Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Most of it is just bad. Not funny bad, just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Yeah, "unintentionally hilarious" isn't really the norm. Neither is "intentionally hilarious" or "decently written."

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Jedi Prince was the best(worst) part of the EU. Over hunting of space whales! Evil Empire environmental extermination! The son of Palpatine, who has a third eye, and that guy's son, who lived in a secret city of droids! Jabba's father wins Cloud City in a card game because he can see in ultra violet!

Funny enough, what got me about that series the most was how there wasn't a single lightsaber duel. Have some fan art:

"Please STOP asking to put this pic in perverted groups, I did not make this pic for perverts to fab on it, it's for joking, I don't want the admins thinking it hentai and deleting it, thank you!"

Loli Sanguinius

I should have expected this.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Some sort of machinery cover for a motorcycle. Might be for a gimmick advertising bike, but...

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

But I don't understand.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

horriblePencilist posted:

I'm loving all these unintentionally hilarious moments in the Star Wars EU. Are they the norm or exceptions? Cause I'd pay to hear more of these.

There is an old thread in the book forum, just for you: Let Us Read Terrible Star Wars Books For You

edit: Whoops you need archives access to read this apparently

ixnay has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Aug 15, 2013

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ixnay posted:

There is an old thread in the book forum, just for you: Let Us Read Terrible Star Wars Books For You

I'm going to spend a long time on this. In the meantime:

This counts, right?

:stonk: That's some nice anatomy there.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Does anyone have that KotH pic where Hank is laying his head on Bobby's pregnant belly? You'd think this would be easier to find with google but I haven't hit the right search phrase.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
This thread made me think that Disney had somehow dissolved the European Union.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Serious Cephalopod posted:

This thread made me think that Disney had somehow dissolved the European Union.

Nah. To date they are the only foreign power in modern history that France managed to defeat all on their own.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Angry Diplomat posted:

This fact alone was enough to make me immediately say, "great!" when I heard Disney was taking over the Star Wars franchise. I cannot stress enough how apocalyptically bad the great majority of the Star Wars books are. I had a few of them as a kid and even the "good" ones were roughly similar in quality to the Doom novel my brother bought on a whim.
Doom Novel is amazing though because you can clearly graph the descent from almost plotless monster shoot to bizarre Mormon Propaganda.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Doom Novel is amazing though because you can clearly graph the descent from almost plotless monster shoot to bizarre Mormon Propaganda.

I would like to know more.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

ixnay posted:

Archives! :argh:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Samfucius posted:

I would like to know more.

The first book is as straight an adaption of the game as you can get. They give a personality to the doom guy and there's a few other survivors but it's a guy wandering around on Phobos shooting stuff and making discoveries like green barrels explode and monsters can fight each other. Then he gets to earth in the second one and meets up with a bunch of Mormons, who've survived better than everyone else. I think in the third book he gets captured and forced to relive his experiences on Mars but escapes by loving with the simulation or something, and the fourth book was so completely insane that I get a headache trying to remember it. I'm missing one of the books so I can't reread it properly.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Hey, uh, the Thrawn trilogy is really great.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I have no idea if any of that is true, they were pretty weird.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

FedoraDefender420 posted:

The first book is as straight an adaption of the game as you can get. They give a personality to the doom guy and there's a few other survivors but it's a guy wandering around on Phobos shooting stuff and making discoveries like green barrels explode and monsters can fight each other. Then he gets to earth in the second one and meets up with a bunch of Mormons, who've survived better than everyone else. I think in the third book he gets captured and forced to relive his experiences on Mars but escapes by loving with the simulation or something, and the fourth book was so completely insane that I get a headache trying to remember it. I'm missing one of the books so I can't reread it properly.

The old Doom novels feature an idle ancient interstellar war based on schools of literary theory, where the events of Doom/Doom 2 were a minor proxy conflict.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Politicalrancor posted:

Hey, uh, the Thrawn trilogy is really great.

I've read the first one and a half of those, they're fairly good. I think part of the reason they have such a grand reputation was that they were the first "real" EU after Return of the Jedi and fans were clamoring for basically anything and, hey, a good set of books with some cool new characters and all your favorite old ones!

Besides those, Death Star is also a really neat book. It chronicles the Death Star from its building to its destruction, with a bunch of stories that start out separate and come together by the end. Plus it interlaces with A New Hope quite a bit towards the end, so you don't have to be super knowledgeable about the EU to pick it up.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > The Return of the Sith

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

"Please STOP asking to put this pic in perverted groups, I did not make this pic for perverts to fab on it, it's for joking, I don't want the admins thinking it hentai and deleting it, thank you!"
They should put that disclaimer on every piece of fanart.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Say Nothing posted:

They should put that disclaimer on every piece of fanart.

