Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Team THEOLOGY posted:

My bitching happened when it wasn't supposed to shuffle but did anyway. That was a classic Stainless Fail
Yeah your bug seems legit, that's an edge case that they must not have accounted for. TheresNoThyme's on the other hand is almost certainly just the RNG screwing with him.

precision posted:

The problem with cutting any one color from Slivers is that it means cutting Fiery Justice. I could see R/G being somewhat effective but also really boring, and you'd also lose Faith's Fetters.
Yeah I don't think you really have enough R/G cards to justify cutting white. I don't care about Faith's Fetters, I've cut those already anyways, and I wouldn't even miss Fiery Justice that much but you would lose your Mirror Entitys and Bonescythe Slivers which are some of your best creatures. You also lose your exiles, leaving you with only Shocks for CC. If it had a few more good R/G Slivers I would totally try it, but right now ditching white forces you to use a lot of crap cards.

botany posted:

Doesn't work for me (yet).
Which platform? Works on 360 and PS3, not sure about PC or iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Meep posted:

Which platform? Works on 360 and PS3, not sure about PC or iOS.

PC, but the other unlocks tended to take a while too.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Re: Sliver deck, keeping Red as a splash (for the Thorncast Slivers and Fiery Justice) seems viable on paper. The deck could really use some Manaweft slivers in place of some of the jank unlocks, frankly.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

botany posted:

PC, but the other unlocks tended to take a while too.

Try verifying the game cache. I couldn't get it to work and that finally did it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Meep posted:

Yeah I don't think you really have enough R/G cards to justify cutting white. I don't care about Faith's Fetters, I've cut those already anyways

Why don't you run Fetters? It can be used on noncreature permanents. Admittedly that's not a very big deal this year, but I'm pretty sure I've done it once.

Slivers seems to always be playing catch-up in life since you don't really have a lot of small, efficient Slivers unless you draw 4xPredatory so the lifegain is usually pretty good.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I haven't a clue what happened but all my unlocks are working again for steam.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Pardon me, I didn't see anything on the first page, is there an irc or steam group set up? I just purchased this game and I'd like to chat about it.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Pardon me, I didn't see anything on the first page, is there an irc or steam group set up? I just purchased this game and I'd like to chat about it.

#mtgoon on SYNirc, should be able to answer all your questions!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh, I remember:

Faith's Fetters can be used on Eye of Ugin. Not a bad play if you have a Path in grip.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I was playing Avacyn's against Guardians of Light, and I had something come up that I think was wrong... Maybe one of you guys can let me know if I'm crazy, or if the game messed up.

My weenies were getting over-matched by the other guy's aura powered dudes, so I cast Hallowed Burial.

It seemed to work okay, except the guy's Seraph of the Sword popped back up onto the battlefield.

I thought it would have been gone to the bottom of his deck since it wasn't combat damage, but there it was. Oh well.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

The Zombie Guy posted:

I was playing Avacyn's against Guardians of Light, and I had something come up that I think was wrong... Maybe one of you guys can let me know if I'm crazy, or if the game messed up.

My weenies were getting over-matched by the other guy's aura powered dudes, so I cast Hallowed Burial.

It seemed to work okay, except the guy's Seraph of the Sword popped back up onto the battlefield.

I thought it would have been gone to the bottom of his deck since it wasn't combat damage, but there it was. Oh well.

Did you have a Fiend Hunter that had locked down another Seraph of the Sword? If so then once Hallowed Burial resolves your Fiend Hunter goes on the bottom of your library and then whatever is under it comes back into place and sticks around.

If you didn't have one out, then I dunno.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

precision posted:

Why don't you run Fetters? It can be used on noncreature permanents. Admittedly that's not a very big deal this year, but I'm pretty sure I've done it once.

Slivers seems to always be playing catch-up in life since you don't really have a lot of small, efficient Slivers unless you draw 4xPredatory so the lifegain is usually pretty good.
Because slivers needs a lot of slivers to do well so something had to give. Fetters is mostly just an overcosted pacify and I'd rather be spending that mana playing more slivers. I run every sliver with an effect besides 1 haste guy and the 2 trample guys which is 25 creatures.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007

Meep posted:

...Fetters is mostly just an overcosted pacify....

This is crazy talk. Fetters is WAY better then Pacifism in every way but the artwork.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dirty Karma posted:

This is crazy talk. Fetters is WAY better then Pacifism in every way but the artwork.

Yeah really.

Though there aren't a lot of "activated abilities" this year. It can lock down Mikaeus or Thraben Doomsayer though, which is pro as hell.

Also the inevitable Izzet themed deck.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

precision posted:

Yeah really.

Though there aren't a lot of "activated abilities" this year. It can lock down Mikaeus or Thraben Doomsayer though, which is pro as hell.

Yea gently caress Karma and his Izzet themed deck.

Fake edit: I can't wait to play with Karma and his Izzet themed deck.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
^ Hahaha. I love you too!

precision posted:

Yeah really.

Fauna Shamen, Lord o' Undead, Lavamancer, Eye of Egin, Evil Twin, Mikaeus, ect.. I'll give you there's not as many, but they're almost all game winners.

Regardless though Pacifism's art is incredible.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Chittering Rats and Followed Footsteps. :psyduck:

Unless your opponent can kill the rat or play everything in their hand, they are never drawing a new card again.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hmm, just played 2 matches with my Bloodghast not getting haste when it was supposed to. One time played from the hand at 6 life and another with landfall at 9.

