Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This is why I don't bet on MMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Birthday scotch has been good to me.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jase1 posted:

Birthday scotch has been good to me.

You earned it.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Haha, this thread just keeps on giving. Seriously the best in PSP.

jase1 is a legend. Happy Birthday!

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

manyak posted:

For everyone keeping track, multi millionaire pro poker player sponsored by the UFC goon Jcarver (doesnt post much or at all anymore since the poker forum closed) bet $15k on sonnen tonight so you can add that to the goon win/loss ledger

!!!

Holy moley. Congrats goon who will never read this

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Well I bet 15 bucks on Sonnen so I'd like a pat on the back too please for winning and for being smart enough not to put $15,000 on loving MMA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

attackmole posted:

Well I bet 15 bucks on Sonnen so I'd like a pat on the back too please for winning and for being smart enough not to put $15,000 on loving MMA.

Your bet is weak. If he had bet that money on Mark Coleman the world would be a better place.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

My bets on Chael, Cole, and Pineada broke even. Thank God I only put big money (<$5) on Chael.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

-Atom- posted:

You have personally sealed Chael's fate. You're the man, Jase One.

Wrong.

Wrong again.

ChampRamp posted:

I knew Overeem had this one in the bag

Nope.

cisneros posted:

Happy Birthday.

Thank you.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

you might as well have parlayed them but still a good move

Look at how wrong you are.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

jase1 posted:

Wrong.

Wrong again.

Nope.

Thank you.

Look at how wrong you are.

Your two successful bets on this card bring your overall record to 9 successful bets and 26 unsuccessful ones in this thread, so maybe save the smug posts for when you've managed to bat .500

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Ah I see I can only be smug when I don't bet at all. People have busted on me constantly for my bets on here and I can't gloat at all when I win? What's the point of me posting my bets in here then?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

jase1 posted:

What's the point of me posting my bets in here then?

So we can bet the opposite and, most likely, win money?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

ChampRamp posted:

So we can bet the opposite and, most likely, win money?

How would that have worked out last night?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

jase1 posted:

How would that have worked out last night?

Somebody who bet the opposite of all your picks would have lost money last night, but not nearly as much money as they'd have won on every previous event.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Right and I was mocked and laughed at so now it's my turn. When I lose you guys can go back to laughing at me.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I don't think you were mocked so much as regarded as a sort of perverse god.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I still feel that I was right to laugh

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
It's okay to let jase1 gloat about his victories last night. Good job, jase1. Now please take those winnings and make even more picks next time.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It's okay to let jase1 gloat about his victories last night. Good job, jase1. Now please take those winnings and make even more picks next time.

Thanks! It's exactly what I was panning on doing.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

next card I'm going to oppose your bets again and see if it causes you to win again, and you can count on that !!

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

golden oldies pete posted:

next card I'm going to oppose your bets again and see if it causes you to win again, and you can count on that !!

We should do a science lab report on this.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Good job, Jase1. I think you deserve to gloat a little bit.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

jase1 posted:

Right and I was mocked and laughed at so now it's my turn. When I lose you guys can go back to laughing at me.

You don't realize the tragedy inherent in your success last night. Your bets not translating directly into losses for the fighters you bet on removes PSP goons' last hope of bribing you to put a ton of money on Jon Jones to make him lose, so now he is destined to reign as Herb King of MMA for the next 10 years.

Mazzagatti2Hotty fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 20, 2013

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
tell us again how you're a successful business guy and poker mans so your retard ball mma betting is just for fun and you don't really care if you win or lose again, because i believe you don't get caremad about this

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

eh, I think it's been linked in here already, but after reading through most of jase1's pool hustling/gambling story thread in A/T (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475307), I don't really get the impression that he would take MMA betting too seriously

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
have you ever met someone who repeatedly attempts to do something, is awful at it then when called on being awful at it they say some version of 'whatever i don't really care much anyway', then the first time they get it marginally right they start gloating?

or that gets defensive about how awful they are so they bring up all the other stuff they're good at and talk about A/T threads

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

have you ever met someone who repeatedly attempts to do something, is awful at it then when called on being awful at it they say some version of 'whatever i don't really care much anyway'

Quit talking about your posting.