A Sonic adaptation of a brony meme from 4chan. I think we are at peak Internet jackoffery here.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ixnay posted:

edit: Whoops you need archives access to read this apparently

Don't have archives, but if this book is in the Legacy of the Force series, or The Crystal Star, I need to upgrade just to read it. Was I right?

Enough of a Star Wars derail, have some Star Wars fan-art instead.

I just... what?

Of course there's loving ponies.

Being green, easy it is not.

These last ones I actually quite like:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Chu-Chu motherfuckers.
Note: I have never played Space Channel 5 except for a demo on Xbox. I am terrible at Space Channel 5.

Also, here's some parodies:
Space Channel Robotnik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3GZDq8RSdw
Space Fortress 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvoiyltNgGk

scarycave has a new favorite as of 04:06 on Aug 15, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Those Deadpool and Kermit pictures actually make sense now because of Disney.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Angry Diplomat posted:

The Star Wars EU is amazingly, wonderfully stupid. For instance: a Hutt crime lord gets his hands on the design schematics for the Death Star. Naturally, his first thought is, "I should build one of these and hold planets for ransom, because that is a sustainable practice that will not get me assassinated loving immediately." He then does the sensible thing and removes absolutely everything from the design that is not a giant apocalypse laser, ensuring that his superweapon is a rickety deathtrap for everyone operating it, and then insists that his floating suicide gun be shaped like an enormous metal dick lightsaber. He names this masterpiece of stupidity the Darksaber, and floats around threatening to literally stab planets with his gigantic city-sized space lightsaber.

You forgot that the Darksaber was built by literal monkeys.

I don't get why people hate Darksaber. So what if the baddie is incompetent from day 1, I prefer these kinds of low power stories of assholes biting off more than they can chew. It's the banality of evil taken to its logical conclusion. And I prefer it to Luke Skywalker's Evil Clone bringing out ancient somehow-functional superweapon #451 and trying to take over the galaxy yet again.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Phobophilia posted:

You forgot that the Darksaber was built by literal monkeys.

I don't get why people hate Darksaber. So what if the baddie is incompetent from day 1, I prefer these kinds of low power stories of assholes biting off more than they can chew. It's the banality of evil taken to its logical conclusion. And I prefer it to Luke Skywalker's Evil Clone bringing out ancient somehow-functional superweapon #451 and trying to take over the galaxy yet again.

I read a lot of the EU and yeah, Darksaber was kind of refreshing compared to "Oh random Sith Lord (and/or Clone Of Sith Lord) has gotten YET ANOTHER superweapon, better go on a fetch-quest for YET ANOTHER deus ex machina."

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

sociallyunacceptableart2 has been taken down.

Long live sociallyunacceptableart.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Friends Are Evil posted:

sociallyunacceptableart2 has been taken down.

Long live sociallyunacceptableart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCardl4MEtE

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

He's using belly-drum. His hp is halved! Now's the time to strike! :japan:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The characters on the left are from Nu Pogodi, a popular soviet cartoon -- sort of like a pro-USSR Tom & Jerry. Here, they are meeting Sonic and Tails for some reason.

Because they were so visible for so long (and are still shown in syndication) they have a rather large fan following.

You know, for better or worse.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
What the hell was that?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Monkey Man posted:

What the hell was that?

Worker and Parasite obviously.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Let's try to make searches that don't result in ponies.

Okay, I was not expecting Fingerpori + some anime. Funny. No ponies, so success I guess.

A pony dealt with in proper Condorito fashion. One last search for now and there's no way th-

WHY!?!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Arcsquad12 posted:

Worker and Parasite obviously.

:thejoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7m-4Vc3MU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You don't say? I watch Youtube too.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
What is it with lovely artists tracing Lion King pictures and calling them original characters? Why are so many furry characters drawn crying?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

So I can stop making GBS threads up the thread:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

karl fungus posted:

What is it with lovely artists tracing Lion King pictures and calling them original characters? Why are so many furry characters drawn crying?

Because Jay Naylor did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

karl fungus posted:

It's the same as ponies -- the characters in Lion King do have a shared body type and so tracing and recoloring is an easy way to make a character that fits the world in a way that, say, tracing Batman wouldn't.

• Locked thread