Still fuckin' love Bloodghast though.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Ronco Showtime posted:

Hmm, just played 2 matches with my Bloodghast not getting haste when it was supposed to. One time played from the hand at 6 life and another with landfall at 9.

Still fuckin' love Bloodghast though.

That's very odd. Can you explain more about the situation, or do you have a screenshot?

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007

Mr. Peepers posted:

Chittering Rats and Followed Footsteps. :psyduck:

Unless your opponent can kill the rat or play everything in their hand, they are never drawing a new card again.

Not as broken as it sounds. By turn 6 you opponent shouldn't be holding cards anyways.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Chittering rats is like #387 on the list of targets for followed footsteps that can screw your opponent with no removal.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

In the DotP metagame where most decks have drops in the 5+ range that many people run, more often than not they are still holding multiple cards by turn 6. Chittering Rats won't always be my #1 target, but if my opponent has little or no board presence and/or I'm playing Followed Footsteps on curve then denying them draws for potentially the entire rest of the game is pretty nuts.

I gotta say, after having unlocked a majority of the cards for a majority of the decks, I think I like Dimir and Mul'Daya the most. I find myself actually thinking about what the best plays are on a turn-by-turn basis, as compared to the W/U/B aggro decks that more or less play themselves. And I can't stop raving about Avenger of Zendikar.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007

Mr. Peepers posted:

In the DotP metagame where most decks have drops in the 5+ range that many people run, more often than not they are still holding multiple cards by turn 6. Chittering Rats won't always be my #1 target, but if my opponent has little or no board presence and/or I'm playing Followed Footsteps on curve then denying them draws for potentially the entire rest of the game is pretty nuts.

I gotta say, after having unlocked a majority of the cards for a majority of the decks, I think I like Dimir and Mul'Daya the most. I find myself actually thinking about what the best plays are on a turn-by-turn basis, as compared to the W/U/B aggro decks that more or less play themselves. And I can't stop raving about Avenger of Zendikar.

Against Dimir? Granted I play 2hg so 1v1 may be way different, but between Rats, Mind Rot, misc heavy D card and opponents panick dumping noone ever has cards past turn 5 or so.

Also as a rule I'll never* Followed Footstep my own creature.

*almost

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Followed Footsteps on Evil Twin, Archaeomancer, Necropolis Regent, Dinrova Horror...

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
^ Hell even Maori turn 5 is "Deal with or lose."

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

precision posted:

Yeah really.

Yeah I'm not saying it doesn't have its uses, but more of the time then not when I cast it it's just a pacify + some health. I just think its too expensive when I really just want to be slamming down more slivers.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

So how many cards should each deck have unlocked with the promo codes? I want to make sure I didn't miss one. I have 36 cards unlocked in each deck and I've used 6 promo codes (I think).

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Boinks posted:

So how many cards should each deck have unlocked with the promo codes? I want to make sure I didn't miss one. I have 36 cards unlocked in each deck and I've used 6 promo codes (I think).

You should be up to 7 precision posted the code a while back (2-3 pages) I think.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Is there a way to tell what cards are promo cards besides comparing the cards I have to the starting cards?

Also, Form of the Dragon is a fun card in duels. Especially with Slivers or Garruk who need to get fancy to beat it.

I like how Chronozoa breaks the game. Just have a 100 card line floating up and down because they didn't code a way to compress cards with counters.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 12, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gensuki posted:

Is there a way to tell what cards are promo cards besides comparing the cards I have to the starting cards?

They don't sparkle this year, but:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29981069/Promotional_Unlock_Cards_List_for_Magic_2014

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Anyone know what this ~100 MB update is? A bug fix of some sort / making cards do what they're meant to?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Anyone on steam gotten the seventh code working yet? Still is giving me error messages.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Uninstall and reinstall.

I have to do it every promo release.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just verifying the game cache is enough if you are talking about the PC version.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
This just in...

Grim Return is the funnest, most game changing new card in Magic. That is all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dirty Karma posted:

This just in...

Grim Return is the funnest, most game changing new card in Magic. That is all.

Doom Blade + Grim Return isn't really any better than Mind Control most of the time, but it's still a great card for its flexibility in other situations. I took the Reanimates out of Deadwalkers as overkill-ish but Grim Return is good times.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

precision posted:

Doom Blade + Grim Return isn't really any better than Mind Control most of the time, but it's still a great card for its flexibility in other situations. I took the Reanimates out of Deadwalkers as overkill-ish but Grim Return is good times.

You TOOK OUT REANIMATE?!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, that's definitely insane, reanimate is arguably the most powerful necromancy in the game. I cut the grim returns because they are just garbage topdeck.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Team THEOLOGY posted:

You TOOK OUT REANIMATE?!

I did! Cruel Revival and Lord of the Undead are doing it just fine on my own dudes, and honestly the deck is working fine as a pure romper stomper. :shobon:

Originally I had the Reanimates in because my inner traditional Magic player was all "Dude that card is the nuts" but someone convinced me that Deadwalkers actually doesn't need it.

Now, if Dimir had that card... :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That is specially true in this tribal meta where getting back your opponent's bombs isn't all that hot a lot of the time.

• Locked thread