roman-era phallus (prob around 2nd cent. AD) that I wear on a chain sometimes; it's a triple-bollocked, uncircumcised erect penis with a fist on one end.

Why have you not shared this with us

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Aston posted:

That's not what yours looks like?

I try not to look at it if at all possible.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I literally have a tattoo of the word "literally" on my dick you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Coffee And Pie posted:

I literally have a tattoo of the word "literally" on my dick you guys.

When you're flacid does it "litt'lly"?

• Locked thread