Jase rules and I hope he never stops betting on MMA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jase1 was really bad but always entertaining. Now he's regrouped, trained hard and he's really good and going on a run. He's the Matt Brown of betting on MMA.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

have you ever met someone who repeatedly attempts to do something, is awful at it then when called on being awful at it they say some version of 'whatever i don't really care much anyway', then the first time they get it marginally right they start gloating?

or that gets defensive about how awful they are so they bring up all the other stuff they're good at and talk about A/T threads

He probably genuinely doesnt care that much, hes a compulsive gambler and if all his gambling stories he posts are true (maybe) he will sit down at a poker table with a couple grand and get drunk and lose it pretty often so a few bucks on MMA every couple weeks wouldnt matter that much to him. Hes just really defensive and combative so he is gonna have that reaction when a bunch of people make fun of him and his picks. he probably gets more enjoyment from gloating here about his rare wins than he does from actually winning the 10 bucks or whatever

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Jase is Tito post-Bader. High on the apex at the highest peak in the deepest valley.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
And I think maffew knows a thing or two about being caremad so y'all should listen.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Why does anything give a gently caress about this past, "Hah hah, your bets are entertaining to us!"

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

There's a lot of good fights happening in the coming weeks, and I can't wait to see how well people end up doing by the end of it all. Here is what I have so far.

$10.00 to win $6.90: Okami/Souza goes 3 round distance -145* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
$10.00 to win $7.69: Brandon Vera -130* vs Ben Rothwell
$19.00 to win $7.04: Floyd Mayweather Jr -270* vs Saul Alvarez

I think Okami/Souza's gonna be full of bad kickboxing and cage clinching, so that fight going the distance at -145 seems like a pretty good line. As for Vera/Rothwell I just think Vera is straight up better than Rothwell, who's really lucky to be in the UFC still. Finally, I had to put some money on Money since that's the lowest I've seen him as a favorite and I think he'll make his opponent look silly once again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MrSmokes posted:

There's a lot of good fights happening in the coming weeks, and I can't wait to see how well people end up doing by the end of it all. Here is what I have so far.

$10.00 to win $6.90: Okami/Souza goes 3 round distance -145* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
$10.00 to win $7.69: Brandon Vera -130* vs Ben Rothwell
$19.00 to win $7.04: Floyd Mayweather Jr -270* vs Saul Alvarez

I think Okami/Souza's gonna be full of bad kickboxing and cage clinching, so that fight going the distance at -145 seems like a pretty good line. As for Vera/Rothwell I just think Vera is straight up better than Rothwell, who's really lucky to be in the UFC still. Finally, I had to put some money on Money since that's the lowest I've seen him as a favorite and I think he'll make his opponent look silly once again.

that's some great money for floyd. i'm on board that train.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Yeah, I was surprised to see Floyd below -300. I think it should get even closer in the next 2 weeks as the hype builds, but I wanted to go ahead and play it just in case. May put more on Floyd later.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MrSmokes posted:

As for Vera/Rothwell I just think Vera is straight up better than Rothwell, who's really lucky to be in the UFC still.

Rothwell is still in the UFC because he's 2-2 and never lost more than one match in a row. Vera, on the other hand, has won one of his last five and is only still in the UFC because Thiago Silva pissed hot after literally beating him like a drum.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
And the one he won was a really close decision against top contender Elliot Marshall.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

Rothwell is still in the UFC because he's 2-2 and never lost more than one match in a row. Vera, on the other hand, has won one of his last five and is only still in the UFC because Thiago Silva pissed hot after literally beating him like a drum.

Thank you for reminding me of the magical Rothwell/Yvel fight.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

tell us again how you're a successful business guy and poker mans so your retard ball mma betting is just for fun and you don't really care if you win or lose again, because i believe you don't get caremad about this

If you read my thread I repeatedly talk about how I am bad at sports booking but I like to do it for fun. My gloating was suppose to be ironic because I usually lose when I bet on sports. I guess you just don't get that. I take this as all in good fun, I post my other bets in the football thread too. I thought you guys got entertainment out of this so when I won I flipped the tables. I don't have to post here if you guys don't want me to I honestly don't car either way because I am still going to bet on sports.

I look at betting on sports like people look at going out to a movie or an expensive restaurant. It's entertainment, it gives me a reason to watch the event. Most of the time I am watching these events while I am playing poker for hours at a time so it keeps me from getting bored. Sports booking and prop bets are the only time I lose money gambling overall. I make money playing poker and shooting pool. I don't know what caremad means but I assume it means I am getting upset about losing. Gambling is a risk and if you get upset or emotional when you lose than you should not be gambling simple as that. Is that what you were looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

fatherdog posted:

I know Rothwell has a better looking record, but I think Vera has shown more talent in his fights. Rothwell hasn't looked good in any of his UFC fights. His best performance was his first round KO against Schaub, after he got rocked with a spinning back elbow and managed to clip Schaub's chin in a wild exchange. Vera hasn't looked very good lately either, but most of his recent losses are to high level fighters like Shogun, Jones, and Couture (and lots of people thought he beat Randy.) I think Vera will win a decision in this fight by having a speed advantage and a more diverse attack.