Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Junpei can reflect projectiles. :allears:

I was kind of annoyed he was going to be using a bat instead of his sword but this looks better than I could have imagined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Nuts
Jul 16, 2003

Pillbug
So is this going to be an expansion like SF4:AE, or should we expect BlazBlue Syndrome™?

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Corn Nuts posted:

So is this going to be an expansion like SF4:AE, or should we expect BlazBlue Syndrome™?

You mean Blazblue, where CS->CS2 was a free download, or Super Street Fighter IV which was a disc-only paid upgrade?

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Corn Nuts posted:

This joystiq article claims there are currently no plans to bring the update to consoles.

Of course 99% chance that just means that, since the arcade update is currently under development, the inevitable console update will have to wait. Given the sheer scope of it though, I'd expect it won't be a free update like BBCS->CS2, and it'll be more inline with the Street Fighter 4 editions or Blazblue CSEX (which was $30, at least for me. Standard price may have been $40?).

On another note I translated all of Stunedge's notes from the loketest, but my Japanese is pretty lovely so there are definitely some errors. You can find it here until a better translation comes along :v:

edit: vvv And as I say that,

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 17, 2013

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Complied change list.

Corn Nuts
Jul 16, 2003

Pillbug

Fayk posted:

You mean Blazblue, where CS->CS2 was a free download, or Super Street Fighter IV which was a disc-only paid upgrade?

Whoops, I thought CS2 was a full $40 standalone. I thought it went CT $60 -> CS $40 -> CS2 $40 -> CS:E $40 (not to mention $8 DLC). I know fighting games typically rehash and resell at full price a lot, but I feel BlazBlue was a bit extreme in it. I stopped playing at CT but I will definitely be getting CP next year; huge upgrade.

I hope the update comes out to the console, but I dont really want to pay another $40+ for only 2 new characters.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Well technically the cast size is gonna double because of Shadow versions :v:

Even so, with enough system changes it could be well worth the price. Plenty of fighting game sequels only add two characters but justify it by playing differently enough.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How much I bet one of the new characters is Marie from Persona 4 Golden? If not her, one of the main characters from Persona 2.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Adachi could be awesome. However, I am expecting Ken and/or Koromaru to be the next characters.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Didnt one of the devs want to put in Dojima with Nanako instead of a persona? Nows their chance!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd be really sad if it's PS4-only since I honestly am hesitant to plunk down a new console just for the game (but I'd be really, really tempted to.)

Fingers crossed for a possible PS3 release, but I'm aware chances are that they want to make sure the console shift is in their favour.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd be really sad if it's PS4-only since I honestly am hesitant to plunk down a new console just for the game (but I'd be really, really tempted to.)

Fingers crossed for a possible PS3 release, but I'm aware chances are that they want to make sure the console shift is in their favour.
The game has already been developed for and runs on PS3, which also has a larger install base (including an audience with peripherals that won't work on newer systems). There isn't much of a reason not to put in on there if it gets a console release, is there?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Armor-Piercing posted:

The game has already been developed for and runs on PS3, which also has a larger install base (including an audience with peripherals that won't work on newer systems). There isn't much of a reason not to put in on there if it gets a console release, is there?

Releasing games for consoles people own is a logical decision, but it didn't stop them from making Persona 4 Golden a Vita exclusive.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Adachi (I don't know why I spoilered that) probably won't be in, since they didn't reveal his identity as the murderer in P4A and putting him in the sequel would be impossible without saying he is the killer

Marie being in wouldn't surprise me though, considering how hard they tried to make her relevant in P4G

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Kashiwagi, with Hanako as a substitute for a Persona.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Kashiwagi, with Hanako as a substitute for a Persona.

Funky Student, with Funky Student for a Persona.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
They could always just add Margaret as a counter point to Elizabeth too.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Alright all, trip report:

I just got back from a from the Taito Station in Den-Den Town and it was a hell of a time. The building itself is easy to spot walking down Nipponbashi and the fighting games, along with some old classics such as DND Chronicles of Mystera are on the fourth floor.

There were a many people interested in partaking in the test, and they ended up giving cards with numbers so that there wouldn't be a giant line. Mine was over fifty away so I played some Tekken and then used the conveniently located P4A classic machines to brush up. There was a printed booklet showing how to perform everyone's specials and giving an outline of their strengths.

There was an unspoken agreement that the first two rounds would be split evenly with only the third being contested. This allowed everyone a bit of practice with the altered mechanics.

You are only allowed one full match with the winner staying, and wanting to get as much out of the experience as possible I picked Shadow Yukari. I can confirm she is wearing a Pink Feather Ranger outfit, and swapping colors seemed to be disabled for this build.

Yukari's specials are as easy to do as everyone elses, range seems better than anyone else with her arrows doing decent damage, and she's rather difficult to close with. Her main persona attacks can be avoided by being either right next to her or a little ways back, hopefully they will expand the hitbox for that a bit.

After I was done, someone with a Taito shirt and a clipboard asked me how I'd heard about it and I said on the internet. He nodded and walked away.

If you're in the Kansai and interested, you might want to consider swinging by tomorrow, the last day for it. It's pretty novel seeing a game this early, and I had a good time.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Arbite posted:

Alright all, trip report:

drat, I wish I could try it out :(

Shadow Labrys nerfs seem scary, but her new stuff sounds even scarier. I really want to try it!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
An Anti-Air Grab For Apple: Coming 2015

Can someone link the Elizabeth changes? I tried to go to the pastebins but the sites never loaded regardless of what browser I used.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Releasing games for consoles people own is a logical decision, but it didn't stop them from making Persona 4 Golden a Vita exclusive.

This is because Japan loves handheld games more than anything else and rather than gimp the game out a lot for PSP, they just went with the new handheld that could keep all of the stuff in the game while adding more, it's pretty simple. Atlus and ArcSys are not agreeing to putting P4A2 on PS4, that would be loving stupid. No one's buying a PS4 for P4A2, especially not in either America or Japan where the former scene is still going to be using PS3's and 360's for the forseeable future and in Japan where arcades are still very much alive.

I doubt even GG Xrd is going on future consoles and not PS3/360.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What about the Vita? Would that be a possibility for P4A2?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Great Lakes Log posted:

What about the Vita? Would that be a possibility for P4A2?

I could believe they'd have cross platform play for it, but the Vita's deader in the water than it was.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Atlus has said that currently they have no games set for release on any next gen consoles. Of course that was before this was announced but I don't think it'll be PS4 or Xbox One if it even makes it to a console. Keep in mind Persona 4 came out for the PS2 at least a year and a half after the PS3 came out.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Can someone link the Elizabeth changes? I tried to go to the pastebins but the sites never loaded regardless of what browser I used.

Here's the Elizabeth changes from the huge compiled changelist pastebin:

Elizabeth Changes posted:

Elizabeth:
New:
*Elizabeth confirmed not to have a shadow version.
*5AAA changed
*j.2B like her grounded 2B.
*2C On hit or block, grants a new indicator above her SP gauge: "1hdSwd Master" [T/N originally 小剣の心得, a skill gained by Thanatos at level 71 in P3].
*Debilitate Command: Charge 6 -> 4 A or B Elizabeth floats into the air and throws a card downward. If either the card or Elizabeth is hit with an attack, the move activates. Opponent is sent skyward and inflicted with negative penalty. Version differences are in startup and counter duration. Can followup with 5B.
*Ziodyne When in Awakening, beam takes up almost the entire screen Non-awakening A version: Now only one hit, startup decreased.
*Bufudyne Non-awakening A version: Now only one hit. Opponent simply falls after first hit. Awakening B version: Shoots two waves after lifting opponent in the air.
*Agidyne Number of hits, recovery changed while in Awakening. Non-awakening C version: Number of hits decreased, fire ends about midscreen. Non-awakening D version: Number of hits decreased, fire ends about midscreen. Awakening C version: More hits than non-awakening, fire comes from behind after coming from in front. Awakening D version: More hits than non-awakening, fire comes from in front after coming from behind. Awakening SB version: More hits than non-awakening, recovery decreased (?)
*Garudyne Can no longer do Garu > land > combo outside awakening In Awakening, hitbox and power changes, locks opponent on hit. Launches opponent on last hit. Can combo SB Garu into 5C when in awakening. Non-awakening D version: Startup slower, increased recovery, uncertain on block.
Buffs
+Persona card count increased to six.
+Some specials (Zio, Bufu, Agi, Garu) are changed in awakening.
+Some normals are dash, backdash, and hop-cancelable. Zio and Garu can be performed during a backdash.
+DP Can feint by holding the buttons Feint animation is up to the actual point of the grab Does not seem to have much recovery
Nerfs
-Being persona broken now hurts significantly more. It takes a long time to recover all six cards.
-5C If first hit connects while very close to the opponent, second hit will go through them. Dash- or backdash-canceling first hit causes Thanatos to disappear without performing second hit.

Turns out this is mostly a c/p of my own translation of a JP player's Elizabeth notes. Since writing it I've found out that the new sword icon is probably just a visual cue for the 2C-powering-up-your-next-move buff that already exists.

Also I'm not really confident in the Garudyne info translation. The Japanese uses a term I don't recognize (ガルカス) but searching around I think it refers to the Garudyne juggle allowing you to pick up on the ground afterward.

theonlypie314SA
Mar 19, 2013

More videos:

Yukari vs Shadow Kanji (better shown with this super in the last video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6L6xMGz54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsUamQ8kU0

Yukari vs Yu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOAVwOR-ik

Kanji vs Yu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFll51E2gLg

Chie vs Yu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t40r-BdSick

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, I think I'm gonna get a lot of mileage out of that shoulder charge move Kanji's got.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Relambrien posted:

Here's the Elizabeth changes from the huge compiled changelist pastebin:

Thanks champ. Her specials are weaker overall, but she gets a buff to them in Awakening huh? 1-handed sword master was a static buff in Persona 3, but does it apply to Liz or to Thanatos? Big Than' is the one who holds the sword. I'm assuming it doesn't replace the Fear mechanic.

All this sounds potentially interesting I guess. Are these player observed changes or were these given out by those holding the loketest?

The only thing I really wanted was the matchup between her and Mitsuru to not be so loving awful. And I guess for Kanji having an easier time against her as well.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

S.Labrys can make her Persona attack while she's in guardstun or knocked down now. Yup.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

S.Labrys can make her Persona attack while she's in guardstun or knocked down now. Yup.

Wait.

Is this actually true?!

Why can't they do this for Carl Clover in BlazBlue?!

Anyway, is it any command, or only certain attacks (like only Skills or only Normals)?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Are they removing the armor from her persona (asterius or something?) to make him a little easier to break, or is she just cheap as all hell now?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Coca Koala posted:

Are they removing the armor from her persona (asterius or something?) to make him a little easier to break, or is she just cheap as all hell now?

If Asterius could do any of his SB moves during knockdown that's like.. better than a DP or burst as far as getting people off of you, so it might just be his normal moves. If not, well.. we're going to be seeing a lot more shadow labrys players in the near future!

It's interesting they're giving her more ways to use her persona, it sounds cheap but I guess it's also more ways to get persona broken if you make the wrong calls. Calling out moves during blockstun is a good way to lose persona cards if you don't know what you're doing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

How many cards does S.Lab have now anyway? 3? 5?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

The latest build has her at 6 cards :stare:

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

MrAristocrates posted:

6, apparently. It sounds like having more cards also makes you stay broken for longer, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That sounds pretty bad then, wow.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Stunedge sorta clarified the SLab comment:

quote:

somebody mentioned S.lab 2C mash thing earlier so I will clarify.

In current version, S.lab can put Buffalo into 'block mode' by holding D buttons for while and you don't have to hold D buttons alldays to keep it blocking. And what is important is that you can directly do Persona moves while blocking.

Since she has persona on wakeup so if you set it to blockmode, you can simply just mash 2C during block and if there is even 1f space between chains persona will be activated for 2C (which was originally her 8C)

The important distinctions here are that she can't make Asterius act during guardstun or when she's knocked down, but rather if guardstun drops but Asterius was still in its block mode and during her wakeup. At least, that's how it reads to me, though it admittedly still seems unclear. In any event, even if she can call the uppercut while locked in guardstun now, I really doubt that would stay through to the final product.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The subjects and verbs don't line up very well in that explanation. I'm confused about whether he's talking about Asterius blocking or Labrys blocking in any given sentence. From what I think he's talking about, it means that Labrys can get a 2C in unless your doing a true blockstring on her. Sort of like mashing DP in SF4. The only reason I can see that you can't do that in the current version of the game is because the move is 8C right now.

I don't think it's that hard to counter. If you see an S.Lab crouch blocking, then suddenly the bull disappears, just end your pressure with a grab and you get a free Persona card break. Or go for an overhead as a hard callout. The only thing is that an S.Lab player may find it worth it to sacrifice a Persona card to end your pressure, depending on matchups.

EDIT: Now I can't remember if you can grab someone that's crouching. Probably not. I guess you can always do the SF4 thing of backdash and punish. Though with S.Lab getting a rocket punch now, I'm not sure that would work. Yeah, this is sounding more and more ridiculous.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 18, 2013

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I am SUPER excited about those elizabeth changes. All of her gimmicks are unchanged (or just require you to use mind charge which is now a loving awesome move because you get buffs). She actually has some defensive options (and the top tier oki is all getting nerfed) and she actually has safe offense beyond "please don't know how to counter gimmick x" with her dash cancelable moves (5.C in particular that move rules)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah the posts about S.Labrys were not very clear at all, looking into it some more it sounds like:

- 2C and 8C are reversed now.
- You cannot use persona attacks DURING blockstun, but since 2C and 8C are swapped now, holding downback and mashing 1C will safely get you a 2C any time there is a 1F gap in blockstun.
- S.Labrys has her persona during wakeup, but it doesn't appear you can call it until you've recovered. But you can still do reversal persona attacks now.

That's as far as I can get from what people have posted so far, haven't seen any video evidence one way or another.

• Locked thread